(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

I interested , pls count me in ... Weekday or weekend I also can [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I want to go too!

Jwt will be good as uob card can be used!

Mvh, try to ask the number of people going first then book for trial!

First Birthday Bash

Does any mummy want to get goodies bag for your #1 & #2?How old is your kids? Please note additional cost will incurred for #1 & #2 goodies bag. Vote, please?

any mummy here using any of this 2 yaolans? I am thinking of getting one, but not sure which type is good. My baby is quite long, so I dont know if her head will knock on the metal rods. Can give your kind advice, thanks.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5293971.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5293972.jpg]

so hard to keep track of this thread.

mvh> i also interested in the trial lesson. i'm gg to little gym(MS branch) tomorrow at 4.35pm though. Anyone gg?

I'm also interested to try other gyms as well as kindermusik & magic fiddler. Especially magic fiddler, heard it is quite good, but i only can make it on weekends unless it is during my ML week.

jasmine,

I'm using the blue yaolan... but my son seldom sleeps in it bcos he's in it when in my mum place but when come back home he sleeps with me on the bed so i seldom put him in... i might be selling off mine as I'm moving to my mum's place then her house have 1 already.

Regarding your ques on knocking your head... it won't bcos the mfg of it is such that the head and leg is perpendicular to the rod like a cross, even if u shake or turn it will still come back to cross position... somemore the roller legs can be locked so to prevent accidental push.

hi eeyore, thanks! Is it stable if bb becomes bigger and can sit up? I scare will topple over if baby sit up. I am still deciding whether to drill and hang from ceiling.

First Birthday Bash

Does any mummy want to get goodies bag for your #1 & #2?How old is your kids? Please note additional cost will incurred for #1 & #2 goodies bag. Vote, please?

1) MVH - 3 year old girl

2) Jasmine Goh - 5 year oid girl

Jasmine, I use the blue type yaolan.. Mine without rollers.. But I still shift here n there where I want lol.. My gal knows how to flip n turn n swing in yaolan but still not long enuff to hit the metal.. Not sure if grow older than 1yr will knock or not.. But I hope to make her quit yaolan soon before 1 yr old..

MVH, ahNah, thanks.

In the end, i gave in to my mum, she think is safer to hang from ceiling

Jasmine

Mine is from ceiling.. No offence to others, I also feel safer hang from ceiling.. After u hang the rope , ask the heaviest person to try free hanging on the rope for a while to make sure everything is secured.

sunflower, huh serious? my bro-in-law is the fattest of all, about 80+kg, got to try like that ah?

cheekrene and jascmy, wanna ask u both something.

saw that you ordered the thermos funtainer food jar from spree. can check with u what is the rough estimated shipping cost for it?

by the way, those with designs eg. hello kitty/minnie mouse etc vs the Thermos Foogo Food Jar, are they the same? or is it only Foogo food jars are leakproof and those hello kitty/minnie mouse jars etc are not?

Thanks ! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bought my bb for her 1st swim today ! haha ... she LOVE it ! just to check with all mummies , how long do u let bb swim ? and bath her there ? and wear swim diaper ?

MVH, I'm interested in the free play gym too.Pls count me in.

Can I have the contact of your part time maid. I'm really going to die without a part time maid, Every weekend have to go out and no time to mop the floor. I only managed to wash 1 toilet last wkend.

monkie, I'm not sure leh. By the way I will be self collecting from the seller. Jus saw that its really cheaper than outside so I bought. Will let u know once I got it.

Whitelady, u let bb wear the neck float?? I wan to bring my boy to swim too but not sure what kind of float to use. The neck float very ex and only use a few times. if I bring my Bb to swim I will bath him at my sis-in-law's hse cos will be swimming in her condo. I will let him wear swim diaper too cos I have one free one. After that will wear suite.

white_lady, u bring baby to swimming pool?

I afraid of swimming pool chlorine so only consider after she is 1 yr old. normally she will swim at home coz i bought those tub; so far i bring her to the baby can swim center once & she got rashes over her body. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi white lady,

glad that your gal loved her swim... I haven't brought my boy down for swim, scared the water too cold for him... anyway for bbs don't let them swim too long, scared that they catch a cold, probably less than 30 mins will do... and I suppose let them wear swim diaper bah, my gal used to wear swim diaper too as they dunno how to control their urinate...

Mvh: Gen n Javion been to the little gym trial liao... at marina sq de..

hmm, it fun and if bb able to crawl more fun.. overall i tink gEN njoy it bah..

Oh sheric, u jus reminded me.. Mayb my bb face recently got rashes is bcos if swimmin pool water

Hmmm Mayb i shld stop bringin her to pool fir awhile abd see hw her face condition goes

Jascmy

I bought those float that got hole for the leg ones . As long as they can sit then can lor. No use buying those neck float . I feel that neck float is for Bb that can't support the neck lor ... My girl sit in the float n kick n kick , very cute

Sheric

Yes I bring them to safra pool . My #1 I brought him to swim when he was 7 mth old . Think ok one . Yesterday I saw a baby about 5 mths also go swim. My girl

I let her swim 15 minute n that baby swim very long , about half hour more !

Eeyore

Ya I let me girl swim for 15 minute cos first try . Next week will let her try for half hour [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

swimming pool:

previously i let my girl swim using swim diaper but max is 15 mins due to chlorine and baby can tire out easily. recently weather is not good, i dun think it will be good for babies to swim as they can get cold easily. my girl scream as she dun like it. yesterday i let her try using her feet to try out. so far she is fine with the water due to hot weather.

my ger oso dunno why suddenly dun like swimming..

first time go down ok..

2nd time cry

3rd time oso cry..

sigh..

but i nv let her wear the huggies swim diaper le..

only wear first time..

cos it doesnt absorb water/urine..i tink is more for collecting poo..

Sheric,

Do you think that the inflatable baby swimming tub is a good investment? I'm thinking of going down to baby expo to check out the deals. My boy has mild eczema so till now he only swam once in babyspa when he's 1mth+ old, didn't continue cos I find the timing is too short & expensive.

Whitelady,

I bought the Swimtrainer float but haven't try it yet. Use either disposable swim diaper or those washable type.

For those going for the gathering this saturday, my friend is free to come down to take Photoshot for individual Bbs at $55 for 10 pics soft copy of actual shoot + 5 creative workzs AND 5 free prints. Super good deal!!

You can see his work in my facebook. Or u can PM me and I will email you the link to the FB.

If you wan to sign up jus PM me.

duckling,

can you PM me your address and mobile again?

btw, my boy is having runny nose.. it will take some time to recover..if still the same, wont meet you all this sat.

hihi, i m back! was back to M'sia for Qing Ming last Friday... super hot weather & come back my ah boy sick pulak... super sianz... hope he will recover soon for this weekend playdate...

cheese, yes, the playdate on sat is on... 1-4pm.

I will sms all attendances my adddress on Thu or Fri for reminder then...

white_lady, i am sorry leh, not able to accept more attendace due to my house space limitation... we re-arrange to meet outside next time ok?

MVH, can count me in for the gym trial class too? also prefer in ther weekend cos got driver :p hehe...

Cheekrene, yes, goodie bag for my girl also, 4 yr old [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re: baby 1st swim

I bring my boy to swim at safra when he was 6 mo old also... he loves water too... i prefer swim at safra cos the bath room there got hot water... actually was planning to bring him to swim again this week, but too bad now got flu... need to postpone to next week again...

fumiko, so fast u look for childcare center for ur girl already? i tot u stay north also, why look at bishan area?

sunflower, will sms u my address again on thu or fri... aiyo, ur son also sick huh? Seems like our kids get sick easily... are we over protective till their immune system is weak???

I met my friend who is a teacher in Msia last week. She is teaching in a place called Nenasi, a very ulu place that in a deep kampung, seldom hear abt this place also...her school only got 22 students in total, mix from pri 1 till pri 6...all orang asli... they dun wear proper uniform to school... but accordingly to my friend, her students hardly get sick & no mc... their parent dun sterilize anything since their baby… they run in the dirty mud, playing with the 'real lokang fish' , shower & play in the rain water, etc... but they dun have HFM disease there, kids are healthy & seldom heard any of them got allergy toward any foods etc... this is the difference between the kampong kids with ours…

Btw, want to ask the mummies here. for your babies porridge, you only cook 1 times to serve for lunch & dinner? or you cook 2 times in a day huh?

My boy dun eat much, it is very hard to cook such a small portion & it is very time consuming... so last week I cook 1 time only with slow cooker. Cooked from 9am-12noon. then I keep the remaining porridge in the thermos pot & let him eat again at ard 5pm... but i not sure it is ok or not? any mummies also doing this huh? pls adv.

duckling, sigh..

i tink if i can dun work and stay at home to take care of my bb..tat will b e best solution..

for now, i dun trust my MIL and my maid wan to go back cos she earn enough money liao...she been supporting her family to buy rubber plantation, cows, her own house and now...those biz are making money..so she say she can stop working liao..

and now ccc owas v fast full esp those popular ones..

so i already putting my bb name on waiting list..

cos i will b working at bishan area soon..tat y oso see if bishan got any gd ccc..

now my 1st choice is learning vision at NYP but is priority to nyp staff..they have limited slots for public..

2nd choice will be eager beaver at yis central..

talkin abt immune sys..then is it now i shld jus let my ger touch this n tat, and dun care hw dirty she is??

ahhh..i stop sterilizing my bb bottles...using boiling method..but the bottles and teats tend to get yellow v fast...compare to last time when i use sterilizing method..

so is turning yellowish ok??

Jasmine, i find it good investment for me. initially, she swim nearly every sun which cost $30 every time u visit those babyspa. But now she is big, I think the tub is too small for her to roam. If u want i can lent u to try.

duckling,

haiz..i failed as a mother .. i always have the thinking bfg will build up their immune system..but even though, he still falls sick.. for him, i feed him cold pear puree and papaya puree, thats why kena alot phelgm, then lead to flu..

ya i believed we are too protective against their hygiene, thats why i feel the pple like us grow up in a 'jia lup sup dua', will be less prone to sickness.

duckling,

my mum cooks twice..she doesnt like 'leftover' porridge.. she says its the same if we are the ones eating leftover porridge, its not healthy if it keeps heating. so i also follow by cooking twice during weekends.

Jasmine, yup, thats my Bb's photoshot done yesterday. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

duckling,

i will cook more of the plain porridge using the electric steamer... for lunch & dinner... then if got extra will put into a container & store in the fridge to use for the next day... then just heat it up ... cos can store up to 2 days... but usually i will just make enuff for today & tmr (i.e 4 meals portion)...

then other ingredients like mince pork, chicken, fish i will cook it at each time... steam together when i cook or reheat the porridge...

then i will add vegetable puree... these i will make alot in batches then keep in baby cubes sotre in freezer... oso when needed, just take out 1 baby cube to heat up with the porridge & meat...

duckling, why dun u feed one time cereal, one time porridge..so u wont cook twice?

er..hw little is ur potion? my bb can eat almost 1 rice bowl..

mayb tat y she look v big size...lolz...

sunflower..huh really? i oso tot bfg can build their immune sys le..

tat y i bfg..if not i give FM liao..

When to give bb FM for those fully breastfeed bb?

after they 2 yrs old?

Back