(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

CL,

I can only imagine how tired it can be for you with 2 babies. i hv 3 persons helping out with 1 toddler and 1 baby, already i feel exhausted...

i think ur cl did not deliberately do those things; just that they can be old school and stick to their own methods.

my cl aso has to be taught the way i wan her to clean my girl, thankfully she takes it quite well.

ann,

i think i rate my cl higher than 6.5 now, haha! she listens to my suggestions and things are much better now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

dreymin,

if u dun pump out, wont get engorgement ah? i have to pump at least once a day, if not, will have engorgement n quite harden too..

Thanks all

i will shift back this Friday already informed my parents and they will be coming to fetch me.. Just measured my body temp 37.3 why such a failure to fall sick at this time.. My hb asked me my temp i just told him 37 and say i drank warm water so temp will be abit high.. Will be relying on him tonight.. Omg! Why am i crying again[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] the stress is killing me..

today i ws busy, went back office to give cakes and angku. tiring sia.

saffy, i am using medela pis advance. good pump. the earlier u buy the better it is.

i forgot wat i read liao. try ah.. haha!

penguin, go see doctor. doctor will give u powder for drying the cord (or if u wan i can give u mine cause not using anymore,but where do u stay?)if nearby then u come collect.

ann, i see. i will try to use someting to cover ah boy's ears. lets see. or use a thick hat to cover. anyway he isnow botak, and need a hat.

**hugz hugz penguin**

dont cry le, wont do any good to your eyes... think on the bright side n at least u are gonna move back to your parents side to do confinement, everything will be fine... dont stress yourself so much, no good for your health too..

cheekrene, breastmilk poo poo is yellow and curdy. FM poo poo is usually green and pasty (texture like kaya)... 20ml of FM for first few days of bb's life is normal.

dreymin, good that your CL has improved. My CL is leaving in another 2 days time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mdm yip, your birth story is hilarious! I laughed at the way u said u can't afford for yr hb's arm to be amputated cos he has to be yr slave for another 50 years... :p

penguin, aiyo, Take it easy. You are going home now so that's something happy to look fwd to..

Dreymin, i always burp my gal after feed n sometimes my CL will try to burp her again..

These 2 days my gal spilt up milk after every feed leh.. Too full? She only poos 1 time that is a lot, cover her whole backside, other times e poos Is just a little bit only.. I hope she gets enough milk? Coz some mention needs to have 6-8poos a day?? Big or small poos?

MVH, breastfed babies can either not poo for up till 21 days or poo at every feed. The average is 6-8 poos a day. I read on babycentre.com that for breastfed babies, we shouldn't worry about frequency of poo as long as the poo poo is soft and easy to pass ie not constipation. But formula-fed must definitely poop once a day.

Did you gal spit up a lot of milk? I think if spit out a bit is okay....

Morning all

baby finally zzz after waking up for solid 3hours..

QQ: e pd prescribed a powder for my baby's cord.. Thanks for ur offer[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

dreymin: i am using mdm jumie for massage i find her quite nice and ok.. Her charges are 55 per 1and half hour and her face and head massage made me fall zzz everytime..

Re: weight

i only managed to lose 5kg after birth[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] e weight don seemed to drop.. Is it normal? My massage lady says it's not water retention but fats.. Ytd i took my pre pregnancy pants out to try and it got stuck at my thighs.. So sad.. My hb say my tummy alot flatter but e weight still does not shed..

morning mummy n daddy! For the past 2 days I never wake up n pump in the middle of nite leh, am so sleepy! Alarm ring I press the Button down n tot of waking up in a awhile in the end wake up at 6am!!! Juz wake up n pump only manage to get 60ml! Haiz..

Congrats to ahnah and your wife. Your waiting is worthwhile.

Madam yip,

i share the same thought as you. The needle on hand is more painful. You are lucky that Dr Woody use vacuum and you just pushed 3x. Mine pushed half an hour then could vacuum within 2 pushes. Think my gynae wanna experience it. Nevertheless congrats to you. Your story is really funny and interesting. Unfortunately we were not able to see each other as what we had mentioned before. Anyway take a good rest.

Ann,

thanks. I realised when I breastfeed, my gal's poo is green. When I gave her FM, her poo started to turn yellow. Maybe 1st few, she didnt manage to absorb from me. Now I can feel relieved.

By the way, thanks to all of you. I started to pump every 3hrs yesterday and I could see my BM coming out slowly. But then till last night, my breasts started to become hard. Think I got engorgement. I felt so uncomfortable and heavy. This morning, i tried to latch my gal on my right breast, she seemed to be drinking for 15 mins which is a good sign. I felt slightly better. After that, i gave FM to her in case she was hungry. Any way to stop engorgement beside warm towel and cold cabbage?

Hi all

Been a while since I log on cos too tired after the ordeals I have to go through so no mood for anything at all not even the ability to share..

Gave birth via emergency c- sect on August 8 @ 8pm plus.. long story..

Now is day 11 since the birth of my gal.. and feeling better as Im adopting a more open minded view

Congrats to all the mummies who have popped and carrying their little bundle of joy.. =)

Any mummies still in waiting? Dont fret, your time will come soon. =)

ahNah,

ur wife c-sec, once she's ready juz get her to latch bb....bb suckle more will help to bring in the milk faster n for the 1st few days it's colostrum which is the best for bb even though it's oni that few drops....initial milk oni kicks in 4-5days later n matured milk another few days more

Hi Nature Lover! Haven't heard from u in a while... Hope u r recovering well after the Csect..

cheekrene, have to pump regularly (every 3 hrly) to prevent engorgement. Cold cabbage will relieve the pain immediately but I think QQ mentioned that this option will reduce supply.... So just put warm towel and keep pumping and massaging.

penguin, don't worry about the weight loss or fats yet... Just focus on taking care of yr bb first for now...

Ann: Still recovering.. havent slept properly since the surgery.. slept in a 45 degree reclining position, dare not sleep flat..

I really kudos all mummies here.. be it the pain from natural birt or c-sect, you all just endure w/o a care.. mummies are indeed great beings

winnie

if u wan ur supply to go up.. u really must wake up to pump the midnight pump v important will definately help the increase de.. u try again tonight ok.. i understand the overslpt part cause i myself also like tat.. set alarm at 3+ am i woke up 4+ . today my alarm at 4am i woke up almost 6am.. the wake up part is jump up & pump immediately. cos both boobs already v full.. haa.

nature lover

oh.. ur c-sect wound is still painful? pain killer didnt help? for natural delivery, we recover faster..

cheekrene

yes cabbage will reduce supply.. i tink using warm towel to massage & pumping best help engorgement. but dont pump for too long, ur nipple sure cannot take it.. but u can pump more oftenly if 3hrly cannot clear. u try 2 hrly.. to clear the hard part.. den back to 3 hrly..

ahNah,

MtA LC taught mi 1 easy way to latch....if u can't latch properly nvm....try again later when bb cries n again n again.... dun bring food to bb...let bb find the milk source themselves n they'll b more willing to latch properly....n it works....esp when my girl cries for milk, that's the best chance coz mouth super wide open.....

although mi 2nd time mummy but my girl v small in size so i really duno how to latch her n that's wad the nurses told mi.....good way to try esp when u back home no more LC to stand there help

Good morning mummies and daddies. Never sleep the whole of last night cos bb fussing non-stop. Anyone experiencing the same thing? She sleeps soundly after every feed during the day but at night feed already still eyes big big and wants to cuddle. Put her down in the crib she will wail until the roof comes down. I practically held her the whole of last night. Dunno how to cope, tired as heck [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Ann, thanks for e info.. More an xin now.. These few days almost every feed she spilt up milk.. Not few drops kind.. A bit worrying.. Hope not reflux..

Huffpuff, my gal fuss almost e whole afternoon yesterday from 3-7pm.. Then ko for a few hours.. But at nite fuss again. Last nite need to carry her till almost 2am then she sleeps.. Sigh.. I m so tired.. These few nites, I will startle by myself, scare that I latch bb on n fall asleep then bb falls.. Woke up several to look for bb..

Thanks all for the well wishes. In confinement now. Not washing my hair is killing me..... Omg I going to ki siao soon. Haven bath since delivery, only wipe down with herbal water. Been latching on greg. Really a challenge

Eeyore,

thanks.

Mdm yip,

me oso cannot tahan. My hair is super oily n smelly! But another 3 weeks then can wash... T_

cheekrene,

let your baby latch on is oso 1 effective way to clear engorgement. They r born super sucker. Lolx~

hah.

ur totally nv wash hair at all???sure cannot tahan one leh...

ermm i wash my hair alternate days with shampoo then wash with herb water.. but yday cannot shower cos got massage wrap early morning,, must tahan 12 hr den can take out.. so only today will shower & wash hair..

Ng, u not going to wash yr hair for 1 month? I tahan for 12days then I wash.. Now every week I will shower n wash hair. Though my hair is short, still very itchy..

huffpuff,

my bb also eyes big big after i changed her diaper at 4am. kept fussing and insisted on having the lights on. she only went back to sleep after i re-swaddled her, stuff tutu in her mouth and cuddle her to sleep.

Mvh, I do that too...sometimes when napping I think I am still holding baby and wake up only to discover I am half dreaming. Too tired ba... I have also nodded off before while latching her.. so dangerous.

Saffy, my baby falls asleep when I'm cuddling her but somehow she will know when I put her down in the crib and raise hell. Lol.

I wash my hair everyday. Peifu the mummies who r not washing hair >_<

halo everyone,

hope all of you are coping well. I'm into my last week of confinement... yeah! But already broken all the rules... fan is on with windows wide open, bathe everyday + wash hair, change my bedsheets (my CL was in shock, she said cannot cannot, bb will have running nose... siao ah... my bedsheets so smelly liao)

I even went Giant just now to do grocery shopping and came back with my shirt dripping with milk. Terrible engrogement cos never pump in the morning!

I have also decided to give some FM to my gal so that when I bring her go hi-tea next week, its more convenient. I feel a little lousy to give up like that. But will make life easier lah.

Congrats to those who have just popped!

HELP! ann..

my cl leaving today, so this am i started latching ah boy. every 1 hr or less wake up for milk, then suck oni 5-8 min then slept liao. i wake him up, also cannot wake up.. alamak..

i think he is too tired playing the tug of war with me. jialat.

wl,

Me will follow your footsteps too...Haha..

I dun believe in confinement, other that resting well and eating some "bu" food.

MVH, me too...... so tired that I actually nodded off while latching on baby... but lucky, I usually sit crossed legged on my bed so if I did let go of baby, at most he will roll onto the bed...

huffpuff, is it she got too much wind in her tummy that's why fussing? U can check if her tummy is round and very hard. If very hard, my CL says its wind so need to rub oil, burp baby etc.

n_g, u intend to not wash hair for yr entire confinement? Gosh. You can really tahan. I cannot tahan cos my scalp will get oily and itchy.... Scared that my hair will drop if I leave it in such dirty state....

wl, I also changed my bedsheets leh... my CL didn't say anything. Don't care lah... cleanliness more important. Why go hi-tea must give FM? Can nurse while eating what...... That's what me and my fren do when we go out for meals... 1 hand use spoon to feed ourselves, the other hand use to support baby's head while she's nursing...:p

QQ, during day time he wake up 1 hrly is still okay cos u r more awake..... but to make sure night time he don't do this, bottle feed him for the last feed @12am. My boy does all these pattern during day time the past few days liao..... but for night, he's better ... zhun zhun 3 hrly but his last nite feed, he will drink 120-140ml of EBM or FM. For day time, if u don't want to make him too comfortable till he zzzz, can try to use cross-cradle or football hold instead of the cradle hold?

Ann, roger. thanks. really le.. eat not full, sleep not well. then sleep not well, how to eat well? it is a bad cycle. and i always cradle oni. maybe must change pattern liao.

yours can drink so much?

mine at 100ml, but i think he can drink more bt we dare not increase cause scare overfed. aanyway, i guess overfed liao, 100ml last him about 2 hour or less now. if give 120ml, i not yet try. tonight i try and see.

he is about 4.4kg now.

ann, my gal refuse to latch on lah. she's too impatient. So I don wanna risk starving her while I'm having my hi-tea... heehee

Bakaholic, me too... my hubby bought lots n lots of vegetables and ask the CL to cook for me... then she keep mumbling that I cant have vege during confinement... WTH?!?! How to get enough nuritious withou vegetables?

Are we all seeing the same trend in our bb huh? Cos most of them are Leo born in the year of Tiger?!?!?!

QQ, I think my boy only 3.2kg now..... small sized still but I dunno why the 12am night feed, he can whack 120-140ml..... At first my hb only give him 70ml EBM but he finished fast and eyes big big. So my hb go make another 70ml and he actually finished that ... so total is 140ml... but only last him 3 hrs. I dun think we overfed him cos he never puke at all... Anyway, its only for that 1 feed. Maybe the rest of the time I latch him on so he eats small from me...... then he wait for bottle feed at night to replenish...

wl, talking about hi-tea makes me hungry.... hee hee. I can't wait to go hi-tea and shopping again! Going for my first shopping trip this weekend! Yeah yeah yeah.

Ann, I thought might be gas too but her tummy not hard. I've been burping her diligently after every feed even if it is just latch on and mil rubs ruyi oil on her chest and tummy after bathing. When she was fussing I also tried bringing her knees up into her chest cos I read it helps with gas. So far the only thing that calms her down during her fussing is cuddling or comfort suckling. I wonder if it's because my in-laws have been spoiling her during the day, they like to carry her [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Wl, u bringing out baby So fast?I dun dare to bring out, even when going polyclinic for jaundice checks I feel very nervous and scared that she will start fussing.

same here. i stil haven got the courage to bring bb out alone leh.. sure kalang kabo... only got one not so nice nursing shawl & i used it for once during one of the poly clinic visit for jaundice check.

i'm doing bb full month next weekend.. stil on confinement.. also cant eat the buffet stuff -_- so cham...

seems like mostly ordering from neo garden leh.. like too common.. any one has comments for YLS? kim's kitchen?

full month cake from where? i tinking to get from Choz.

huffpuff..... oh.. if your in laws have been carrying her all day long then cham liao.... It will take a while to wean her off the 'carrying to sleep' method...

Hi all,

Anyone bought and used those baby carriers like Baby Bjorn? Just wondering if its easy to use.... I'm thinking of buying one cos I need to bring my #1 to school and take public bus every day ... Can't be carrying my #2 and also holding my #1 hand up the bus... Need my hands free so thot of investing in a proper baby carrier. I have the sarong sling but find its not so good for newborn....

Hi all, I have just delivered this morning. Burst waterbag at 8am and give birth at 9.20. Labour too fast that epidural haven start effect thus I experience the pushing urge and cutting part. Epidural only works 1hour later. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

QQ, I always disturb my gal when she falls asleep while latching.. Tickle her chin, neck, rub her head, forehead.. Change breast, open diaper, burp her.. U can try these.. Wow yr boy gains alot leh..

Wl, my mil also have e same thought when doing my #1 confinement.. She is incharge of marketing n did not buy vege for me. Say vege too Liang.. After a few days I can't tahan n talk to my mum n my mum talk to mil.. Then start to buy vege.. But restricted to 2 types of vege..

Back