(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

pd0513 : parkway east.. with tearybabe on the same day [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

suika : like tis is good meh, but den how? i should stop a 10mins or continue longer i also dunno leh. and till nw i still did'nt have excess to freeze and store lor.

Susan, newborn babies don't cry so loud one leh.... last time I did this "cry it out" with my #1 when she was like 6 mths old or 9 mths old. So big sized, cry lagi louder... but I don't care... she cried for almost 1 hour straight on 1st day and then 30 mins 2nd day and then 3rd day 15 mins and then 4th day, she sleep by herself liao. None of my neighbours complain leh. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Nature Lover, true... I also prefer not to have strangers in my home.. but unfortunately, no one in my family know how to do confinement and I don't want a maid. You can start counting down the days till end of your confinement.

winnie, your CL can't wait to leave? hmm... I thot it will be you who can't wait for her to leave. :p

mamyvelle, 150ml is VERY good supply ah... how come u don't have excess to freeze and store leh since yr bb drink 70ml only...?

ann,

hahah.. maybe neighbours wont hear but i just scare like very loud cuz he cried non stop lor.. also cant bear to let him cry so long plus if just let him cry, we also cant sleep well..

i also have 150ml of EBM each time i pump n my fridge almost run out of space to store le cuz still got frozen food which my mum bought to let my hb cook for my confinement..

Oh gosh my engorgement is so bad that i had to walk in to TMC parentcraft for treatment. Took 1 hour to massage and pump. The pain was terrible. Till now i am trying hard to pump every 2-3 hours as i have small breasts. Now trying to sleep after pumping, it start to engorge. So pain. What should i do?

Sigh.. Called up my gal's pd just now ard 11pm.. My gal seems to be throwing up milk rather than normal splitting almost every feed..quite worrying.. N cranky for hours in day n nite.. Just manage to put her to sleep after throwing up.. Crying in between feeding also.. Which might be heartburn as pd said.. Ask me to give gripewater to dong tonite.. Question him can give to 3weeks old bb, he said can coz no alcohol inside.. Bringing her to see him tomolo.. So ask my lazy hubby go 7-11 buy but he refuses to go.. Sickening.. If I can go out, I will sure go n buy lor.. Another worrying nite.. Hope everything is ok. Somemore my gal today got diaper rash.. Quite red.. Screaming everytime clean her poo.. Heartpain..

MVH,

wah! how come your hb refuse to go buy? he not worry 1 meh?! probably tats the different btn daddy n mummy. mummy tend to worry more abt their baby.

cheekrene,

can try to let your baby latch on? it will help. last time when my engorgement really bad n my boy cant clear for me, my hubby actually help to suck out those milk. n it did help.

huh, how come yr hubby don't wanna go buy the Gripe water?! How about asking your CL to go and buy then?

For the diaper rash, see if you can use cotton ball and warm water to clean. Squeeze the cotton ball and let the water drip down her butt before u wipe/ clean. It will feel less rough to her as compared to the wet wipes. After that, put lots of nappy rash cream. I find using this method helps relieve diaper rash faster.

MVH,

u've got CL rite? ask her to go buy instead???

the gripewater u give abit enuff liao then add into water let her drink lor...coz now bb still small...giving it directly i worry it's too sweet for her

dun worry so much.....ur girl got u enuff liao.....we girls no guys wun die 1 ;-p

cheekrene,

u latch more it's easier to clear...latch n pump after that making sure it's empty

cheekrene, fastest relief for engorgement is to put cold cabbage on. Tmr u ask your hubby go buy some cabbage and u put in yr fridge. When engorgement so painful again, just put a cabbage leaf in yr bra. My friend told me its instant relief.

Mvh,

for diaper rash, try to use cloth diaper instead of disposable diaper. Like wat Ann say, use warm water to clean baby butt everytime when change diaper. Change diaper more frequent. It help.

Cheekrene I have the same problem! So engorged now even pumping is only temp relieve. Feel like giving up bf and give fm

Thanks all.

Although latching is better, my girl was admitted to hospital yesterday due to jaundice. Currently got to pump diligently.

Madam yip,

i also feel like giving up. So painful.

Damn sianz...Cant sleep now ....read all your posts and you gals have all delivered, I am still waiting for my turn. Bb is overdue liao but still don't want to come out. The other day i thought i am having cramps similar to that of menses but in the end it was a stomache.

I guess you gals are all asleep, I cant... guess i have to go back to work tomorrow, if the bb still doesn't want to come out by tomorrow.

Ng, Suika, ann,

My hubby said tomolo see doc Liao so no need to go buy.. Angry with him.. E 7-11 is quite far to walk to from my place mah.. Somemore my CL not familiar with my place n already 11pm just now..

So far for e last 2 feedings I din force my gal to drink full full, I.e. She falls asleep I din wake her up to continue drink.. I also din burp her n ask CL not to burp her.. Scare throw up again.. Seems ok for her currently..

As for me, can't sleep well n worry she whine again..

Diaper rash

All along she is using cloth diaper in e morning n disposable at nite.. Yesterday I ask CL to use another box of diaper liners which was already opened before.. Then got rashes.. Think e liners a bit not clean Liao.. CL insists that wearing disposable heal faster.. Got apply cream every change..

Hi Cheekrene,

I was reading your post on the use of warm towel and cold cabbage for engorgement.I am not experience and I have not popped so i have no real life experience but from the bf books i read and from the antenatal classes... this is what i have got to share.

the only way to prevent engorgement is to pump regularly. to relieve engorgement warm towels and cold cabbage have very different usage. during engorgement the milk ducts are block but the store is full, there is inflammation. so first you need to apply cold pressure to relieve the inflammation pain. after that when you are ready to have it expressed with less pain, use the warm towel to 'enlarge' the milk ducts so that the milk can flow out more easily.

wow mvh, you can still awake! thats wonderful... feel so lonely at this time.

I have to induce if there isn't a choice. infact i am getting worried with every passing day... thats why i still go to work everyday to get my mind off any worry.

there are a few methods of induction but frankly do i need to choose? so sianz...

Mvh,

if u suspect diaper rash cause by dirty liner, probably can get your CL to wash those liner b4 use? My mom n me always wash n reuse liner as long as no poo poo on it. Can reuse for few times. =p

mvh,

from the bf books i read: babies will tend to sleep at all times even when they are hungry. so irregardless of whether they are sleepy or not, it was recommended that they have to be awaken for milk. to make sure they are drinking at the breast and not snacking or nibbling, look at the movement made by their chin. if she is not drinking, chances are the milk is not flowing out. in such cases, use use hand compression to encourage the milk to flow out.

Scooby2010,

baby cannot overdue for too long time 1. Mayb chk with your gynae whether need to induce n by when. At least more well prepare rather than everyday play guessing n waiting game.

i am also angry with my husband. bickered with him last night over his father's cooking.

His father is really very nice, cook and bring the food over for us every saturday evening now that i can pop anytime.

it so happens that last week, i think the fish he cooked with the egg omelette looked really raw and i did not eat it cos i am afraid of bacteria infection. not so much for myself but more because of the fetus.... and my husband got angry. he did not mention it the other night but brought it up tonight and told me not to complain in future.

i don't agree and we quarrel.

I just got word from a friend that her husband refuse to buy sanitary napkins for her cos she underestimated the amount of lochia she had after giving birth ... wah lao ...

wow ahnah,

your wife have given birth! congrats, winnie you too... as well as to the rest of the mommies that i have not congratulate. have not been in here for sometime as i was busy clearing my work everyday..thinking that it might be the last before i deliver...alas!

ng,

i agree with you, i am ngetting more and more worried with every passing day. i will ask for it when i go to sgh later this afternoon for my appointment. but i will nto be attended by my regular doc thsi afternoon cos she is on some course so a replacement doc is there to cover her.

i don't know about me ...and i don't know how engorgement feel but i am sure it is really very painful but don't give up bf! bm is really wonderful for your child and it also prevents breast cancer risk so try to perservere!

i hope you will say that to me when it is my turn... (that is provided i have bm supply..)

Scooby , u're still awake? Think soon will be ur turn le as cannot overdue too long, my 1st girl was induce coz she's overdue [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

scooby2010,

How long had u been overdue? Me oso giv birth at sgh leh. Think not many choose sgh. Most of them go tmc.

surprised to see got ppl chatting here at this hr today

scooby,

u overdue hw long? must check regularly coz overdue bb can b at risk of poo poo

ur hb might feel that his dad so nice cook liao n bring all the way over n yet u like no appreciate but oni complain?

Yea, time for pumping, overslept, suppose to wake up 330am , set alarm but dunno y cannot hear, end up pump at 5+... breastfeeding really very tired, gt to wake up bottle feed bm and gt to pump after tat.

Mummies using pis , anyone gt the pumping pals? Handsfree kit? I use a cloth string to support the pump while I use the phone to surf net , if nt cannot sit still to hold the pump with both hands, lolx ...

Suika: thanks for the info!

Ann: yup I can wait got her to leave at the same time gonna look aft my girl myself leh, kinda of stress as a 1st mummy.

QQ: I manage to wake up in the middle of the nite, but overslept 1/2hour tmr gonna set 1/2 earlier. Hee [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sunflower: thanks I'm trying my best! Breast feeding is tough! Each pump still only manage to get 50ml duno when will increase! Haiz [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

scooby: thanks v fast will be ur turn liao! Rest more while u can!

bakaholic, yup, still working. Initially tot of going on leave from next mon onwards but will change plan to start tmr instead.

Yesterday went for gynea checkup, She nvr did cervix check cos she say I don have the very pain effect yet so not likely to have dilated. Bb very low liao and is 3.1Kg at 38+weeks. No other signs of labour. Still hav lots of water inside, Bb kicking well and I have increased weight again. Faint ah! The routine test shows I have High blood pressure. Not sure y suddenly high. Did blood test and wait for results today. If no news is gd news. If got calls from KKH might have to induce. When I go home measure myself, blood pressure is ok leh. I did told my gynea that I'm very heavy now and will get out of breath easily after jus short distance of walk. She say jus do the blood test.

Hope nvr receive any call from KKH today.

I have a huge problem. 2 huge problems actually on my chest. Hope mummies who breastfed their #1 can help.

everytime I bf greg, my boobs will "let down" which i understand from my other friends means will "restock" automatically. In fact my "let down" is real time.. I can bf on one side then the other one start leaking...

but its giving me engorgement loh.. and blocked ducts... even pumping afterwards very little relief... how often do you pump everyday? plus bf baby and pumping wont your nipples be very sore already??

SOS. Wanna breastfeed but dun wanna boobs to explode

Scooby,

Thanks for the info. My breasts start to feel better after doing lots of cold cabbage and warm towel on blocked areas. But pumping milk is not much, total 20ml only. Haiz, i got to work harder.

You also dun worry. Try to ask for induce, otherwise you won't know how long it take. Its better to check for dilation and most importantly water bag. I read from the post about low water bag so its good to ask.

Jiayou! It will be your turn.

Jascmy,

My bp was a bit high last wk too cos i was rushing to finish up work. Finally took leave on tue cos everyone is nagging me to rest. I tot i can still work since i am mobile. Haha..

As long they dun seen any protein in your urine, should be ok. I stopped gaining weight for the last 2 wks though i am constantly hungry. My last check was sat and gynae says everything is fine as long bb is moving. He is getting more active now. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jascmy,

No choice. It was really painful. Yesterday my lactation consultant help me to relieve a lot. At night, I tried to relieve on painful area and now it make my breasts feel lighter and easy to stretch my arms.

bakaholic, sigh, there is protein in my urine yesterday. What does it mean?? Is it dangerous?? Yesterday I also rush down to KKH after work. I even missed the KK bus that make me so stress cos I tot I will be late. Lucky the next bus came quite fast. I'm also rushing to finish my work b4 I go on leave too. I tot that is the cos.

Congrats glamgem! Big bb..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Massage n pump/latch helps to clear block ducts.. Massage in circle first. Then press from outer breast n move to nipple, force e milk to nipple area.. Then squeeze e nipple to release milk.

Jascmy,

Protein in blood, with elevated bp may indicate pre-eclampsia. Probably have to induce. Anyway, you can call kkh for the results to make sure cos it could be false alarm as well.

mdmyip, I pump exclusively every 3 hrs.

But now i also got problem le... my supply seems like getting more & more and now i pump for 8-10mins can get ard 180~200ml... my boy only drinking 90~100ml so i got too much of excess EBM now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] My freezer already full of the EBM & now my SS increase make me worry how can i finsih all the excess... if throw aways feel very wasting le [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I tried to pump out every 4hrs but my breast really engorge & hard... how har? any advice?

I actually let my#1 to consume some of the BM with adding in her FM but she really can taste the difference. So my hb add the milo in the BM&FM & she managed to finished it...LOL... but she only can help to drink abt 120ml ebm per day which dun seems help too much :p

MVH, if ur girl throwing up milk rather than normal splitting almost every feed, she might have the shallow stomach too (just like my #1), if so, she can't drink too full each time else will be vomiting... anyway bring her to see PD first to confirm...

bakaholic, will wait for KKH's call bah. Hope no call from KKH today. If nvr receive call means false alarm. If receive means........ I don wan induce!! Hehee... I wan natural. Bb still don wan to come out by himself leh.

Jascmy,

Dun worry, it probably nothing. Induce can also go thr natural delivery. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bakaholic, I know induce is natural birth too but heard it will be longer delivery and might lead to emergency c-sect. Its like forcing Bb to come out where he still don want to. I still prefer him to choose his own DOB.

Back