(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

Congrats xpink! Take care!

Ann, those baby carriers u have to wait till bb neck is stable then can use rite? Which have to wait for another 2 months? I have one lucky baby carrier used for my #1.. Cheap la.. But shoulders will age when carried too long..

Alibaba & MVH,

My mom say can only wash hair after confinement. I bun my hair whenever at home even before giv birth so my hair wont touch my neck n at least feel better lah.

Wl,

I oso on fan but din blow directly to me n baby. The weather is really unbearable especially after meal, whole body sweat n really tak boleh tahan leh.

Ann,

Last confinement no hair drop, but after confinement having hair drop quite badly but I think its normal. I go for hair cut the lady told me mine ok cos eventhough drop hair but can c got many new tiny hair growing. N its true tat after a while then ok oledi.

Xpink_xuanx_1987,

Congratulation!

Congrats to those who has just popped!

MVH,

Ya, mine poo a lot..i think 6-8 times a day..usually after feed poo..sometimes one time poo twice ..and its a lot lor..

Winnie,

Gota wake up leh.. LC told me if I decided to go ahead with EBM exclusively, I have to be diligent to pump every 3hrs..i cannot skip to 6hrs..although 6hrs can yield almost the same output, but then u are not stimulating ur breasts, so as time goes by, the supply will drop.. recently I pump and fall aslp..too slpy ..

Suika,

I remember you mentioned that we need to pray the bed right? My mum told me to pray the bed during full-mth day..why har?

Breastmilk :

Check with u gals, when u store ur EBM in the fridge, after some hours, do you find some ‘curd’? like some of the milk gets harden and become bean curd? Is it normal ? or its spoilt ? I thought when we keep in fridge, it can last 24hrs..

Hair,

I tahan until 7th day then wash..so itchy..

Full mth :

Check with u all, is it true that CL only works till the full-mth day? My CL comes later , so on the full-mth day, its only her 27th working day..so she wana leave early..in the beginning, over the phone, I ask her to work for me 30days..she ok leh..when she come liao, she told me she work for 28days..then we also ok lar since it’s the practice..but now she tell me she wana wrk till full-mth day bcos its also the practice..but I told her bcos we agreed on 28-days, so she must wrk till the day after my full-mth since my full-mth is earlier.. but she insists leh..i very fed up lor.. 1 day different means a lot to me bcos during full-mth, I will be very tired to entertain relatives and friends, so I need someone to help me for nite feed while I can rest.

wl, huffpuff,

my boy's pattern also coming out liao.. these 2 nites also refuse to sleep after each feeding n keep whining n crying..eyes open super big.. when carrying him till sleep n put back to his cot, after awhile, he will start making noise n cry again.. really dont know what to do with him cuz dont want to make it a habit to keep carrying when he cries.. really testing my patience.. hb also dont have much sleep cuz he also wakes up to help pacify him..

Xuan, congrats!!! you are fast man!

ann, huffpuff,

Next friday will be the first time I'm bringing my gal out alone. That's why, the past few days I kept thinking about the logistic etc etc, and decided that FM is the easiest lah, since I can't latch her on very well.

I have seen those mummies with sarong sling (my sister is one of them) and they can breastfeed with grace and discreet. Too bad, I know I can't be like them.

MVH, tahan!!!! you have less than a week to go!!!

Susan,

my gal also like that the first week she's home. I was told cos they can't tell day and night yet, but after that she's better. Only wakes up for milk at night. I try to keep her awake in the day time... by letting her cry and cry and cry. Cos she's just crying for attention. My CL spoilt her liao. Think CL misses her grandchildren too much and hence keeps carrying my gal... chiam!

Sunflower, it's normal for BM to separate. just swirl the bottle and it will mix. Google says do not shake the bottle. If you place BM at the door, then 24 hours, cos we keep opening the fridge, but if keep it in the inner part, can tahan up to 3 days.

Xpink, congratz!

Ann, how to wean her off? I think i will drop dead of exhaustion if this continues after confinement cos now at least got in-laws to help during the day. Patting her doesn't work.

Pd0513, that sounds exactly like my girl...I feel ur pain. My girl can fuss whole night..

wl,

mine only started this week.. my mil said baby's pattern start coming out liao.. that's why she said nv praise or criticize infront of baby cuz they can understand in their small little brain de...

huffpuff,

now at night i really fear to hear his whine, once he starts to whine, i surely fully wake up..

any mummies here bottle feed their babies with EBM during night instead of latching?

hello all,

been busy pumping these few days. Anyone has the website on whether our bb is feeding too much?

My gal is 10 days old now and is drinking 80ml/3 hrly(morning ebm, night fm). Dunno is it too much..

My gal also spolit by my CL.. Now she likes to be cuddle n pat on her back then she will sleep better.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] everytime I try to make my gal sleep, she will whine after sleeping in her bed awhile.. Then CL will take over, n she sleep longer.. Alamak .. I want to learn to make her sleep longer also leh..

Sunflower, standard practice is 28days for CL to work.. But they dun work full day on the 1st n last day.. E.g. My CL starts work on wed afternoon, so her last day is tue 4 weeks later, n will leave after noon or if she is good, will cook lunch for u then go..

Jus back fm polyclinic for bb jaundice test. Dropped fm last wed's 230 to tdy 150...

As for overfeeding , I jus asked the doc.. He say jus give the baby the breastmilk whenever he wants .. They will reject once full.. Now they r growing..

Mandy: mine is drinking abt 80-100 ml per 3 hr when he's day 8 starting .. Normal bowel movements n hence got rid of the jaundice stuff..

Am doing ebm exclusively supplemented with formula milk

Can i complain for a while? super tao yan my CL.. yet worried that if change comes someone worse.. hiahz! frustration!

Hi, those who are ordering catering from Mum's Kitchen, please allow some buffer in timing hor. Today my company event ordered from them and they are late for 1hr. Lucky we are able to delay the guest of honor a bit for his lunch.

Sunflower: I try waking up but overslept again! Tonight I must make sure I wake up ya. So sleepy leh. My cl come on the 30 jul will leave on the 26 aug leh.

She told me she will left in the morning..

mvh, sunflower,

my cl cooked me lunch and dinner before she left today. i asked her to work for oni until bb full month, less than 28 days since she came late, i delivered early. i feel paiseh but really dun need cl anymore ma. anyway the pay was pro rate and i bao a big angpow for her. i hope she is happy working here. she is v good la.

mvh,perhaps she is not too happy working for u? my #1 cl also worked 28 days, standard practice.

winnie, ask your hb to wake u up! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

try your best bah.

ann, i latched him again just now, can last 2 hr, but i think he was too tired fighting with me. haha!!! i still pump out a bit cause he cannot clear my breast.

naturelover, ur cl no good?

mandy. 80ml pre 3 hr sounds v appropriate.. not too little, not too much.

to summarise there are a few views.

1. polyclinic said not more than 60-80ml / feed (3 hrly) during 1st month - but hor, many of our babies are feeding more than this amt.

2. 150 ml (or max 200ml) x bb wt(in kg) = whole day intake

the total amount can be divided by the # of feeds per day

or

3. kkh said:

15ml x bb wt (kg) = every hour

please times 3 if feed every 3 hrly

ok??

Pd0513, my girl whines and grunts in her sleep. I will jerk upright too... Hehe...

Mandy, mine drinks 60-80 ml every 2-3 hours (alternate bm and fm). She is 18 days old.

Mine girl drink 90ml every 3hr ... normally she can drag till 4hr few days ago , i suspect she didnt have enough , i wonder do i need to increase her milk intake ... but scare is too much for her .. but she got bad habit , she like to suck too fast and alot of milk end up on the small towel under her chin ... waste ...

alibaba,

so fast full month liao huh... i celebrating on 5-sep, just nice 1 month.

xpink,

congrats... very fast hor...

sunflower,

our breastmilk contains water and oil, the oil will separate from water once it reaches a certain temp... the oil is to keep our bb feel full and our BM contains lots of water hence we don't have to feed them water.

just like MVH says, just shake it a little before warming up...

u mention if never pump milk 3hrly, BM will decrease...

can check if day time i pump 3hrly but night time i don't pump, will my BM decrease in time??

Nature Lover,

when did u deliver??

Nature Lover, welcome to the "tao yan CL" club! I think its really rare to get a CL that is good..... or maybe we are all fussy cos of our hormones? I dunno ... all I know is that I am SO GLAD my CL is leaving tomorrow. Yippee!!!

winnie, by right the CL should leave after she cook your lunch on her last day.... not morning leh.....

White lady.. I initially I also gt that prob of too fast sucking n then sometimes he'll even choke.. So I tried talking to him.. If he sucks too fast, I'll tell him it's wrong n then I will slightly pull out the bottle until he calms down then I give back.. Another mtd is I do nt wait till he is v v hungry and cry for milk then I give..I'll est roughly when he starts his grunting noises then I will test by fiddling his mouth to see if he wanna milk and if so, I will feed him Liao.. And most of the time he'll suck slowly

huffpuff,

To wean babies off the "carrying" ..... my method is to have to let them cry it out. Just make sure they are well fed and clean diapers and comfortable. When they r sleepy or asleep, just put her on the cot. Then when she cry and scream, pick her up and pat her for 1 minute or less. Then put her back on the cot... Walk away. Then see her reaction. If she scream again, do the same steps only after letting her cry for 5 minutes.... then keep stretching the minutes to 10mins, 20 mins, 30 mins. It will take a few days of this training b4 baby can be trained to soothe themselves to sleep. But take note that if baby vomits from excessive crying or shows any worrying signs, then we have to stop this.

eeyore,

I think at this early stage, we have to pump at least once in middle of night cos we are still trying to establish our milk supply. But after 3 or 4 months, our breasts should be "conditioned" to still produce supply during day time even though we skip the night pump.

Congrats xpink! That was fast labour.

Alibaba,

I am getting my cakes from sweetest moments. I find their packaging nice.

Jascmy,

You still working? Me on leave since tue. Getting too tired and aching to walk around.

wl,

If strict confinement, can eat kailan. But i going to eat all leafy veg anyway, except those cooling ones like kangkong.

QQ, yeah, agree... sometimes I also think they r too tired from wrestling with us so they just latch and then guai guai sleep! Introduced the NUK bottle to my boy this week and his latch is getting from bad to worse. Dunno is it because of the bottle feeding.... 1 month old and I still get sore nipples.... Painful and sianzzz....

hi all,

CL- after an exhausted one week of hard work for the whole family, we decide together a 2 wk cl. After i describe of requirement to the agent to just tk of washin, cooking n day time seein babies, she recommend me a indonesian chinese cl. Hav any one use b4? Do they know how to cook chinese confinement food?

Come to second week, my gals also everyday hav 1-2 hours cranky there n refuse to sleep after check diapers, drink milk, bath etc till they are tired then fall asleep for at least next 3-4 hours. Sometimes they just wan ppl hug hug n carry them awhile only cox they mayb miss the mummy's womb too much.

BM - i also c-sec n milk only start when i back fr hosp on 4th day. My the resigned cl nevertheless left me a good knowledge on this. My milk drops every hours n need to wear the milk collector for 24 hrs. For engorgement, my aunty say leave it there will cause fever. So better bump out. Her tricks is - drink super hot milo/red dates water/ soup before bump to warm up body. Massage ur breast by placing palm with nipples in middle n use the rest finger to massage the surrounding esp the harden area. A bit pain when massage but effective for me. Then start bump/latch. My 7th days onwards no more engorgement for me. Then one time can bump abt 100ml which i think quite satisfied result :p. Btw, i seldom latch cox my nipples r too big for my gals small mouth. So i mainly bump. Think only find lc after confinement so long ebm no prob.

CL,

is indonesian chinese CL cheaper... I heard from my indonesian chinese colleague that in indonesia, they do good confinement too...

how about night feed??

hi all,

sunflower,

ya....pray to the bedside....simple dishes (2items at most) juz a bowl of rice n 1veg n egg....that's to feed the bed deity....let her eat 'bao bao' asking her to help u look after bb but cannot b too much if not she oni eats no bother bb....that's wad old ppl do

QQ,

i went polyclinic they oso say bb less then 1mth max oni 80ml....even if it's EBM

so who shd we believe? how to do the feeding?

huffpuff,

hahaha.. i think this is what they call mummy's instinct.. sure will jerk up once our baby make noise..

ann,

if it's in e middle of the night, how to let them keep crying? think the whole estate can hear the crying liao leh.. ;p

Qq: my hubby nd to work leh! Dun wan bother him.. Tonight I shall set 2 alarm! To make sure I wake up!

Ann: she say she will cook for me my lunch in the morning. She like v eager to go Hm leh, everyday count down

!!!

Suika: we need hav joss stick , if my hse hav deity can I pray?

winnie, wat time u wanna wake up? i sms u la when i wk up for pump. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] haha!!

u try your best. hardworking a bit during first 3 month, then after that ok liao.

suika. out of the 3 concepts, we just adopt one that suits our kids, then stay happie can liao. the p0olyconcept dun work on my ah boy.

i cannot tahan his crying, just FEED. haha

Eeyore: I delivered my gal on August 8 via emergency c-sect. Bb weighs 3155grams.. birth story is hiahz.. so much ordeal..

Ann: I also dunno is it me or is it my CL.. all i know is next round (siao eh.. as if i still wanna go thru c-sect pain again but i know somehow i would) Im asking my mil to do it for me and engage a maid to do the chores... i rather be with familiar ppl then a stranger.. my

winnie,

my hse oso no bai bai 1....u juz plc a bowl w rice n some veg n 1 egg on top then incense to bai bai juz ask 'chen(3) bu(1) (in hokkien) to have a meal n ask her to help u take care of bb then put the incense in the bowl....leave it there then later the mummy will hv to finish up the food (u can add more dishes to eat)

QQ,

mi now if bb wakes up too early for feed i juz let her to suckle till she enuff then later 3hrs liao then feed 80ml....

i feel the doc from my side v stupid.... BM already full of water she can tell mi if after feed bb not enuff give water....*FAINT* n worst of all if FM oso top up w water....when i told her i'm oni giving 1scoop which is for 60ml...i oni add more water coz bb not enuff (so wad's the diff w mi feeding 100ml (60ml FM n 40ml water?) where she recommended 80ml FM n top up w water if not enuff....really dun understand her logic

congrats Nature Lover!!! n all that hv pop.....

Winnie,

I think suika just posted how to pray hehe..

U must wake up k!! jiayou! Usually my baby cry for milk, he is my alarm clock..

Eeyore,

I also duno leh..thats wat the LC told me..cannot skip too long..better don’t skip ..

Suika,

My mum also say once I pray to the bed, I must do it frequently..is it true?

Bm in room temperature ... Think 4hrs?

Anyone can advice, am doing total pumping , feeding bb 70-80ml bm per feed , thinking of toppin with formula if he still wants more. But he reject formula milk! Hw ar? Am using Pisa , I pump 5-10mins can get 150ml , even if I pump longer like 30mins , it's still 150ml. So shld I stop at 10min or pump longer? Since the amount is still the same. Bb reject formula if my milk supply stop hw? Am pumpin every 3-4hrs

♥Mamyvelle♥,

4hours? okok..

the instant FM which i got from the hospital is only 60ml, tot of toppping up another 20ml of BM to feed my boy.. hmm.. can like that add BM with FM?

sunflower,

must keep praying meh? i duno wor....oni did once for #1 till now.....more then 1yr ago issue liao ley

mamyvelle,

WAH!! ur ss good ley...5-10mins can pump so much

Back