(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

Hi gals, really hope I can join in to the chat now but I have nothing related to say leh. Still a waiting game for me.

my method of preventing it leak while latch.. pressing hard on the dripping nipple for a few seconds.. this works for me that it stops.. but every letdown, it starts to drip again.. so repeat the same thing lor..

n_g, the strawberry milk has to throw away leh.. bb cant drink that.. must be very painful.. apply some nipple cream if possible..

alibaba,

me also latch n pump.. but my boy's timing very zhun one, so usually i will latch him on more.. during day, i will pump out n keep in the freezer, but one of the day feed, i will bottle feed him with EBM which i keep in room temp, so when he wakes up, can feed him straight. at night, the last feed usually is bottle feed with FM but dont know it doesnt seem to last him longer, so he will still wakes up on e dot for BM.. now my fridge is full of my EBM.. dont know how to settle it too...

Mvh,

definitely got to throw away strawberry milk. I dun wan my girl become vampire. =p

Ann,

it's damn painful. I apply nursing cream n use low suction power to pump out my BM slowly, so won't b tat pain. N everytime when going to pump must really gu qi Yong qi. Even try b4 drag until cannot drag liao then go.

jascmy: U read thru our posts for information first lor.. Then when your turn comes, u will be more prepared and know what to do.....

susan: same here! I tried giving FM to my boy for last feed at night @ 12am but he still zhun zhun wake up @ 3am. I also thought FM should last him longer but dunno why not the case for my boy..

n_g: Yeah, I know how u feel... my blisters also damn painful. Confirm cannot wear bra at home.. lagi more painful cos bra keep rubbing against it. You can try putting your own EBM on the nipple and air-dry for a while. Think our BM should be more effective in healing than the nursing cream bah....

hi, can someone advise me?

my CL is giving my 2 weeks old baby 100ml of formula milk every 3-4 hours interval.

Pls advise if this is too much? Is she overfeeding baby?

thanks!

Jolenevoo: If its FM, then it might be a little too much? cos i read before somewhere in web that breastmilk is more diluted and hence shd be less lasting.. and hence more feeds cos baby easily hungry due to the easier digestion,,, whereas for FM , it is different.. it shd last longer and hence not that much needed??

My baby now also abt 2 weeks... he is having total breastmilk and he also drink like 100ml per 3-4hrs..

u maybe check with ur PD.. cos some CL like to overfeed babies ... so the babies can sleep after drinking and they gt less work..

Winnie,

you are right.

I managed to pump at 11.30am and 2.00pm. I began to see some milk on my inverted nipple. As for my the other one, I need to pump expressively as i think my girl did not latch well on it. Thanks to you all for your advices.

Jascmy,

you can read all the posts about breastfeeding. This can help you to be prepared after delivery. It really help for me although I delivered last friday.

Thanks everyone. Just come out from parentcraft class, so sleepy.

So stress with work, later have to go back office to do some work even i on leave.

wanna ask for those frozen EBM, how long can we keep the EBM after de-frozing it? if just put in the chiller, can keep how long?

MVH, bakaholic, ok, i will try to let my boy to consume those EBM in freezer within 3 mth, thanks for the info [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

n_g, my massage lady not bad, thought i found that she is quite young (same age as me only):p, her name is Mdm Suria (Mdm Ida's cousin) whose recomended by Mdm ida cos she was not available last time. Her massage is quite good & her cloth bindling seems effective too, my waist line lost 1 inch since yesterday binding, hehe... hope can redue more after finsih all sessions :p

sunflower, ur bb put on 1 kgs in a weeks really fast le... my ah boy put on 1 kgs after 3 weeks only :p

alibaba, my bb also also making the yyiiiaaaaa sound... my CL said he likes singing, at night also the same thing, he makes the sound but still sleep soundly... this sound will be more obvious when my CL burp him... but very cute lee....

re: Breast pump & spare part

I was using Avent single electric pump for the bb 1st week... then 1 of my friend passed down her medela mini electric pump to me(single pump too). I have purchase 2 new avent let down massage cushion before (S$10 each) & found that actually it can be fix to the medela pump eventhought there are 2 difference brands!! After that, I am using 2 pumps together for pumping... haha! so now i can finsih pumping at ard 10 mins time for both side.... guess i am the only 1 here using 2 difference pumps at the same time gua... haha!!

Hi all,

Sorry not time to lock in cox i had encountered terrible confinement lady experience and she resigned in 1 day time... i had been coping with my twin gals since discharged till now with help from my mil (who at first only intends come visit us and the babies only) and hubby (who only take leave 1 week last week).

I feel bad that mil had been to tired to help me with the 2 babies.

Hi all,

Sorry not time to lock in cox i had encountered terrible confinement lady experience and she resigned in 1 day time... i had been coping with my twin gals since discharged till now with help from my mil (who at first only intends come visit us and the babies only) and hubby (who only take leave 1 week last week).

I feel bad that mil had been to tired to help me with the 2 babies.

Hello all

Just came back from pd appointment and first attempt to bathe baby.. It's my hb heartbeat fast cuz he too stressed [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] he is fat and im worried about his health.. My baby's umbilical cord has pus coming out is it normal? The diaper seemed to rub against e cord so hb ran downstairs to buy bigger diapers when we discovered the pus, he is super kan cheong[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] baby also have not poo for one day is it normal? As suggested by pd she asked us to give him glucose water didnt even tell us before or after milk. Any advice from here? Am not returning back to visit pd already.. Those who have not popped rest as much as u can Okie..

CL, u not getting another CL?? Can try the agent whether they able to get one for u now.

Coping with 2 babies are not easy and u need the rest too cos u r in confinement now. Jia you.

penguin_88, I'm trying to. But Bb naughty leh. After 4 days of rest at home, I'm full of energy. So I tot yesterday (Mon) I will have full energy to work. But in the end I got BH on Sun nite for 1hr, can't sleep and after that can't sleep well. So yesterday till now very tired. Now eyes dry, tired and pain pain.

Not sure when will Bb come out. Sian. Hope can rest well tonite with no BH.

in about 13hrs time, i'm going to admit mount alvernia.

scare scare ah, even though this is 3rd baby liao.

>.<

penguin,

Pus coming out of the cord means there is an infection. Did you use the alcohol wipes to clean the cord? Need to clean the cord and area around it about 3 times a day. If you don't want the diaper to rub against the cord, u can buy Mamy Poko Newborn diapers. It has a special cutting that does not cover the cord.

How old is your baby? He's on formula milk right? He should be poo-ing every day at least once. Any reason why the PD say must give glucose water?

Penguin: u can try folding down the diaper, this is wat I did for my gal before her cord drop off. Got pus meaning infection liao.

Newborn bb shld poo everyday!

mummy who doing full month. which caterer ur engage? i am sourcing one for mine...

penguin,

i tink u really need experience ppl to help u on ur baby leh.. tot i heard u mentioned that u are moving back to ur mum's place?? ur bb's cord got pus? ya it's infection.. must clean it few times a day with alcohol wipe or alternative use plain water & cotton wool. mus squeese the wool to dry to clean the cord area...

my bb cord 2week liao. still haven drop lor.. haiz.. at 1st my maid go use clear water to clean.. nv dry it properly... kns..

CL

it's really not easy to take care for 2 newborns. so now no more CL to help u out ah?

Xpink_xuanx_1987,

jiayiu! Hav a smooth delivery.

Duckling,

how long is your massage every time? Wat is the charges? Can PM me your massage lady contact? Thanks.

Penguin,

must keep your baby cord dry leh. Use cord spirit to clean the area every day twice after bath n wipe.

Cl,

it's very xiong to take k of 2 baby at same time. Your cl no gd? Y so irresponsible resign within 1 day? Mayb u should look for another cl?

n_g,

in the beginning I also like that..quite sore due to the power suction of the pump..i applied BM to air dry after each pump, and I don’t wear bra ..hehe..

jolenevoo,

my baby also 2weeks plus..mine drinking 100ml BM every 2hrs leh..sometimes if poo or pee too much, 1.5hr must feed liao..for FM at nite feed, he is taking 80ml plus 20ml BM..can last him 2.5-3hrs..my boy is a big eater, I think so long as ur baby don’t puke after each feed, shld be doing fine..

ann,

I tot newborn must poo 6-8 times a day then consider they are fed on the right amt of milk ?

thanks for the advice! the PIS spare parts will cost me at least ~$40, including the tubing and the connecting unit itself. so far while i am home, the Avent pump serves me well but it takes me abt 30min to finish pumping both sides. i think i will wait for mybreastpump.com spree, the prices seem a lot cheaper since i will prob only need it when i go back to work.

alibaba,

last time i used neogarden. i think they are highly recommended in the forums. pricing, taste and portions are ok, but i found the food a bit oily.

Penguin,

the nurse told me can also use boiled water (keep it till lukewarm), then use cotton wool to clean..

alibaba,

im ordering from Mum's Kitchen..heard Neo Garden is also good.

Alibaba,

I will be ordering from Meihao99. I ordered from them last xmas and my guests liked their food. Portions are huge.

xpink,

All the best!

CL,

Maybe you want to get another CL/family to help you. It's very tough to handle 2 bbs alone. Did someone mention her CL is great and is available in Sept? You can consider that.

Ducking: u hav ur c section aft massage still pain? Till now I hav not massage leh, scare pain..

I order frm Neo GArden..

Sunflower: kkh teach us use pain water with cotton ball to clean their cord can liao. Ur boi really big eater, nite time my gal took 70ml of FM n can last her 3 hours leh..

I will be ordering from KCK food. The price very reasonable and they provide full mth package which my hubby wants.

Not sure whether the food is nice.

bakaholic,

i heard of good comments for Meihao99 too.. so for 50pax, how many heads must i order since u say the portions are huge? i wana compare hehe..

winnie,

yalor.. day time BM cant last him too..sometimes 1.5hr cry like mad for milk..

Sunflower,

That time i order for 15 pax but in the end, think enough for 20 pax cos everyone has to tabao some food back. But you have to check with them cos I dunno how is the portion now and it's better to have leftover than insufficient.

Penguin,

My antenatal class trainer says to use alcohol swap to clean the cord, 3x/day. But since it's infected now, it;s better to see doc. You have to keep it dry at all times.

hi mummies. My bb girl just discharged today.

I have something to ask regarding BF. Here is the scenario.

Latch bb's to right breast. after 15 mins, i tried to latch on her left breast. she refused and cried. after we calm her down, she look at us with her mouth open (the mouth is not moving). Does it mean that she is full?

after that, i still can pump some milk on my right side. worried tt bb is not having enough milk...

Sunflower, poo 6-8 times a day is for baby on breastmilk. Formula-fed babies won't poo so many times a day.. but must be at least once a day.

hi all,

i oso wanna ask..

wil we overfeed our babies?

my bb now is 7 days old..

hw much shld i feed?

i tried to latch..she owas fall alseep when latching for ard 5mins..then make her sleep..she will cry n open mouth n find food..

so i will used my EBM to feed her..owas give her ard 60ml or more..

is tat overfeeding??

pls advise

thx

Wow sia.. I dunno what happened to my gal today.. Whine n cry for hours from 3pm-7pm.. Poos, uncomfortable, change diapers, cry for milk, cycle repeat 2times.. Then want me to carry her then fall asleep.. Put down on bed, then whine again.. Finally can sleep at 7pm..

Susan, u should defroze in e fridge n can be kept up to 24hrs once take out from freezer.. For fresh ones, can keep in fridge for 1-2days but normally I only keep for 24hours coz we keep opening n closing e fridge to take things..

Starz,

i have the same situation as you. I can latch my girl with my right breast for 15mins. After that, i latch her on my left although its inverted, my girl will push away and cried. Initially i thought she is full but i realised she was not. My BM had not kick in. In the end i gave up latching and gave her FM till my BM kick in.

Re: catering

I am ordering four seasons as the food was very nice when i used for my wedding.

Re: Feeding

Currently I am feeding my girl with 60ml of FM. Sometimes she drink 20ml. Is it normal? Only just now, she managed to drink up to 50ml. I see her poo quite frequently before her feeding time. I am glad her poo colour had changed due to drinking FM. If give BM, what is the colour of the poo?

Thanks all

am thinking to move back this Saturday but my room at my house has no air con.. All other 3 rooms that has air con are occupied.. At a lost of what to do.. Think im such a failure leh[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] hb so stressed and tired out..

Thanks all

am thinking to move back this Saturday but my room at my house has no air con.. All other 3 rooms that has air con are occupied.. At a lost of what to do.. Think im such a failure leh[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] hb so stressed and tired out..

Hi All,

Congrats to AhNah.. and anyone I miss out who popped.. Those haven't popped.. Soon! Soon! Hang in there! :D

I discharge from hospital today with baby Greg, now after BF him then got time to sit down and post... anyway i copy and paste from my blog entry coz too lazy to retype...

Aug 15 2010

5.14am - Woke up with really bad stomach pain, and thought I'm going to have diarrhea. nevertheless, I timed myself and realized they are coming around 8 - 10 mins apart, but they are not getting consistently painful. After the 5th pain, I decided it was another false alarm and plonk back to zzzz.

6.00am - Woke up to pee not too long after the last pain. Saw blood. Went back to bed, woke up the HB and told him I'm bleeding. Called woody and was told to meet him at TMC.

6.10am - Arrived at TMC. 0 contractions. No pain, just pelvic heaviness. Kept telling Greg to hang in there, we are going to see each other soon.

7am - At observation ward. Nurse asked me to change into hospital gown, was so rattled I changed and left all my clothes in the toilet, and forgetting to pee for the nurse in the process.

7-8am - Nurse administered anema. Had the fastest diahorrea happened to me in my whole life history to date. Finally rem to pee for nurse. Back to bed and I remember experiencing 1st stage labour contractions and being 1 cm dilated. I keep imagining the vaginal examination to be awful from accounts I have read, but realized that so long as I am relaxed, it is actually bearable. Ok maybe I have a higher threshold for pain. Woody reached, I thought he is pulling another VE on me, but turns out he broke my waterbag. I look at him more in shock then in pain. "you broke my waterbag", I repeat like some dimwit. Woody calmly confirmed the accusation and took himself off. Maybe the guilt was too much for him to bear. Another nurse administered oxycodine (at least thats what I think it is) to speed up labour. Sadists, all of them nurses in the labour ward >(. Needle in my hand bothered me more then the contractions.

HB was at my side, holding my hand. I squeezed his like a lifeline. Contractions becoming more painful. Probably going to 2-3 cm dilation. Fellow pregnant mum at the bed diagonal mine started moaning in pain. Felt like asking her to shut up, you think only you pain, I also pain ok, but am polite even when trying to see if I can crack all the bones in my HB's hand from tolerating the pain.

8 - 8.30am - Pain still bearable. Probably beginning stage of 2nd stage labor. Feel like someone stuck half a dozen knives up my vjj. Forced myself to relax. Made the decision i wont be heroine, because the pain won't be getting less but getting more. By then my HB will probably have to amputate his hand, or worse, his arm. We can't have that. He still have another 50 years of being my slave to go.

I asked for epidural.

8.30am - 9am Dr Epidural reached, I was tense because suay suay he chose to poke the needle in me when I'm in the middle of another contraction. But compared to contraction this pain is NOTHING. i can take this pain like 10 times a day.

9am - 2pm - Violent shivering from epidural. Battled down occasional urge to puke. Have eaten nothing so I guess it was stomach acid trying to force its way up. Anyway managed to hold puke down. Otherwise very boring waiting with HB in delivery room. Epidural was given to me at high dosage initially. Nearly fainted. Nurse have to lower. Can feel contractions after that, but not painful, just uncomfortable. At some point nearing 3rd stage labour I can feel quite a lot of pain even with epidural. This one really feel like someone splitting my below apart with an ax, or stuck a dozen knives in me and left them there. I asked to increase epidural dosage. Nurse do VE check at some point, already 7cm dilated.

2pm +++ - Another VE check, 9.5cm dilated, I thought can push liao nurse ask me to wait.. I thought KNS, 0.5cm only alot of difference meh.... anyway.. very soon, 10 cm dilated, Woody show up in t-shirt and bermudas, put on scrubs, and ask me push.

2.26pm - Nurse push me on left, HB on right, me feel nothing but just try my best to push loh, 3 pushes, Greg was out, I was relived and tired, no strenght to talk cause really push like I never push before. Almost fell off bed pushing baby out. Then finally they put Greg on my chest, I rem HB very happy, got take pictures. Turns out Woody use vaccum to assist in getting Greg out, so his head slightly elongated. Looks very much like my HB. :D

ahNah,

congrats to you and wife [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

madam yip,

congrats too!

pd0513,

you can keep BM in freezer for up to 6 mths.

cl,

how abt hiring another CL? it is impt to get rest during tis period esp u hv twins.

jascmy,

it is a matter of days before you deliver, when you see your baby's face, everything will be worth it, cheer up [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

penguin,

my pd gave us some powder to dry up the umbilical cord area.

alibaba (a_n_a),

i aso sourcing for caterer. previoudly used Good Luck Kitchen,their food is quite good but i used them for my son's full mth and 1st birthday: braised pork with bun, curry pork ribs, and yam paste.

http://www.goodluckkitchen.com.sg/menu.html

xpink_xuanx,

jia you! all the best!

Starz (angelz4),

u can test if baby is hungry by touching the side of her mouth, if she wans to suckle, that means stl hungry.

MVH,

could it be she is uncomfortable coz a lot of wind? try to burp between feeds if necessary. i aso got used colic drops called Ridwind for my son, i shld get a bottle to standby for my girl too.

penguin,

smtm things juz happen at same time; it is not within ur ctrl. if no aircon in the room, perhaps get a fan but dun blow directly at you. try not to think too much over every issue; it is not healthy for u and baby. take care!

re: massage lady,

can anyone recommend your massage lady to me? gynae says after my check-up on c-sec wound on thu, can start having massage sessions [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4381656.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4381657.jpg]

Hi, just for your consideration.

thermoguard thermometer

- 32 measurement memory

- with backlit (able to see in the dark)

- Most preferred by Singapore Health / Environment Authorities

- preset alarm

price $115 discount for SMH, usual $180

warranty 2 years (1 to 1 exhange)

can visit http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4333228.html?1282038025 or PM me.

mvh,

my boy was like too early this morning from 4plus to 8plus, then finall sleep..

i see, okok..will try to use up those i freeze earlier one first..

dreymin,

oh..ok.. thanks. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi all,

ya. it's really miseable for no cl with 2 babies. it was both my hb n cl conflict. hubby super hygiene n neat n comment on cl then the cl too ego cant take it. then first nite i found out she cook my bath water overnite with a mild gas on. so scary, if anything blow of the gas then my whole family in danger. first nite she make 60mls milk for my bb who is 4 days old!! then she cannot accept sleeping in room with me n bb n her ( cox we only hv 1 room got air cond). etc.... even now my hb lower his requirement on cleanliness... i also phobia of the bad things my cl done. wonder is it all cl do it tat way to get easy life??

thanks cheekrene & dreymin. in the end, i decided to breastfeed right breast and pump left breast for now. Will consult with the lactation nurse when i go TMC this Fri.

Madam Yip. congrats to u... =)

Back