(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

angel,

my siblings and I are all taller than our parents... my youngest bro is at 1.88m. we got our height from our grandfather who is really tall... so it actually depends on the genes. certain characteristics will skip generation one...

whitelady,

oh they'll do testing huh? felt more relieved to hear that. i was worried that i havent felt the numbness & they went ahead to cut me up liao. *faintz* still sound very scary though. think i'll close my eyes until bb comes out then close my eyes during the stitching again. lol.

suika,

yeah, if both parents tall, then naturally the bb will take after the genes lah but what if one parent short then the other tall leh?? like me & my hb's case? i'll prefer the bb to take our heights in btwn & not take after my short height lor.

starz,

wah 1.88m is really tall!!

when we went for our honeymoon in europe last sept-oct, i alr noticed my hb taller than some of those angmohs liao. lol.

angel,

dun worry the testing is to make sure the med is working then they'll start the delivery

i hope my boy take my family's height n built coz my family is of the taller side whereas my hb side is normal height n of the more fleshy side....heehee

peeyore,

i tink some Singaporean are jus peiseh to ask or jus dun care. i even encounter i push pram and no one hold the door for me at SC. I've to push door with one hand and use another hand to push the pram.

angel,

Accident is diff, cos some pp patang dun wan to go near. But to call police is the least pp can do. Sighz...

jascmy,

u use "slicing up" for c-sect, a bit scary le. Hee...

Angel,

yah, he's the youngest and the tallest... i'm the oldest and the shortest... blah! when i go out with my brothers, they are like my bodyguards... lol~

purelyz, I'm using that term from what Angel say in her post. hahaa...

Angel, u no need to close eyes lah, you already can't see without glasses. You are not allow to wear anything (jewellery, glasses, false teeths, etc etc....)into the operating theater.

One thing to share, I heard from FM93.3 a few weeks ago that one preggie woman in her 8th mth of pregnency, find out that she can't removed her ring cos she put on a lot of weight. She was so worried till blood pressure shot up high. Hubby have to call SCDF to come and used a super sharp scissors to cut the ring. I'm so scard after hearing that and I stop wearing my ring liao. Cos mine also become very tied due to the weight I have put on and have to force or wash my hands to get it out.

starz,

girls normal height is good enough....if not like me, my hb not very tall oni avg height n i'm oni shorter by him a little now i can't buy those high high heels

suika,

my hubby also taller than me by 2cm, so i dun feel comfortable wearing high heels when go out with him.

jascmy,

i also remove my ring during 7-8 mths, cos get tight le... water retention mah...

ring,

i havent wore my ring since i was 6 mths preggy with my first.. that's 2 yrs ago.. haha.. i gained so much weight my fingers are still fat now!

i can't fit in my old ring since 1st preg then bought a cheapo 1 when i was 7-8mths last time till now i seldom wears it

oh..that mean when i feel my ring is tight i need to remove liao..

sian y the time pass so slow.. i wan to go home..still got 1 1/2 hour to go...

My ring becomes very tight since I'm 10 weeks pregnant. But I only removed last week after hearing the FM93.3 story.

wat i did for my #1 is to remove and put back my ring everyday.. i wear throughout my whole pregnancy.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

purelyz,

if u say cant go near an accident cos pantang, i can still comprehend. but there were many ppl crowding ard her, i think i'm either 13 or 14yrs old then & i rem i was wondering how come no adults helped the poor little girl at all?! i even asked my teacher that but he just said help is on the way!!

re. wedding bands,

i stopped wearing right before we went for our honeymoon cos we felt its safer to keep them at home. then after the trip until now, too lazy to wear it back. lol.

saffy,

i think wearing the ring on a chain around ur neck is sweet. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wow, I couldn't catch up with the thread running so fast...

Jascmy,

No, I dunno the gender of the set yet, have to wait for my detail scan on 30 Mar. But I'll be sure to let u gals know...

Starz, I think I just found someone here also expecting twins[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Purelyz,

Thanks! How was your No. 1 now?

P_Eeyore and Suika,

thanks, I prefer not to go thru agency, but will use it as a last resort.

Alibaba,

I think my hubby's grandma's sister's daughter gave birth to twins. That's the only one, cos it doesn't run in my family.

Snowy55 and Saffy, thanks!

Marisa,

Congrats! Thanks for the warning, I wd love it if they arrive earlier in July then we'll share the same birth month. Also, if CL charge double, can I just find 2 CLs and pay them each, single baby rate....heez. What about u, do u know the gender of your twins?

Ducklingeshop,

No lugi for me cos I'm a housewife so the maternity leave makes no difference. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Not sure abt bb bonus....

Angel,

Thanks, I really intend to close factory after this set, I'll be 35 when I give birth to them!

Also, thanks to those who discuss about bb bonus for twins... I'm clueless!

Winnie, last time I also removed the ring everyday when I reach home and put on in the morning before I leave the house. Then one day, I found it hard to push it into my finger. Its so tight that I have to force to push it in. Then it will get stuck and need to force or wash my hands to get it out. So I decided not to wear in case one day I force in and end of the day can take out at all. Then I will become the FM93.3 preggie woman no. 2 who have to call SCDF.

I'm 14+weeks liao. U?

my wedding band also getting tighter... think gonna stop wearing in another few weeks... i remove my ring daily too...

suika,

my height also very close with my hubby... a few cms only... also cannot wear heels... hehe~

Re Detailed Scan

I'm having mine on 17 Apr (into my 21++weeks). I find it a bit late wor...

Jascmy: shld be ard 17 weeks+ abit lost count liao.. whahaha...

detailed scan mine is 17 March shld be 20weeks..hav to check with gynae..

winnie, you should be 20 weeks by 17 march. My detailed scan on 13 April and I have counted that on that day I will be 20+weeks.

winnie> that should be your 20 weeks. mine is on 10 April, also on the day I will be 20wk+

i'm also looking forward to DS....can't wait to know the gender of bb....heehee

my tummy still very flat now....all ur tummy starting to show liao? seems like my tummy is smaller then my previous preg wor.....i've not been eating much i so worried bb not growing big enuff

Scent, it's not exactly double. Still a few hundred dollars cheaper than engaging 2 CLs. But i'm going to start hunting for a domestic helper too. I think it's quite impossible for me to take care of 2 on my own! Esp, first time mum.

Don't know the gender yet. Gynae's scan can't tell. Will have to wait till detailed scan.

Scent & Suika, if I'm not wrong. Mine is the 10 am slot.

Am going for my gynae appt tmr evening , need to do the triple test !! eeeee .... and also hope to see gender tomorrow ... haha

and my detail scan is on april fool day !

scent,

my boy is getting better. No fever le. Jus dun wan to eat but drink milk ok. Sighz...

Seems like everyone is going detailed scan at 20wks... I really hope mine on this fri is not too early. 17/18 wks le...

Emotional again:

My MIL come over to my hm to cook lunch for my boy, then she say my kitchen very messy and dirty. She then spend the afternoon cleaning the kitchen and mopping my whole hm. So peiseh... But so happy she will willing to help, cos my mum dun do that...

Then at night when i talk to my hubby abt this, i start crying and feel useless, not taking care of my boy and the house. Still feel that way now... Can't imagine life with 2 kids...

But i jus feel i'm not "housewife" material, cos i dun cook. I still prefer working... Maybe i should consider getting a maid?!

purely

is not only u.. i'm worst .. i cried during a family dinner out on sunday.. thanks to my insensitive hb..i tried to control myself.. but i guess my maid & mil saw... Just because of my hb didnt sit beside me for the dinner. & i have to gao tim my son myself... entertain him. feed him... even sil offer to exchange seats with him. he purposely said dont want.. i got soo fed up. & i am still emotional til today.duno how to cope when no.2 come... =(

advice needed! I am 34 and just had results for my Oscar test. was told it's a high risk showing 1 : 241 chances of DS. Don't think i want to go for amnio cos of risk of m/c. Plus dun think it will help anything since i am anti-abortion. But now the axiety and worrying everyday is killing me. any one with similar situation out there? any advice out there?

hi bowie

sorry to hear about this. u must be worried sick. i did read somewhere in forum about OSCAR's accuracy.. a few got high risk result but after amnio , the result are negative.. However, if u're one anti abortion, den u gotta keep positive mind for the next few mths til ur delivery.. & During the Detail scan, the sonorgrapher will help to look out for adnormalities as well..

marisa

my gynea scan oso says bb still small can't tell yet

bowie

wad i noe is amnio has a certain risk but the risk is actually quite low....if u worry too much it's not gonna b good to ur bb oso.....hv u spoken to ur gynea n see what are the options for u?

bowie,

i'm sorry to hear that. i just turned 34 last mth too. prior to taking the oscar's, i've been reading up alot on all oscar's related threads.

what i realised is that of those who did go for the amnio test, almost all got back negative results for DS.

u need to bear in mind that even a reading as bad as 1:5, this still means that u have a 4:5 chance that bb does not have DS.

in addition, if u r really agst abortion & will have this bb no matter what, then u shd just keep calm & be positive.

otherwise, this may affect ur bb too. you can do little prayers on ur own, hope for the best but at the same time, prepare for the worst.

i sincerely hope everything will turn out well for u. keep the faith going & take care!

hi bowie,

Did the sonographer recommend u to have a detailed check as like to check on bb heartbeat? Heartbeat can tell abonormality too.

U take care.

alibaba,

my hubby also like that, during lunch/dinner with family or frens, he also eat his own and seldom put food on my plate. I got to feed #1 and got no time to eat. When i wan to start eating other pp have finish eating. So after that, i'll still be hungry. I will ask him, how can he be so inconsiderate for his preg wife?!

One of his frens got maid, can let maid feed #1, then she can eat. Even like that, the hubby also keep putting food on her plate and ask her to eat. So sweet...

bowie, I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe you can go to another gynea and do the test again to double confirm. No need do amnio test. Sometimes it might not be accurate by jus looking at one result. Jus keep a positive mine. Dont think too much.

bowie,

i got frens (33yr old) also get high risk for her oscar test but she carry high hopes that her bb is ok and she dun wish to go for abortion. She worry for the following mths and gd news is her bb girl is born healthy.

Stay positive!

purelyz

precisely in the end i ate v little & while eating, i was thinking what will happen when #2 come along. izzit dun need to eat at all?

so ur hb got improve himself?

alibaba,

He say he is not used to put food on other pp plate, cos he dun like it this way, food all very messy. He like to take his own food. So i told him, now diff, not i dunno to take or lazy to take and wan pp serve. It's #1 that take up all my time.

I fed up and say, even i dun eat, #2 also nd to eat mah. When i eat with my in-laws, my sil will put food on my plate. Then mil or fil also will do so. i agree that sometime the food is in a mess and in the end, i force myself to eat (cos hungry, but at least got food to eat).

Hopefully, when #2 comes, #1 can feed himself well. Now he feed himself till very messy.

Bowie,

I got friend (35 yr old) also very high risk for oscar test.. she cried when gynae told her the result... in the end she went for amino test and result was ok ... she gave birth to a baby boy and is healthy also...

Back