(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

I went window shopping for bb stuff over the weekend... so many things, see until i blur... haha~

snowy55,

I have shortlisted my stroller. Will either be getting Combi Urban Walker ($359) or MiracleTurn ($629). It's for newborn - 3 years old. =)

http://www.taising.com/combistroller.html

Now just waiting for sale... hehe~

Re BB Bed,

Anyone knows where to get cheap bb beds? The ones I saw where at least $350...

purelyz,

pls take care ... my boy school also got pple have HFMD in the morning session , now my boy got abit block nose , i also no let him go school , cos i scare if he kenna , then me pregnant also jia liat ... so u pls take care ... hopw ur #1 recover soon ....

snowy & starz,

That time when I bought bb things, I usu shop warehouse, the one I particularly like is lucky bb wh... the prices are cheaper and sometimes negotiable...

Personally, I don't like combi, from comments, although they are light but very flimsy...

Starz,

if your price is such high range, I rather u take peg prego, quinny or maclaren, more worth it... take note, bb should use prams... when their neck is more stable then can change to strollers... prams are those that so call can lie down completely but not for strollers... so must check with the assistance.

bb bed: depends on whether u getting cots or playpen, both have different function too...

lucky bb warehouse

<http://www.taime.com/taime/index.php?act=viewcat&catid=12>

can try Baby Hyper store at Kaki Bukit too...

white lady

if ur tummy can take it that shd b ok lah but best still dun take too much....remember the golden rule....everything moderate is the best :)

scent

guessed u go to those CL agency better ba....they shd b able to get u 1 CL who's able to handle twins or mayb experienced in that area

oh no....HFMD coming back again? guessed those w older kids at hm hv to b extra careful

Hi Scenty,

I'm also preggies with twins and officially due in mid Aug!! Bleed at wk 6 and that's when I found out.

Anyway, gynae told us that for twins, likely to be out earlier in mid to end July. So do bear that timing in mind when looking for CL. And the CLs charge double for twins too, like CNY.

peeyore,

my #1 get sick quite easy. I tink becos he suck his thumb, then touch here touch there.

alibaba, snowy55,

thank you. Doc say will take abt 7 days for him to recover.

saffy,

i read up and say adult have stronger immune system, so dun get it easy. But i dunno if preg also same a not.

white lady,

nowadays so many virus in sch. Headache. Luckily my mum can help to look aft him this wk, or else i got to take 1 wk leave le.

suika,

i tink HFMD is coming back due to the hot weather. Usually summer time

p_eeyore,

thanks for the advise. I'm looking for a light pram to bring around cuz no car, so choose combi lor... the weight is about 6kg++ the ones i shortlised for peg prego and maclaren is about 7-8kg... =(

Anyway, I will take a look at lucky bb wh cuz quite near my place... =)

on the average, how many days before the EDD do delivery occur? I trying to find out a rough gauge so that I can consider what type of venues I will be able to book for the full moth celebration.

snowy55> Over the weekend, I saw this offer on stroller, usual price is $1588, now offer $600++. It comes with 1 frame and 2 types of seat. 1 seat is more for infants, which can be detached to use as a car seat. then the other seat is for up to 25kg. I think it is a very good deal. There is also another storller also the same type of combination, 1 frame, 2 seats. but it cost abt $1200 as it is not on offer so you need to pay for the 2 different seats.

starz & peeyore,

thks for ur link & info..

I hv seen quinny, most of their models r rather heavy but their designs r v nice n of cos pricey..I wld prefer something lighter n manageable, least if i'm alone, i can handle. Peeyore, u heard of capella? gd?

bb bed,

i'll be getting hand down by my sil. starz, mayb u shld go to the bb warehse recommended by peeyore. Mayb u can consider playpen with gd mattress too, a no. of my frens gt playpen as they tink its more practical.

dreamz,

My gynae tld me its may happen 2 wks before edd. most cases i heard wil be ard 1 - 2 wks earlier. wow, u so fast planning full mth liao, u gt venue in mind le?

Stroller,

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] tats really gd deal..Where did u see the offer and wat brand is it? Mayb i could search online. Haiz, so sian so many things to buy, got to see see look look and start buyg..

starz,

personally i like capella strollers, cheap and gd. I got 1 (less than $300) that i've been using for 2 years le. Use in SG, go beach use, go shopping use for shopping bags, overseas use for pushing luggages... very multi-purpose!

Light weight is the impt point, cos if u get something that weigh more than 8kg, it'll be a disaster to bring bb out alone. Imagine got to carry 8-9kg stroller + 4-5kg bb + 1kg bb bag... maybe up a few small steps...

If u drive, also need to consider, after u fold up, will it take up a lot of space.

any1 still experiencing MS?? these 2 days i puke till quite bad....till now still so xinku in the ofc

dreamz,

difficult to say EDD. For my #1, i induce 10 days before EDD, cos i dilute 4cm without cramps. I got a frens #1 is induce 1 day after EDD, cos no dilute and no cramp. Even for her #2, it's no dilute but cramps 3 days before EDD. In the end, she induce too. U can gauge maybe 14 days before EDD and 7 days after EDD bah...

I hope #2 is earlier, cos i dun wan to deliver on 1st day of lunar 7th mth (EDD). But full mth cfm lunar 7 mth, maybe restaurant cheaper. Haha...

winnie,

I'm starting to look around and shortlist first. Plan to get everything by Jun/Jul cuz my frens say 3rd tri very tiring and we wun enjoy the shopping much. and you never know when a good sale will come by... hehe~

purelyz,

i saw one capella pram... but it's heavy... at 8kg++ :S which model u using for capella?

what are the things to note when buying pram/stroller?

my colleague told me to look for one the seat can incline almost flat one. This will be more for new-born. and i'm looking for those reversal one...

suika,

my MS better already... have stopped puking...

purelyz,

hmm preg supposedly have weaker immune systems so really must take care lor. my son has typically awful personal hygiene habits, and likes to feed me things after his hands touch god-knows-what.

i have been having boliao dreams that keep me awake at night, now totally zombie in the day.

dreamz,

mine was like purelyz. i was induced 10 days before EDD coz i was already 3cm dilated during a routine check-up.

for prams i bought Aprica (jap brand). it's very lightweight, only about 4-5kg and can open and close with one hand. only thing is some people find is flimsy and wobbly, but that is because of the one-hand mechanism. we never had problems with it, and even use it outdoors, e.g. to parks, to the zoo.

snowy55> no la cos for my case, I don't have my own place now. so if hold at parents' place, I have to split into 2 seperate days which i find very troublesome. also my in-laws place not very big. those come out of lift only got 2 flats and it is the old smaller version 4-rm flat. so i thinking of booking a chalet but must book 3 months in advance to be able to get the space. so need to plan everything in advance else confirm cannot get venue. I thinking of holding it at Aloha chalet in Pasir Ris. it is those terrace kind with 4 rooms, so at least baby got room to sleep in also. if at condo function room, got no room for baby to rest or for feeding.

for the stroller, i cannot remember what brand cos i was busy trying clothes while my hubby & mum enquired abt the stroller. I saw it at Spring Maternity in Vivo.

purelyz> like that will be very hard to book venue. haizz if too early delivery, by the time the venue booked date will be after the full month. if after edd deliver then venue booked date will be earlier than full month date. unless go calculate date and get induce by that date, but also not very good. alamak headache.

I also same as starz, start looking ard first, get a rough gauge of the prices. so is happen got any sales at least I will know if it is worth buying cos u will nv know when got sales.

suika> for me not too bad. only puke once or twice when i eat something that my stomach cannot take. apparently I cannot eat hotdog and those western food chicken chop.

scenty, Congrat! I think twin are cute [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] But a bit rugi too huh? cos no double of maternity leave? LOL? What abt bb bonus? should be double right? :p

purelyz, U must take care!

Re: Stroller

I recomended Maclaren Techno XT. This stroller can be used from infant till toddle... the weight of this stroller is 6.8kgs...

wow, we have 2 mtb carrying twins in our aug forum! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] congrats to scent & marisa! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

having a child is a blessing, especially if u take into consideration the many couples who are still trying & trying... thus having twins is indeed double the blessing. it may be tough to look after 2 kids at once, there are many pros too. if ur plan is to have 2 kids then u can offically close factory liao. in addition, u only need to go thru pregnancy once. so dun worry too much & let nature takes it own course.

purelyz,

i hope ur son will have a speedy recovery soon. in the meantime, do take care. i rem u'll be going for ur FA scan this week or next right? mine is in exactly 2 wks' time.

dreamz,

i read that 1st time mtb are more likely to give birth before their edd. when i browsed thru the previous mths mtb thread (fr dec - mar), i see quite a lot of them generally pop btwn 2-3 wks prior to their edd.

for me, my edd is 1-2 aug. i read that 37wks is considered full-term liao. hence when choosing a c-sect date, i'll consider fr 11-12jul onwards lor.

ducklingeshop,

i believe the bb bonus is given accordingly lah. if u have twins, then u will rec bb bonus for 2 kids ya. i think that is only fair since having twins is more costly.

Hi mummies, there is a fair (selling baby stuff) coming this 19-21 march at Expo.. maybe can go take a look. I remember there is another one at june (bigger version) but might be more difficult for us to go since we are already in the 3rd trimester during june.

I think I ate something wrong on fri and was running to the toilet everytime after mealtimes.. luckily it got better after 2 days. However, last nite, my gal had fever.. this morning still got.. I scare my bb might caught the virus leh.. dunno what to do..

anyway, dreamz, from 37weeks onwards, baby is considered full term so any time can deliver le.. for #1, most ppl said will occur 1-2 weeks before EDD. but still depends on individual. My gal is born at 38+ (close to 39) weeks..

stroller > good to get light weight. coz u might need to take bb out alone? else need someone else to carry for you up and down the stairs or board the cab etc..

mine is consider night sickness ba....i tends to puke at nite now

bb bonus if u having twins, 1 will be consider 1st child n the other considered as 2nd child....will be able to get the bonus accordingly....but as for ML too bad oni given 4mths coz u oni delivered ONCE not twice so leave can oni claim 1 time

sunflower,

huh, really? but like that very unfair since if u r having twins, u pay more. also technically, the mtb will have to give birth 2 times? like one after another?? think the govt shd review in this aspect lor & consider per bb instead. otherwise families with twins or more have extra financial burdens but not receving more fr the govt.

Starz,

The "multipurpose" stroller i've is similar to S217. i got another one, i got from another mummy and similar to S228. But i dun like, cos find it a bit heavier.

For stroller, i will recommend to get 4 wheel drive, sightly bigger wheels (but heavier). Cos S217 have smaller wheels, but lighter. i believe a stroller got to change/upgrade after 2 yrs, so dun nd to buy too exp one. Even now my S217 is almost "dying", i still use it more than S228.

snowy,

I nearly bought capella stroller, more stable than combi but when I see lucky bb, I choose it instead cos it's cheaper... and about the same function.

we don't have to buy so early, can narrow down our selection but then again when later stage, we might not have the energy to travel around to see see look look...

for me weight is not the major concern as long as price, design and functionality is my liking then i take, i like big basket at the bottom too... when my #1 is younger and i'm bringing her out on my own, usu i put her into the pram right outside my doorstep, then go by lift... if outside, like shopping center or MRT station, if there's stairs, i'll just carry the pram with bb inside climb up or down the stairs, cos when they're younger not so heavy still can manage... i can also push her on the escalator, everything is practice makes perfect... once u get used to it, it's just a piece of cake to u...

purelyz,

my pram (lucky bb) and stroller (US brand, zooper) cost less than $200 each... has been using for 3 years plus until now, will still continue using as it's still in good condition... same as u, push to everywhere, shopping ctrs, beach, overseas... my best companion...

saffy,

ya lo. but doc say if preg get, inside bb shd be ok.

dreamz,

u can do full mth celeb before the exact full mth date, but cannot later. It's a trad... cos happy occasion can be celeb early but not later. For my #1, i also celeb a few days before, cos exact date is on wkday.

ducklingeshop,

Thank you.

angel,

Thank you. Ya, my detailed scan is on this fri. Hooray!

daintyaqua> if i confirm go for c-section i will plan for 1st week of august so that will not go into 7th mth. but alot of my frens now asking me to go natural like not much support for c-sect so now i abit pondering.

I confirmed that baby bonus for twins is 2 share cos my sister got twins too. So she have 2 baby accounts now, one for each child. ML still 4mths, no double.

peeyore,

Ya, stroller is my best frens!

An incident to share: i brought my boy to see doc with pram alone. He is now more than 11kg + 6kg pram. I got to carry him climb up the stairs, using my belly to support. I'm so angry that pp see see and didn't offer to help.

Then when i got to the clinic, recepti say i nd to bring his BC to register to get co subsidy. I say i dun've and dun wan to see. So i leave the clinic and carry him down the stairs. When i got down the stairs, i feel like crying. Cos again, pp see see only and no one help me.

So pram can be quite an extra item...

starz,

your colleague is correct, that's why i say pram is suitable for bb as they can lie more flat...

dreamz,

when my #1 got her full month, i held it at my condo function rm, then i push her portable bed cum high chair down for her to rest...

re: EDD

my #1 was delayed for few days... initially schedule for induce but then few hours before induce, i got spotting, and got fast delivery instead...

purelyz,

poor thing... that time my experience still quite ok... when i board the cab with my bb on 1 hand and the other hand was closing the pram... most taxi drivers are willing to help u... and some passerby see u carrying the bb and pram will also offer their help...

i will be going for C section also . so will be early aug also i think . cos c section will be normally done on 38 weeks

Some considerable features for prams:

- can recline almost flat

- with full canopy

- 5 point harness

- Flat fold & self stand

- Swivel wheels

- Big shopping basket

- Removable front bar

- Reversible handle (depends on individual)

- light weight

dreamz,

well, definitely there will be more people urging u to go for natural birth instead of c-sect cos there are alot of pros there. if i wasnt so chicken abt going thru labor birth, i'll have gamely opt for natural too.

for me, opting for c-sect is not so much due to vanity reasons or paranoia of pains but i also weigh it agst health concerns lah. this is only pertaining to myself. due to my age, if going thru natural, i've higher risk of getting urinary incontingency too.

actually, over the weekends, i got go youtube to watch videos of c-section & was frankly quite horrified with what i saw.

i'm also a little paranoid what if i continue to feel the pain of being sliced up even after epidural is being administered??

nevertheless, i try not to dwell too much on the process lah.

p_eeyore,

thanks for the pointers on pram/stroller. very useful! =)

would like to check what is the purpose of the following:

- 5 point harness

- Removable front bar

purelyz,

so sorry to hear what u have encountered. but i think in general, most people are quite self-centered lah. maybe i'm just very cynical lor.

there was this accident that happened many yrs ago when i was still in my teens, i ever witnessed a little girl being hit by a car in front of my sec. sch, when she was trying to cross the road. i was so horrified by what i saw & was in a state of shock. the little girl was coughing blood out of her mouth & there were many passerbys surrounding her & looking on in curiosity but nobody seems to even bother calling an ambulance or police. only 1 lady knelt over her & try to talk to the little girl.

i dont know what happened next becos my teacher happened to see me & quickly led me away fr the scene to my sch.

the litte girl was wearing the uniform fr the pri. sch which is located just next to my sec. sch.

starz,

strollers are more for toddlers, even more light weight, with canopy but not full, about 60% inlcine. It comes with additional rain and sun shade too.

I think my stroller is like this <http://www.taime.com/taime/index.php?act=viewprod&productid=689> similar as maclaren and cheaper...

and my pram is similar like this <http://www.taime.com/taime/index.php?act=viewprod&productid=1180>

-Full Canopy with mesh opening

-Fully reclining back rest

-Removable front bar

-Big shopping basket for daily necessities

-Flat fold & self standing

-5 points safety belt

-Swivel Wheel

but abit heavy for some, for me it's ok cos i walked to the MRT station.

starz,

- 5 point harness is the safety belt, 5 point means shoulder (2 pts), waist (2 pts) another is the belt bet legs.

generally i think currently most prams or strollers comes with 5-pt harness, for safety issues...

- Removable front bar, good when u are changing diaper outside or when they're abit older, the'll tend to climb up the stroller themselves.

For long-term investment, hahaha...

Angel, heard that for c section, you won't feel any pain or see anything (doctor slicing you up). You will only see doctor carrying your bb high up for you to see that your bb is born.

Remembered that my colleague ever told me that when she was in for c section she can't bring her glasses or contact lens in so she can't see what the doctor was carrying but can only hear her bb crying.

Don't worry Angel!

for those looking at pram/strollers now....best to get 5 harness 1 coz my boy actually performed stuns....he started climbing out of his stroller when he's 6mths old like that then i hv to get another 1 that can tie him dwn

jascmy,

thanks! i know when u r being administered with epidural, the lower body are supposed to go numb so u wont feel a thing. but somehow, i'll scare myself like what if the epidural is not being adminstered correctly & i dun feel the effects at all *shudder*

i'm practically blind w/o my glasses. so cannot wear glasses in huh? everything will look like a blur to me lor.

dreamz,

it will be diff to book a specify date then unless u really opt for c-section. Like ur frens, i wld want u to consider gg natural too.

peeyore,

I like to hv big basket at e bottom too..cn put more things. I'll still stick to lightweight, i scare too much to handle..

btw, sorry a silly qn but i was wondering if there is any co-relationship btwn bb's height & parents' height??

does the bb take its height like in btwn parent's height?. i heard that bb's height is in the genes but then i also know of people who grew very tall due to playing sports like basketball even though their parents may not be particularly tall.

for me, my mom is short, a little below 1.5m & my dad is 1.78m, my height is 1.6m so i guess its abt in btwn my parents' height lor. does this also apply to u mtbs??

my hb is 1.83m, same height as my fil & bil. my mil is also taller than me so i guess his is in the genes. it'll be nice if my bb (especially if cfm its a girl) can later grow to abt 1.65-1.7m tall lor. hehe

for epi c section , yes , they will insert the epidural to the spine then after awhile u wont feel ur leg , at first i also scare that i will feel , but they will keep testing , use something to touch ur leg n tummy till u feel nothing . everything happen very fast one , then hubby was ask to come in and sit beside me . then after a while , u will see ur baby and nurse will carry and place the baby on my chest . then after that , hubby n baby went out , ans i felt the most scarely part is the stitching part , as u wont feel pain , but u feel someone pulling u with alot of strength ! haha ...

angel

i think it's in the genes abt the height....if ur parents r tall then chances of u being tall is higher....like me n my bro we took the genes of my dad who's quite tall so my mum now is the shortest in the family

Back