(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

ahNah,

ur boy clever lah.. now at this age, they monkey see monkey do.

my boy loves to go out. Everytime we take the key and open door, he will be damn excited, scream for us to carry him and then will kick very hard and laugh. So every morning, he will want to send us off to work at the lift lobby. Sometimes, he insist i carry him and when the life door opens, he just grabbed tight on my neck. He enjoys taking the lift especially our lifts ceiling got mirror, he will tilt his head and look into the mirror at himself and laugh and laugh.

wow... counting down for our BIG bday bash huh?? yaya, very exciting...

I almost forget that tomorrow party is farmyard theme till i see the above discussion :p haha...

Jasmine, I dun mind if never get the Tiggers cupcake, but can I get duckling instead??? hahah... just kidding la... anything for us will be great[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ahnah, ur boy so sweet... can wave & fly kiss u... my boy will give me crying face if I say bye bye to him... very sticky to me nowaday :p

Anyway, baby S is recovering well... just that the cleaning wound part is still very challenging as he will scream & cry very very loud :S I think my downstairs ppl will be wondering if I m torturing my boy :p

duckling

glad to hear baby S is recovering well.

Last evening, after bath, my boy refused to get dressed and he cried so hard that all his dinner vomitted out. Total throw up 3 times, all his porridge on him, me, maid and floor. Have to shower him again and quickly put on his pull up pants. Really duno what to do with him. Need to bring him to see PD?

duckling,

so poor thing..u bringing him tomorrow? better dont play the activities, can be hurtful leh.. but come and blow the candles , sing bday songs [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

rachel,

when u viewing the photos?

cheese,

then hiring maid? or PT?

duckling,

sure suit ur nick.. hehe..

rach,

he has been vomiting for how many days? if just started yesterday then monitor first..

nope, my MIL will be helping up and see how..

I hope by 18mths he will outcome his problem and go PG leh... so eager to send him to school..

at home he also learn, bird, dog,duck, but dun tink so much cos my MIL only know chinese...

Duckling! Wanna see BB S!Brave boy! hee..

Rachel, if they cry till very bad, will trigger vomit one.. this is what I realise.. really that bad to dress him up? Did he get frighten by something? All along he is like that or recently only??

Rach,

Is he like in pain when you dressed him? Maybe he got some injury? Last time when my boy got diaper rash, he will cry when we change diaper.

My boy knows if we are going out cos when we get dressed and left him alone, he will cry.. even we put him in the playyard in lving room, he will cry too.. so must carry him once we are dressed. Think he scared we leave him behind.

Cheese,

so glad that JL is happy at home. Will you be sending him to the same school or switch school once he reach 18 mths?

Duckling,

You very brave mummy to clean his wound. Last time when my boy umbilical cord was still attached, i must pluck up courage to clean it cos i so scared he will be in pain.. end up never dry properly and it took about 3+wks for it to come off.. And in btw, kept going back to pd cos we tot infection.

Anyone's baby already reject pacifier? mine now rejects, duno is it the pacifier too small for him, or really doesnt want anymore..

bakaholic,

can defer when bb is young meh?

bakaholic, nope my hubby did not defer any of his reservist... last yr his reservist was on nov for 2 weeks... somemore i just started to go back to work...

sunflower, my ger alr wean off pacifier since last month @ 10 mths old...

actually i didn't really wean her off.... she just stop herself....

she only use pacifier when she sleeps, but sometimes she can do without... so pacifier is not a must for her... after a while i just sop giving her lor..

crescent,

ya ya, i didnt wean mine off too..auto reject..give me a face that the pacifier taste awful..push my hand away when i offer him.. i give him when he super slpy..he suckle then throw out..in the middle of the nite, when he toss here and there, i give, the same thing, throw.

think i will stop giving ..

Now only 2 of us to take care of baby so if he goes reservist, i cannot manage working full time and to send/fetch him everyday plus need to bath and feed him when home.

AhNah,

Stay out means got fixed time book in and out? Weekends need to go in?

sunflower, ya, will be bring him for the party tomorrow!! We are very much looking forward for it[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Will not joinning the gym activity... just want to meet up all his lil friends!!

Cheese, ur boy taking care by ur MIL now? So u no longer send him to ICF??

bakaholic, i am not brave at all leh... I very scare of seeing blood oso... the cleaning wound part is quite messy and scary actually, need to open up the wound by finger and ensure the inner part is cleaning well **ouchhhhh**... I can not make it la... my hb is the one who did the cleaning part instead...and I need to 'catch' & 'hug' him tight during the precedure.... sound scary right :p

RE: pacifier

If you baby is rejecting it by his/her own, that's very good leh... then u dun have to worry how to wean her later...

yap duckling. no more IFC le..

If JL dun want pacifier, I lagi happier!!!

Please dun be like me.. , boy. I quit ONLY when im going Primary one...

erm... bakaholic, actually can managed one... most of the time i'm the only one taking care of my ger...

morning send her to work, after work pick her up... then got to pack her bag for the next day for ifc, wash her bottles, cook dinner, bath her, feed her, play & read/sing b4 sleep then put her to sleep... all these are my daily schedule...

Sunflower

so u viewing next week?

Jasmine, cheese, bak

All along my boy doesn't like to lay down on his back. So when we dress/undress/change diaper, he hates it and will cry. Many times he cried till he gag and wanna vomit but never throw up until last evening. It was quite bad, all his porridge vomitted out.

I duno if he is frighten or not, but he is not injured leh. If he is in very good mood and got things that can distract him, he won't cry one. But the challenge is that we have not much things to distract him already. Most things don't work on him anymore.

Yesterday let him try the drypers pull up pants, think this brand not too bad, might change to this after i finish all the diapers. Now huggies pull up pants have promo in NTUC, maybe go buy to try. The sample like never come.

wah, crescent, u supermummy! I already tired after work. I always doze off while waiting for laundry to be done. And my boy cannot be left alone. He needs to see us around or he will cry. Very hard to do anything.

sunflower

just called studioplay, can view the photos on Monday, for weekend, have to wait till 30 jul. Sianz, the place so wu lu, either i take hubby's car or take cab there if were to go on weekday. Hubby can't take leave.

Rachel,

ya ..next week.

i give my boy all sorts of things to distract him leh..cotton bud container, kungfu panda, even my iphone ..etc etc..

u cannot always give the same..today give this, tomorrow give another one..3 days later can give the same thing again..

my boy likes to hear me talk or sing song..so i keep talking and talking or sing songs while changing.. u have to be quick in changing lor..

at the end , sweat..

bakaholic,

y not put him on high chair near u while u doing ur things..if myself or hb handles my boy alone, we usually put him on low chairs, then place near us..talk or sing song to him while doing our own thing such as laundry, bathing etc..give him some toys too..

sunflower

we are trying to tempt him with new things, paper, boxes, containers, remote control, mobile phone, anything we can grab. But when he decided he wants to cry, he will just shut his eyes tight and open his mouth and cry very hard, talk and sing song he also won't stop to listen. Very bad temper. I use scolding and spanking also no use. He will cry till he choke himself. We try to change him as fast as we could also. His struggles make it very hard to put on the diaper. Sometimes we can't even put on his shorts/pants, he kicked and kicked, put in one leg, the other leg came out. Sigh.

sunflower, bak,

me too put ger on high chair then push her to my balcony where i hang my laundry to dry if my hubby not ard to do.. cos now he will do all the hsework...

my ger oso very attached to me... if i put her on the playmat in the living room to play, then if i go kitchen (mine is open concept) or room, she will crawl there to look for me... only when i'm not ard then she will look for my hubby.

when i going for a bath, i can just put ger on my bed with some toys and tell her to wait for me, she will play and turn/crawl ard on the bed... when near the edge of the bed she will not dare to crawl somemore cos she knows she will fall & pain as she fall b4...

Rachel , have u tried using pull up?

Just carry him like superman and just grab him inside the pants quickly?

Hmm... must be a reason why he doenst like to dress up/ change.He is on what position when changing?

Try sitting up? then slowly make him lie down and change diaper? its a daily routine thingy, he have to get used to it...

super no mood to work tdy... cant wait till knock off still got an hr to go~

cheese,

i have tried a few pieces of pull up. When overseas I use all pull ups cause can't make him lie down peacefully. As I stock up quite a few packs of diapers, so have to mix and use first. When using pull up, he will still cry, but lesser cause he doesn't need to lie down.

For now, when we dress him, he is either sitting down on standing in his cot. But he will struggle when we take off or put on his clothes. There are times after we put on his clothes, he will cry and start pulling his clothes. Clothes with collar, long sleeves he doesn't like. But sometimes wear singlet he also pull and complain. Duno what's with him. Thats why im thinking if i should bring him see PD or any professional who can enlighten me with his behaviour.

When he is much younger, I thought clothes that touch his face he is afraid, so i change all his tops to those button up kind, no need to go over his head. But after a while, you lift his hand to wear the sleeve he will start crying. Sigh.. big headache. You can imagine at the photoshoot when we have to change him how stress we were? Even when he is naked and we just wear the angel wing he also cried, I brought snacks for him to shut his mouth, keep feeding him the happy puff so that his mouth is full and can't cry.

Bakaholic,

my hubby never defer although i was about to due last aug! Luckily my girl came out early and he just go for reservist. He even request to book out if possible unless he got night training.

its me again.. Cheekrene,this time I got post in FB! hehe[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5709128.jpg]

I gt a tin of 400g nan pro 2 to gv away.. Any1 gg birthday bash interested? If yes i bring along later...

Everyone too tired after the bash? So quiet.

Rachel, my boy oso dun like to lie down to change diaper but can still bluff him by giving him things to play. Toy oso useless to him? I usually give him bottle of moisturizer which is something he can't touch normally. Wonder if did he encounter something to make him dislike changing.

Joyce

ya, we give him nappy rash cream tube, boxes etc. It works for a few times but sometimes he just doesn't want anything. He started behaving this way since he is one month old. That time my MIL was the one helping to bathe and change him till he is about 2 month +. At that time she kept asking me why my baby is like that.

During that time, he also didn't like to bathe. Sigh... That time suspected confinement lady used too hot water. But she kept saying, "it's like that". Only when he was about 4 mo, then he enjoyed bathing. But he still hates changing now.

Rachel,

I saw how u describe him... my son used to dislike taking off clothes and wearing clothes too...

but I try to entertain him like when his putting on his clothes wearing the sleeve, I'll say "手高高,手直直" then tickle him, instead he laughs and like it... then now he only cries when putiing on diaper bcos he needs to lie down... he too anxious on sitting up and crawl around... but if u put him sit on the bed, he's ok with it, just that he don't like to lie down... sometimes when he lie down to put on his diaper, I also entertain him by playing peekaboo with him using the towel or handkechief... I train to put on diaper quite fast liao, except need to put on ru yi you, so take some seconds off too...

eeyore

thanks for the tips, shall try out the tickling method, hope it works. We tried to entertain him while dressing, just that he didn't like to be restrained. Ask him to bend, he will straighten out and struggle, push us away and cry. Sigh.. when finally got him changed, he will start pulling his clothes like very irritated and started crying. I don't think its the clothes, cos singlet he also behave the same way. Sometimes feel like leaving him naked but scared he catches a cold.

Should have more clothes that's like the wetsuit. Every part also velcro, haha... But he also cry la, only lesser.

this one also

Fits 9-12mths bb. Sleeve elastic band abit tight.

I got it from another mommy in the WTS Section for $15

Interested can PM me!

selling for $10

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5717190.jpg]

Good Morning all~!

How time flies! JL is now ONE!!!!!

Let me recap what happen LAST YEAR on THIS memorable date:

12 Jul 2010, visit doc ang for my check up (9.50am)and done VE was told to do CTG to check for bb heartbeat and contraction.

He told me that I was 3cm dilated and after the CTG, im 4cm dilated. Told to go in TMC at 3plus and I check in around 3.30pm.

Clear bowel and 4.34pm Doc Ang poke my waterbag and slowly the fluid flow out. Waiting for contraction.

6.15pm, Midwife checked that I was 7cm dilated. Still waiting for contraction. Contraction was 2-3mins interval only and I still can endure the pain.

Around 8.25pm, Doc ang check and was only 7-8cm dilated!Oh man! But he predict that I can go on labour within an hour.;

Now contraction starts! Pain! Hubby try to cheer me up and was really pain,was crying already... midwife suggest me to take the "laughing gas", was trying to anyhow use it already cos its painful!

But dear guide me along, breath in when u are in pain!I grab the towel and squeeze.Squeeze dear's hand and really had the feel to dabian!

Mid wife says ok and I really poo a bit.. LOL.

20mins later, she set up and I was ready to push!

Contraction kick in and push! really seems like consitipation for very long! Push less than 10pushes and my precious Javion Lucas Cheng was out at 21.08pm, 2.56kg, 48cm. Natural w/o epi

My proud production:- JLC [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Oh ya, sidetrack a bit,

It's such a conincidence that his Ang mo name and chinese name starts with "JL" [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cheese, u r a brave mummy loh. No need epi! Gd job!

How I wish I can have natural birth without epi for my #2. But I don think I can do it. Remembered last week I had diarrhea, I cried cos tummy super painful. Then I remembered the pain I suffered when giving birth to WX and the shouting and crying for epi. Haiz.... I think the contraction pain is sure to be 100x more jalat.

Back