(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

alibaba, QQ, u all give #1 ur bm too this round & mix with their FM? emm... think i should do that too cos i had too many EBM in my freezer now.... up todate i have 23 bags ebm in my freezer already! thinking to buy a small freezer just to keep d bm le!! :p

eeyore, take care ya!

Re: weight lost after give birth

I gainned 12 kgs during this pregnany but lost only 7 kgs & still have 5 kgs to go [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but i measure my waist line, sill 34.5" le... jia lat!!

Today start the 1st time massage, hope can get back to shape faster... keep my fingers cross...

Sunflower: the problem is I pump my milk into those milk bag she simply lazy to measure n pour it into the milk bottle so she juz pour everything in n let her drink. This is nt the ist time I caught her doing it liao.

If increase 10ml u dun mind she increase by pouring the bal for her 2 drink. My supply already nt much liao, she still wanna waste my milk.

Last nite more cute, ard 1+ she feed my gal w fm but my gal fall asleep 1/2way so left bout 10ml never finish, she say dun drink nvm maybe full liao. She placed her back to her bed n let her zzz guess wat I caught her making fm again @ 2+am when I wake up for my pump! She told me she nt full n make noise so I gif her 30ml if Fm to drink!! I was darm pissed off..

winnie,

does ur supply last more than 1 day? if can consume within 1 day, y dont store in milk bottles..easier for her and save money for u..

duckling,

wow!! u have so much milk !! any tips to increase supply ?

duckling.

i think dun need to buy freezer bah. ialso tot of buying. then how? eventually wont get to drink those milk bah.. so i sumsisi(canto) oni and never buy.

then i pump and throw when i drink alcohol. now every night i drink.

u can try letting your #1 drink your bm, but i think frozen one better not cause she can definitely tell the difference. those at fridge ok, not freezer de, got a kind of smell le.

ducklingshop ,

wow , only 5kg ! massage really got use ah ? mine all fat at hip area leh ... last time i got #1 , i manage to slim down ... now older liao , like very hard , stress

eeyore, i read back then knew that u went through the removal process. oh.. sounds scary but hope u there isnothing left there le. seldom hear ppl got this problem.

Hmm i gt 1 qn.. Actually other than bonding purposes that we latch the baby on, what other reasons we latch ? For me, I'm also facing problems in latching cos my boy quite impatient .. So end up I gave him expressed breastmilk via bottle..

Cos I thinking our purpose is to let him have the nutrients n benefits of breastmilk which it doesn't matter whether we latch or not issit??

Hmmm.. Duno leh.. Or is there any other benefits of latching which I missed out here??

CSY,

my hb also think the same as u..but latching can help to stimulate more milk than pumping.. my gynae also told me if we pump, our milk get lesser sooner or later..but if we latch, milk supply builds up... as well, pumping requires more time and effort..then when u store ur EBM in the fridge, later on when its time to feed baby, still need to warm it up..but using breast to feed, its faster and hassle free..

CSY latching got pros and cons la.

pro - NO NEED TO WASH BOTTLES, PUMPS, etc etc. convenient.

go out also convenient

bonding (but this one also cons, cause too close liao, next time hard to jie4 this habit and bb will look for you

pumping got pros and cons too!

i think we all know la.

i hate this one - i have to go home and pump if i go out cause will get seriously engorged.

nutrients wise same same, except that ebm got more GERMS , or potentially more germs cause exposed liao.

QQ,

is just a simple procedure but when i heard of it i also feel scared...

but sometimes u come to think of it, labour also go thru liao why can't this??

anyway, usu my gynae will follow up after giving birth 1 week to ensure no residue left over...

it's good in a way otherwise, excessive bleeding or tummy cramp will be the cause of this...

Hi mummies,

any gd massage lady to recommend? Thinking of engaging 1. Giv birth via natural delivery last Monday should b able to massage oledi right? Can share the charges n duration for massage? Thank u. =)

Sunflower, ur CL so poor thing.. Egg n rice only.. How to survive for 28days?

White_lady, I still have 3kg excess from my 1st pregnancy.. So total 10kg more to shed.. Worst is recently my weight just can't go down further though I m bf.. Sigh.. Must really go exercise after confinement Liao..

Jacsmy, once bm is warmed, cannot restore or keep in e fridge le.. Must finish within 1-2hrs..

RE: CL:

alibaba & bakaholic & sunflower:

Sighs. I dun dare to tell CL off coz bb in her care. So just "ren" lor. Talk oso i try my best to talk nicely & diplomatically. Counting down 11 days oredi. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Actually on the positive side (besides the good cooking), this CL corrects her mistakes after being informed lor. For example, the fermented milk case. So far no recurrence. After telling her dun feed BB water, she oso stopped liao.

And when my parents came to visit, she oso cooked two meals for them and did the washing up...

Oh. I finally muster enuff courage to bring up the dirty bathroom issue. She claims its not her job to clean my bathroom, only the one she uses. OK, so I told her to wash the one she uses properly then since she's using it herself and to wash BB. There's scum all over the glass panels and walls... Wow. She took the opportunity to remind me dat it's not her responsibility to cook for my parents. She oso claims that she's supposed to clean the floor twice a week only but she's sweeping it daily (with lots of dirt still on the floor?) Sighs. No point arguing ler. Anyways, she immediately went into the bathroom and washed it oredi.

Remember I said I was staying up to check on bb's milk amount & hygiene last night? Got so angry coz i tried to talk nicely to CL but she tried to be funny with me last nite.

At 3 plus am, she gave bb 4 oz since it was bb's nite feed.

I agreed to give dat amount since bb oredi taking so much. cannot suddenly cut down.

But barely 2 hours later at 5:30am, bb cried, probably seeking attention but CL fed bb another 3 oz.

When i saw her feeding bb, CL said bb crying and pee a lot wor. OK fine. Wat to do since bb was finishing the milk?

Then hardly 2 hours later at 7:15am, I almost bit off CL's head bcoz she was feeding BB yet another 3 oz of EBM!!!

10 oz (almost 300 ml?) over a span of 4 hours is crazy!!! I angrily told her to stop feeding and took bb to my room.

BB was obviously just whinning. She fell asleep in my room without needing any milk.

QQ:

I m taking over the feeding today liao. Wish I got your CL ler... Yours is an angel compared to mine. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Ann:

BB puked out quite a lot, dats why i thk it's overfeeding.

Yep. Will take over the feeding oredi. Just have to persevere for the sake of BB. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

RE: CL:

MVH:

The disposable sheets are like those they put under us on the hospital bed, just smaller in size. Thk the correct term for the sheets is "underpads". They protect the bedsheets/bed fr being soiled, in case the cloth diapers leaked. Guess CL conveniently protected herself from washing the cloth diapers instead. She just put BB diaper-less on the sheet coz need to air the area wt rashes. When BB poo or pee, just change the sheet instead. Sighs. Nvm mind... Ren...

winnie:

Yep. CL is fr agent. Hmmm... It is one of the more popular (more advertised) ones around... Maybe not agent problem ler. Maybe just our luck? Some ppl i know got pretty decent ones from agents. :p

RE: Fenugreek:

huffpuff:

i got barely 1 oz or at most 2 oz. so stressed up and lack of sleep coz trying to every 3 hours. took fenugreek 2capsules x 3times in the beginning. when the amount picked up. i reduced to 2 per day. sometimes i can forget to take oso... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sunflower, i drink a lot of soup... think it helps to increase the milk ss ba...

QQ, why eventually bb wont drink those milk? BM keep in freezer can last for 6 mth le... I m planning to let bb to drink after finish my maternity leave & back to work... (as my job required travelling 1)... hope can tahan give my bb BM up to 6mth la... (my #1 only 4 mth :p)

CSY, i almost EBM exclusively this round & seldom let my boy latch on. for me, pump out & let bb drink is faster (abt 10~15mins pumping) compare to let bb latch (normally take 30~40mis at least) & I can monitor & know how much bb is drinking. My milk supply is okie & dun seem reduce even i didn't let my bb latch on... anyway... this seems work now as I got CL to help to feed bb & wash the bottle & sterlize everything... after confinement, i will have lot of things to do lo... :p (hehe... i may consider to let bb latch back again if he still want my breast la... see how first lo...haha)

So, dun stress urself, just try on the better way that u think it is work better for u will do...

MVH ,

i same like u lor , during 1st week after birth , i so happy , evry 2 days drop 2kg ... then till this week , the weight never drop and after food , gain more weight ! i really want to faint , then ALL bottom before pregnant can wear , really sad n depress ...

QQ:

Hmm... abt the quarrel ah? Hmm... Not really the throw things or bang tables type ler. Not so drama... Parents think hubby influenced/changed me a lot after marriage. Plus hubby was vocal and sided me dat time. So they not happy wt him lor.

We are back on talking terms liao laa. But i feel the damage has been done liao. Anyways, talk more when we meet laa. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

white lady, my 5kgs left is for this pregnacy only, but previous pregnancy still have 5 kgs excess too!! so total 9 kgs!!

MVH, u go where exercise? count me in too... hehe!

White lady,

hmmm sure anot, aft delivery u want to shed off all fats and water retention.

Somemore u never bf and massage and by csec, don't over stressed your wound leh.

Also maybe your womb or uterus haven't reduce it's swollen.

Have some patience la, give some time for slimming down.

i think im taking the same option as duckling..just had a gd chat with hb..think im not going to LC tomorrow..will fully concentrate on EBM..my hb says since our baby drinks alot and very agressive..and its hard to monitor his intake for latching, might as well do EBM.. somemore with EBM, he needs to be fed every 1.5-3hrs.. already very hard to gauge.. if i decided to fulltime latch him, i think i will exhaust myself if he needs to latch every hr..

Duckling, I thought our bm can be stored in freezer for at most 3months?

I haven't think of what exercise to do? Maybe will be too stressed over taking care of 2 kids.. What do u intend to do?

Ann, MVH how do u try to train ur babies to latch on?

LC say he lazy to suckle and my nipple too short. my boy rejected me since day 2 and ever since we had been giving him ebm by bottle. every time i try to latch him on, he will cry and yell so we give in and give him bottle. my hubby say i too stubborn, keep on wanting to latch him.

Sunflower I called PEH today and wanted to book appt with LC for tml. so it's u who had booked her. issit at 3pm? If you really decide not to go then i can call to book her tml.

Can't we latch on and give EBM at night?

I think it's best to be able to latch on to keep the milk flow going. Just my opinion

ng,

my CL say right after u discharge from hospital can massage already, that's what they malay do.

my CL charges $50 per session, she have 5 or 10 days package.

her massage is usu 60 mins, sometimes she extend longer to massage head and face if u want to...

bcos she say sometimes chinese doesn't want to massage hair due to the oiliness, chinese don't bathe mah...

massage bb got additional charges, i think is 5 days for mummy and bb is $700

mummies who have done massage, how did you feel during the massage? I felt painful during the session. issit that my massage lady used too much energy for me?

tearybabe, painful is GOOD.. but u can ask her to reduce the power bah. too painful is not good, but many ppl like POWERFUL massage de.

pleaides, ok ok we chat next time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] as long a u happie can liao. since u taking over, just relax ok? any problem sms me.

sunflower, u have a point. it is all our choice eventually. i gave up latching for #1 and fully pump and give ebm. still ok and give till 11 months. this time, i tot i am lazy to pump and wash, wanna latch.

i think i will fail and give up somehow. lets see.

it is perfectly fine to give ebm and latch for various feeds. b ut do make sure u have 1-2 feeds in extra to standby.

duckling, if u defrost the ebm, u go try if the smell is differnt? we can store in freezer for 6 months, but since we open and close freezer v often, recommended 3 months. 3 yrs ago TMC recommended 6 months, i also throw every 3-4 months, anyway now they recommend 3 months. so u can store later woh.

eeyore, sounds scary, but since it was done, i believe it is quite common then.

tearybabe,

Are u a first time mum? If yes, going to see a LC helps alot in giving u confidence to latch bb on. I'm a 2nd time mum so I'm more familiar with breastfeeding ..... My heart also quite hardened to his yells so I will keep on trying and trying and trying... although my maximum threshold is 12 hours of the yelling nonsense. I also try different position - cross cradle hold, cradle hold, football hold... see which one suits him. I also compress my breast to help the milk flow faster (in case he is yelling cos the flow is too slow for him).

If he's lazy to suckle, try latching him on when he's hungry cos when he's hungry, his suckle will be stronger.

I've read articles that says that we can introduce bottles to babies when they are 4th-6th week old. My bb is 4 wks now so I'm giving him EBM for his last feed at night and latching on the rest. If your baby is younger than 4 wks, there is a chance that the baby might have nipple confusion and end up preferring bottle to breast.

Ann,

how long your ah boy suck for each breast now? and how long can he last in average?

i let him suck oni 10 min or slightly less. then he stopped liao. and hor, last oni 1 hr then gua1 gua1 jiao4.

my ah will's training will start this wednesday or thursday!!!

QQ i dinnoe painful is good..was quite worried that i wanted to stop the massage. dun dare to intro when ng was asking for recommentation.

ng, my massage lady's charges are consider cheap. is $60 per session for ard 2 -2.5 hrs.

she recommend me to do 10 sessions.

Ann, ya i am first time mum. at first i can ignore his yelling but mil and cl says if he yell too much, he can have too much wind in tummy. so i start to give in. now he is 12 days old only and on total EBM le.He definitely prefer bottle to breast. I have to see the LC soon.

When u say keep on trying and trying, u mean u dun feed bb at all until he latch on?

Gynae just come to do ward visit, from his simple explanation to my wife. We are quite a rare case cause mummy's womb is a heart shape womb, so water level is not accurately measure.

He only discover the water level is actually very low already during c-sec. Lucky we did it this morning.

Ok .. got to sleep liao. Bye all.

Finally have some time to log in..

thanks all for the comfort.. Now am thinking want to go back. Sis and mum came down to help today.. i still don know how to bathe baby.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] tml going to see pd will try to bathe baby already.. hb is snoring off now cause whole of last night he didnt get to sleep.. tonight i will be taking over so as to let him rest.. feel so heartpain to let hb go through this kind of suffering[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] anybody encountered baby eyes red and swollen? baby also has lots of dry skin.. i have given up on bf cuz still learning how to look after baby.. fil is in hospital now sigh one trouble after another. sometimes feel like giving away this baby.. am i bad to harbour this kind of thinking? My hb loves the baby alot but seeing him so tired i cant help to think this way.. Feel like crying again how.. Haiz..

QQ, it depends... on average, he only suck 10-15 mins each side.. he will wake up 2.5-3hrly. But these 3 days, he suck quite long... and appears very hungry like dat.... He will suck like 15 mins then cry and angry, so I keep switching sides... End up, I seem to be latching on for 1-2 hours b4 he guai guai zzz... But he will wake up in 1.5-2 hrly now. Maybe my milk ss not power enough for him this week....

tearybabe, yeah I didn't give him bottle till he latch on. But after few hours of fighting, I gave him 30ml to satisfy his tummy for a bit while I rest a bit before trying again. My boy don't have jaundice so I can do this ... If he has jaundice, I won't dare to 'starve' him.

penguin,

Its normal for newborn babies to have dry skin. The skin will peel off and go off after some days. Don't worry about it. You are a first time mummy, there are a lot of new things to learn... Don't be too hard on yourself. For my first time, I also started blur blur and have to learn by trial and error. The good news is that your hubby is so supportive and helpful! Not every hubby is like dat hor... so u should feel happy and comforted that u are not alone in this, u got yr hb by your side. Try to relax...

Tearybabe, my right nipple also short n fat.. Difficult to suckle coz need a lot of effort for baby.. I try to squeeze e nipple so that it can be less fat n hopefully longer.. She will cry awhile, suckle a while, cry awhile etc.. Tiring for the 1st 2 weeks.. Especially when my gal is sleepy when she got jaundice, so after latching a while, tired, n sleep without drinking much.. I also compress my breast n drip some milk inside her mouth n disturb her to swallow e milk.. Hoping to wake her to continue drinking.. Must be persistent if u want yr bb to latch on.. Somemore my bb is a gal so maybe not so aggressive..

Penguin,

Nice that ur hubby is willing to share burden wif u.. Dun think too much or habour silly thoughts okay? E learning curve for taking care a baby is steep but with yr determination n support from yr mum, sis n hubby, I m sure u can pull through n be a good mum.. Have faith in yourself.. No one is born to know how to take care of bb, we all learn through experience.. Cheer up yeah? Dun cry okay?

Thanks all

wonder when will baby stop waking up for milk at night.. My hb is on unpaid leave this wk so he is helping but next wk is going to be tough and tiring for him if he were to help me out midnight.. Sometimes i wonder how long we can take it.. No personal time at all.. Our hairs so messy no time to watch tv wash clothes even to eat a proper meal[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] baby is waking up soon.. Parents in law are at hospital now.. Will go to their room to change diaper to avoid waking poor hb up..

Ann, mvh really peifu ur determination.

So regretful of giving in to bottle so early.

My hb wun agree to fighting with bb like that. He say I force feed with my breast. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

My CL worse, she can't stand bb crying. Once I tried to latch on and bb cried hard. It made her so gan chiong that while warming the EBM, she din close the bottle properly and milk leak from the bottle.

I must try harder to fight with bb le.

Just want to ask, any of u not bring baby to see a pd? I am thinking not to bring baby to see pd cuz we cannot afford it, heard that can be quite expensive to get injections over there. Any advice? What does pd do? Do different pd charge different prices? Any one have any cheap and good ones to recommend? Thanks!

penguin,

i give injections to bb from polyclinic. my #1 we took injection at GP instead of PD. that time i kuku din know about polyclinic much and we were PR then.some injections at poly are FREE. it is much cheaper than seeing PD.

i feel that if you are comfy going poly, bb is healthy and fine, dun need to go pd since it i expensive, especially injections. they charge u consultation fees $40-80 per visit, even for injections.

unless there is any concern over bb on health and development issues, u can go pd, but poly they also do bb assessment, so just go poly since $$ is an issue, ok?

go back your house bah! there are more support there. some of us are guo4 lai2 ren2, it is never been easy until bb sleep through (some a few months, some a few years), we will all get used to it. no worry!

your hb will find it worth the effort de, dun worry too much.

so how? i am bringing bb for concert, i hope the sound is not too too loud. if too loud then i go out. or i use something to cover his ears??

ann, yalor my son still look v v yellow, so i have to give ebm, even after i latch. he bullies me la, suck oni few min then stop liao. 1 hr later wake up yelling.

penguin,

u can go GP oso....go to those GP where u can use cda acc 1....it'll b cheaper (as u pay half n gov paying the other half mah)....if not u go polyclinic instead, some jabs r FOC but bb will b poke more times lah

QQ,

go wad concert? will it b too loud anot?

Eeyore n tearybabe,

your massage lady local malay aunty? Can PM me contact? Thanks. =)

penguin_88,

pat pat. Go back to your mom home if need. Sometime we really need to escape fr stress a while with somebody We trust ard so tat we can rest assure our baby well taken of. Jiayiu! Baby will grow up very fast 1. =)

Polyclinic is cheap. Their immunization package I sign up for my boy 2 yrs ago cost ard $300 (forget exact amt liao cos hubby is the 1 paying) n fully paid by medisave or CDA acc. Sorry really forget detail liao. =p

n waiting period not long cos with appt. Me personally only bring my boy to c PD once cos my boy 1st time sick n we r worry so just go to pd recommend by my colleague. It's truely expensive to go to pd. So after tat I only bring my boy to c GP.

Tearbabe,

PEH? I’m from KKH leh.. not sure if it’s the same LC u referring to..but my appt is 330pm..have yet to cancel..will call tmr.. Me same as you, baby prefer bottle to my breast now.. I think im confusing him too much..dont let baby yell too much leh, will get colic..but if u have a will on latching, u jiayou!

QQ,

Ya , so I will concentrate on EBM since its perfectly normal to do that.. as long as I got breastmilk, I think its ok .. I shld forget about the ego thing for latching hehe..

Penguin,

Don’t think this way..your baby belongs to both of u, so both of u share the same load.. its so great that your hb helps out, else I think u will go into depression..first time mummy is like that, sure will feel that life changes after your baby is out.. but once u see ur baby each time, ur heart will melt, u will feel everything u did is worthwhile..jiayou ok!

Dear all thanks alot!

i must say all of ur encouragement and advices helps alot. Last night, my hb was so worried about his father and baby. His heart beat so fast he almost couldn't breathe[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] omg, made me so worried! Im scared his health won't be able to take it.

Sunflower I mistook that u deliver at parkway east hospital.

have to arranged another day for LC consultation then. I prefer to latch on for convenience's sake. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

It's very encouraging to know that QQ managed to give EBM for 11 months. Jiayou!

Penguin if u dun want to move home, y dun ask ur mum to come over to help out everyday. U have to take good care of ur own health too, esp during confinement.

Back