Ann: I totally understand how you feel. I also don’t like it when my hubby travels and the trip crosses weekends – make us lose our precious family time. Some companies can be very ridiculous, last min can ask ppl to fly here and there, extend trip, etc, as if ppl don’t have family at home. My hubby was scheduled to be in Shanghai for 2 weeks, then last min, they wanted him in Sydney. So they change his trip to 1 week Sydney, 1 week Shanghai. I was happy coz this means he will be back for the weekend. Then last min while he was in Sydney they want him to extend another week in Sydney and postpone Shanghai to another week. I was fuming mad, 3 weeks away from the family!! So he “fought” to come back from Sydney for the weekend but got to forgo business class for the second trip to Sydney. Tiring on him but he is happy to see bb over the weekend and I am happy too. He is halfway through the 2nd Sydney trip now and next week still have Shanghai to go but at least he will be around this weekend. Don’t be angry with your hubby, I am sure he is trying to do his best for you & Kayden.
Yeah, like what Eliss said, if you can handle Kayden alone, then bring him home. When Ian was younger, I couldn’t handle him alone so I gotta ask nanny to take care of him during weekends when hubby is away. Really missed him like crazy. These days I can handle him alone, so I no longer ask for the nanny’s help on weekends when hubby travels. But still wishing that hubby will travel less coz he is missing out so much...