(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

vivi>> oohh...may not be able to make it in time leh...cuz the costume is still in France! will let u know if it's available.

Mrslong,

Wow so qiao.. Same place.. Our bb is 1mth apart.. U book on the actual day Ma?? How much?? I went down to view than decided to book.. Actually also wan to book near the pool but from the bungalow to swimming pool there is no direct route to go in swimming.. Need to walk from outside so I find it no point to pay for the extra.. In the end I book bungalow no.6N.. Near to the recept.. Which unit u book?

25 march if really confirm I will go take leave.. I dun have a float need to buy lei.. Now bb should be able to use normal float Ma?

SK, i went to check out the luna luna page also.. The beco & ergo design is so far different... :)

think i really have to think twice abt the carrier?? whether carrier or light weight stroller is better to invest in for long term...

Hello all. Have a question here.

Do you bring your babies to swimming pools? Do they wear a swim diaper only, or baby swim suit?

ERGO & BECO: Personally I do not use an Ergo or Beco. But my friends who used either one all highly recommend it. I guess both are very good carrier and it’s really up to individual’s preference for design and feature. The weight limit for Ergo, Beco Gemini & Beco Butterfly II are 40lbs,Beco Gemini & Beco Butterfly II are 40lbs, 35lbs and 40lbs respectively. Among all 3, only Beco Gemini can carry front facing out. Here are some info on where to purchase the carriers.

For Ergo, can get from Agape babies, much cheaper than in store. Agape is selling the organic ones for $185. Here’s the link:

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4412532.html?1298819889

According to what I know, in Singapore, there are only a few retailer of Beco. You can refer to the following links. Among them, only bebelove carries Beco Gemini. The rest only have Beco Butterfly II.

http://www.cozybabies.com.sg/

http://www.debabyshoppe.com/ (only online shop)

http://bebelove.com.sg/index.php (think they have a shop at city sqmall but not too sure)

http://www.babyslingsandcarriers.com/contact (at novena square 2)

Currently there is an ongoing BP for Beco BII @ S$199.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5123518.html?1298886838

The retail price of Beco is ard S$250. At US Amazon.com, the price for Gemini & BII are US$129 (S$170) & US$139 respectively. The shipping charge via vpost for 1 carrier is ard S$40. For vpost, can refer to the following for promotion code to get up to S$20 discount off the shipping charge.

http://www.vpost.com.sg/promo/promocodes.html

FYI, the Beco that I helped my friend bought is labelled “Made in USA”. The latest print design for Beco is “Ginger” but currently still not available on Amazon.com.

me also feeling the strain when i carry bb R using the bjorn so decided to get a beco gemini. I love the ginger design but too bad N.A yet.

Charliebrown: bb R is about 8kg at 7th month. Pd say 50%..

Jaclyn

I have a sling too.. (I nv use & is maid who is using!!), a baby bjorn synergy too also waste $$ cos same as u.. supposed to be my hubby to carry him in.. but my hubby hardly use it... put there collect dust.. in the end i went to buy a hanamuguri carrier (cheap one)...

Geri,

I also feel the same.. use the bjorn feeling strain.. & I also decided to buy beco gemini...

geri: My sis saw the video and tried to rip paper in front of my bb...he gong-gong stare at her, no reaction de....haha!

hi mummies, I went for the free trial class (UOB credit card) at JWT Gym UE Square today (Squeakers class). There were only 2 pairs of mummies. It's alright, not too outstanding - I think it's more worthwhile going when baby is more mobile, so that she can explore the equipment more.

Jaclyn & Jasline: Same here!!! i have 2 slings but somehow I just can't figure out how to use it with my bb. i have bjorn synergy too cos my hubby said he will only use bjorn. beco or ergo too feminine so he will not use and forbids me to buy. but my hubby also only used it a few time loh. hopefully now that I have more time alone with baby I will get to use it more often. Went out with baby for 2 hrs yesterday in Bjorn and still quite ok, maybe cos bb N is quite light. Hopefully N grows big big faster then I can have a chance to buy beco haha.

Jasline: I bought something similar which is the Pigeon small fish rice cracker. N tried it before and likes it. I like it too hee hee. It will becomes soft when in contact with our saliva and helps to train bb to chew.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5165897.jpg]

Hi gals, very long never log in

I would like to add that the beco carrier is a good buy as I've been using it till my no1 was 18 mths and now I'm using it for my no2... I use it everyday and when it's dirty I just wash it in the washing machine

jasline, I bought those Japanese biscuits for my no1 last time... The fish (blue colour box) flavoured ones tasted horrible but the spinach and pumpkin flavour ones were very nice... But the biscuits are pretty sweet leh...

Charliebrown: I dunno my girl's weight leh.. Cos only weigh her when she has her vaccines and her last one was 5 mths old.. That time she was 7.4kg. I think now maybe about 9? Many ppl says she is quite big for a 7mth old now, lol..

Vivi: thx.. I'll see if I got a chance to pop down town this weekend, if nt I maybe arrange to try ur ergo.. Hehe,

Hershey: ya but for me I need both! Cos I can't carry too long. But with carrier, gd for short errands.. Esp when go buy groceries at ntuc.. Use carrier easier or else have to push stroller and squeeze with ppl using shopping trolleys..

Acidz: I bring my girl to public pool. She wears swimming costume. I scared she catches a cold and moreover, she is girl mah, have to cover. But to protect from cold is better to wear thermal swimsuit rather than swimming costumes cos not much protection also.

Geri: yes! My girl laughed out loud at such sounds. She kept chuckling non stop when I was doing Xmas wrapping at the scotch tape pulling sounds. I was doing wrapping on the floor & she also laughed whenever I put my scissors on the floor cos of the sound. -.- my hubby says she 38. Lol!

Bjorn: the 1st time I used it, I didn't like.. Cos it was worse than using sarong. Damn pain. Used less than an hr i ask hubby to take over le. But dunno why some websites raved abt it like it's very gd. Some more it retails at $299! Heng mine was a gift.. I need a new one!

Bb sling: initially I dunno how to use also. But I just refused to give up cos I paid $40 for that piece of cloth! So I everyday watch YouTube and practice.. Slowly I managed to do it and can use easily now! It's better than all my carriers, bb sleeps inside longer & I can carry longer cos some weight supported by waist. Just that she is getting bigger and if she wriggles too much I have to keep tightening..

jasline>> I booked from 23 - 25 Jul. Celebrating my boy's BD on 24th (2 days in advance).

We booked chalet no. 30 something, my HB was the one who booked but he cannot remember which number to be exact liao, hehee.

Total he paid $500+ for 3D2N based on resort member price. Your HB also a member?

Mrslong,

Oh u celecbrate earlier.. mine fall on a sunday so i celebrate on the actual day..

So i book sun to Tue (26 jun to 28 jun)..

cos mine 26 fall on the last day of sch holiday & is super peak period.. cost me a damage of $670+..

My hubby not a member... my sis's bf is safra member so we paid the safra member price.

ur hubby book based on member price.. than should be much more cheaper.. =)

jasline>> I see. Ya, june is school hol so super peak!

our guestlist is abt 60pax (spread over 4hrs i guess)...i hope it won't be too crowded until cannot breath! haha...

hv u decided on which caterer to use?

Irene,

Where u buy the Pigeon small fish rice cracker??

I went NEX Iestan & saw these 3 different type so jux bought each & try..

sugar,

I agree! spinach and pumpkin flavour ones were very nice... Even I also like! hahah.. My BB like alot.. But the biscuits are pretty sweet.. true.. quite sweet.. no wonder bb will like.. But is ok de right??

Dear Mummies

Have the following to sell

1 x Mamil Gold Stage 2 (400g) - $12

1 x Enfapro Stage 2 (400g) - $12

1 x FrisoGold 2 (900g) - $25

All expiry after May 2012.

Self collection @ Novena MRT (9am - 6pm) or Sembawang MRT (After 7pm weekdays), Weekend collection possible with arrangement

Please PM me for fast deal.

Mrslong,

I think the space should be big enough.. hahha.. i haven draft out the guest list.. duuno how many ppl to invite....

I will use NEO Garden catering..

Have u book the cake already??

I thinking of getting Pine Garden ba...

Now i only confirm the venue.. & balloons.. other than tat haven confirm..

Swim date @ NSRCC.

Date: 25 March 2011 (Fri)

Time: 4pm

Venue: National Serviceman Resort Country Club

(near Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal)

Any mummies keen to join in the swim date, pls include your name in the list?

1. mrslong

Swim date @ NSRCC.

1. mrslong

2. Jasline

Calling for charliebrown....

Any ideal if the little gym on 05march is confirmed. Will we be expecting a phone call from them or we just go directly down? You know how long the session will last?

jasline>> i hv a $100 voucher from Sweetestmoments, so maybe just order a cupcake tree I guess.

May also order some balloons package.

jasline>> i bought an iplay swim diaper for my boy from mummykian in the BP here.

also bought a float for him...the car float, for him to sit inside.

cannot remember her link liao. But can search in the BP section

Swim date @ NSRCC.

1. mrslong

2. Jasline

3. Noknok

Swim date @ NSRCC.

1. mrslong

2. Jasline

3. Noknok

4. eliss (provided I can confidently drive a stick which I am practising now, though the dist is short la :p)

Feeding

I find that Keila is feeding very little ever since we start on solid... she used to take 180-200ml every feed. How to increase her intake leh?

Typically her feeding schedule is like this

0600 - EBM (gives 200ml) 150-180ml

1030 - EBM 150ml -180ml

1430 - HB multigrain (3 tablespoon + 2 oz puree)

1830 - 5oz vege puree

1030 - EBM 130 to 180ml

Babybee: hihi! Think is confirmed. The person will call us the day before. But I can't rem is it 30mins or 45mins. Mummies who went to the little gym b4, is it 30 or 45mins?

Sun_tan: pm you the details already. wah, 1 hr is quite long for the gym.

Irene: the pigeon rice crackers looks delicious!! haha!

Sweetkiss: yeah, many pple said my bb is quite big for his age too. But what the pd said is super contradicting n boh liao, not overweight for his age, but weight is like 1 year old?!

Eliss: Mine is opp of yours leh..my bb craves for milk every 3 hours, I find it hard to wean him leh. I tried to feed him solids first, but he will still cry for milk. Feeding him porridge is like battle even worse. I've already put the silver fish and threadfin fish, he still craves for HB cereal.

Pigeon Rice Cracker: I bought from Robinson at Raffles City. They got a wide variety of Pigeon baby snacks. I chose this as it is similar in size and shape as teething rusk but not hard. But in the long run, I think I will get Wakodo rice cracker and other organic snack for my baby. FYI, Agape Babies got carry Wakodo products.

Beco: For those interested in Beco Gemini, JTS that now the Ginger design is available on Amazon =)

Agape Babies:

Not trying to help them promote, but I really like to buy things from them cos is cheaper and convenient. haha. They have a variety, and Karen is very prompt in service. So far, I have bought story books, CB cream, diaper cream, toothpaste, Ergo, bb food, etc. So for busy working mums or even SAHM, can try them. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Charliebrown: Me too, i like buying from Agape Babies coz ready stock & Karen is prompt. If order from overseas spree, gotta wait.

Mummies, I am so pissed and upset with hubby. Maybe some of you might think that I am emo but I just cannot tahan lo. Let me complain and just bear with me.

Hubby told me that he has to go Shanghai this weekend. He will be travelling at 1am flight on Thursday and only returning next Tuesday evening time. I got quite pissed cause it means that without him ard, I have to place Kayden at my in law place again. It means my family time got taken away by the company.

It is always so easy for his company to take away my time with my hubby but it is always so hard for me to take away his company time. It is always so hard for him to take leave to go holiday or accompany me and Kayden.

Moreover next week we are going to Thailand.. which mean that I will not get to be with my baby again for the weekend. My hubby seems ok with it. I told him that I dun wan baby to think that Ang Mo Kio is his home and his closest kin is in Ang Mo Kio.. Sembawang is his chalet or weekend home and we are his visitors. My hubby say it is ok ma.. you can always visit him during weekend and bring him out.

Then I told my hubby.. "why not I shift back to my mum's place.. weekend we go pak tor for few hours and after that I return to my mum's place to stay.. can? He say cannot. I ask him why cannot? We are still husband and wife on cert, just like Kayden is our son on the cert. The only thing is we just dun live together nia ma. It seems ok with you what." Then he get what I mean.

I told him I will cancel the trip to thailand. He still ask me why. Got more pissed at this point lo. Then he suggested that we bring Kayden to Thailand with us.

Frankly, to me, thailand is not exactly the place I would bring my baby to lo. Air is not good, water also not good. If baby get sick, thailand hospital is not exactly the hospital I wanna bring him to. My hubby say we can bring our own kettle and also he check the air index.. good - moderate at some areas. He then say we can travel outside of bangkok with kayden.. the vehicles in bangkok is not exactly like our home sedan lei.. Why he just dun understand that it is a place not suitable for baby this young?

I know he is trying to make the trip work but I will not put my baby's health at risk.

Why can't he understand?

JP: i think i have tempted quite a few. geri, jasline, lynn were all tempted by me haha. but i must give credit to grace. she's the one who started the temptation haha.

charliebrown, vernie: i'm a fan of agape babies too! karen is my inspiration haha.

Hi my July mommies!!

Many have asked me abt the teething blings after the function @ pris's, i still have stock for them but not many of each design so please check the list below and PM me first to check if its still available as I am posting this on June/July/Aug threads =)

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5167965.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5167966.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5167967.jpg]

My son and his uncle enjoying their teething bling

What is a Teething bling?

We all know how much babies love to grab and chew. For that reason, most moms don’t wear jewelry when their children are young. We are changing that!

Teething Bling® is the original teething jewelry. Made from the same FDA-approved material as most teething toys, our pendants and bangles look great on the adult wearer but are safe for curious babies to handle and chew.

Our products are non-toxic, phthalate, BPA, PVC, latex and lead free and all pendants come with a breakaway clasp as an added safety measure.

Designs in Stock:

Please check: http://www.smartmomjewelry.com/ecart/categories.asp?cID=10 (For normal Blings)

and

http://www.smartmomjewelry.com/ecart/categories.asp?cID=31 (For tween Blings)

Tween Bling:

Berry Scented

Blue camou

Camouflage

Jade

Jungle Green

Lilac

Peach Scented

Pink Lollipop

Turquoise

Teething Bling:

Amethyst

Candy Apple

Coral

Cotton Candy

Gold

Green Swirl

Jade

Lapis Lazuli

Malachite

Moonstone

Onyx

Peridot

Pink Calcite

Pink cupcake

Silver

Sky Blue Swirl

Spice

Sugar Plum

Tanzanite

(All above are in stock as of this post)

Please note that I do not have many of each design, please check with me first and I will let you know if theres still stocks for the design you like !

Price for June/July/Aug Mommies is $20, add 50cts for postage! To gauge for comparing purposes, pupsik studios is selling one for $35.90 so this is quite a good deal as I bought direct in bulk frm USA mainly for my july mommies! Do PM me if you're interested in one

Ohh I forgot to add previously that if you bought a bling and want to get a super-cheap-and-comfy Smart Mom Onesie.. just top up $5. The size I only ordered 6-12mths since all our babies are that size [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pic of it:

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5167968.jpg]

PS, if mommies are also interested in the teething bangles.. do PM me. Once I have enough I will order because need minimum order

thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ann:

Oh noo. Maybe your husband is pressured by work to go for these trips.. don angry at him ba.

I also feel Thailand is totally not a baby place. Even if forecast say air is good, the place itself is messy and dirty. Water is also dubious so think about having to bathe baby etc... Quite jialat!

Jaclyn: I know he is pressurize by work to go for the working trips.. but I just can't help being upset lo. If it doesn't touch weekend, I am still fine but then if it includes weekend, I totally hates it.

And now becos of his trip to Shanghai.. I will have to cancel our trip to Thailand. Hotel paid, dinner cruise paid, air tickets paid.. now have to cancel everything. I am totally disappointed lo.

See.. you also know thailand is not a baby place.. why can't he understand?

Everytime he give me hope, he thrash it again. I dunno why.

Err - can i add in a few words on travelling to Thailand! Some of you would probably know I actually brought Keila to Phuket in jan 2011. we rented a car to drive around.

Though the tap water in Thailand is not potable, we bought lots of bottles water (those 5L kind) during our trip. Yes Thailand is not a baby friendly place but you will be surprised that some newer malls even have nursery rooms bigger, roomier nursery room (mind you I still gotta pump somemore)

My take is to take BB to thailand, bring lightweight stroller AND carrier along! our BB already 8 months, some can even sit in BB chair le. And please remain in big cities like BKK and not outskirts cuz if *touch wood* anything happens to BB, Big Hospital are located in Capital and not outskirt!

I would have take keila to BKK that's for sure compared to say Chiang Mai.

Air in BKK - Air in BKK has nvr been a problem leh why air is no good?! I thought HKG is the one that is really bad! I last went BKK in Jan 2010 when i was preggy! If you stay in the shopping district within BKK, the place is actually quite clean!

Travelling with BB, you have to spurge on hotels! If you want clean water go for big names hotels!

Ann,

Can definitely understand how u feel... work or family.. where's the balance etc.. etc..

Have u considered tagging along at times on his biz trip? Then maybe he can extend his trip and 2 of u can spend some couple time together? Or u can take Kayden along?

Back