(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

My bb went for 2nd dose 5 in 1 and rotavirus today, weigh 6.2kg and 63cm, Pd said weight putting abit slow but height is ok,so got to feed more.





My bb lower teeth on the right is showing think that's why she very cranky nowadays gums painful and don't sleep well

 


Hallo mummies

Too long never log on! So interesting to hear of all the baby swimming! I didn't know can bring so soon! Will try one of these weekends ;)



Any mummies staying in the east wanna do a week day gathering? Or any mummies still at home wanna do week day gathering? Can travel as long as not the west! Heh



Baby sleeping at nite...

Juz got tortured by son last nite... Feeding him only once after 1130 before 8 but he keeps waking up and fuss and cry... Try to pat pat pat him and give him pacifier but still no use... Must carry then sleep abit. Wanna train no carry and drink only after 5-6hours at nite but its a real torture (for me! Heh) carry is the easiest solution! Not sure if it's the best tho...



Btw... Have fun at the gathering! Weeekends are not great for me... Usually have to bring baby here and there

 
Ak

I think your bb has shallow stomach like my bb that's why only can drink bit by bit cannot force to drink so much.

What's your bb weight now?

 
Jastine: Great that u got a place at United Montessori IFC. I went there to enquire before. But IFC not an option for me. My bb is non-Sporean, without grant/subsidy, IFC fees is very expensive. So i can only get nanny.

 
mummies is there any BP for 5-6 yrs old girl??

will like to update my girl closet..

eg.

-clothes, dresses

-socking

-shoes

-bag, pencil-box



any recommend?

 
Jastine: I bought the murray hill noel stevie (pink colour). Damn! Today, KS website show a sale on the bag.. now selling for US$276. If I know, I will wait.. can save S$150 lei. Bloody hell. So pek chek now. But it is quite spacious and lots of compartments. So not too bad.

 
Vernie,

are you msian? coz you used "sekali", so i'm wondering lor [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i'm msian and baby also not sporean. i'm applying for LT visit pass for my mom-still waiting for the outcome. if rejected, i also headache have to search for babysitter or IFC. if really bo pian, i'll stay home

 
ica: Yes, I am msian. You can guess from my correct spelling of "sekali" yeah coz ppl here usually spell it differently. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



I got a LT visit pass for my mum too. Took a while for the approval to come. I applied end June, approval came only end Aug. But my mum cannot help me take care of bb for the long term, so i got a babysitter. The LT visit pass is more for my mum's convenience to get in and out of Spore. No need to fill in the white card.

 
vernie,

haha. ya, if i say roti canai, you'll also know [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



oh, you're so lucky that you got the LT pass approved oredi. i actually applied mid June, was rejected, so i appealed and awaiting the outcome. website says 2-4 wks will know the outcome but it's been 8 wks oredi! really hope they'll approve it. wonder if it's anything to do with how long one has been a PR

 
ica: haha...yes...roti canai (msia) vs prata (sg) though both refer to the same food. Hope you get the LT pass soon. Did they give u any reasons for the rejection? I've been a PR for about 7 years already. Hubby too. Oh, the LT pass is for 5 years. Quite good...

 
vernie,

ya i really hope so. no reason given - just say rejected. then when i enquire on making an appeal, the docs that they need are exactly the same as if i were to make a counter submission. hubby and i have been PRs for 5 yrs. LT for 5 yrs is good! ya lor, save your mom the hassle of keep filling up the white card

 
hi mummies,



wanna check any of your babies keep scratching his/her eyes and face?



my boy keeps rubbing & scratching his eyes & face until face keep breaking out into rashes. And his face is scaly red & rough.



We recently took off his mittens for daytime only and hope without the mittens, even when he scratch, won't be so dirty...but in the end, scratched himself on the face and eye area.

 
Junie: My boy only does that when he is tired. If he is not, he would not do that cause he will be busy playing.

 
Vernie, that's fast. Thought it would take a few months.



Mrs long - my bb also rub her eyes face constantly. She's also starting to have rashes.

 
Ann: I saw that bag at taka Kate Spade! Looks super pink! if bring that out then very hard to match clothes :p *haha* I was actually thinking of either that or the black one. :p



mrslong: my girl will scratch her face and pull her hair when she's frustrated. I read from here that its a sign that bb is tired. So I will carry her and try to put her to sleep.

 
My bb also like to rub her eyes when she's tired . Whenever I carry her,she will pull my hair or grabbed my clothes tightly maybe she feel more secured this way

 
Junie,

ls it whole face? Scaly patches? Rough and spreads when irritated? If so, sounds like my #1's skin condition when he was 2 to 4 mths old. It's called infantile ezcema. Will outgrow but takes a while. My #1 would scratch his face till weepy n raw. It was a very bad case.



Need to break the itch-scratch cycle.



My Ryan then went on to pull/scratch /tug his ear lobe till practically his ear lobe was raw for a good 3 mths

 
My baby got alot of pattern. She is only 2 months plus. Recently, she has always been looking at her left hand/fist. Her mouth also seems to be salivating and moving as though she is still hungry after every feed. Any one of you experienced the same thing?

 
Babycoco,

My baby's PR also approved within 3 wks of submitting. Faster than my mom's appeal. Are u still waiting for yours? Don't worry, sure get approved. Cannot separate child from parents- stronger case. One lady I met at the ICA, she said her mom's LT pass approved within 1 mth but her baby's PR not approved yet and it has been 2 mths oredi



Junie,

Ya, could be eczema- red and scaly right? My baby had it so PD prescribed steroid cream. Now no more but face not as smooth as before - yet. Now applying moisturiser so it's improving. remember to apply moisturizer after the steroid cream, if you're prescribed the medication coz the cream is drying. I made a mistake- din know. Or u can try Gaia soothing cream- also for eczema



My baby rubs her ears till red- itchy coz she has cradle cap. Her mittens were off oredi but she rubbed/scratched till they bled! So heartpain when I saw blood- bright red some more! But she din cry at all, even smiled! Silly girl. So I put mittens on again

 
Menstruation:

Just wanna ask have any BF mummies gotten ur period? If so, is it the normal or heavy or light? I have been having spotting for the past 2-3 days, can't be menses right? And is it ok to have unprotected sex? I heard BF mum won't conceive so fast.

 
any BF mummies went for hair colouring or rebonding? Is it safe while BF?



Jastine.. my gynae told me BF = Condom!! normally wont get pregnant while BF since no ovulation = no menses.. But my mum had my 2nd brother while she was BF my eldest bro!! She tot no menses since BF.. but feel abit weird then went to see doc, then realise she was 3 mths pregnant already... haaa..

 
Hai, I alr having my 2nd menses cycle..



Red bb,

I went to rebond my hair. After tat, I would throw away the 1st pump of expressed bm.

 
Hi AK, my baby has GERD and seeing Dr Kenny Ee for her condition (i would also recommend Dr Vasanthi also as my #1 has been seeing her for years). both are very experienced in this area. guess you would remember my posts before on this.... she is on daily medication of Zantac and Motilium till now. So far, her condition is improving (she will be 3 mths old by 15 Oct), with only 1 merlion in 3 wks. i didnt stop the medication as PD advise once they start vomitting, its hard to go back to before. so have to maintain and monitor. other than that, its just some occassional spitouts after milk if we don't burp properly. her intake is around 800-900ml per day. she feeds 2 hrly of 90ml as we notice that any bigger feeds (ie., dragging the feeding hr) will result in higher chance of vommiting. so its small frequent feeds.



Have you been doing f/up with the same PD? I think it's better to f/up with the same one so that they can advise and diagnose appropriately base on history record.... Hopping multiple specialists might impede the accuracy of diagnosis. at most go for second opinion and f/up closely with the PD you are most comfortable with.



I remember the PD mention before (Kenny Ee spent close to 20-30mins explaining the various conditions to us), there could be 2 conditions. (1) GERD,which they will outgrow (2)a condition where the milk can't flow through and keyhole surgery is needed. condition (2) will progressively get worse as the baby grows older. i know it's sianz to keep going back for review but nothing is more impt & urgent when bb is not drinking much. this could be detrimental to the development of baby... your case doesn't seem like the other mummies with 1 or 2 days of problem feeding.



For condition (1), small freq feedings, medication, prop up sleeping positions, burping, thickening the milk will help. although its a physical condition, need treatment otherwise it might be come a psychological condition where the baby reject feeding for fear of vomitting. then it becomes tricky as it's hard to reverse that. luckily this condition is soemthing they will outgrow eventually but in the meantime, have to ensure adequate intake, even if it meant tube feedings. coz baby is not taking anything else other than milk for only source of nutrition plus hydration is also a concern since baby is vommiting the feeds.



sorry for the long post but i can totally understand the anxiety you are going through... persevere.. dun hold back medical attention for fear of this or that...even if it meant hospitalisation as you are dealing with it to the best of your efforts.



hugs, best of luck and hope your baby gets better!

 
Gg to bring my boy c pd now, he's been having difficulty drinking his milk, but this morning got worse, totally refuse to drink his milk, my mum say it's oral thrush, but I read fr Internet tt if it's oral thrush he will even refuse his pacifier. There seems to be a white patch on his gums but i dun dare to try to wipe. Any mummies got experience like tt?

 
Now I already started doing oral care for my boy. I bought the oral tissue wipe to wipe his tongue, gums and inner cheek every morning. Just like how we brush teeth in the morning like that. Maybe I quite KS ba.

 
Kepsis,



I posted earlier, my baby also faced exactly the same condition last week. She refused to drink the whole night till the next morning, so being worried, I went to see PD straight away. And yes, it's due to oral thrush. In the meantime she refused to drink, I used a syringe to feed her. She will wail still but no choice. I cleaned her tongue thoroughly now and giving her plain water really helps. You can try. I know how you feel. I actually cried cos it's so heartpain seeing her not feeding! It will go away in a few days, but u'd have to bear with it k. Be strong.



Ann: Do these wipes work? Does ur boy cry when u clean his tongue with that? Cos i use damp cloth and my bb wails everytime we clean her mouth. And my parents not happy everytime hubby and i clean her tongue. So we do it not in their sight.

 
kepsis,

just use the hankie to rub on their tongue during bathing time everyday can prevent this....if bb no wana open mouth then u can get a liquid (sweet sweet taste from med shop....juz tell them it's for cleaning off bb's milk stains in mouth) then bb will b happy to open mouth big big let u clean

 
Ann,

ya, i also wanna know whether those wipes work? cos i'm also contemplating. the wipes comes in light green packaging, with a baby on it? i saw it at guardian. also there's an ongoing BP. i'm trying to sell the idea to my mom to clean bb's gums but she's reluctant, says bb's gums still soft



fazzy,

i clean my bb's tongue using gauze and cool boiled water. she's ok now. initially she'll try to avoid by moving her head vigourously, clamped her mouth and cried but now she's use to it and will open her mouth willingly

 
Ladies,



Where can i buy infant hairband for my girl? I want it urgently... so prefer to buy from shops...

 
Fazzy: My boy dun really cry all the time, only at times when he get irritated with me. Haha!! But normally when I clean his mouth, I will do it like a game so that he will enjoy it more than afraid of it. The wipes seem quite ok to me.



ica: Yup, that's the one. Ya.. BB's gum still soft but doesn't mean bacteria don't live on it. If we dun protect their gum now, how can the gum be strong enough to hold the teeth properly? So I believe in starting oral care early. I brought a pack to my in law house but have not taught them how to use yet. The maid thought that it is for cleaning backside.. haha!! Luckily she never open yet. She seem me cleaning boy once at my own house, so she now know what it is for.

 
Ann,

thanks! ok, will run the idea by my mom again. i googled and they all say must start even before the 1st tooth is out

 
Ica: Ya lo.. oral care must start as early as possible. Don't wan my BB teeth to be like mine.. got bugs bunny teeth. Hehe!!

 
http://picasaweb.google.com/107435811188765719302/MummyBabyStuffs#

dear mummies, sorry to disturb.

i've alr delivered my gal & looking to clear the abv items. hope mummies can find them of interest to u.



pls refer to abv link for related pics & descriptions. all items are described to the best of my knowledge. items u see in the provided link are all up for grabs (except for those that have been RESERVED), items once SOLD will be removed from the link.



if keen, pls SMS to 96495528 for fast deal. pls do NOT leave PM or postings in the forum as i'm unable to keep track of them. calls from unknown nos. will not be entertained.



thanks!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Ann: ya lor. my teeth on my lower gums badly aligned coz small gums cannot accomodate all teeth. thot of wearing braces but the idea of pulling out 2 teeth is putting me off. i did an xray recently and found out i've a hidden tooth on my upper gum! but when i run my tongue on my gum, i can't feel it. injections on my body, i'm ok with that but on my gums i don't like

 
Eliss: I think I saw bb hairbands at Kiddy Palace. U can check it out.



Cleaning bb mouth: I used the same method as ica - gauze & cool boiled water. Have to play and coaxed him to open his mouth. He may make some noise, but generally quite Ok with it.

 


sillyphy & ica >> the symptoms u girls described are somewhat similar le...maybe it's eczema...aiyo.



We didn't see PD for that to take cream for that. Maybe i try to get the Gaia soothing cream 1st.



BTW, any idea if I took panadol 5mins prior to pumping, is the BM safe to consume by my BB?

 

Back
Top