(2010/07) July 2010 MTB


Jastine: Haha!! After reading your post, I am quite sure it's you le. So conincidental. Meet 2 July mummies. Haha!! After swim, my boy knock out liao.. but never sleep long. Fed him milk in the car and then go my uncle's place and play. Come home and koon liao. I thought swimming sure very tired one.



Jonas: It is ok. You will get use to it very soon.

 
cheese: my girl going babysitter's house tmr! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] But planning to put her there half day as I haven't go back to work. Will slowly help her adapt to new environment. :D I so scared she cry and want mummy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]



Ann: ya..so qiao... =D How long did ur boy swim?



My girl now sleeping le, hopefully the swim can help her sleep through the night! *haha*

 
Jastine: My boy swim 15mins lo.. the staff say first swim try not to exceed 15mins. Yours also about there right? Maybe next time round let him swim for 30mins. Haha!!

 
Jastine,

Not tired ah? Hmmm... maybe my girl poo-poo just before the swim so no energy after that, maybe that was why she cried. Aiya, whatever the reason, will take her back again since signed up the package. Want her not dislike swimming coz mommy can't really swim. Fish out of water



Cheese,

Dun be sad le. U still get to see baby everyday. Some ppl I know, they work in spore but babies are left in the care of grandparents back in msia. They only see the babies once a wk, at most. All becos they want better lives for the babies



I just got news from my aunty in my hometown in msia that my friend's 8 mth old baby died due to suffocation, facing downwards in his cot. So sad [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so we must be vigilant

 
ica: Oh no.. 8 mths old.. but I thought by that time they can adjust on their own liao. That why I always get up to check on baby at night. Quite tiring but at least I know he is ok. Even daytime, he sleep in the room on my bed, i also go in alot of time to check on him. Or sit down next to him.

 
ica: ya lor..my girl not tired.. must be too fat le... so 15 min swim is nothing to her. *HAHAHA* :p



Oh man..so sad [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i never let my girl sleep facing down at night. Only afternoon naps when I'm watching over her then I let her sleep facing down.

 
Ann,

Ya lor but some things happen which cannot be explained. Sad right? I've not seen the baby but heard that he was very cute. The wife is in a state of shock



Before I got pregnant I could sleep like the dead and hubby was the light sleeper. Now that baby's out, it's the other way round. Ya, I also get up a few times a nite to see how my baby's doing. U know, before her full month, some nights I even put my finger under her nose to feel her breathing, just to be sure! This, I never tell my mom or hubby, else they will say I think nonsense

 
ica: I can't feel pple's breathing one leh... so even when i put my finger under my girl's nose, i can't feel anything. So I resort to poking her and see if she got reaction. :p a bit bad to disturb her sleep but i scared she die :p but now, she breath so heavily that her chest will move, so I just watch out for chest movement. :D

 
ica: Same thing here.. sometime when I see his body so still like no breathing like that, i would hold my breathe and bring my face nearer.. when I feel him breathe then I heave a sign of relief. I also dun dare to tell pple.. i also scared they say me crazy or scold me for spurting nonsense.

 
Jastine,

No, the baby wasn't put to sleep facing down. The baby turned and couldn't or didn't turn back up



Sometimes life can be cruel. There was also a case in my hometown, happened 30yrs ago which my mum related to me- the baby died on his full month celebration day. This case, the mom employed 2 CLs, one to look after her, the other solely for the baby. On that day, everyone was busy with the preparations. Bb was put to sleep on her tummy (the mother actually wanted it that way), then bb's CL went to take her bath. the mom came into the room to show baby to the guests and saw bb was facing down, not moving. She ran to the bb but bb was lifeless oredi. The mother screamed and screamed

 
Jastine, Ann,

So I'm not the only mommy like that! Haha! Being a mommy has so many worries and fears. But having said that, we must always look on the bright side and not worry too much. I mean, worry but not over do it

 
Talking about been crazy or thinking nonsense, during the swimming session, I was so scared that the float will give way and my girl will drown! :p And the floor was quite wet, so scared that i will slip and fall while carrying baby! :p



I guess as mummies, we will always be worried for our precious baby :p

 
Keropi, I am staying at 32nd floor. Next time can meet up[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I will checkout the infant care centre. Thanks.



Justine, I bought the 80x80cm swimming tub with float. There is one 90x70cm which an adult can go in with a kid.

A lot of water is used so I make sure I will recycle the water. Otherwise really wasteful.

 
Hmm...seems like a nice experience to bring bb to Hwa Xia.



Ann: gathering on 10th after the lunch, u all will bring bb for a swim? If yes I try to make it after the wedding brunch



I just come back from my mum side lor, leaving bb in her care cos I'm going back to WORK tmr... My mum ask me to put bb there then weekends bring her home as I often got to work late. I scared cannot tahan every day will still want bring her home lor... No bb to sleep beside me today and tmr going to be a looooong day at work... Argh...

 
sito,

other then the hidding in toilet in the morning napping, she ok with hsework n looking after bb? if yes then close eyes lor

my maid oso got laze ard at times like watching tv w us, sleeping till 6plus where she supposed to wake up 6am etc....but overall she still not too bad as she really love n pampers my kids so give n take lor coz changing another might not b as good as her

That our thinking lah....





i've got a swimming tub for bb for loan...pm me for those interested $10 for 1wk for those in this thread

 
Nice to cya today Ann!



Anyway comparing Plaza Sin & Northpoint, I enjoyed PS more. Northpoint got too many ppl and not enough staff to help out. Jastine & Ann, they serve u guys well maybe cos u haven sign the package. AS i already got the package, they din really chap us lor. Just my thought. Maybe u all can try put PS next time. For the big tub, max 4 babies can be put in. We shld arrange n meet up one day n let them swim together. Guess it will be more fun!



By the way, I went AMK Hub NTUC today and manage to buy flash cards for Enzo. Cost only $6.90 each. They are also selling some simple books at $1 each. Can go take a look if u mummies are interested.

 
Kepsis - i also run out of bottles liao...plus I broke three glass ones... so I went to buy 3 5 oz BPA storage bottles from kiddypalace... still not enuf, was thinking if I should buy somemore!

 
swimming



Isn't it fun to watch our little ones swim in the tub? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I'm sure the expression on their faces must be priceless!



Well, we too, took our kids to swimming on Sunday.. but, we went to a swimming pool instead. Haha, when baby was carried into the pool, he cried in shock coz water a bit cold..



I carried him ard then slowly lower him into water. After a while he was fine so I put neck float ard his neck.. so fun to see him swim unaided (except the float).



Going to take him swimming at friend's place more often now.. think will not buy the tub le.. just go swimming pool on hot sunny day..

 
Kepsis, Eliss,

I've lansinoh milkbags 50 and snappies milk containers 2.3oz. Bought them in advance thinking I've lots of EBM to store but that dream didn't materialize. PM me if interested

 
Sito: I am going with hubby to Taiwan too. To ensure we will be determined to go, I’ve already booked the air tickets and hotel =P We are just going for 1 week to Taipei & Hualian.



Suntan: Yes I would be bringing my pump along. But I will probably get a manual one (likely Medela Harmony) so that it’s easier to carry around. I am only going for holiday after bb turn 6 months so by then wouldn’t need to pump so often. Last time I used to pump 8-9 times a day but now I only pump 5 times a day. When back to work next month will only pump 4 times a day. Like Jaclyn, most likely I will pump & dump. Nevertheless, this link has very good info on how to bring EBM back if you are going overseas. http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/1229201.html?1238563853



Keropi: Yup I’ve already been using the swim tub. I think noknok also got the same one and she used it a few times already. I like it as it’s easy to set up, no need to pump at all, just slot the poles ard the rim. And it’s semi transparent so you can see bb’s leg kicking under the water. The plastic is embedded with checker thread so looks very durable. But with all swim tub, you will need to use a lot of water. We fill the tub to around half full and we spent ard 1 week to finish using the water haha.. But just nice cos we usually let bb swim once a week.



Ica, Jastine & Ann: same here. Last time I was the deep sleeper n my hubby the light sleeper. Now it’s the other way round. I’ve never let my bb sleep face down cos I m very afraid of SIDS. Even so, every time he sleep so soundly that he never move, I will go and feel if he’s still breathing. I also never tell my family about this. Basically from the first moment I saw him when he’s still an embryo through ultrasound, I’ve never stop worrying about him.



Quartzie: It’s really not easy going back to work. Me now thinking whether want to take no-pay leave to extend my leave to 6 months. For my case, I’ll put at my MIL place and bring bb home every night. Even though will be tired, but I really want to spend more time with bb esp after not seeing him for the whole day. When I was young, my parents leave me in the care of my granny and I go home only during weekend. Hence I kinda understand that as children, we really need our parents to spend more time with us.



Nursing bra: I ordered my nursing bra from this BP http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4532335.html?1285135407 . It has underwire for better support so decided to give it a try. Have yet to receive the item. If good I’ll recommend.



Milk bag: I’ve tried “The first years”, “lansinoh” & “GnMA”. Think Lansinoh is the best to use. Got my milk bag from here http://lovegreeneumma.blogspot.com/

 
Eliss: wah u start working aldy n u still manage to maintain ur supply? I been expressing every 3 to 4 hrs cos worried tt my supply will drop when I'm back to work so now can store I just try to store as much as possible. But now storage is also a problem, been fighting with my mum for freezer space, ha ha... How much u bought the bottles? Glass ones? Y dun u get used bottles fr hospitals? Just need to buy the caps fr pharmacy at 76 cents each, tt is e cheapest option I found so far other den using milk bags, n e bottles can reuse so long term I guess it's still a cheaper option.

 
holiday



We too, are going on a holiday in Dec. We're bringing along our kids. Can't bear not to.. so usually we take the kid(#1 then) when we travelled. This time rd taking #2 as well.



Going to be a big group coz my aunt and her family, my 3 sisters, my mum and my little nephew will be following us.. haha, gotta rent 2 mpvs.

 
Ica, Jastine, Ann & Irene - Haha i still thought I'm too panicky cos when I can't see his breathing - I will place my hand lightly on his body to feel it just to make sure he is breathing.. he also love to sleep by his side & there's once he actually flap to sleep on his tummy after that day i will check on him diligently - so scare of the SIDS...



IFC - Just brought my son to IFC... now at home nothing to do so bored... missing him so MUCH... when taking care of him - always rushing with time now he's not around - so much time but dun feel like doing anything... hai..yah..



Travelling - only think of going to HK next yr with bb when he's 1+ at least can bring him to Disneyland & we also can shop..haha ...cos i know if i leave him alone in Spore i surely will miss him alot & cant enjoy..

 
Kepsis - you mean go back to hospital to request the glass bottles from them? erm - nvr thought of it and paiseh leh...



The milk bottles i bought 3 for $15, not cheap. i think I saw a cheaper option 8 (5oz) at $12.00 but I forgot where I saw it...



Freezer - I bought a solo freezer when my girl was 2 months, also filling up liaoz... chiam...



Supply did not dropped when I back at home cuz I am still pumping every 3-4 hours...



holiday - Hb and I may be going on road trip to Msia with Keila for a weekend before we go Phuket with Keila and PIL... Anyone wanna go together? keke thinking either Malacca or Genting...

 
Keropi- i just send my son to IFC too! going to fetch him at 2pm... yalo.. done my things liao.. nth to do much le.. missing him so much...



now my house so quiet.. me alone only...

 
Eliss - same thought too.... thought of going to genting before going to HK next year.. but i'm thinking of going in Mar next year...

 
cheese/keropi - go and peak how your little one is doing... then go window shop a bit, to kill time or simply nap lo

 
yalo eliss, i wanna go bath then i go see wat he is doing.. didnt noe that there is a little window to see how infant bb is doing...

 
Sito, Irene: I'm gg taiwan with hubby too! *haha* gg this december for abt 1 week to rejuvenate ba. The past few weeks have been quarreling with hubby a lot over baby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] quite stressful...hopefully a holiday can brighten up our relationship :p



keropi, Cheese: U guys so good got infant care... I didn't manage to get so putting my girl at babysitter. Going to put her there later at about 1pm. Did ur babies cry when u put her/him at the ifc?



Swimming:

finally uploaded my girl swimming video, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6rQp0b-hRM



=D

 
Jastine, my boy smiled @ the teacher in charge still.. he just wake up not long ago.. still good mood..



I saw the video! megan so sweet~ and she seems to be enjoying~ keke...

 
Jastine - that's also pro for having a babysitter.. eg: if we are sick can ask the babysitter to look after for a day or two.. however for IFC u have to look after yourself even if u are sick... initially we wanted to put him with babysitter that is near my place whom is my friend's aunt but she currently looking after someone already so we drop the idea.. cos if we dun know the person I kind of feel not so safe..at least in IFC that's many pairs of eyes looking.. so the teacher also dun dare to do anything funny... hhaha

 
phy,

I was thinking of bringing my boy to the normal swimming pool too instead of gg for the spa tub, but some mommies advise that its best to wait till after bb has taken all the jabs first. Is it necessary? Cos everyday i see the pool downstairs, i am ssssoo tempted to bring him down! Hahah

 
Mommies!! i have a brand new Kate Spade Thompson Street Stevie Silver Bag (diaper bag) with blue changing mat for sale~! I bought a diaper bag online frm kate spade but cos i never received any confirmation from them, i thought the transaction didnt go through (cos i also checked my CC and it wasnt charged). So i went to get one from a spree here and just found out that kate spade.com charged n sent me the bag a full week after i actually placed my order.



So now i have 2 diaper bags! Want to sell 1 of them.. will sell the one i got frm the spree.



Bought at $368 will sell for $340 including free delivery to ur house or anywhere convenient! Let me know if want [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4565950.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4565951.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4565952.jpg]

 
Hey mummies.



I have make a booking at Mayim. They only have 1.30pm. So do note the slight change in timing.



Also to note that the table is only big enough for 3 strollers. If we have more strollers, we have to split into two tables. Do let me know who is bringing strollers.



Thanks.



North Mummies Lunch/Tea Gathering



Date: 10th Oct, Sunday

Venue: Mayim Chinese Cuisine, Northpoint

Time: 1.30pm



Attendees (8 pax):

1)Annie

2)Jastine

3)Keer13

4)Fanny

5)vivi

6)Sito x 3

 
quartzie: I am not sure if the rest of the mummies will be bringing their babies to swim after meetup. But I will cause since sign package le.. must use every week. Wait till he is 6mths old, I will bring him to swimming pool le. Hehe!!



Jaclyn: Ah!! I just bought my KS baby bag last Saturday at Raffles City Shopping Mall cause if got DBS Black Amex card, got 10% discount. Was using hubby as my carrot. Haha!!

 
Suika

My maid came 2months plus already,that means I stand her nonsense for this long..



The 2nd day of work my maid apply red lipstick and makeup at home,I almost fainted!

Den 3rd day, she took 1 hour afternoon nap in the bedroom and everyday sleep 7pm-8pm like she's the boss.. Everyday wake up late about 7am after that will sleep on the sofa or sit on the kitchen floor to sleep, until we ban her den she start sleeping in the toilet! Terrible maid!

 
sun_tan,



think the best is after 6 mths old. but the best is to bring bb to swim before 16 weeks as they might forgot hw to swim if after 16 weeks. --> according to books ah.

 
jastine: Your girl swim so gentle. At first I thought my boy will swim the same way as your girl but no lo. You should see my boy.. swim like a gozilla. Splashing water onto my face when i get too close and also on his own face.



Eliss: I would have wanted to go with you but I am sure my in law side will shake their heads very vigorously. Haha!!

 

Eliss: My FIL would love to.. but he only listen to MIL.. MIL sure say no one. Haha!! My MIL is quite ok one.. just when it comes to travelling overseas, she is not agreeable for now.

 

Back
Top