(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Suntan,

Err.. I didn't check leh.. haha we just went! Now that u mentioned, I think I'd better wait.



Gonna rent the swim tub from Suika to try at home [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 


what a weather! Threatened to open up thus I abandoned my plan to take #1 to the library.. Guess what now? The sky is bright and cheerful again! Argg....

 
Ann,

Saw the video clip on FB [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Seems like Kayden enjoys being in the water.

 
Jastine, Ann ur babies sooo cute lor hahahha wonder they look like that in our womb not [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Its my first day of work, clear email already take a day liao...



My mum taking care of my baby, send me MMS photos of bb say motivate me at work but doesn't work. In fact it makes me want RUSH home bao bao her!



Irene: If my boss allows hee i don't mind taking no pay leave too but my boss indirectly ask me take 3 mths enough le lor...

 
Hi mummies



I'm a MTB in Mar 2011... I'm looking to engaged a CL (Confinement Lady)... If you do have a good one to recommend, kindly PM me! Thanks alot for your help =)

 
i also want to share Hannah's 1st swim video clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Gjb7w_lxo



Jastine,

you said your girl is fat, but in the video she looks so cute, not fat at all. if you consider yours fat, look at mine. i'm beginning to call her Ms Michelin (after the michelin man) and thunder thighs! hahaha!



Ann, jastine,

your babies have really nice features [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Eliss: thanks!!! Will go check it out.



Ergo carrier: any mummies here using the ergo carrier n infant insert? I have no idea how I should place my boy's legs when using the infant insert.

 
Ann: ur boy so cute! I took a glance of ur boy swimming before i left the babyspa too :p



ica: Ur hannah seems quite scared at first hor...like dun dare to move. *keke* so cute!

 
Sito: Mine too. Very little. 1hour considered lucky.. he will wake up at the slightest sound in the afternoon. HOwever night time he sleeps very well and only wake up once for milk

 
Hi mummies, havent logged in for a long time. Am battling with baby and bottle now, coz baby's too used to direct latching, she's refusing all the diff bottles and teats we've bought. Have been explaining to my mom that she needs to do the bottle feeding and not me, but I'm the one who gets nagged at for 'trying to teach the old'. She insists I train the baby with bottle feeding. Am so stressed out, and work starts on 18th Oct!

 
Sito: Mine too.. he sleeps little during the daytime but this is good. Then he can sleep longer at night. That's why during weekend, I will bring him out lo. Then he can see alot and meet more pple.



ica: Your baby look so cute.. so afraid to move. Maybe scare water splash onto her pretty face then not nice le. And also must be gentle. Haha!!



Jastine: Ya lo.. your girl not fat la. Dun say her like that. Hehe!!



sillyhp: Ya.. he seems to enjoy alot. That's why decided to sign up the package there.





Hey.. anyone intending to bring their babies to try out at Hwa Xia? If yes, I have the $10 discount voucher. Valid till end october. So don't wanna waste it.



For those who do not have the voucher, can click on this link to print the voucher but only $8 discount. Also only valid for October nia. http://www.**************/news.asp?id=341

 
10 Oct Gathering:

Most prob I won't be bringing my girl to the swim but will be bringing her to eat lunch [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] still thinking if I should be stroller but most prob won't. Will be using my baby sling.



Sleeping:

My girl sleeps for short periods of time in the day. Max 1hr. She's quite active in the day, always wants to play with mummy.



Babysitter:

First day at babysitter today. When I went to pick her up she seems quite weird, awfully quiet. :p Then when I ask the babysitter about how my girl behave, babysitter said she cry for 1hr+/cry until sleep [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Then I realised she only drink 50mL of milk during her stay there (1pm-6pm)!!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] normally she will drink every 1.5-2hr, each time ard 80mL, now she only drink 50mL in 5hrs!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] *heart pain* Came back home, my hubby commented she looks so happy to see us...then i BF her and then i bottle feed her 80mL of BM. Now she's sound asleep.



Keropi, cheese: ur babies got experience all these when put in infant care?!?! My hubby and I now dun feel like putting our girl at babysitter le [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] tmr i shall go search for ifc :p

 
jastine,



i put my bb at babysitter too...*touch wood*...so far so good...in fact babysitter did a good job of getting rid of my boy's milk rash...is ur babysitter in bishan?

 
Vernie: yap, babysitter in Bishan, a friend of my mum's friend. Maybe my girl is not used to the place, will monitor for this month. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so heartpain to see her acting weirdly when I bring her back home. My hubby also say he heartpain. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]



valerie: I don't swaddle my girl since 1st month cause she will always kick kick kick until she's free from the swaddle. I guess she's hot so we don't swaddle her. My girl even kicks blanket away in aircon room at night! :p think her body fat too thick le...so she feels hot. :p

 
hi ha.. havent log on for a long time le.

I'm so envious of you ladies with chubby baby! My bb is underweight! Even doc dun want to tell me the percentile. Ever since her serious reflux prob.. my bb now refused to drink milk. Very heartache. Last week she only drank 500ml in a day (and vomitted abt half of the feed) and the following day she drank only 195ml! I duno what to do so brought her to the PD and was prescibed the same medicine and the usual phrase "monitor for 2weeks"! I'm utterly disappointed with all the Pd visits coz my gal is more than 3 mths le and her condition only got worse.. I ve never come across underweight bb..and it happened to be mine! sobzz..



Btw how much do your bb drink huh? My bb milk intake drops n drops. Now her stomach cannot hold more than 3 oz.. she more than 3mths le but each time if i managed to feed her.. it is usually 1-2oz only. She rather go hungry than to drink milk. And each feeding session is a big battle.. She cried n wailed so much. What can i do and what must i do to make my bb drink her milk?

 
Jastine: My babysitter also in Bishan. Yeah, monitor for this month first. For some reason my bb will take afternoon at the babysitter's place. When I bring him home for the weekend, he refused to nap in the day! Only want to play, then get cranky when tired but refuse to sleep. Think he bullies daddy & mummy lar! Luckily he sleeps at night, thank god...

 
AK: actually my girl although she's fat..ops..chubby :p she also quite a small eater. Her stomach also quite small, cannot hold more than 3-4 oz kind. When I bottle feed her, I will prepare about 80-90mL of BM to feed her. She seldom finish everything, will always leave abt 10mL behind. Only sometimes she will still be hungry, then I will latch her.



Got once I try to "force" feed her 100+mL, she vomitted like merlion!!! That scare the hell out of me man! So I don't dare to force her anymore. :p



Anyway, maybe can see a specialist? Cause PDs are generally quite general?? They only deal with normal bb sickness like flu, cough etc right? So maybe they not skilled enough to handle ur bb's situation?



Dun be discourage. JIAYOUz!!

 
Jastine: today when i go & fetch him - he's still sleeping...but based on the log book...he drink & sleep as usual.. think sleep even more maybe cos is in aircon room...

 
Vernie: Ur babysitter in bishan too! She wanna look after 1 more? :p *keke* maybe ur boy and my girl can play! :p hm...that doesn't sound right but..ya...*haha*



Actually I kinda regret putting my girl at this current babysitter. My hubby and I went to see her place b4, its 3-room, very small, but we didn't really look around. Then today when I went over and I went into the rooms, I realised that the living condition like quite bad. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Things are cluttered together, minimum space to walk, no air con. :p oh man... how how how? :p I pay her the money for this month le [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] a bit too late to back out right? *sigh*

 
Valerie - I stop swaddle my boy since he's one mth old cos he doesn't like it..



AK - my friend's son had reflux problem when he's young too & was told that she got to feed him more regular but in smaller amt... maybe u can try this method...

 
Jastine: Haha! Sekali my boy bully your girl how? My babysitter only wants to look after 1 bb. Her place also got a lot of things but cleanliness is ok. Personality wise, she is ok too. Kind, gentle, motherly type which i like. So I placed my boy with her. I "interviewed" another babysitter before (even nearer to my block), but didn't really like her personality though her house is much bigger and spacious. So have to give and take lor...

 
AK: don worry. when my #1 was around 3 mth, she still drinking around 60ml, even the nurse at polyclinic also comment she is small, but overall it ok.

IFC: My bb start gg to IFC last mth 20th, so far so gd, i did tell them what is his pattern is like, till now he want to be wrap. when i wrapped him, he will sleep longer. @ IFC, they manage to drag his feed to every 3hrs, else he will be drinking 150ml every 2hr, wonder will i overfeed him. 1st day @ IFC, he did cry a lot. so after 2 wk, right now he is much better.

 
Vivi: u dun wanna keep it for urself? I find the via cups quite useful, can store food for bb next time n it is stackable too, so save space in the fridge. But it leaks thou so gotta keep it upright. But if u really no use I want I want! Hee Hee. Let me know u stay ard which area.

 
Ak: ya maybe u shld consult specialist instead? My boy also eating less recently, when he was ard week 5 to week 7 he was feeding abt 800 to 900 ml, but suddenly nw ard wk 8 I hv to struggle to feed him 600+ ml everyday. Am beginning to worry also.

 
Gathering: when u all go out for gathering do u all put bb in stroller or carry them in carrier or by hand? Cos I no stroller so wonder how u all bring bb out for gathering?

 
Kepsis, if i got companion then I bring stroller otherwise I carry by hand. I don't really know how to use a carrier or sling. Tried carrier once but bb like not comfortable n cry before I even reach the doorstep... More confident by hands and haha training my arm fats away!



Valerie, I stop swaddling like a week ago cos it's like reali too hot for her though I on aircon

 
AK: I think your baby is just scared of reflux ba. Maybe give her little but then feed hourly instead. My mum also do that to my boy when he "hong sim" & wanna play more than he eats.



Sito: Sure. I will bring the voucher for you. Going swimming after gathering? Hehe!!



kepsis: if i don't have hubby driving me, i hand carry my baby. Going to buy a good carrier soon. When hubby ard, will bring stroller.

 
kepsis,

ohh not using them cos freezer no space for them. i used milk bags for easy storage.





i still hv some. infact, i jus threw abt 60cups away which i used 4 yrs ago. mostly new but i cant differentiate so threw away.





im staying at woodlands and will go to jurong west every day. U going to the gathering on the 10th? i can pass to u tat day.

 
ann,



me bringing stroller . im a messy eater. dun wanna spill food and drinks on bb. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
ak,



my boy drinks very little on weekends. he can latch a while and sleep for 3hrs and the last latch is at 8pm and he sucks for <10mins and koonz till the next am and i have to wake him up at 7am to drink but he drink 5min and koonz again.



but during weekdays, he can drink abt 480-600 ml during the day. think her intake will up when some1 take over when u go back to work .

 
Jastine, Ann,

Ya lor, Hannah looked so scared - like a kitten thrown into water. At least a kitten will start splashing the moment it’s in the water, right? Hannah was like a bit dazed…kekeke!



Jastine,

The way you described your daughter and Vernie’s son playing together- very funny! LOL



Valerie,

My baby has not been swaddled to sleep at night since she was 2 months. Now she wears long pants to sleep coz the aircond is on and she likes to kick her blanket away - in case she gets cold



AK,

So sad to hear about your baby’s reflux. Thot she was doing ok by now, since you seldom post. Do you think it could be GERD, and not just normal reflux? Ya, advisable to check it out with a gastroenterologist perhaps? Since it’s to do with the stomach and digestive system

 
morning ladies!!



mi back to work liao but computer dwn so now using a temp computer which can't do anything except surfing net....mi so bored!! the system very slow

 
suika,

that's so fun - a computer that can only be used to surf the net. hehehe! but no software loaded in it?

 
Hi all,



AK, some time last week, my bb refused to feed the whole day! Brought her to PD, but of course PD cannot pinpoint the source of problem. Only asked me to monitor and if it continues, to bring to the hospital (which I dun wan!)



I fed her through syringe for the next day. SHe also wailed during feeds. I found out the cause is her oral thrush. Cleaned her tongue more regularly and fed her with much plain water. I also fed her when she's asleep (that's when she doesn't realise what's happening). Maybe u'd want to try that. SHe started to feed back on her own, and slowly the volume of feeds went back to normal.



Dun despair, AK. I believe every baby will have his or her own sets of problems. As long as your baby does not appear weak and losing weight drastically, i'm sure bb is still ok. But of course, i understand as a mum, we cant help but worry, esp wrt feeds.



Northpoint gathering: Can I just drop by and say hi to all the mummies and babies on SUnday? I cant stay long. Have a wedding to attend. But would love to meet all of u!

I also realised it doesn't matter how much a baby takes at one feed, cos some babies take in less but more frequent to those who take in more at one go. I continued to monitor her feeds closely but now I just let her drink as and when she wants to.

 
Suika, i hope my computer like yours lor can surf net only hee [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Yesterday my 1st day back to work and i forgot all my password lo have to keep going to my IT hahhaa

 
My bb went for 2nd dose 5 in 1 and rotavirus today, weigh 6.2kg and 63cm, Pd said weight putting abit slow but height is ok,so got to feed more.





My bb lower teeth on the right is showing think that's why she very cranky nowadays gums painful and don't sleep well

 
ICA: I seldom post these days coz busy battling with my gal leh .. btw wats GERD? I tried every means liao.. really exhausted n cant help feeling despair. Am trying to use syringe to slowly feed. I tell myself.. drinking more one mouth is beter than nothing at all...



kepsis : Yes.. got bring bb to see several specialists n pd le.. I'm sick of hearing "monitor 2weeks and see how"



fazzy: your doc say if bb doesnt drink then send to hosp? Go hosp for what treatment eh?

 
Ann: U mentioned you bought a Kate Spade bag right? Which bag did you buy? Is it good, spacious?



vernie: I finally got a space in United Montessori @ Bishan st 12! I was bugging them since last month and finally there's a space! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Will be putting my girl there in November. Now got to find an excuse to tell babysitter :p



keropi: That's why I like abt ifc, got logbook etc, more systematic :p The ifc my girl is gg got no air con. Also good la, later she used to sleeping air con then come back must sleep air con then my utility bill will be damn ex. *haha*

 
AK: If bb really doesn't feed AT ALL, then have to go on drip already at the hospital. That's why I dun want! But my colleaue faced this problem before. Her kid was put on drip while doc tried sourcing the problem. In the edn, still cannot trace the problem and bb went back to feed on his own after a couple of days.



Jastine: I know u asked Ann the question on KS bag, but can i just share my comment? I am using a KS henry diaper bag, the big one. It's just big and u actually dump everything inside. I bought a baby bag organiser to put inside the bag. On the other hand, my hubby also has a diaper bag, which is the Allerhand backpack. I find the Allerhand bag super organised and no matter how much things u put inside, it still is so compact and light. Whereas my baby bag looks so overfilled and big. This is just my opinion. Maybe I didn't pack properly? haha

 
fazzy: I was thinking of getting a Kate Spade stevie bag. Cause it looks pretty nice and organised. ;P Is the Allerhand bag expensive? Where did you get it?

 


afternn mummies,

i might be bringing my boy to Hwa Xia Baby Spa this weekend...

But i am not sure which branch to bring.. LOL~~ yishun or PS.. :p any advise??

This will be my boy 1st time to swimming lorz... not sure what is his re-action... lol~~

 

Back
Top