(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

dq

am thinking if i shd move closer... will text allison soon and also, will hv 2 let my masseur know this week dun come n give me back rub in case i go into labour after the message!



rabbit

this is wk 34 for me...

 


jo_lyn,

oic..glad u enjoyed yr photoshoot..



yes, i got the bee. got it when it first arrived in SGP..for my number 1. its a good stroller, i love the wheels, super. only prob is when going up escalator, u got to hold on tight..hahah..

u got the plus, cool! its upgraded version loh, wider seat. actually i got an aprica previously, and the aprica is also not cheap, but its so filmsy. so i sold it off to get the bee. dont care what pple say.. we have the right to get what we want.



if really want cheap and reasonable, then i recommend mclaren. i got a volo too, simple one when we go holiday or short distance.



as for the maxi cosi, i told u i itchy backside lah. technically no need to buy cos bee can sit from newborn. but i dont like the idea to carry bb up and down when bb sleep, so hence the maxi cosi. that's why i was hunting for a second hand one. anyway can sell after that.



sorry for long post mummies..

 
Jo-Lyn, Grace >> Hey we all got Bugaboos! I got the Bee tho. Also got the maxi cosi coz I think it'll fit baby better. Can't wait to roll him around in it = )

 
jelly: i tink u shd try to reschedule ur PS to this wk or early next wk.. dun wait till 26th. honestly, u nva kno...

but in the meantime, take good rest. wats ur gynae's advice?

 
DQ: Waah help us send our regards to Chloe! so happy for her!



jellypurin: 1cm dilate does that mean you will go to labour soon? Waah better start your ML and rest at home!

 
dq

gyn ask me take medicine in case i go into labour since my BH is getting quite strong and at certan times of the day, it is v consistent and regular.



yeah, will take ur advice to call allison soon



jaclyn

my gyn dun want me to go into labour at all that's why she kept asking me to take the medication... she wants to keep bb in tummy for a few more weeks for his own good...

 
Jelly: Yeah, your gynae is right, should try to keep bb in tummy for a few more weeks. U take care yah.. Really, try not to walk too much now..



DQ: Good to hear from you! Hope that you are feeling better and oh yah! Congrats Chloe for us! Tell her July mummies here are all very happy for her! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Grace >> Mine's yellow but i've changed the cover to the UV protection one so it's silver now.



DQ >> Hey glad to have you back! Do send my regards to Chloe.



Jelly >> Rest well, dun move around too much = )



Jaclyn >> I've been pooping like 2-3 times a day this whole pregnancy but notice itz been getting runny the last few days. Abit scared to fart now coz sometimes more than air come out!



Woke up at 4am and couldn't zzz....ended buying stuff I dun need on Ebay. Oh dear, Ebay is very dangerous for my pocket!

 
rabbit : haha.. VE send wrong signal to body? Probably ba! But my gynae got warned me that VE can trigger contractions and she wont do unnecessarily esp at earlier stage. But by 36 weeks should be necessary le.



Pris : Aiyo you re shopping online while everyone is zzzz ah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Jelly : How many weeks are u and how heavy is your bb? I'm 36 weeks but bb only 2.3kg.. but my doc stopped my ventolin and said she will let nature take its own course.. although bb is smally.



Aiyo I ve been eating and eating.. & my weight is increasing but I'm not sure abt my bb lor! Cant wait for my appt on fri.. this week bb not very active and I'm constantly worried...

 
pris,

i nearly wanted to get the hot pink cover that time but didnt in the end cos it was forever out of stock. so lucky lah.. otherwise poor boy has to use red or pink..hahaha



as for poop, same goes, 1 day 2-3 times too.

u feel any contractions yet? i feel very heavy at the v area when i stand..



atomic kitten,

wat time is yr appt with Dr ang on friday? i also meeting her on friday, mayb can bump into u..heee

 
Hi Ladies,



Was up since 4am - due to heartburns - took antacid and am hoping that the yucky feeling will go away. Now I cant sleep.



I will be going for my appt this Friday. Cant wait to see my girl again - also cant wait to see her in person as opposed to seeing on screen [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Im in my 37th week now. I had my BH earlier this month and have been prescribed medicine by Gynae to control onset of early contractions.



In spite of this, I feel that baby is pressing against uterus and cough or sneeze - I tend to leak... sigh. I have been using panty liners since.



I have been monitoring baby's movements - and I feel that she has slowed down coz lack of space.



Sometimes when I stand up from a sitting position, I feel a poking feeling close to my vagina (from inside) - Im not sure what it is... then I have to sit down for a little longer and the uncomfortable feeling goes away.



Now just waiting for the baby's arrival. Going to JB today to do some very last minute shopping. Im quite bored sitting at home.



As for MIL probs - my MIL has not called me for months and did not ask me as to how I am coping etc. In my earlier stages of pregnancy, she stressed me up by suggesting some really silly things and irritating me endlessly... and when I gave her the cold shoulder she has stopped calling me. - urgh "NO REAL LOVE LOST". Im so much happier not hearing from her. Husby is very disappointed in her coz this is our first baby and MIL is behaving live a delinquent! "Suan lah"!



My main focus now is my little princess who is showing signs of her impatience to come into this world... Im so very looking forward to it.



Will update you ladies when I come back from check up this Friday.



Take care all you July mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
morn mommies



ak

me 34 weeks and bb is 2.58kg



grace

me too, been popping like no one's business and vaginal/pelvic area is damn pain at times



jaya

same here w the heartburn. it's getting fm bad to worse for me at a weekly basis. everynite after dinner, it is a struggle. let us know more abt how ur lit princess is doing

 
Morning mommies!



Grace >> Yepz, very heavy feeling from the pelvic area and my knees feel like they're gonna give way soon..haha..sure feels like I'm carrying a ton of weight on me. Baby has been very active, can see him moving around almost all the time now. Woke up arnd 5am this morning, belly was so hard it was uncomfortable. I need sleep but its getting so uncomfortable to lie down! Am 38 weeks now, gonna see gynae tom and can't wait to see baby again.



Jaya >> Happy shopping and do be careful = )

 
oh jellypurin, yours and mine quite close eh. how old is your #1 ? mine is 3 year old in Sept.



i have planned my c-section on 15 July. my gynae actually mentioned that for second time mummies, elective c-section, her patients usually discharge from hosp after 3 day 2 nite, just like normal delivery. anyone heard the same from their gynae???

 
Aisha,



I think you can enquire about the vacancies at the Infant Care Centre near your place first and I guess most prob they can reserve a place for you when you pay for the registration fees first!



That's what I did for mine...I paid around $70+ in April and told the IFC to secure a place for my baby when he is ready to be placed there around October...but the formal registration will have to be done asap once I give birth, which I think I will do it around August..after my confinement.



Good luck to you as well, if you are also looking for one gal! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Pris: wahahah we have a word for that, its not fart but shart ! =D =D Thats very dangerous do becareful!



My pelvis is hurting as well, especially when i try to turn around in bed or get out of bed to go pee (which is happening too often nowadays!!). Ouch.



Jaya: do take care dear and have fun @ JB!

 
Ladies~ have you all thought of where you want to go and eat? We should go for a super duper nice meal b4 we enter confinement. I've chosen Gyu Kaku. Their wagyu beef when charcoal grilled is to-die-for. Go persuade your hubbies to bring you out for a good good dinner before we are tied into a world of donno-can-bathe-anot, painful breasts, waking up every 2-3 hrs, heaty food, no cold drinks (ohdear) ! !

 
Pillow: i should be going for my 2nd c section soon, however i think it depends on the hospital you using? I am going to GlenE and it was stated as c section for 4D3N

 
minibean, oh is it ? i thot its determined by gynae and ourselves. i guess the hosp package is usually 4D3N by default . for my 1st csection, i stayed 4D3N too. `

 
Pris, eBay is dangerous in the middle of the night when we're up and all alone, haha. I also have sleepless nights about twice a week.



Jaya, so long never see you post. Actually prefer not to talk to my mil cos she really stresses me out with all her negative comments about my pregnancy.

 
Atomic kitten, I also find my baby not as active on some days, and don't follow her usual schedule. But so far what I've read is that it's pretty normal. But like you I'm also constantly worried.

 
Good morning ladies.



Just finish catching up with all the postings. Went chalet yesterday and ate quite abit of BBQ food. Dunno to go back today again or not. Haha!! But hubby going for golf lesson tonight.. so no one to fetch me there. All the way from Sembawang to Aloha Loyang is very far for me lei.



VE check: For me, I never have any contraction after VE check. I was put on the CTG machine to monitor any contraction for 20min but there was none.



Swap test: My gynae is not doing it for me cos he say I am 2cm dilated so no point doing the test liao. He say will treat me with antiobiotic during labour time if suspected to have infection down there. I just trust what he say lo.



Cutting of umblical cord: Never knew must inform gynae early one. But hubby seems abit like scared to cut the cord but I told him must do it. Never know when you will have the next chance to do so. Maybe only a few yrs down the road.



Jaclyn: I also thought of going to eat a good meal before my confinement. But dunno what to eat. Always wan to eat alot of things. Haha!!

 
Jaclyn,

Ya, there are so many "one last time" things to do before bb arrives, like:

- watch movie with hubby

- eat my popcorn in peace

- sleep for a whole stretch of 8 hrs

- have a nice dinner (just 2 of us) etc, etc, etc..



DQ,

Yup, do sent Chloe our regards ya.

 
Good Morning Mummies!



Cutting of umblical cord

So we can asked for our hubby to cut? Oh! I didnt know! Okie, will check with hubby if he is interested.



Maternity Leave

I am counting down now! Will start my ML soon, am working till next Friday (2 weeks before EDD) and wait for my bb's arrival. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



I am seeing my gynae today before she goes on leave till next friday.. *Finger crossed* Hopefully bb can tahan and wait till gynae is back. *Praying hard*

 
morning mummies



Jelly>> actually wait for 3 more weeks can deliver to a full-term BB oredi rite? Hopefully can "dong" till then!



Re: Emo

Yest nite got emo again...cuz home alone while HB's away on business trip. Called him last nite b4 i went to sleep so many times, nvr pick up call. Got worried, etc. Then @ 11pm+, he then call bk..say didn't hear phone rang cuz was at a pub watching World Cup with his colleagues.



Got emo & teared & 'scolded' him, say your wife here heavily pregnant, home alone...u also dunno how to take initiative to call home & check if everything's ok....watch World Cup until wife is who also dunno lar! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
re: cutting of umbilical cord



gynae will ask at that point of time.



As we are storing the cord blood, we cant cut the cord as fear of contamination.

 
Oh so if we're storing the cord blood, HB cannot cut the umbilical cord?



Anyway, the other day, jokingly asked my HB if he wants to cut....from his reaction, he doesn't seem too keen...maybe scared to cut :p

 
hmm, but we did inform our gynae that we going to donate the cord blood to public banking (ie still gg to store anyway), and he still ask if hubby wanna cut or not... but i tot no matter whether we wan to store or not, still need to cut the cord right? And the scissor that would be used would be sterilised too.



Junie,

Hope you are feeling better alr..men..they are always like that one..

 
Good morning ladies!!



Pris : Thankew [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I'm feeling happy coz tomo is my doc's appt le!Juz hope to hear that bb has grown more as I have been working very hard to eat and eat and eat liao hee



Grace: Havent seen you here for a while le! My appt is at 2pm! What time is yours? :p



Jaclyn : Thanx for the suggestion! Juz last night got one chinese prog on TV showing wagyu beef! And it looks yummy! I was at Jpot two nights ago eating their wagyu too. This weekend, my hubby and I, gonna meet some friends at some drinking places.. sian I also cannot drink.. but I will go there see got what nice food to order. These days instead of asking me to eat healthy..my hubby will keep asking me to eat steak instead.. pretty shiok. hehee



Minibean : Did u stay at Gleneagles for your #1? Juz wondering if glen also give those glass milk bottles like TMC? Btw are you going to do total breastfeed? I'm also doing C-section in gleneagles but I'm not sure if I will konked out for very long or if I can wake up to nurse bb leh.Should I tell them partial instead?



babycoco : I'm relieved to hear that... bb not active on some days and doesnt follow schedule



Mrslong : hope you're feeling better today! *hugz* It is the worldcup season and they maybe too engrossed... dun get angry with yr hubby for too long k. I am sure after last night.. he will be more sensitive or sensible liao!

 
jelly,

yah, dont know why whole day feel like pooping kind..hahaha



pris,

u also seeing gynae tomorrow? hahah looks like u are next too, since u are in yr 38th week..woo..

i have this cramp cramp menses feeling which is contractions on and off.. so see how. most prob u first...i cant wait though =p

 
atomic kitten,

yah lah, so busy at work until previous Monday.. cos have to bedrest. so i official on maternity leave since the past monday..

looks like wont catch u liao. my appt is 3.30pm....



you choose Glen E ah, i will be going back to Mount A. Had Mount A for the first one and the experience is pretty good =) when is yr c-section scheduled?

 
suntan & AK>> Yea, me ok liao...just last nite emo only. HB called me this morning & asked if I miss him or not..I jokingly said no cuz he yesterday notti boy... :p



RE: Wagyu beef

Good ones really ex. Wagyu beef really tastes nice, very different from the rest of the beef lor. Yummy!

 
Jaclyn, better eat the wagyu beef soon! singapore has stopped imports of japanese wagyu beef because of hfmd in japan i think..

 
AK,

Your gynae is in Glen E? Tmr i also gg for my gynae visit. Even though i am delivering at Mt A, but my gynae office is at Glen E.

 
Hi mommies!! Good morning!!! Just had my 36+ wk checkup. Everything seems alright [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Cutting of cord

my gynae just passed scissors to hubby and said,"Cut."

hubby just followed suit. Haha hehad no time to think!! Btw, I stored the cord blood and hubby still allowed tocut the cord

 
Pillow: i think that is the standard for c section in GlenE but if your gynae says u are good to discharged by the 3rd day, then you don't have to stay so long!



AtomicKitten: have you finalised on your c section date and are you going to use epi or GA? ya my first one was at GlenE but i had to request for the glass bottles because they are in the form of 'formula milk' and I was told that the bottles are good to be used to reheat the breastmilk which we expressed out in future.However you have to request for it becoz they are not supposed to recommend FM to babies unless mummies have problem with bfing.



The nurses will usually ask if you intend to bf total or partial. if your milk does not kick in, sometimes they will advise to FM the baby partially otherwise baby will get hungry and dehydrated!



BTW mummies, are you all going to take maternity leave on the day you delivered/c section? or a few days before that?

 
Carol, wah you intend to work till your EDD. I'll be 37 weeks this sat. Thinking of working till end of this week only. Probably work from home.



Minibean, how long was your recovery after c-section?

 
babycoco,

ya,i dun wanna to waste my ML wor..rather save more leaves for bb..

some more my mum said my stomach still very "up", might not due so soon..

heard that 1st bb usually later than edd, esp bb gal, not sure how true is it..

 
minibean, i intend to go for c-section at 38 wks so will take 3 days off before the c-section, hang around at home.



for #1, i worked right till 39wks then go for c-section.



if mummies feel well and still comfy, i rather "save" the maternity leave , rather than waste 1-2 weeks resting at home as can be quite bored. i can hardly think its an enjoyment with such a huge tummy. i rather save the leave after birth to play with the kids , slimming, re-beautifying myself ;)

 
minibean : I'm supposed to ve my C-section next weekend when I'm 38 weeks one. But coz my bb not growing so my hubby asked me to consider delivering later so that bb got more time to beef up. I'm not sure if I would like that coz my patience os running out! I want to hold bb in my arms and know that she is safe n sound! BTw.. did u choose epi or GA? I hubby prefer me to do GA...I think I would as well coz I'm a scaredy cat..

 



Back
Top