(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

jelly>> which one was it? was @ the expo yesterday... but i cant recall which brand u r referring to... i was looking for a carseat too..

ended up i bot the maxicosi one...

 


jelly>> i dun mind getting any carseats..

but i notice all abt the same px. in the 200+ range?

then we juz anyhow decide on one lor... my husby not fussy cuz he dunno how to choose. lol!!!

so he juz c the exterior... look nice can already. lol!!!

 
dq

mine abit more fussy cos it's not just exterior but must at least be able to serve my #1 until she is like 4-6yo so aiya, problem lah! haha

 
Rabbit: Ya lo.. u 7 days also cannot take it liao.. me 2 weeks, how to take it. haha!!



I think I will stay home today. Maybe tomorrow then go NTUC since me meeting the public cordblood banking officer tomorrow at Sun Plaza to sign the papers.



Hopefully I can last till 37 weeks. For my hubby, he thinks 35 weeks is good enough.

 
Ann, your hubby same as mine lor! my hubby say where got zhun zhun one.. kaoz.. he doesnt seems to understand the seriousness.. he got too many bad example around. his colleague gave birth 1 mth plus earlier.. bb weight 1.9kg. and can discharge together with the mummy.. kaoz.. -_-"



i am now week 35 + 6 days.. dying to reach week 36 safely.. at least anther safe line..

 
good morning mommies! yet another week has past! Today im 35 weeks and going to see my gynae later. Still hopeful that baby is in a right position for a 3d scan (past few weeks he has been facing inwards).



sweetkiss: omg pls take care man wat an experience.



minmin: i understand how you feel, cos we're so used to our gynae already then suddenly if replacement.. damn sian [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] .. nvm tell baby guai guai don come out so soon!



kepsis: i have been having pelvis pain for many mths already.. mine started in 2nd trimester.. then went off for awhile then now recently it came back. Its normal don worry cos your pelvis is opening up to prepare for delivery. Try to follow some steps like, don't swim breaststroke when swimming, sit down when wearing your underwear or shorts/pants, when turning in bed or getting out of car, move your two legs together and not 1 at a time.



Carseat: my stroller i bought comes with a carseat attachment. however I find it quite small and I think can only last my baby up till he is 1 yr old or so.



Anyone set up cot yet? My cot coming on 14th June even though I bought it in march. So excited... the time is near!!!

 
jelly>> i tot fr 4yo can use booster seat already?



ann>> how r u?? still on HL? take care leh~



rabbit>> r u on leave yet? since its pretty near to ur edd...



jaclyn>> tink the maxicosi attachment for ur quinny can only last till 1yo. then needa get another carseat.

my cot's not here yet.... i also ordered in march bb fair. the uncle said delivering late jun.

but i dun care lah.. since im stayin @ my mum's durin confinement. the cot can come lata, since i'll b usin the playpen instead. hee...

 
So envy all of u lei, so near to delivery already, I'm still only at my week 32 but feel so tired already. So wish I'm like due for delivery next week.

 
Rabbit: For my hubby, it's becos gynae said so. Gynae say it's safe to deliver from Week 35 onwards. But I feel safer when BB is full term. I think now BB would be close to 2.6kg liao. Can't wait to see gynae this Saturday.



I am still waiting for Week 35 to come. So slow.



Jaclyn: My cot and playpen all set up liao. Even the pram also done le. Hubby worried BB is coming early and then we got to rush. Haha!!



DQ: Ya lo.. still on HL. Seeing gynae this Sat to see if need to extend or not. Hopefully dun need to cos I am bored to death le.

 
dq

yup, 4yo can use booster that is why we hunting for one that we can remove part by part such that it can fit her height appropriately as she grows...



kepsis

am also going to 33wks on tuesday...



re: contractions

i think i am hvg them quite often... getting painful and more frequent today. going to call gynae's clinic... sian...

 
DQ: yahh.. if you all find a good car seat plz let me know, i lazy to hunt liao haha. I din even go to the expo cos nowadays when I walk i feel so tired already!

I also wan to stay at my parent's for confinement, somemore they have an extra room and they just bought a nice comfy bed for my sis and I whenever we wanna go back. However i think i will miss my hubby if I stay there (he will never want to stay there with me, don have his computer), and also if my hubby's side relatives wanna visit the baby, must keep coming to my parents house .. so i guess i stay at home better lar.



Ann: Jia you! another few weeks and i think your baby will be eager to meet the world already. Can you imagine soon we will be holding our baby in our arms instead of in our bellies?



Jellypurin: i still donno how contractions feel like even though im now in wk35. Sometimes i feel mild cramping feeling but it goes off very quickly so i don't think those r contractions leh. Anyway do take care and keep us updated on what your gynae says!

 
kepsis>> time flies... before u knew it.. u r gonna b due soon...

when r u takin leave ar??



ann>> my gynae also said tat once bb pasts 34wks, he'll deliver for me if there r signs of labour. he said he wun wait le... i was like.. ???!!



i plan to start my leave end june.. but i scat my bb will be late.. then i'll b wastin my leave, rotting at home.. dun like the feeling too...



jelly>> hmmm... so gd one ar? dunno got such carseats can remove part by part. cuz i nva research on carseat.. cuz i keep assuming my sis will hand me down her son's carseat.. then she told me v old already... paiseh to gif, so asked me get a new one.. so we juz 'grab' anythg tat looks decent lor. hahahah... i v chinchai one~

but lazy may b a better word. kekekek...

 
kepsis: i'm having pelvic pains. can feel her press down.



it's amusing how i feel BH everytime i buy something for her. prolly psychological but it kinda makes me think she's excited to use all the stuff we bought.



i'm all done with the preps. only considering if i should take my maternity leave cos i can barely move without feeling like she'll pop out soon.

 
jaclyn>> hee... im so lookin fwd to go home n stay lor... gonna take leave fr 1jul & nuah @ my mama's to wait for bb to come... can play mj & watch dvd while waiting... lol!!!

my husby told me.. my mum's confinement rules so strict.. no fan, no aircon... he dun wanna come n stay... im fine lah... since he can come by to visit then go home to slp lor. tink by tat time, i also no time for him! hahahah....

 
dq

hand me downs are gd too... save $... i hv an old maxi cosi priori... the harness got some issues... wanted to get it fixed but dun hv time to do that...

 
ladies, when will be our nx meet up?~



cherry: how many weeks are you already? if you can feel her press down maybe shes engaged liao.



My mom told me my belly will rise up first, then go down so she ask me to look out for that. I told her I dont know how to tell what position my belly is in lah!



Suddenly have this craving for hongkong street food and mango dessert... aiyooo donno when will be the nx time i can fly liao.

 
cherry>> when u takin leave? when's ur edd?

im still deciding when i shd start my leave...



jelly>> i dun mind hand me down... like u said, can save $$. but my nephew still usin the carseat lor.. then i buy a new one lor...

go where n fix the harness?

 
DQ, nope not yet.. i now on MC till the next gynae appt which is this coming thur.. see how it goes..



Ann, my gynae said week 36 will be good enough. i prefer week 37 though.. my gal was about 2.4kg to 2.5kg from the last checkup..

 
i'll be in week 35 this week - well tomorrow actually.



my gynae is away on hols now til 14 june. she said dr aziz will assist me if i deliver during that period.



right now, i'm just very uncomfy but yesterday i could barely sleep.

 
jaclyn>> u all still game for another outing?

hee... so close to our edd already.

we can do outings during our ML!!!

go eat good food!! hopefully all of us can be milking cows by then & we will need lotsa food!!!

then we can go makan buffet!!! kekekekek....

 
dq: my edd is 6 july - a day before my bday, i was kinda hoping we'd share the same bday but idk right now - i have the feeling that she'll be a june baby instead.

 
Jaclyn: Ya lo.. my BB very excited to come out and play. Whenever my dogs play near my tummy, BB seems like can hear them play, then also very very active. Shift here and there, then kick here and there. Getting all excited. Haha!!



I like the idea of BB being held in my arm than in my belly cos belly too heavy. Haha!! At least if BB too heavy to carry in arm, still got pram. Carry BB in the stomach, heavy still must carry. Cannot put trolley underneath tummy to push ard. Haha!!



DQ: Wah.. your gynae so adventurous ah? 34 weeks and he willing to deliver for you? I think my gynae would rather drag.

 
rabbit>> ic... i tink i'll cfm my leave w my boss & colleagues aft my gynae visit tdy too! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



cherry>> u r in 35th wk liao... on leave yet?

hee... my fren's wife also spent her bday in the delivery ward. my bday end of this mth... im prayin bb wun come on my bday. cuz still early for him... by then only 36wks.



jelly>> mayb surf ard to chk if they've a svc centre in sg?

 
ann>> ya lah... tat's wat my gynae told me when i saw him in my 30th wk complainin abt contractions...

i hope he'll b a jul bb, not a jun bb... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

im prayin for him to b slightly early, like in 37 or 38wks... rather than late.. cuz i wan a cancerian bb! same as me & husby~

 
cherry: my edd is the exact same day as my birthday which is 12 july. But I praying we won't share the same birthday leh.. else no fun, everyone will lump our birthday celebrations together haha! Also I dont want to be in labour on my birthday. :D



Ann: yahhh my belly oso getting so heavy, everytime walk i automatically will put my hand to support underneath. Not to mention I have ugly stretchmarks appearing at my under belly and around my belly button. I see already feel so sian. Every single night after my bath, i always complain to my hubby about it. Must complain more so that he can see wat a sacrifice i am making!!! He will see then tell me don worry only he will see and he promise he wont find another girl with a nicer tummy. WAh donno to be happy or to punch him!



You mommies no stretchmark? So lucky! I been religiously applying cream since my 12 week and the ugly red marks start to appear @ my 32 week [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
jaclyn>> ^5! i also dun wanna spend my bday in labour. i wanna blow candles, cut cake & haf yummy cake before i do my confinement!

if not haf to wait for so long before we can eat yummy food~~



ive stretchmarks on my butt & thighs... i also keep complainin to my husby.... n tat time i heard scary stories abt husband's infidelity aft their wife gave birth.. cuz the body cant regain back to pre-preggers...

im so upset can? sigh...

 
wow! all mommies so energised today. looks like all of us can't wait to hold babies in our arms



keer, minmin,

my fren was seeing a gynae based at KKH and about 4 wks before she was due, he told her that he had to do reservist and a replacement gynae would be delivering for her. when she heard it, she was like "what?! reservist?" it was quite funny coz the gynae was like in his 40s and had to do reservist



DQ,

your gynae so funny - got labour signs, he won't wait? my gynae's opinion is must be at least wk37 if no medical issues - she said baby's lungs still 'wet' and likely will not be able to breathe on her own if comes out before wk37

 
cherry & jaclyn>> hee.. i realised there r quite a few cancerian mummies here!



DQ

cherry

jaclyn

mrslong~



ica>> ya lor... tat's wat he told me. im like.. 'huh??!!'

so now i keep tellin bb to tahan until jul!

where he'll b 37wks by then...

 
rabbit>> ya... looks like i needa make arrangements le.. dun tink i wanna 'surprise' my boss too..

wld rather hand over sweeswee b4 i go on leave. if not durin leave also no peace... cuz mite rec biz calls. hee...

 
Dear ladies,



I've not logged in for a while. Last week seemed like a blur to me now. I've not been resting well. Keep on telling myself to stay calm and rest well.



On happier note, last Friday went for my 34th week checkup. Remember I'm worried abt BB's weight? Well, he gained 600g in 2 weeks while I didn't gain at all and is now 2.45kg. Gynae said he's going to be a big BB like his brother if I deliver him full term.



Yesterday just found some time to wash some BB's clothes, still got few bags to go through...



Arg, luckily my mil is here to help me. She let me sleep till 10am while she looks after my active/demaanding #1 now.

 
My birthday is 4th jul. my edd is mid jul. so thinking if i could ask my gynae to induce me on 3rd or 4th jul by then i will be in 38 weeks so she and me will be the same month and date.

 
Whaat? Confinement cant eat birthday cake? Thats so upsetting !!



phy: good good, glad that your baby is putting on weight well!

 
Hi mummies!



Dont be too happy.. When bb is out, it is another new beginning of sleepless nights with breastfeeding.. LOL! But of coz, holding our precious one in our arms surely feels better!

 
phy>> last time u also delivered ur #1 naturally? how big was ur bb?



skyrain>> woo.. another cancerian mummy!



jaclyn>> i shd tink so bah.. my mum v strict de.

only allow me to eat the thgs she cook. so i presume no bday cakes for me durin confinement... so im hopin bb comes aft my bday! hahahah...



minmin>> actually im beginnin to feel stress as the day comes closer... i keep askin my husby yesterday... if he's ready to welcome bb...

 
DQ: Yes! Next gathering after we popped! I am confident that you know where can we find good food to pamper ourshelves! haha!



Handing over of duties during my maternity leave

I am still compiling my lists of things to do/follow up for the person taking over me. Wah.. Seems endless!



Coconut Juice

Where can I find coconut juice?! Time to start taking it now to cool myself.. but I dunno where can I find it??

 
gg for lunch & gynae visit le!!!

cya mummies!!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
minmin>> ya lor... we meet up aft our confinement.. durin ML! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

all of us can gif ideas & find yummy & wu hua buffet!!!



i haven start handling over my stuffs leh... sigh~

 
hi mummies



Busy morning for me.



Anyway, talking about rice dumpling, I love to eat Nonya Zhang and my MIL & her sisters made rice dumplings yesterday & told my HB she wld be bringing some for us tmrw.



But as doc asked me to cut down on starch (i.e. bread, rice) due to my weight gain, my HB told my MIL she just need to bring 1 for me. BOOHOO!! So sad.

 
DQ, once i know my baby is partially engage 2 weeks ago... i quickly tell my boss, HR and colleagues. get HR to release the ML.. when to apply, that one can do it later.

 
For pelvic pains, for short-term relief, you can try panadol but that didn't work for me. I used a hot compress on the area that hurt, I find that is minimal relief too. In the end, I was very conscious of my posture and the way I do things. E.g. when sleeping, I would turn around in bed very slowly. If i'm on my side, I would turn slowly onto my back first, then pushing my knees up (by walking them up the bed), I would use the weight of the other leg to go down onto the other side. Not sure if I'm describing properly. But I find that for me, coz my left hurts, it's more comfortable to sleep on my right. And yes, no more breaststroke if swimming. When getting in and out of car, swing both legs in instead of putting one leg in/out first. Be conscious of the way you walk, I realised that I am learning to control my pelvic movement. That way, it won't hurt so much, and walk slowly!



I got a Britax Royale carseat. Retail price is $499 but Robinsons had storewide 15% previously. That one can use from birth to toddler, so quite worth it IMO.



I'm also feeling a lot of pressure in my pelvic area now. Don't know when baby wants to come out and see the world, but i'm only 33 weeks. So still too early!

 
kepis, sweetkiss..

did allison say when then the pictures for the photoshoot will be ready?



Btw, me on leave already.. on mc for this week cos bb not putting on weight. this wed will be 36 weeks. hope bb put on more weight within this week and next. my girl came out 37 weeks.. so i must jia you this week and next...



now got time to come into forum and chat. otherwise so busy at work.. gynae say i too stress..yah. stress over my replacement cover..sigh sigh...



jelly, actually the booster seat can use once bb hit 14 kg. we just change my girl to it.. she is 2yrs 7mths.



DQ, are u excited abt photoshoot on friday.

All the best in gynae appt today..my next appt will be next week...

 
F8 Allison mentioned to me before photos will be ready abt 3-4weeks after the shoot. So it's very likely I won't be able to see them the photos till after I deliver liao.



PS on 26 June, EDD 27 Jul.

 
Talk about gathering... Haha.. Maybe we can bring our babies out too & arrange a all Babies PS.. Ask Allison how much she charge for group BB shot.. LOL..



Btw, previously I was talking about setting up a playgroup for our babies to mingle & socialize.. And, mommies can gather together too to catch up.. I don't mind doing the compiliation of our data so that we can keep in touch after we pop.. As I understand that we might not have so much time to log on to forum once BB is here.. So, perhaps some of us can still stay in touch via SMS..



PM me your data & once I compile, I will email out to all of you, for those whose keen..



1. SMH nick

2. Real Name

3. Email

4. EDD

5. Hpn

6. BB No.



Let me know if I had missed out any other info.. Cheers!

 
yelo girls... had a busy week last week...

just managed to read all old posts.



Went to Dr Tham check up at TMC last Sat. AT my 35 weeks, BB girl is 2.3 kg liaoz. I also put on another 2+ kg...yucks!



Think Dr Tham very comfortable that BB will not be out soon. He wants me to go back in two weeks time, not next week yeah! BB head is down but not engaged according to him, also said still got much fluid with healthy looking placenta (though I wonder how he can deduce that from the the black and white U/S :p}



Yay! My PS this coming friday too... excited... what did Allison asked you gals to bring for the individual PS? I dropped Allison she has not reverted...



I went for the TMC hospital tour on last Sat too. Brought us to the labour wards and such... we were told that we cant record the delivery process leh!!



I decided on the room liaoz but my OT also booked for my date and time already.



Missed the BB expo but those items I wanted to get are small items like cotton balls, nappy liners and such... I dun want to risk knocking mummies there... :p



I bought a new chest of drawers for BB's clothes and also act as a changing top... i was happily arranging those barangs barangs and I sprained my right thigh! shucks... I cant go exercise much the next day! sad!

 



Back
Top