(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

hi mommies,

just wanna check if this is the Ru Yi oil to dispel wind in babies? i remember one mommy showed the pic once - sorry, cannot recall who leh



are both the same?

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4075274.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4075275.jpg]

 


Hi mummies, sorry to interupt.



I'm selling away a brand new Maclaren Quest Sport Stroller in charcoal/silver. (I just purchased it yesterday, 6th June '10)

Reason for selling it away is because yesterday was the last day for DBS/POSB cardholder 25% discount in Mothercare.

So I decided to purchase the stroller at a bargain (usual price: $398).

However, today when I went to work, my colleagues told me they have ordered the Quinny Buzz for me.

So I decided to keep the Quinny Buzz and sell the Maclaren. ( I don't see the need of having two strollers)



So I'm selling it away at $278.

$5 off if it's a fast deal (payment within 12 hours after confirmation and meet up at Bedok MRT station).



You cannot get this color at this price elsewhere since the Mothercare DBS/POSB discount is over.



Purchase includes:

- Rain cover

- Instructions Manuel

- 6 months warranty from Mothercare (I will give you the receipt to prove that I bought it on 6th June '10)



If you need more information for this stroller, do check this website: http://global.maclarenbaby.com/toddler-buggies/quest-sport?lang=en



Do email me at x.21o2o4@hotmail if you have any queries.



[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4075287.jpg]

 
hi all, just came back from gynae. 33 wks & my girl is only 1.77kg, considered small..gynae said probably will weight 2.5- <3kg at full term..looks like i will have a small baby (& hopefully an easier delivery)

 
DQ,

My #1 weighed 3.65kg at birth. Hard time pushing him out coz he also had a big head circumference... Natural with epi and vacuum out





Jaclyn,

Thanks.. Now I need not worry so much abt him not gaining enough. I didn't eat much and well last week.



Still very tired...Glad that I'm on leave already... till I pop.

 
Eliss,

do be careful, now that we're almost there. btw, how did you sprain you thigh? or do you mean ankle ah?



Jelly,

really? ya, the tin looks better also. do you know where i can get it, if the need arises?



grace,

baby not putting on weight, it's because you're too stressed?



autrumn,

that's an ideal weight for natural delivery. small baby never mind - all babies will catch up in terms of weight, so no worry



my case is the other way round - baby put on too much weight, am hoping that she'll gain minimal weight like 50g/wk from now on, dunno whether that's possible. hahaha!

 
Hello Mommies!!!



Tired... yawns... was imagining myself bathing and changing bb ytd until i fell asleep.. haha.. feel good!!



Going for my gynae check up this week.. and i will once again discuss with my gynae on the induction issue.. if everything's ok, i will have 2 week more to go le...



Agree with what the mommies say.. not that we kan cheong to give birth.. but the weight is really unbearable... haha...



my rectum got "pushed out" a little due to the weight on the bb.. and when bb shift, it went back to normal.. thats how heavy it is now.. and its quite painful.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
ica - ya, just hope for easier natural delivery lor..but bigger baby easier to carry & take care i guess? what's your baby's weight now?

 
autrumn,

mine was already 2.8kg at wk33. i'm worried that she'll be too big. if she continues growing like that, gynae's predicting a 3.8-4kg baby!

 
ica, yah i think so. i also not putting on weight..bb also. must be work lah...

so now must rest and sleep... maybe at 3pm, go doze for 1 hr. cos everynight also never sleep well, have to wake up and burp and burp. otherwise throat and heart there pain like burning feeling. should b heartburn loh.



keer13,

me interested in playgroup. will send u my details. actually for my older girl, we had a gathering previously at one of the mummies house. then we put all the bbs on the mattress to take photo...hahah got think around 12 bbs, damn cute one. that time all abt 3mths old.

 
Eliss,

that must be painful. u ok now? maybe becos when pregnant, our ligaments are loose, so cannot simply twist our bodies

 
grace,

then you rest well. take your mind off work. in one of her lessons, Mrs Wong asked us to imagine that we're on an island, on the beach with the waves rolling in, as a relaxation technique. if your arms are really heavy, like deadweight, then you're relaxed. try that lor, put on some relaxing music

 
Hi Jasmine,



I got the same one as u. Base on the picture u show is model of techno XT - 2008 version. Is a better model then quest sport.



Wow..Mother to be..is a good deal. I bought at $398 during taka fair. Wow not 25% off..too bad i hv bought..if nt can save.

 
keer13,

Pm u details already. Will be fun to let babies meet up [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
ladies,juz back frm check,been having cramp.each hr a time.check cevix haven open yet.heng ah..bb at wk 34,1day old.abt 2kg.seems smal 2 me bt gynae say its normal.shld b ok bar..

 
grace,

no lah, she's overweight. ideally should be 2.1kg by Wk33. when baby is light, we worry. baby is too big, also we worry. sigh. you try talking to your baby. i told mine that it will be a team effort - me control my diet, she to exercise more to burn off the fats! kakaka - think i'm going crazy oredi! anyway, don't be too worried. in our last month of pregnancy, baby will gain on average 225g per wk

 
cheese,

your baby is of a good weight. baby's weight will pile on very fast in our last month



autrumn,

ya lor. a bit too well for comfort. sigh...also becoz i cheated on my diet. i have GD. what if my baby turns out be be a giant baby? hubby had a dream of a giant baby and in that dream, he was thinking how the mother would be able to BF the baby. but he said the mom in the dream wasn't me. hee

 
rabbit : I'm 35 weeks + 1 day. 5 days behind you[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Also hoping bb can reach full term. As I'm opting for C-section, I hope bb cab beef up more. She is very smally at the moment. Hope time can pass faster... my next appt is on this coming fri. Now my diet very strict coz blood sugar very bad.. I wonder how bb can grow fast [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]



Jaclyn: My baby cot is all ready! Juz washed the bedsheets n all few days back. Today hubby going to fix the musical mobile and I am going to wash the cloth nappies..



Ica : your bb is big! what's your diet like? hehee



serene : have you decided a date for delivery or not? We should be around the same time...

 
ica, me too, i've been cheating on my diet. had ice cream for 2 days in a row. so yum, hee.



keer13, love your idea of get together with bb. we can meet at my condo, got function room. and when bbs are bigger, can swim in the baby pool. it'll be a lot of fun.

 
btw..juz to check with you ladies. My FIL juz passed away... does that mean I better do away with bb shower?



Initially, we planned to deliver end of this month as soon as I reach full term. But sadly my FIL couldn't make it.. . As my bday is end of July.. juz nice to celebrate BB'sfirst month n my bday tog.. now prob have to cancel everything. But can still send cakes to friends and relatives ma eh? My side said better not but my husband's side said juz go ahead leh..

 
Hi All Mummies.



Guess we all can start to count down..

I have already bought all of my bb stuffs and starting to pack my hospital bag...



i still have 5-7 wks more to go !!!



Just went to do medi and pedi on sat to pamper myself before deliver.. painted my nails and got scolding fr my mum..

reason: she is patang .. saying my bb might come out with some dots on his face... haiz!!!



Keer13



I will send u PM later on...

 
atomickitten,

i had a bit too much sweet stuff btwn Wk31 and Wk33 lor. i think must be the ice-cream - had 4 mini magnums but i only ate the ice-cream (i threw away the choc layers). carbs i already cut down a lot since 2nd tri. even when boiling bird's nest, i add red dates only, so you can imagine how bland that is



babycoco,

you had ice-cream ah? did your baby's weight boomed?

 
atomickitten,

my condolences. how sad - so he didn't get to see his grandchild



if no baby shower never mind lah - baby will not know. have a grand 1st b'day celebration instead



when you say send cakes, you mean you'll turn up at the doorstep to deliver? some ppl pantang lor, so maybe can send them vouchers instead - not celebration, but just to announce baby's arrival

 
Ica: you threw away the choc layers! so wasted! i love the choc..heheee. despite cutting down yr bb still big hor.. maybe genetic ba. I was a 10pound baby leh.. but b4 preg..I'm considered pettite one. Nobody can guess i was so huge that nurses took turns to carry me upstairs and downstairs n everywhere..hee

 
ica, going to see gynae tomorrow, we shall see how heavy my bb is. but don't think the effect is immediate right? maybe the week after. i had haagen dazs ice cream bar yesterday, ate the choc layers. that's the best part, haha.



atomic kitten, so sorry to hear about your FIL.

 
ica: ya.. my FIL was waiting eagerly for the arrival of his first n only grandchild. He told me he will fight on. Coz I was preg, I wasnt allowed to visit him at the hosp. But b4 I was admitted into hosp myself, I went to see him & told him bb will be ready to come very soon.. must hang on.. end of month I can go C-section le... He passed away that night... I was in alone in gleneagles and nobody told me until i was discharged..

 
ica: oh ya hor.. if send cakes must physically go to their house then wouldnt be appropriate hor. Then prob have to send cake voucher instead ba. But coz my hubby's side said juz go ahead... he think it is okie to do baby's first month leh. So hard to convince him.. i personally feel it is not appropriate.. Hope it turn into an argument during my confinement ba..

 
atomickitten, babycoco,

the choc layers were very sweet to my liking and i thot eating just the ice-cream it would be ok. hahahaha. hopefully it's genetics lor coz my hubby was 8.4 lbs (about 3.8kg) at birth. so if i really control my diet and baby's still growing like crazy, then there's nothing i can do also



AK, you were 10 lbs? wah! that's about 4.5kg! wah! must be very chubby lor?

 
AK -- sorry to hear that. abt the full mth, i think hor, dun celebrate as in, no need to have a "party" ba.. at home, with family members, shud be ok. cause havent 49 days i think a lot of things also cannot do lei.. how old was ur FIL when he passed away? maybe can seek advice from the shifu?



If dr ok with induction, i was thinking of doing it on 28th? cause normally it will take about 1 day for something to happen.. lol..

 
thanx everyone... actually luckily I'm not allowed at the wake coz think i will be super emotional. I at home alone..already cant control my tears le tho i not exactly very close to my FIL. Juz feel sad that he didnt make it for the arrival of bb.. coz my hubby is the only child.



ICA : yes i was 10lbs. Think my mum must be diabetic while carrying me thats why I'm so big!during that era no sugar test one. When abt to deliver then go hospital! I was very very fat as a baby. But become very skinny during my growing years. no matter what I eat ..also wont grow fat one!Until i reach thirties.. diff story liao! sad to say.. my mum now is diabetic. So those mtb like myself.. still have to watch our diet after we gave birth coz we are at 50% higher chance of being diabetic in later part ...

 
DQ: I brought 3 sets end up only use 1 leh, coz most of the shots naked one, so you better be prepared. Me not taking leave so soon but i think i will come office less often and work from home.



Pelvic pain: Thanks for the advice gals, initially i was thinking dunno if its coz i put on wt too fast, two weeks ago i was 58, now i am 60kg.



Grace/Mrs long: Allison told me it will be ready in about 1 week time lei.



Keer13: PM you already. Thanks!



Eliss: Hey everytime i think about you, you will post a msg. Haha.... glad that everything is fine with you! For the photoshoot she told me to bring a prematernity jeans that i can still wear but cant button, so that can show how big our tummy is, then bring a set of clothes for both you and your hubby that is on the same theme, can be like same design or same colour etc. She told me to bring a dress too but in the end did not use cos she say by tummy too small, wear the dress cannot see my tummy very clearly. And a white shirt for hubby. Previously she told me to bring a set of underwear that i like, but in the end never use also. Overall its a new experience, very different from our wedding photoshoot but its fun!!! Good if you are flexible coz many of the poses she ask me to do i cant achieve, haha!!!



Bb’s weight: You all ask your gynae or your gynae tell you automatically? My gynae never want to tell me bb’s weight one, dunno why. Got once i tried to ask and he just say about 1kg without looking at anything. So i gave up asking. But everytime i go, he just keep telling me i put on too much weight. So hard to control leh! Coz i eat out most of the time, how to find healthy food in hawker, plus all the char kuay tiow and hokkien mee... omg!

 
Atomic kitten,

Sorry to hear abt your FIL... Me too, last Thursday just cremated my only brother [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]



I was the with my sisters to break the news to my mum...was heartbreaking to see her grieve for her only son...



Sigh, good that you were not there at the wake. For me, I was there during day time, at night my hubby would drive me home to rest. Only 1 midnight I drove myself home...



Very trying period for my family and me... I was very scared I would go into labour throughout that week.

 
AK & Phy - Sorry to hear abt your recent loss. Take good care of yourself...



Kepsis - haha thanks for the concern..I am really okay just that it was extremely busy at work... somemore towards starting of ML... My gynae will tell us BB weight. i think your gynae is very comfortable with your BB's weight that is why he did not mention. Don't worry yar!

Ooooh, i am looking forward for the PS liaoz... so you did pose nude yar? DO you know how many shots did Allison take in total?

 
kepsis>> 1 week ready oredi? Oh then that's good. Dunno why she said 3-4 weeks the other time when I asked.



As for weight gain, i'm trying to cut down on my hunger pangs & carbo cuz 4kg in 1mth = 1kg per wk...doc said not good for me cuz my bones may not be able to take it. So now I've to control my intake of rice & bread (bread which is my favourite le).



Today, my colleague told me I look like I hv water retention on my face! So sad le, heehe.

 
DQ & Kepsis - Allison just called me. She asked me to bring similar items as what Kepsis has mentioned - nice undies, pnon-maternity jeans, wedding bands, watches, dress and high heel shoes for me. Button/long sleeve shirt for my HB. And some toys that we have bought for BB if we have any...

 
Thanks ladies,



His death is very hard for me coz he died in a fatal car accident. His friend was the driver and he did not suffer any injuries.. My little nephew is only 14months old..



Anyway, maternal instinct bah, I kept praying for little one to stay calm and forced myself to eat no matter what.



But time will heal. I hope that my BB's birth will cheer my mum up.

 


Just woke up from my nap to take my medication. The thread seems to be running very fast today.



phy & AK: I am sorry to hear about your loss. Do take care.



BB's weight: The gynae will tell me BB's weight automatically without me asking.

 

Back
Top