(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Mommies, i got the following to let go.. Let me know if u r interested k.. Let go at 40%.



1. Avent Moisturising Light Oil, expiry 05/2011

2. Avent Moisturising Cream with SPF 15 expiry 01/2011

3. Avent Moisturising Lotion expiry 06/2012.



Self collection Bukit Batok or Jurong East.

 


hello mummies.. had a super traumatizing weekend.. went for my photoshoot ytd, allison is very nice.. abit shy to strip but after a while managed to warm up..



on the way back, got into a car accident as we hit into a taxi that suddenly stopped in the mid of expressway. the seat belt pressed v tightly into my tummy causing me to be in pain.. called gynae who asked me to go TMC and put on CTG. I was having contractions every 3 mins! so put on drip to stop contractions, admitted for 1 nite. gynae said luckily i went to hosp to check ytd or else i will be in labour! i had spotting in the morn but was told i am fine as long as no heavy bleeding or waterbag burst. Just got discharged from hosp... this is scary, dun dare to sit car now..



when i was in hosp all nurses were like wondering how come i have full makeup and eyelashes on. haha

 
Sweetkiss,

Shucks! That was scary indeed. Rest well ya. So you're on HL?



Seems like more and more mommies having contractions. Rest well y'all.

 
Good afternoon ladies.



AtomicKitten: I stayed in Mt A. How about you?



SweetKiss: Do take care. Sometime when my hubby is driving, I also get worried when he get too close to another car and I will automatically caution him abt it.



Baby movement: Now I feel baby movement lower, very close to my pelvic area. Not as high as last time. Can be quite uncomfortable when he touched my pelvic bone. Pubic bone area also getting more and more painful.

 
sweetkiss, oh my.. take care man.. and rest well.. are you on HL now?



ladies, how painful contractions feels like? this 1 week i got this tummy ache on and off, like those having diarrhea.. then couple of days ago i had LS twice.. i tot maybe i ate something wrong, so didnt care.. this morning LS again... tummy ache continue happen on and off.. more like dull ache.



anyone encounter before?

 
ann, i having the same thing as you! baby movement much lower le..



and i actually packing gridle in my hospital bag. because i watched a tw show, the ladies after birth will feel tummy 'loose'.. because before that all organs are being push upwards, after baby is out, will feel 'loose'.

 
My Bh also strike me almost 1 day 3 times. Each BH last around 5-10mins.



Each time got BH i will stand up and move around and also breathe in and out slowly ..



My hubby told me by week 37 i can stay at my mum place just incase i in labour in the night he is still working.



Now only week 33, 7 more weeks to go for a full term bb. Prying hard for induced labour so that i dont have to be panicked and be prepare for the labour war...

 
Rabbit, I'm also feeling the same way as u. My tummy feels like it's going to be in diArrhoea, but it's not. I would say mine is more to discomfort rather than pain. It's bearable. I'm assuming this is BH cos I dunno what to expect.



Sweetkiss: have a good rest. I'll share story with hubby so that he'll be a more careful driver. Maybe I should stop driving myself

 
Rice dumpling: Duan Wu Jie is coming soon. Today mkt alot of aunties buying the ingredients to make Rice dumpling (Bak Zhang). Wondering if my grandma making any this yr.. i wanna eat. Yummy!!

 
hi ladies,



Till now I dun know if I hve been feeling BH contractions. I do feel the tummy tightening when walking or standing but it doesnt go away. Sometimes the the tightening can last for quite a long while say for a whole 30 mins. Is it BH contractions? I am so confused.

 
fazzy, ya is bearable.. but seems getting more and more frequent. but no back pain involved.. is confusing.. dunno is pure tummy ache, BH or real contractions..



ann, you still going out to market ah.. my parents just brought me some bah zhang made by my mum.

 
Hi Ann - Me also have cravings to eat dumplings.. Heard that my granny is making those for me so that I can eat before delivery... She's so sweet... She makes the best dumplings in the world.. Hee... Btw, you were really naughty to go out while on HL.. You better take care ya.. If not well, need to rest immediately.. Yest, I went to the fair too & was easily tired now that my tummy is so huge.. So, i regularly went to the seats outside to rest before I continue... Didn't buy anything much in the end, but the Avent bottom balm is cheap.. So, bought 1 to try..



Hi Sweetkiss - Good thing your gynae has asked you to go to hospital for check up.. Otherwise, you will be the 2nd mommy to deliver le.. :p Take care & rest more ya.. For the shot, did you & your hubby enjoy it? What drapes did you go for in the end? My photos are not ready yet.. I hope it will be ready soon.. Almost going to a month le.. Hee..



Hi Eunice - Congrats on being the 1st mommy in the July thread... When is your initial EDD? How was the delivery?



Hi Sun-tan - I bought Carter's rompers as my BB's baby shower outfit.. I bought 2 different bodysuits, 1 for NB & another 0-3 months in case he can't fit into the Nb.. I think bodysuits make BBs so adorable so I go for that.. Esp, Carters..

 
Hi Kerpis - The Barun thermometer @ $107 is at where huh? Apart from the online blog that sells Barun ear thermometer, where does all the other mommies buy your Barun thermometer? Does Robinsons sell them?

 
rabbit

real contractions - you will feel from the back and then it radiates to front. like body pushing baby out, contracting like that ..

 
Hi tek-koh - How much did you buy that for? I was hoping GSS will have some great deals..

 
Keer: 107 for no memory braun thermometer, 118 for braun thermometer with 8 memory slot to remember the tempreture.



But the seller say baby 3 mths old like that than use more accurate cause their ear-drum too soft initially so take tempreture via forehead or armpit but dunno buy what to use for the first 3 mths. Any MTBs got any idea?

 
CT: Nope my friend had c-sec cos she said her bb not engaged.. i cant imagine pushing out such a big bb!



ica/Rabbit: not sure how HL is given? The nurse told me to check with my gynae and he told me to see him tmr. maybe he will just give me one day off for that? since i got hospitalized over the weekends which are non working days.



Ann: Thanks. actually i was chatting on the phone w my fren when he was driving, so didnt notice the road.. he said he saw the cab stopping in front but cant do a sudden e-brake cos the impact will be bigger. so he tried to do intermittent braking but still not in time and we just crashed..



by the way i rem u went to hosp for drip before too rite? did u have any spotting? ever since this morn i am having brown spotting, like what i exp when i just got pregnant... though nurse say no need to worry but i still am!



fazzy: thanks! yup u shld stop driving! i went prenatal class and was told not safe to drive from 33 weeks onwards. since then i nv touch the wheel already.



keer13: thanks for ur concern. ya lor, dun wanna deliver so soon! my hubby a bit shy to take off his top but overall everything was quite fun. i had black drape and a white sash or something. for my own clothes i wore maternity jeans and a sheer lingerie top. then another one was just black plain bra with lacey undies. the rest naked. Haha. i'll only get my pics 5 weeks later. by then i deliver already i guess.



tek_koh: thank u!

 
sweetkiss, sounds like a nightmare but thank goodness you're alright!



I bought the Braun thermometer with memory for $129 from 1st Few Years. Hubby didn't want me to buy from BP cos no warranty.

 
Rabbit: Ya lo.. went mkt to have breakfast. Cannot tahan to stay at home all the time. Then see all the aunties at mkt buying the leaves, dried shrimps, strings, etc. So good... your mum do bak zhang for you.. my mum like me, only know how to eat. Haha!!



Keer13: You so lucky that granny is making for you. I also dunno my granny making this yr or not. Actually the ones I like are those made by my 2nd grandaunt one. Last time when dad still alive, he would get some from 2nd grandaunt cos he knows i like. But now dad no longer ard, I also dun dare to call her to say I wanna eat the bak zhang she made cos pai sei as I hardly keep in contact with her one.



Ya lo.. on HL.. but really cannot tahan at home. I think hubby also know I cannot tahan one so he agree to bring me out. But then he much stricter now.. cannot walk too long. Making sure I rest alot.

 
SweetKiss: Ya, I have brown spotting but to me, it's very common lei cause I have it through my pregnancy. So I am not too worried. For you, if nurse say it's ok.. then shouldn't be worrying. If really worry, then consult gynae. They are the best person who can advise you.

 
sweetkiss: Hope you are feeling alright! what a scare!!



Ann: I was warded at gleneagles.



Today I also not too guai.. I went to the expo fair! I bought 2 bumwear diaper shells and 2 Avent bottom balm and 3 more bottles from avent. Our car got into a minor accident with another car at the carpark.. lucky not so drama.. damage cost $400...

 
Fazzy: Thanks! I saw Palmax at the expo but the baby cot together with the latex mattress cost around $358. In the end, we didnt buy, we bought the playpen instead. Hahaha! In fact, I have a baby cot at my mum's place, so I just need a spare one for my own home.



Eunice: Another proud mummy, congrats to you! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Went for my gynae appt yesterday. Total weight gain = 10.5kg at week 35. bb weight is 2.2kg or 2.4kg? I cant remember but gynae says bb should be 3kg at birth.

I am so lost, my gynae will be away for a week when i am in week 37. Though chances of delivery at week 37 is very mild, 10% chances as mentioned by my gynae. But if it happens, my gynae will ask her colleague to deliver for me. Wahlao! What if I really going into labour then.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I felt so cheated and helpless. Coz it is not within my control.

 
Hi Ceres - $118 for the Braun 8 memory ear thermometer? Where to get huh? I just went to Unity & Guardian pharmacy. It's selling at $131.40 plus 2 boxes of filters.. Yes, the ear thermomter is only suitable for > 3 months old infants. I read that we should use normal thermometer for infants less than 3 months. If we use infra forehead ones, they are not so accurate.. So, I plan to buy the Pigeon flexible tip digital thermometer in the interim. What I'm also puzzled if I should use it on arm pits or mouth for babies.. Or can we use it for rectum? Or we need to buy the special rectal thermomter.. Anyone can advise on that? Online, there's a very cute product.. Pacifer thermometer, but dun think it's accurate too..



For rest of the mummies who bought online from tiny-shop, I understand that the thermometer does not come with warranty.. I'm tempted by the price but my concern is if the item is faulty, can we change it? I mean when we receive the item, upon testing, if it's faulty, can we change? :p

 
Hi Kat - Thanks for the info.. Yes, I'm worried about the warranty part too for the thermometer but tiny shop price at $95 seems too tempting.. Hee..



Hi Sweetkiss - Glad that you enjoyed yourself in the PS.. Now, I can't wait to do the 2nd session with Allison when BB arrive.. I was also very comfortable after a while with Allison.. Hope I can receive my photos soon.. Hee, I was a bit regret not doing the nude shots but maybe next weekend, I should just ask my hubby to take for me in private.. Haha..



Hi Ann - If you feel paiseh, then, maybe can buy the dumplings outside.. Think Kim Joo one is not bad.. But, I'm sure your aunt won't mind sparing you some, esp now that you are preggy... Give her a call.. For people who can cook well, they are happy when people recognise their food..



Hi Minmin - Who is your gynae? My gynae also will be going on holiday soon.. Are you refering to DR Ang.. But, dun feel "cheated" ya.. I think gynae also need their rest sometimes, to spend with their families.. Imagine they have patients all year round, sometimes, it's hard to estimate when is the best time to go on leave for them.. But, of course, I understand your concerns.. Just make sure that there's another gynae to stand by..

 
Keer: sorry forgot to tell u where... it's expo fair! and no more alrdy -.- cause now is 10pm.



I think BP sell $98 but no warranty. Buy at unity sales till like 3rd wk of Jun only $131+ but dunno how many memory one.. either 1 or 8. I got the receipt, buy from VAX Appliances (Singapore) Pte Ltd, email [email protected] see whether can get that price.

 
[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4072147.jpg]



Hi all mommies - I had bought a cute hippo bath thermometer to measure water temperature when bathing baby.. As first time mommy, not sure how to agar the temp.. So, bought this.. It will float on water & will indicate the correct temp for you.. But, as this product sells in a pair.. I have an extra piece.. Bought in BHG at 2 for $15.. So, 1 is $7.50.. If anyone interested, please let me know.. Can do meetups at AMK, Tanjong Pagar & Serangoon.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Hi Ceres - Thanks for the info.. Oh, I just missed it.. Now, it's 10.03pm... Haha.. Nvm, thanks for the info.. If I'm not urgent, maybe I can wait till the next fair in Oct since BB also cannot use till more than 3 months.. Cheers!

 
Keer: ur welcome.



Ya lor... not sure first 3 mths should use what thermometer.



I just did a calculation on all BB stuff bought plus CL + hospital bill + gynae fee + breast pump = 9800 like this lor... expensive!



but after thinking, this almost all can be reuse for next BB. so still find it not so bad...

 
mummies who are using Clarins oil, can you check if there are 2 products that you need to use concurrently? Or can just buy 1? i need something oiler for my tummier so that i don't need to drag the skin when i apply...

 
Hi Ceres - 9800????? You sure??? Haha.. I don't dare to count.. I stopped at 3.5K last 2 months.. Not considering hospial bill + CL... But if add them up, yeah, I think also around there.. But, like you, I also think most of the things I buy, can use for next BB, so = investment.. So, when are you planning for next one? For me, I may want to start trying when current BB is 6 mths old.. Hee.. Don't wanna stop the engine...



Hi Kat, I'm using only 1 oil from Clarins & it's good.. Another cream which I use is from Mothercare.. Cheap & good too..

 
tek_koh, hmm okok.. but i keep having tummy ache leh.. then also realised appetite drop also..



sweetkiss, ohh do take care then.. bed rest more..



ann, actually i also went out for dinner just now. really hard not to move around. i end up still walk abit here and there in the house. heh.



i am just lucky that my mum know how to make ba zhang. actually my mil also know how to make and had it 2 weeks ago. but reach my generation, no one know how to make liao.

 
Kat : I'm using the clarins treatment oil[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



today while on way to dinner i kana the severe cramp(which is actually contraction) which i got before i was admitted again! it lasted for less than 5 mins. I was coughing ..then the cramp came. But i'm already on ventolin pill! bb cannot come out now coz she still very smally! hope she stay inside until at least 37 weeks...

 
I got to wake up early today and prepare for my exams ...



NO study no revision. Lucky exam start at 2pm so i still got few hours to burnt the oil ..



I wonder if i can write at the end of the paper "Dear Marker, i am fully pregnant now and i got high BP, i cannot stress myself or over worked. Kindly just give me a pass. I had tried and this is my best i can give you"



Hahahahahaha... Today also starting to be earlier week 33 +2 days for Master AF.



Please stay in mummy tummy for another 4 more weeks at least..

 
Good morning ladies.



Today is a great day for sleeping in cos the sky is dark and the wind is strong. But got up to prepare breakfast for hubby to bring to office. So decided to drop in here for awhile.



AtomicKitten: Gleneagles quite expensive too. Think more ex than Mt A.



Damage is $400? You mean shopping only or inclusive of the little accident?



minmin: Understand how you feel abt your gynae being away when you near your full term. But come to think of it, gynae also human. They need a break too or else they will be too tired to service us liao. I am sure your gynae replacement will not be too bad either. Just relax and everything will be fine.



Keer13: I think if you open up the thermometer to check immediately when you receive it and it's faulty, shouldn't be a problem to get tinyshop to change for you. I also open up and test immediately on hubby. He was so happy playing with it. Haha!!



For dumpling, I know if i call grandaunt, she sure wrap more for me one. But still pai sei, like after CNY, no contact then suddenly dumpling festival call her to say I wanna eat dumpling like not very nice lei. Haha!! Now I can only satisfy myself with dumpling from outside lo. But still not nice lei. Hai...



ceres: I dun even dare to start counting the amt I spend on BB. Haha!! Scared I faint when I saw the figure.



Rabbit: Ya lo.. so tough to make ourselves just stay home. 1 or 2 days ok.. but 2 weeks.. i will die lo.



I actually wanted to learn how to make from my grandma but then I find the work too tedious liao. Got to wash the leaves clean, cook the ingredients, etc. I think even if I learn, I won't do it lo... haha!!



cheese: I also got menstrual like cramp these few days. But luckily not consistent kind. So I deduce not contraction.



CT: All the best for your exams later on. Jia You!!!



I also 33 weeks + 5 days now. I hope BB can stay in for another 4 more weeks too.

 
Sweet Kiss: Omg, how you feeling today? That must be a scary exprience! What time you left allison's place? I was there for the photoshoot too, mine was supposed to be at 3pm, but changed to 3.30 instead. I went naked too... but i was thinking after the photos are out dunno who i can show? haha...



BH contractions: How is the BH contractions like? I'm feeling a bit of stomach cramp this morning, is this BH or is it more painful? Plus i feel difficulty in breathing. Arghhh... just feel like going home now!!!



Pelvic Pain: Any of you experiencing pelvic pain? I feel very painful on my right pelvic when i walk and today it got worse... Should i worry or is it normal? Any way to ease the pain?



I so feel like going home right now......... : (

 
morning mommies,



finally packed my hospital bag yesterday! now really sit and wait for bb's arrival...6 more weeks to go!



let's all jia you ba!

 
eunice>> congrats!!!! happy for ya!!! 1st to pop!!



sweetkiss>> u ok?? so scary... to get into an accident now... but on the contrary, like u mentioned, tink the medical personnels find it v amusing to c u wheeled into the delivery suite w FULL makeup & lashes on~



kepsis>> im gg for my shoot this fri!

yay!!! prep abt 3-4 sets of outfits... dun tink haf enuff time to take all. lol!!



tdy gg for some detailed scan @ adc, kkh.

can c my baby again~ yay!!!

 
Morning Mummies! Its another Monday! Hope it is not Monday bluez for you!



Keer & Ann: Alright, I "think more open" now and seriously there is nothing I can do, so trying to relax and hope bb can tahan till my gynae is back.



DQ: Enjoy your bonding time with your bb later!



I am "boss-less" from now till 18 June 2010, boss is away to New York with his family, so envy.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Atomickitten, rest more.. you are how many weeks now??



Ann, yours 2 weeks.. mine 7 days including weekends already bth.. haha.. i already thinking of going to ntuc later to do alittle shopping. keke.. jia you, sure you can make it to week 37.



kepsis, Pelvic Pain is normal... meaning to say now your bb is more in your right side pressing there. mine is left side damm painful at times also.

 
minmin>> so shiok!!! boss not ard!!!

hee... mine too.. but comin back soon...

meanwhile... 'we lil mouse can haf fun when the cat is not ard'!!! kekekekek

 



Back
Top