Hi Serene - Looks like we get worried about the same thing with regards to staying wit in laws.. This AM, my MIL just mention that she doesn't wan to do BB shower.. Haiz.. I was thinking in my heart, shouldn't they consult me first before deciding for us, as parents.. Anyway, if they dun wan to do, I will still do for my own friends and my own relatives.. Maybe do it at a chalet or what.. Haha..
Then, when packing on BB clothes, she start to "instruct" me where to put the BB clothes so that she will be able to reach.. Actually, I know she has good intentions to help but I'm really worry that she will take for granted that I will leave BB to her care when I'm around or after my maternity leave ends.. Cos, I intend to enrol the BB to an infant care..
Yes, talk about educating ILs.. I think it might be hard, at least for me... Cos my MIL is the autocratic kind.. I pin no high hopes on that & hope all will be peaceful.. Ya, things like no water feeding cause bb will be water full and wont feed on bm and causing her weight to drop... They won't understand too.. I also dun intend to water feed.. Btw, till 3 months? Then we can feed water, is it?
For, lift upgrading, agree that it's too loud, may cause damage to ear drums or scare BB? So, is there any other place to place BB for day?
Btw, are you just temp staying wit ILs for ML? Or are you waiting for your flat to be ready? Mine will be only ready Q1 2011.. Can't wait for the day to arrive.. Then, only me & hubby & BB.. Yeah...
LOL.. I also have this wild thought like you.. If I cannot tahan, kenan post natal D, I will also run away from home with my baby...