(2010/07) July 2010 MTB


I think my BB will reached 2.8kg in maybe 1 weeks time? At 31 wks already 2.233kg liao.



Sito: So good for you. Now only have to wait for the time to be ripe. For me, still hope to delay since now only going into 33 weeks.

 
Hi mommies, some of you here recommended me to go Radlink for my 3D/4D scans...thanks for that! Though I'm a little late in my pregnancy to do the scan, still glad that my baby is quite cooperative and manage to get a rather nice face scan of him. Saw him smiling, yawning, opening his eyes and sticking out his tongue! Has been a great experience!!



Btw, some of you ask about playmat rite? Just to share that I bought online from small small world...they have quite nice and cute playmats and the material is not bad!

 
Hi mummies..



Does your boss ask you what should he/she buy for you during the baby full month? My boss asked me what do I need? Should he get me a stroller? But I paisey to ask him to buy me stroller leh.. He asked me to think about it coz he doesnt want to get something that I dont need or may have. Any suggestions? *stressed*

 
minmin: best is vouchers lor! Then you can get whatever you want and you won't feel so paiseh to ask directly. Mothercare or robinsons / takashimaya vouchers r good choices =)

 
Minmin: Stroller exp wor... ask him contribute hundred plus ok meh?



Supergal: me asking but i wan those play mat alot thing dangling for him to play one.

 
Burping,

Yup I also heard that the “cup burping” is the best way, especially if your bb tends to bring up some milk when you burp upwards.



Lasery,

Haa, your bb so cute, keeps kicking at the equipment. Sometimes when I am using my bbplus, my boy also like to kick it.



Keer13,

We doing reno for our house now. But my inlaws explicitly said that they “would like” me to finish my confinement either at their place or at my mom’s before moving in…duhz…we are still considering..



Rdg who do confinement for us,

I think I still prefer CL. Cos if I dun agree or dun like what the CL is doing, I can tell her and she should listen to me afterall I am the paymaster. But if is own mom or mil..they would have problem listening or following our way of doing things, so I guess would more or less have issues like what jellypurin mentioned. Now the thing is, I alr engaged a CL and I might be doing confinement either at in-laws or at mom’s house..so its gg to be super cramp loh to accommodate the CL. I so WANNA do my confinement at the comfort of my new house… 



Supergal,

How much did you pay for the playmat? Its not cheap right?



Ceres,

Think what you want is the play gym instead of the playmat?

 
Hahah.. Ceres, I know stroller is expensive, that's y I didnt asked him to buy for me although he offered and I know he dont mind. Last week, his wife asked me again. So paisey leh..



Jaclyn: Hmm! I think i should just tell him voucher... Thanks!

 
hi mtb.. juz now i pee and one lump dropped out. It is abt 1.5 inch and it looks like mucus but it is a bit coiled. never seen such thing b4... any mummies got similar experience? I was experiencing cramp yesterday but i rem mrs wong said if can fall asleep means its not contraction. then instead of been constipated as usual, i ve been poopoo-ing like twice a day and soft stools like almost diarrhoea... are all these some signs of labour? My appt is tomo.. think i will wait till tomo then ask gynae.. home alone tonight so very jittery and scare..



btw hor.. i kana infection so many times but my gynae never once strap anything on me to check for contraction leh... usually it is juz ultra sound and see bb's heartbeat.. that's all. I doubt she'll do anything different or extra tomo..



tomo i ve to submit my finger prick blood sugar results..hope she will pass me lor..



cant wait to see bb tomo! wondering if she has grown as fast as me or not!

 
oh.. juz now i was trying to recall how to fold nappy. Mrs wong taught us how to fold nappy without using pins one.. but now i totally cant recall! anyone can still rem??



also can i check ..most of you bought desitin cream for nappy rash hor. Mrs wong mentioned that dun use nappy rash cream until the rashes appear else it may not be effective.. so like to ask anyone of you bought barrier cream instead? which brand huh?

 
oh.. juz now i was trying to recall how to fold nappy. Mrs wong taught us how to fold nappy without using pins one.. but now i totally cant recall! anyone can still rem??



also can i check ..most of you bought desitin cream for nappy rash hor. Mrs wong mentioned that dun use nappy rash cream until the rashes appear else it may not be effective.. so like to ask anyone of you bought barrier cream instead? which brand huh?

 
Atomic kitten, hope it's not the mucous plug that was out...do check with your gynae tmr...



Ceres, yup think what you referring to is a play gym! I got one also at the last bb fair at Expo..think is about $59. Sometimes the price may depend on the dangling toys I think...can checkout at the motherhood fair this weekend. Hopefully they have something similar...



Sun tan, I bought the playmat at around $135 for an M size mat...slightly cheaper than what SSW is selling online cos I got it through a BP thread sometime in April...I like the material and felt it's quite worth the price!

 
Atomic kitten, I bought both the Desitin nappy rash and the Avent baby bottom balm. Yup will only use desitin when there are signs of nappy rash...otherwise, will just use the preventive balm

 
SERENE & CHEESE,



My next checkup is next Monday, aiyoh forgotten to ask who's the backup doctor incase dr ang is away.Any idea?



Can I know both of you opt for natural or c section? Your EDD?

 
ho vernie, supergal & alicia : thanx! I must be dreaming during Mrs Wong's class... i better go grab the avent barrier cream. My hubby bought this papaw cream when he was overseas.. but i think its a nappy rash cream.



serene : I did something disgusting.. I actually grabbed a cam and took a pic of the toilet bowl with the lump! Think tomo I show my gynae.. hope it is nothing too serious..since no blood..



My hubby juz touched down in Beijing and called me saying that he'll be taking the next available flight back..for a while I tot it is bcoz of me.. the "lump" and he be accompanying me to gynae..then i realized it is bcoz of my FIL who is in critical condition now! I'm very much saddened by his condition.. I really hope he can make it for my bb's birth. He told me he will fight on and wait for his first grandchild to be born... baby like can sense ... eversince my hubby's call.. I can feel her movements very strong. I wasnt allowed to visit my FIL at the hosp coz they pang tang. I better go rest now coz i going fetch my hubby at airport at 7am then be rushing to hosp straight..

 
AtomicKitten -- u try to yahoo for mucus plug image.. under the image tab.. i found the pic, but tot its a little too gross to post it here.. keke..



Sito -- no idea wor.. so far hor, when he go overseas, the nurses will not schedule any appt on those dates de lei.. but i know got relieve gynae for emergency delivery.. i will be gg for natural delivery w/o epi.. edd suppose to be 17th july but i shud be inducing at the last week of june

 
serene,my edd nw 18jul!hehe.i wana natural,bt doc ang nv say abt birth yet eh.juz give me admission form.he ask u to induce on end june?

 
morning mommies,

Its only tue..today is tuesday bluezz..so sian..



atomickitten,

You take care ya. Try not to walk so much and do update us.

 
morning mummies...

ive gotten over my stinky mon.

tdy is tue!!! still haf another 4days b4 end of the wk...



anyways, my face sucks. got lotsa breakout leh... sianz....

n ive water retention.i notice my toes look like lil cocktail sausages in the evening time. so ugly~

n my wt suddenly boomz. tat's depressing...



k.. ive complained enuff...



atomic>> wat's the thgy tat 'dropped' into the toilet bowl? update us aft ur gynae ok?

 
atomickitten,

do take care ya. the mucus plug image that i've seen is quite gross but it gives you an idea what it looks like. most mommies described it as snot (the whitish/yellowish glob that you blow out when you're having a cold), with/without blood

http://www.ambiguous.org/quinn/image...cous-plug3.jpg



sun_tan,

i'm also having tue blues. yesterday was all right for me. today, woke up, din feel like going to work, so reluctantly dragged myself to office [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
ica,

Hai..everyday i wake up, dun feel like gg to work. anyway, this week would be a short week for me too cos got gynae visit on fri, so gg to take MC from him and after that would be gg for the motherhood fair at expo. Another 2 more days for me..dragging myself through the hrs..



DQ,

Hate you for all your posting of delicious food via FB!!!

 
sun_tan,

wow! so nice, can plan for this Friday outing. hehehe! me planning to go for the Motherhood Fair this Thur after work



oh! yesterday i put my nipple btwn my index and middle fingers, cup my breast and pressed down. then i saw some liquid on my nipple. i tried on the other breast, also has the liquid when i pressed down. is that milk??

 
suntan>> muahahahha... make u hungry~~ lol!!

but tink ive been eating too much. suddenly my wt juz shoot up! or mayb im gettin constipated these days... my poopoo add to my wt.

kekekek... self denial~~~



u shiok lor... this fri can take mc n go bb fair... this is a super long wk for me. sigh...

lookin fwd to next wk! cuz my gynae appt on mon!! yay!! can c my bb again~ woohoo!!

 
haa, am both looking forward and not looking fwd to my gynae visit this fri. Looking fwd cos can see bb and not looking fwd cos i need to be weigh again!!! Me in denial too..lol..

 
i weigh myself every morning... tat's a damn sad way to start my day lor... feel depressed when i c more wt gain!

how i wish bb put on wt & i can 'lose' my wt to him... n my gross wt maintains...

nevertheless, this is juz my wishful tinkin.

most imptly is bb's growing well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



i plan to go expo on sat. u all muz update got 'gd stuffs' anot ya?

thx~

 
dq

u r not alone. later i go gynae, i dun wanna go on the weighing machine... i feel sad to see my weight going up and nv cmg down... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
jellypurin>> samesame... n u saw my face rite? gettin fr bad to worse!

next wk is prenatal PS liao.. dunno how to conceal!!! muz go get POWERFUL concealer. hahahah..

 
Know that this topic has been brought up a couple of times, but i still cannot decide: whether to wear maternity pad or normal pad. Whats your preference mummies?



Also for PJ in hospital, is it better to wear those 2 pc PJ or those gown type?

 
Hi Morning mummies,



How are you gals doing recently, was bz at work but i did spent some time reading the post. cos the post moving too fast liao..



Shd be at wk 32 for me now. I'm with Dr. Ang too. he mention that he will be gg in mid june wo. But for a few days only.



hey mummies, recently i hv been feeling the tightness ard my tummy and sometimes it doesnt go off. Is this how BH feels like? Went to Dr Ang last thursday cos the feeling lasted for the whole of wed night and thursday dun feel bb moving so i panic and went to Dr Ang. he chk my crevice and strap me on CTG. upon hearing my bb heartbeat then felt relieve.



Was given Ventolin by Dr Ang.

 
suntan>> dunno if im cockeyed... i cant seem to find maternity pads at some stores... n wat brands of maternity pads r avail?

i usually c kotex. there r 2 kinds... the ones w sticky tape & the loop kind.

how to wear the loop kind?

which brand is better??

i haven buy my pads...



but i bot disposable panties @ guardian yesterday.

cheap. 2 pkts of 5pcs each only for $5.90.

so ave only $0.59/pc.



as for PJ, im gg to brg those button down 'shirt' kind... tink it's ezier for BF bah...

 
dq

same lah. my breakouts are outrageous as well ... moral damn low, fat and ugly, but nvm... we jia you and jian fei and get our nice skin back. few more weeks!

 
I going to buy button down pj with silk material one, but nearby shops nv sell eh.. my mama going to help me buy in si ma lu..



heard that cotton panties is nicer to wear and i bought 3packet nia.. can wash a few times de.. so wonder if this is enough, not enough then ask hubby to buy barz.



May- me also doc ang

He schedule to see him in a months time which by then im Wk36 le.. wonder why so late..

dun noe when he really go off for his short trip.



hope bb is well can le.. counting down 7 weeks to full term!

 
jellypurin>> now im worried abt how my PS will turn out lor.. cuz my face like errmm...

mayb ask Allison to take ALL arty farty shots for me, cant c face kind! lol!!!

cannotcannot... like tat waste monie~ kekekek...

i tink i'll b more shag durin confinement lor.. sure more breakouts. cuz hothot, greasygreasy... duhz...



cheese>> my silk PJs were bot yrs ago, from this shop called 'Isrida'.

but tink this shop like extinct liao...

i tink waterloo (simalu) shd b able to find.. if not can try chinatown!

tink ive seen them b4.. when i shopped for PJ when i was prep for my wedding. hee..

 
hi cheese,



i saw the button pj at toa payoh last week. it's along some shop hse. material quite good and not very ex.



I bought 1 2pcs and 1 drop down.



Check with TMC, according to the nurse who did my CTG, she mention that TMC do provide gown or clothes during stay. But some parents want nice nice want so they hv to bring themselves.



As for Dr Ang, if i didnt rem wrongly, the nurse says that he will be away ard 3rd wk of June.



My next appt to see him is on 12 June morning. what abt u? Maybe we can arrange to meet up at his clinic. haha....



sun_tan, heard for some experience mummy, according to them use the normal night pad can liao... + can save $$ to buy more things for BB. think i agree with them also... Think i will be getting those normal night pad ba. And it is easier to find and buy. In case not enuf, can ask hubby go NTUC to get.

 
morning ladies ,



Am surviving another day of 3hrs sleep again. Battling "insomnia" + Bb's super active during night time.



BTW, out of curiousity, how r u mummies feeling now that our EDD is abt 1mth away? For me, I feel more scared than excited or anxious, dunno why le.

 
dq

me too, i think i just ask allison to PS my pimples... lol



junie

it's normal. i have nesting instincts now... all i wanna do is buy bb stuff and clean my room but got no time and energy to do it... v sian...

 
may>> so u gettin maternity pad or normal ones?

i dunno how much gonna be my flow like.. scat normal ones not enuff...



mrslong>> i was sufferin fr insomnia too.. on sunday nite. yesterday came to wk like a awlkin zombie. dun tell me u r wkg too tdy?

tat feelin sucks to the max.



im feelin STRESS lor... rather than excited or anxxious... hahahah...

n also scaredd.....

 
Morning mommies,



dont worry about the pimples @ ur PS... normally can't really see one. Or they will edit away if too ugly.



This morning I woke up, went to the toilet to brush teeth and wash face, started coughing and then felt the need to vomit!! Ended up vomitting yellow bile cos it was 1st thing in the morning... waaaa I used to do that when I had nausea during my first 5 months.. i pray it don't come back!!



on the positive note, its 1st of June! Just another 1mth to go. I am excited to hear all the birth stories, i think end of this mth we will have mommies popping already =)

 


dq

i bought the loop kotex... cheap... the other brand is pureen. can buy from KP all these items...



buy enough just for ur hospital stay. when u get home can use regular nite pads that you are used to...

 

Back
Top