(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Kat: Doc also no idea but just ask u eat panadol to ease pain?



Actually i find pregnancy still got alot of things like not known.. like no idea why this why that just wait till BB out only. The only thing is to endure.

 


my GP tells me that.. because not many dares to test drugs on pregnant woman.. thats why a lot of medications are not tested and not really known if they have adverse effects.. before u take any medication, its best to google it online and look out for the "dosage for pregnancy" to see if there are tests done on the medication or not.. if unsure, dun take the medication [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



but Kat is right, panadol (paracetamol) can be taken but not the extra type.. those can be eaten to treat fever too.. its safe for pregnancy.

 
I went to the Philips carnival sale. Sorry mummies didnt take note of much items cos i have bought what i need previously so didnt bother to compare. I only know the Avent bottom balm selling at $14.50. There's bundle pack for bottles but all sold out. I only bought the VIA cups, 10 cups with lids for $15. Dunno what to use them for but i just bought cos usual price is $30+..



Also got avent blender + steamer, and breast pumps and with $100 purchase of pumps still got some freebies like the cream or something.



other items i got are non baby stuffs but there are some gd deals.

 
Sweetkiss, the VIA cups are good. I also bought 30 of them previously from Robinsons. If you are using the avent breast pump, you can attach the cups to your pump directly and can store your milk in these cups as well. Can even fit the teat over these cups and baby can drink directly from there...next time when baby is older, can even be used to store those semi solid foods!

 
Morning mommies,

nowadays after a night sleep, I always wake up with a very bad backache. U mommies also experience the same thing?

 
Suntan: absoulutely.. Furthermore... i did not even get any pre-natal massage at all yet. Thinking of getting one but lazy to cal. Sigh~ I also feel that my feet very hard to move, think abit swollen alrdy.

 
Good morning Ladies.



Nowadays, I dont get complete good rest either. Either backache, legs get restless and also tummy tightening. Very uncomfortable.



Spoke to Gynae about tummy tightening and he prescribed "Nifedipine". He said that this will suppress onset of early contractions.



I do desire baby to grow and reach full term... but realistically speaking I dont mind baby come out around 38 weeks... Coz it is taking a toll on me. Not only that... I cant wait to see, touch, cuddle, kiss and love my little gal in person [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Jayamum, do you often feel tummy tightening? I feel that only when I've been walking too much. Always worry it's more than just Braxton hicks. Will check with my gynae when I go for my check upon Tuesday.

 
Ann : How are you already? Hope everything is ok.



Back ache: Ya i felt this at the begining of my 3rd trimester. Especially if i sleep on my back. Wake up sure to get the back ache one.

 
Hi MTBs...



weather very very hot! My BB cloths just bring out only.. ytd wash one. Stupid weather!



Ytd clearing space for my BB items & clear my cloths so more space incase BB need it. Bought those vaccum storage bag to put my cloths in. Wow, really fat alot ever since i pregnant. Hopefully can slim back n wear my cloths.



I also felt tightening ard my stomach when i walk too much or eat too much. Hah.



Feel like calling for massage but lazy. If set appt later no time how.. how i wish got those on call ones. Immediately i call very fast come. Hah.

 
Hi Babycoco, yes tummy tightening is during walking and when I stand up from sitting positiion. Also a very uncomfortable poking feeling a the vagina area when I am walking. Almost like something is sticking out down there... but nothing lah.. hahahahha.

 
Jaya: thats scary.. i think i know what u thinking what's poking out lor. Dun think of that too much...



But recently my appetite is gd but funny thing is once i eat i cannot eat alot but i'm very hungry.. but still like cannot stuff food inside.

Then i feel very sad cuz very hungry. Last time i hungry will have growling sound but after i pregnant no more but starting frm wk 30 onwards.. the sound is back. dunno why.

 
reply from MOM on ML - This if for those eligible of 16weeks of ML ONLY.



"The 16 weeks maternity leave refers to 7 x 16 days = 112 days. The 112

days maternity leave would include rest day, off days and public holidays.

Section 77 (2) of the Employment Act also states that the employer is not

required to compensate the female employee with an extra day's salary for

any holiday which falls within the period of maternity leave."

 
so if the above is true from MOM, any exceptions is made purely between your Company's HR Policy and your boss's good will.



so sad, lugi some holidays when on ML [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
serene

yes, will be calendar days. as far as i am concern, most coy will not close 1 eye. as a full time paid stuff, it is inevitable u will b asked to fulfill ur duites as soon as u can. also, MNCs will be worse, cos they track. besides that, u will need to fill out a form to declare ur ML start/end date so that ur coy can be reimbursed by the gov for the last 8 weeks of ur ML. almost cannot escape... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

 
hmm.. actually all coy will ask us to fill up ML form so that they can claim from gahment.. bo pian lor.. got better than nothing.. keke.. take later lor..



when are all of u taking ur MLs? 36th week?

 
jellypurin-correctly lor, i also got check mom and even used the tools assesment.Ph and weekends are included in ml.



I'm thinking to resigned once i come back to work. I cant work anymore with the safety school.



Eveyone got 2 months bonus and increment. I 1/2 month bonus and no increament at all. They been giving me hardtime since the day i declare i am 24 weeks pregnant.



My diploma will only be complete by end December 2010, so i hope to get job by January 2011.



Some more doctor say if my Blood Pressure very high i might have a C section thats why i on HL till 22 June 2010. I hope to extend my HL till 30 June 2010. 01 July start work than if doctor decided to C section me due to high BP i will agreed to it. Baby will be around 37-38 Weeks by then..

 
Serene - All companies will die die asked we all to fill up the claims for ML since they can claim from GOVT.



I 16 weeks all fully paid by govt. So upon coming back from ML, i will resigned than. Cannot offset my tender notice while on ML.



I am thinking to take normal A/L and CL if i still not in labour yet. I want to save the ML.

I will apply ML only upon i am admit to hospital.



So if deliver on Early July meaning by October have to start work already.

 
CT : i left my job to ensure this pregnancy materialise.. previously, when i was pregnant with #1, i was cornered and was asked to go because my ex boss thinks that preg woman cannot bring in sales..



so i tell myself.. next job i wanna get, i must make sure it suits me as in.. able to take care of bb, lesser pay never mind but i must be happy lor.. hubby ask me to take my time and find a job next year cause he understands that i need to be with bb at least for the first 3 -6 mths...



jia you.. if u are not happy, 8 hours of work will feel like 18 hours.. u will not be happy also..



induction? -- im sure many of u know that i had a still birth last pregnancy at 30th week of my pregnancy. well, even thou now, we have passed that crucial week of the pregnancy and so far gynae say it looks like a good chance of materializing this pregnancy.. but i got a phobia of having a bb in my tummy and yet not in control.. i get very kan cheong and more sensitive in monitoring this little girl... i spoke to gynae, he say that i can induce at week 37 if conditions are right.. hubby tell me to leave the decision whether to induce or not to my gynae..



how? shud i wait or induce? both, im alright but.. induce will make me less panicky... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]



i hope i can get some directions someway.. i keep praying for an answer...

 
Hi Serene, sad to hear what you had to go through. If you ask me, i can understand why you are kancheong for baby to come out. Even I didnt go through what you've been through, Im also constantly worried about him. In my opinion, if baby has grown to the proper size and lungs are developed, then you might want to consider induction. Just to help you with the worrying as that oso can affect baby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Ultimately, the choice is yours and your hubby as well as what your gynae says.. whatever it is, hope it works out well for you!

 
Serene - I also wished if Doctor can induced me i prefer induced at week 38.



Baby are perfectly fine and ready to be born at 38 weeks.



I just want to plan everyting well so that i can start new life , new baby, new job for year 2011.



By natural also good save money on the Induced so i hope baby can be out naturally by week 38lor.



Now already so tired. Breathless and whole legs are aching when i stand too long or sleep at one side. Easy to have cramps too.



I hope Baby weight also must be just nice by week 38. If tooo big than week 37 can take out already.



Not all mummies will born baby at 40 weeks sharp. So by week 37 all of us must get ready all the necessary arragement.

 
Hello everyone.



I am discharged from hospital this morning and given 2 weeks of HL.



Thanks for all your concerns. The contraction had finally stopped. Phew!! Now on pills to prevent it from coming back so soon. I really hope that BB can stay in there till full term.



I really think single ward is very popular lei. I choose single ward to stay in but was told fully booked and can only give me double ward. After staying in double ward, I finally realise I really need a single ward when i give birth. Double ward feel cramp to me. Then sharing a room with someone u dunno seems awkard. Even going to bathroom also tough. For example, i wanna pee, then my neighbour went bathing. Got to bear with it till she finish bathing. I told hubby most imptly, cannot fart in the room cos later fart come out so loud then felt so pai sei. Haha!!

 
Ann : How are you today?



btw ladies... have anyone of you experienced the check for dilation? Heard from a friend that it was so painful for her that she changed her mind to go natural to C-section GA... and delivered her bb last week!

 
Hahahaha Ann,.. you are hilarious... Glad to know that you are discharged. What medicine have they prescribed to prevent the contractions?

 
AtomicKitten: I am fine today. Now at home. Not allow to go anywhere.



I was given the VC to check if I am dilated at the labour ward. Not painful at all.. just relax and try not to tense your muscle below. It's ok.





Jayamum: Really lei.. actually that's what i did.. my fart came out loudly in the room.. I was standing and going to sit down on the bed, when the fart just came out. I didn't plan for it to come out one. My neighbour was bathing but her hubby was in the room. So pai sei.



My neighbour was snoring so loudly when she was napping. I was watching tv and putting the headphone on but I cann still hear her snore. Luckily at night when she sleeps, she don't snore so loud at all. Hehe!!



They prescribe me with Ventolin Tab 2MG (Salbutamol). Dunno what's tat but as long as it works.

 
Ann : what is VC huh? hehee.. think after give birth will pass out more gas one.. my fren advises me to bring air freshener in case visitors come and the room smells of fart.. then everyone knows its you ..esp if its a single room :p

 
AtomicKitten: Ya lo.. will be working from home instead.



VC is virginal check.. the nurse will put gel on 2 fingers and push into your cervix to check if u are dilated or not. Luckily mine is still close tight.



Haha.. but at least in single room, i can fart whenever i wan.. no need to keep holding it back. Not good for health lei.

 
Ventolin is given help to expand the lungs so that the chest would not be thight and breathless. Normally prescribe for asthma patient.



My gynae gave me macopan to reduce the high blood pressure and early contractions.

I on asprin too to thin the blood so that oxygen can pass to the bb..

 
In KKH B1 that is 4 bedded is always empty. It is a good you are alone or double.



The ones that are full will be the B2, B2+ and class C. Very popular and sold out the busineess administration officer told me.



But only B1 AND A1 PATIENT will be seen by their own gynae and i was told to pay $740 deposit if i decide on B1 class.



I still not decided which one A1 OR B1 CAUSE IF BABY C SECTION within now to 36 weeks and got to stay NICU for 1 months or more i have to pay almost $30K for it.



So even with hubby and my medisave $20K cannot cover the baby NICU.



If baby is good by week 38 no problem i will choose A1.



I dont want to waste soo much money on delivery cause when baby out more money out, injections , check up and other expenses will raise up too. So trying my best to control the unnecessary expenses so that the left over will be a gift for the baby.

 
Ann,

Glad to know that you've been discharged and resting at home. remember, if not necessary, don't move too much ya



Yes, what CT said on ventolin is true - it's for asthma. so the hospital gave you the pills or the inhaler? if inhaler, did they tell you the correct way to use it? it's important if you want full benefits of this drug. i'm asthmatic but i use seretide instead. ventolin is for emergency, seretide is to control asthma



CT,

you also take good care of your health. i read that celery can help to reduce blood pressure but not sure whether it's a good thing to eat it or drink the juice too much when pregnant

 
I take ventolin for my asthma! I wonder how it helps in reducing contractions.



I had a VC done as well. It hurts when a speculum was inserted to collect some sample to check for early delivery. But when Dr just inserted fingers to check for cervix dilation, that was ok.



I think a lot of us are eagerly counting down already! Too many aches and pains!



By the way just to share that the prenatal massage at Bella Luna was good so I signed up a home and salon massage for after birth. Can convert to prenatal as well but not much time left for that cos they require Dr's letter once you are 32 wks to certify that you are still suitable for massage.

 
Thanks for ur advices.. thats why i have been eating durians to ensure that bb's weight growth is good.. actually induce jus need to pay extra for the pills and i will still go thru natural birth..



and i agree, i havent been sleeping well cause im only one sleeping position by my bb.. if im on my sides, not only will i wake up with a cramped tummy, bb will not be too active the next day.. but the weather is so hot, i will be perspiring on my back and bedsheet will be wet too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]



leg cramps, muscle cramp.. simi cramp all come also.. i feel like carrying a big sack of rice everywhere i go.. walking speed also slow down.. start to drag my feet too..



but im not complaining too much about that la.. i tell myself.. as long as bb healthy and growing.. whatever thing i also will tahan..



Ann -- glad u are ok.. try to talk to bb more now.. tell bb to wait a while more.. and have complete bed rest ok? meaning.. lie on the bed on ur back and dun move arnd the house unless u are gg toilet or having ur meals. if u do that frequently, bb will be able to stay inside for a longer time..

 
Ann,

Happy to hear that you and BB are alright. Please take good care. This is our last lap already [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]



Serene,

You're a very strong woman. I admire your strength [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] You are a fighter and so is your child. So let your bb decide when to appear? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Meanwhile like what you said, fatten your kiddo up by eating durians. This is what I intend to do from next week on [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

 
Yesterday took my #1 to the Zoo with my friends and their 2 kids (without my hubby). Wow, ended up with a very bad backache and could hardly walk. Think I walked too much recently. So so so want to have a good massage...



Just went to the Philips sales, ya, think the Avent BB stuff mostly snapped up liao. Hey, there's this blue BB hair shaver/cutter you guys (esp those with boys) may want to consider. Going at $79. I got mine at $109. No choice, gotta cut my #1's hair myself coz he will always struggles and kicks up a huge fuss when we took him to the hair dresser. Always ends up swallowing hair and traumatised.

 
serene : I also havent been sleeping well. These days I actually detest sleeping coz so uncomfortable. Every night I felt super hot n perspire tho air con already full blast.. then hubby keep complaining too cold. Almost every night, each leg will take turn to cramp. Then pelvic so pain until cannot move... When I sleep on side.. I'm like crushing my tummy n when I wake up in morning tum tum pain.. when I sleep on my back.. I cant breathe and feel like throwing up.. But you're right.. as long as baby is growing n healthy.. no matter how xin ku ..its all worth it!

 
phy : you can still bring your #1 to the zoo! You know I go ntuc buy groceries I already feel very xin ku. So I decided to give the Philips sales, the upcoming bb fair and the GSS a miss le [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I got great difficulty getting out of the car. My tummy now is abt 41 inches!!!! I wonder how big it is going to grow...hehee

 
hi mommies



how's everyone's saturday? mine's been tiring too. my #1 is being v difficult to handle these days... often wonder if it is true what the old folks say... that they know that their sibling is coming and hence, will bcome difficult to the mommy.



i'm not making much progress on slp either and each day, it's getting more and more challanging to carry our bump around and as bb grows bigger, it gets more difficult to get around



weather is a dread and even after a cold water bath and being in an air-con room, i am still sweating and drinking cold water does not help either...



only thing i can look forward to is that we are all counting down to single digit weeks for delivery!

 
jellypurin: i heard you should get a gift for your #1. Tell #1 the gift comes from #2 ... you can also ask #1 to choose a gift for #2. Thats what my friend did to help #1 not "hate" #2. heheh



Weather: I agree... weather is so hot i have the aircon on and the fan on me. Then my hubby is shivering under the comforter. I feel sorry for him but what to do, im really hot!!!

 
phy -- thanks!!



Totally understand all the pain we are going thru man.. too bad, my room got no air con and we are surviving on fan nia.. 3 cold baths everyday and one last one before i sleep.. i change my bedsheet once a week cause im perspiring everyday.. sometimes less than a week i will wash liao.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]



For leg cramps hor.. sometimes its due to a drop in temperature.. u can try wearing socks to sleep or jus cover ur leg when u are sleeping.. avoid cold drinks in the night too.. but i tried none of that.. ahahha.. i jus happen to surfed it online.. didnt try cause the weather's too hot.. and i really cannot be bothered liao.. sleep alr no enuff.. still have to chap so many things.. haha... :x

 
oops sorry. i buy the avent electric steriliser for $120.. but i see online retail price is $119. I was thinking it should be cheaper than retail price but now compare seems not...



can anyone enlighten me?

 


Serene,

try flexing your toes towards u. Helps to prevent leg cramps. I do that and really, no cramps



these days I also feel very heavy and pelvic region getting sore, like I did a lot of squats or something like dat

 

Back
Top