(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

junie,

not really...depends on the body...GP say very seldom after vaccine will develop de..

actually we didn't wanna vaccine him 1..haiz..

cherry.sue: Nice!! I used to have a blog too, already kept one for years conscientiously, started from the time i was dating my hubby (then BF) and he was still in NS. But it became obsolete after my girl turned 4 months, as i have no time to maintain it. Moreover i post everything on FB now.. Just started a new one recently, still working on it to migrate related entries about my pregnancy + child's progress into the new blog.

Hi Mummies,

any 1 wanna get items from carters n osh gosh,

i getting some items for luke there.

Drop mi a e-mail to [email protected]

Please indicate:

Item link

Size

Colour

Quantity

Price

If out of stock please provide alternative

I will close the take in on Thursday. Payment $$ will be calculated based on my cc bills(no extra charges) n shipping fee will be divided to the amt of things ordered.

Hokey Pokey mummies: I remember sometime back that you mention we can order balloon bouquet from you. I would like to order the Cars bouquet for this Saturday. How much is it and can I collect from someone house preferably in the north instead of Suntec cause I have quite a packed schedule that day.

Hi lasery, i'll send you my order!

any idea if the carter's clothes run big or small? i remember their rompers were too small for my girl - she's quite chubby. she can wear mothercare 2y/3y clothes. Should I get 2T or 3T for her for shorts? i'm scared 3T will be too big coz she already has a few Cotton On shorts (2T) that keep falling off...

peanut...for luke, top/rompers/1 piece i get 3T...pants i get 24 mths de...

look for those tt can adjust inside 1 for the shorts..pull up shorts get their age size. coz tt 1 cannot adjust n too big will drop.

he's already wearing cerisi 3T ...those 2T or 24mths he raise his hands can see belly liao..those can fit him around 16mths like tt =.=!!..y our babies so big size arh...i think must be the milk powder..

thanks for the advice, sent you my order! thanks!

ya, and i think they eat lots of good food nowadays also...not to mention all the snacks...

peanut,

sure sure, i recieve yr order liao..

ya i guess so...mine was stop by a mrt uncle tt time...he is advice to get a SMRT card!!!...

i told him he's not even 2 yrs old yet but he hit the mark..haiz..

this weekend need to take his bcert n go the control centre to buy a card for him..incase kana again.

Lasery: so serious ah~! my gal usually either in stroller or carrier when crossing the gates, so not much being checked by the station staff. But I m getting worry about this matter too since traveling by MRT/Bus is so frequent....

I find the height limit for one to buy ezylink card is ouﹰtdated. Nowadays kids grow taller at a young age.

They should go by age, rather than height. Why "penalise" the kids just cause they r tall.

beannie,

ya coz i always make him walk...unless he walk until too tired / sleepy then i put him inside carrier or stroller...he super lazi de..

then the uncle saw us walk thru the gate together n there's a line mark at the gate..he happen to be just nice at the mark..

then he walk up n advice loh..maybe tt say just suay lah..

junie, i totally agree on tt loh..but it shld be by age n weight nt height.some kids r tt huge til they neta occupied a seat by themselves which is unfair to the paying people..

ya, not cheap lor.

Their family package promo for the deluxe room is RM$1,200nett, inclusive of breakfast, tickets to Malacca Butterfly and pinic takeaway (wonder what's that).

Junie, depends on whether you're going to Malacca just to stay in a resort/hotel or to actually enjoy what Malacca has to offer.

Philea Hotel is very near to the Ayer Keroh exit. So if you're thinking of going into Malacca town, it's quite a drive going in, then you have to drive back out to the hotel.

I just went there recently and stayed at Casa del Rio, by the river. It's within walking distance to Jonker Walk. I find this hotel is better as a base.

hi vernie,

If not mistaken, last time you said you order tingkat for your dinner right?

So you still continue with the tingkat service now?

POLW outing

Date: 24 June (Sun)

Time: 10.30am

Venue: POLW Sentosa

1. mrslong

2. Chelz

3. Ann (TBC)

4. babycoco

5. AK

6. ecym (TBC)

I also cannot go. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Boy down with high fever, cough & runny nose since yesterday. Even if he recovers, will still want him to rest over the weekend coz his 2nd birthday celebration in school is on Mon - don't want to miss that. He has not been going to school for 2 days already...

carol: I used to get tingkat from Neo Garden...but have since stopped...coz hubby travels a lot and too much food going to waste when he is not around...

hi vernie:

oic. I also plan to order tingkat food but afraid if we work ot, then the food will be wasted too.

Btw, you will assign your current nanny to look after your #2 one too? How much she charge for 2?

Your boy also join playgroup ady?

carol: yes, current nanny will look after #2...that's why started my boy on half day cc/school (pre-nursery) about a month ago so that he will not feel that he has to go to school bcoz #2 is here....he has adapted and enjoying school now which is good...nanny will be charging the same rate as #1 last time, $600 before starting solids...then we will give her lesser ($400 - we came up with it ourselves, she did not want to name the price and we did not want to cut half since 1pm - 8pm is still quite long hours) for #1 since he will only reach home at around 1 pm after school...but these few mths (while #2 is not out yet and for those months when i will be on ML), we are still giving nanny her full fee eventhough my boy only goes there in the afternoon...

Isaias has not fully recovered from his running nose & cough too, but we may still be going ahead with POLW since we're having a staycation @ Hard Rock on Sun - Mon.

Very sad lately le...my boy keep asking for my MIL to sleep with him, pat him to sleep, waking up looking for her, when I sleep with him.

I feel like second class citizen.

Maybe it's time to go for a holiday with my HB liao since I doubt he will misses us.

vernie:

Oic, then is about $1k for both, just like my colleague's nanny fee [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mrslong:

dun be sad..i oso used to be like 2nd class citizen when hubby around.. When nanny showed me her work in school, Joy will snatch from me and showed to her dad, said "papa, u see"..1st thing she open her eyes she will ask "papa leih?"

But i already get used to it le.. think the other way, it means less work for us lol..haha, what else can i think to comfort myself?? sob sob sob...

Hi Mummies

I have a problem here, my gal having serious constipation. She can poo 1 time every 2-3 days, but she have problem passing out, she will cry and make noise. Her poo is very think and long. She is drinking Mamil Gold. Anyone having similar problem?

Thanks

Baby Yen: your bb takes yakurt/fruity yogurt etc?

These actually helps bb daily poo poo...

just a small cup/bowl (2-3 table spoon) 2-3 times a week should help.

my gal so far so good accept on days she is sick, but fruits and yogurt is part of my bb's food daily for fruits/weekly for yogurt if i can(sometimes yogurt is boring for her).

my gal loves watermelon the best being juicy & sweet. My folks always says it's too "liang" so she have rock melon, papaya, small bits of pineapple, apple, etc.

Baby yen - my girl is on Mamil Gold (3) too, but no problems pooing. usually 2 or 3 times a day.

In addition to fruits mentioned by beannie, try banana? i realise my girl's poo is softer after she eats banana...oh and lots of water helps too. does she like to eat veggies?

mummies, i think i'll have have to give the birthday celebration a miss. the next mummy on the waiting list can tke my slot. my FIL recently passed away and i'm not sure if there's any belief that we cannot attend birthday celebrations? but anyway i dont wanna risk offending anyone. hope you all have a great time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

baby yen: y not u let us mummies here know how your bb like to have her fruits - in what ways or flavour.

We do able to share something out for you to try out with your bb to re-introduce fruits and vege to her. because all bb have their own ways when comes to dining at this stage of age.

peanut: Suika (Iris) has kindly agreed to take over your slot. I will be contacting you via email seperately.

Saw the 2 birthday boys Ian and Kayden at Hokey Pokey yesterday! So fast our kiddos all turning 2! Looking forward to seeing all of you at the bash on 14 Jul =)

Ic, then maybe its time to bring him home even on weekdays? Cos now that they are older, they will tends to choose their primary caregiver, thats why his reaction when he wakes up.

planning to lor...but logistically, not convenient now.

But i plan to bring him home during his PG term break, for a start first.

btw, I wanna ask those mummies who are working and have to fetch your kids to CC, in-law's house or PG, how do you do it?

I intend to bring my boy home with me every night soon, though his PG is very near my IL's place. And from my plc to my IL's plc by car (if no jam) is about 20-30mins.

I would forsee that it'd be a mad rush, getting him to drink his milk & for me to have a shower, have breakfast & prepare for work.

I estimate we need to be out of my house by 7.30am. & my boy usually wakes up @ 7am.

Need advise pls.

Junie: Wake up at 7am, make milk for boy. While he drinks, I prepare myself. Then change him into uniform, wash his bottle, eat my breakfast and leave house at around 8am. He will reach school around 8:15am while I reach office around 8:45am (depending on traffic, sometimes even earlier). It is manageable, don't worry. ;)

Junie, Skyler's first feed is at 6am. After feeding he will go back to zzz. I will wake up at 7am, prepare then wake him up at 730am and set off to my mom place then to work. I only take my breakfast when i reached office. Yes, manageable. Been doing this ever since i went back to work after my 4 mths maternity. Last time even worse when i had to wake up at 5am+ to pump.

I guess I just have to try & adjust cuz I usually only sleeps around midnight (after doing the housework).

And my boy usually wakes up once or twice in the night for his water/milk or just "eh eh eh".

His first feed is usually abt 5am - 6am slot. Then he'll go back to sleep till 7am.

So in a way, I'll end up with only 2 or 3hrs of sleep.

Need to also train my boy to drink milk on his own, without me beside him le.

Junie: Ian will sometimes ask for some of my bread if I eat at home. Otherwise, his CC does serve breakfast till 8:30am...if not, there's always the morning tea break for him to eat his breakfast...before he started CC, it was even easier for me, I just wake up, prepare myself then send him to nanny (in his PJ, no need change diaper or anything)! Nanny will settle everything - his milk, breakfast, etc...haha...but now that he has started CC for about 1.5 mths, we have gotten used to the new routine already...don't worry, just have to adjust and you will be able to manage...

Junie: For Kayden, I will still let him stay with my in-law on Monday night and Wednesday night. This way, we will not tire ourselves out. For us, we also leave home at about 7.30am. I will get his bag and my bag packed the night before I go to bed. Then will prepare his uniform and place on the table. If I were to have breakfast, I will get up as early as 6am to do all my things first. Kayden will wake up at about 7am to 7.15am, then I will give him milk while I do the final chores (watever that is) and then I solely concentrate on getting him ready for school. After his milk, I will wash his face, brush his teeth, change him and then off we go to school. You can do it.. dun worry.. just take time to get use to it.

I guess i'm the lucky one. My parents stay very near me and they pick my girl up everyday at 7:50am. Evening time, they will bring her back at 730pm. Next year, she will start nursery at the school near my place.. I am thinking of employing a full time helper & get my mum to monitor, but still not very comfortable with additional person in my house.. would it be better to use the money to put my gal in CC instead, as i dun wish to trouble my mum anymore?

sweetkiss, yes, you r lucky! My opinion is that if in the near future u r not planning for #2, then it would be better to put your gal in cc rather than getting a helper. But if #2 is in mind, then you might want an extra pair of hands helping you around the house.

sweetkiss, yes, you r lucky! My opinion is that if in the near future u r not planning for #2, then it would be better to put your gal in cc rather than getting a helper. But if #2 is in mind, then you might want an extra pair of hands helping you around the house.

Back