(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

sun_tan: i wish to have #2 within this or next year but then again, so scared with leaving a baby with a helper, even though my mum is around. and its so difficult to find a gd helper now..

SK: yes, you're lucky le. It's actually good to stay very near to the kids primary caregiver.

Today I tried for the 1st time to send my son to my IL's hse this morning (usually we will leave him with my ILs on Sun nights).

It was a mad rush. If he has school today, he would have been late, though for me, I reach office around the same time as I normally would.

Now feeling sleepy in office cuz didn't sleep well last night (as usual when the kiddo is sleeping with me at home).

Mrslong: jiayou! Slowly adjust your timing. Soon u will be able to do it and get used to it.

Since a few months ago, my girl has been asking for milk at 3-4am, then 5-6am she wanna pee! I'm always waking up almost every 2 hrs and forever not enough sleep. Maybe i should buy a hot water dispenser in my room to make milk at night, hahaha.

is Keila the only one who is still not used to sleeping alone and will still cry for someone to bring her out of her baby cot and sleep with an adult?

so tired...

Keila is still sleeping in her cot? Oh thought by age 2, they would be too big for cot liao, hehee.

Isaias sleeps with me in his room (while HB sleeps in MBR) when he stays with us.

At my IL's place, my MIL will sleep with him in his room.

So he doesn't really sleep on his own at night, in a way.

eliss,

u r not the 1....my queen size bed fit in 2 adults + 1 baby who will sleep from the extreme left n duno what happen in the middle of the nite he will end up in between hubby n myself.

if i put him in the cot, he will wake up n scream in the middle of the nite too..

the baby cot is those convertible to toddler bed kind... there's a single bed beside her...at different nights, she will sleep there... even then she will also cry for someone to sleep beside her... leychey leh

how to let them sleep on their own throughout the night? crying out is not an option now that we are staying with the in laws

Eliss, Amelie has been sleeping in our bed since 6m old & we find she's getting too big for the 3 of us to sleep comfortably. Last night we put her in her bed (but in our room). She woke up at 1+, we managed to get her to go back to sleep. She woke up again at 3+. Managed to get her to sleep but she woke up crying a few minutes later & would only sleep if I hugged her!!! So our attempt to get her to sleep in her own bed failed quite miserably.

eliss,

can train her. most only need to suffer 1 nite of 2 nites, the rest of the nite can sleep peacefully liao.

M have been sleeping alone in his room since 14months old until now.

I also have this problem... C had been in our bed since 12 mths (maybe earlier) haha!

Recently I sew 1 cotton pillow which I purposely hug on most times to slp...thus have my scent, i placed the pillow in her cot and last nite was doing fine... thou the dogs fight (some growling going on) wake her up, C was angry but rtn to slp soon... will try another night tonight.

eliss: yes, just let her cry out. 1st nite will be very tough.

junie: yes, he sleeps through the nite. we installed camera in his room. can watch him from our room or replay to check whether he slept through the nite before.

good thing about M is that he can sleep from 8pm to 7am (if we let him sleep at 8pm). or take afternoon nap from 2pm - 9pm. we always got problem waking him up from his afternoon nap. If his appetite as good as his sleeping/napping, then our life will be easier. extremely fussy eater!

we r sending him to full day school in august. i dont know how is he going to adjust there since afternoon nap only 2 hours!!!

wOW Chez, marc is champion!

Many mention JL sleep very long already

as his first nap can be 9+ to 2pm, then 2pm wake up for his lunch,

Then after that 5 sleep till 6+. per day is about 15hours.

"Mummies: Is there a solution that drops into bb's ear n helps with ear wax dropping out - something like this ..."

beanie - yup Keila was given i think its called topax something... after 1 week of use not much of use leh. Her ears were smelly... so brought her to a family doc who use a long stringe and water to wash out those wax... wow really a lot sia!!

cheese,

maximum hours we allow him to sleep is 16-17 hours (evening + napping). normally this only happen on monday. bcs total hours (napping + sleeping) he sleep on saturday & sunday only around 11-12hours/ day. monday is to compensate saturday & sunday [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

eliss, i brought marc to PD to ask for ear wax drop to clean his ear but PD said dont need bcs our ear got auto self cleaning function. end up we only pay for consultation fee but get nothing.

can share which doctor did u bring keila to?

Eliss: C lately doesn't allow me to clean her ears. but massage her ears can. I saw some wax at the side of her ear canal already and wanted to remove, I not yet even started, she started rolling all over the floor or the bed escaping from me.

is there any other ways to remove ear wax ...

I bought her to Karri Family - Dr Leslie Tey you know that food blogger... He usually talks a lot but he is very good with children. Keila always go to him for vaccines as he charges the lowest...usually no Q to see him (unlike the tampines PD) and he's very swift in his injection.. and keila will bring back a balloon each time he visits him...(she will asked from the doc mind u)

So on one occassion we complained to him keila's ears very smelly even though we clean her ears pretty often. he says her ear wax were wet so gave us the solution and asked us to follow up one week later. On follow up, he says ear wax still wet so he said he needs to wash out the wax. So asked me to hold Keila firmly and he use the syringe to do the job... Very fast and looks easy. He said it took him 15 years to master this skill... :p Said must use the right force if not the ear drum will be damaged... Keila cried after washing the first ear. i think its becayse hubby and I make a big hooha over the huge large pcs of ear wax that were washed out... Dr said they should not feel the pain only ticklish because water is used to "sprayed" into the ears...

quite ex though each ear cleaning is $20 excluding consultation. But at least Keila's ears are not smelly anymore!

chelz

just a thought - Marc maybe naps too much (you know hardly any calories burnt if he sleeps) that may be the reason why he is always not eagar to eat??!!

wow....Marc wakes up @ 9pm, still can sleep @ 10pm? So he skips his dinner?

Isaias sleeps abt 2-3hrs for afternoon nap only. Then at night, sleeps around 10pm - 7am.

So daily, his sleep is only 11 - 12hrs, which is not optimal le.

Re: Ear cleaning

I've never cleaned Isaias' ears, haha...cuz dunno how to. But at my IL's hse, after shower, my MIL will use cotton swab to clean his ears.

eliss, not very sure abt this bcs he will be very cranky if we force him to wake up. we thought he just like me, sleep 4-5 hours frm monday to friday, accumulate all, then compensate all in 1 day which is my weekend lol. as for him, he will compensate his lack of sleep on every monday afternoon nap.

junie: M also sleep from 10pm-7am. he will auto wakey at 7am include sat & sun.

Ya, Isaias also auto wake-up at 7am mostly, regardless if he sleeps early or later (usually weekends when we are out) the night before.

Why kids like that one hor....not like us adults. If we sleep late, we will wake up later too. But they are different! :p

woa...compare the timing...i think mine is pig leh...

he will nap twice a day...

10.30am - 12 or 1pm

then 4.30 - 7pm

after tt as usual he will go to bed at 10pm and total knock out at 10.30pm..

usually he will wake up 8 or 8.30am depends on the weather...

oh ya the ear cleaning...i always wana help him remove the ear wax but he will move here n move there..1 side of the ear totally cover with wax liao n he simply refuse to let mi clear...any idea if there's off the shelve oil or liquid tt i can get?

@.@

help help mummy!!!!!

Joy's birthday is this Sunday and we planned to celebrate for her in Malaysia, ady ordered the cake etc!

But ytd my uncle passed away, thus my parents all going to Batu Pahat for his funeral.

Now i need to find cake for my girl!

Any kind mummy pls kindly recommend nice bakery!!

Really thanks a lot!!

Chelz: Wow, Marc can really sleep! If Ian can sleep for 2 hours in the afternoon, I will be so happy - usually he naps only 1-1.5 hrs. He is always so awake and energetic...

Think the night sleep quite standard for our kids, 10pm to 7/7:30am...weekend also auto wake up so early! Arrgh!

Carol: I always see Polar (http://www.polarpuffs-cakes.com/polar_cakes.html) selling ready made cartoon character cakes...not sure whether nice or not but with such short notice, guess you can consider them? Most bakeries will require a few days leadtime i think and you only have 2 days before the birthday...

Ear washing: yes yes i need something to wash my C's ears too...

Carol: u call pines garden now to check with them, see if they able to do something for you or at least modify the off shelves cakes for u...

Tel: 6459 5507

They are located at blk 529 ang mo kio ave 10

Thanks MrsC & xbeanniex..

i will try to call later..

Wish able to get no2 cake shape..Icing house need to order 4 days in advance =(

Countdown to Jul'10 Tots Terrific TWO Birthday Bash!!!

Date: 14 July 2012 (Saturday)

Time: 10am - 1pm

Theme: Carebears

Dear Mommies, we'll be having our TERRIFIC TWO! Bash in less than 5 days! See you all soon and do remember to bring your present for gift exchange ;) I'll be sending more details via email to you all shortly.

Jul'10 Tots Terrific TWO Birthday Bash!!!

Please also note that socks is compulsory for both adults and children to enter the playarea. So do remember to bring your socks to the bash.

In addition, I would like to share that as July is a very special month to us, Hokey Pokey will be giving $1 for every paid entry to the Children's Society. Hence this is a good chance to bring your little darlings to Hokey Pokey to play for a good cause. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/7254871.jpg]

I have a few bottles of Sambutamol UK version to sell cause Kayden is taking another type of supplement.

Anyone interested, please PM me.

Selling at $10 per bottle.

i hope everyone had fun @ the bash!

cuz howie n i did!!

can u all tag me on fb if u've got howie or me in ur pics? hee... paiseh ar.. nva brg along my 'cameraman'... my mum who came w me dunno how to use iphone de. lol!!

thxthx!!!!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ello ello,

thanks organiser for having the party done up so well...

oh ya if jaya mummy is looking at here...Luke love his present...^^ thanks alot...do PM me k, wanna know where u get the chart...been looking high n low for those kind.

Saw some of the pic I lt look so much fun!

The pix grace took was nice too! Those preg mum with the number of months! Nice!!!

Hi All mummies

Long time didnt log in due to change of job and difficult to online during office hr and after that have to go back home and take over to take care of bb.

Thanks for organsing the bday bash and we had a great time. Congrat for happy for those who are pregnant with no 2.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi HP mummies,

i have a friend who is asking where have you ordered the carebears cupcakes from? And where did you get the carebears party plates as well?

1.8kg blue Gain IQ

Manufacturded in Ireland

Imported by Malaysia

Distributed by Jin Tai Tong Chinese Medicine Shop(medical hall in Tampines mart)

Expiary date: Mar 2013

Letting go at $45

Collection at tampines on sunday afternoon near tampines JC, toa payoh MRT, novena MRT or orchard MRT during lunch time.

PM me if interested.

Back