(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

babycoco,

ok. think i've only seen huggies swim diapers. oh ya hor, can request for samples.



i just google and see what parenting websites recommend. i'm reading Good Night, Moon to my baby now. she seems to like it. before i bring her into the room, sometimes i'll carry her around the house to bid good nite to people/things eg. good nite poh-poh (my mom), good nite, sophie (her giraffe), good nite, TV, etc. hehehe

 


I went to request for a sample for huggies le. Hehe!!



Ica: Hwa Xia ask me to buy Goon one which is good but really expensive lei.. 3 pcs for about $11 like that. Not worth it lei.



I don't carry him ard to bid goodnight.. I will just place him in his cot and kiss him on the head and say good night to him. Then let him go to sleep on his own. Hehe!!

 
Jastine: if u want to sterilise, u should get silicon one, not latex. FYI, NUK wide neck also fit well with avent bottle.



Ica: reading to bb sounds great! It’s so cute that u bring her ard to bid good nite, such a good habit =) Where do u get the books?



Ann: ur bb is such a gd boy can sleep on his own! Mine usually have to carry until he’s dreamy then can let him sleep. But last nite my hubby brought him to our bed then my hubby fell asleep and I was pumping so can’t really attend to him and all of sudden he fell asleep himself. Think he likes to sleep on bed. If it’s cot he confirm won’t fall asleep like this. Btw the huggies sample will take a few weeks to come and it’s for 7kg onwards. That time I went Hwa Xia, they sold 1 piece of swim diaper at $2. If you intend to let ur bb swim often, you can consider getting a cloth swim diaper. This BP sell at only $6.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4357174.html?1281411770

 
Jasmine - My son's white spot is on his lower front center gum... 2 white spot however can't be wipe off as i will clean his gum every day twice...so is he teething? if is oral candidiasis must see a doc?



Valerie - are you staying at city view? haha if so we are neighbour in future...



phy - my son keep playing with his right fist recently too... moving his fingers...



Ann - I brought mine to hwa xia last week...he love it very much...they sell swim diaper per pc at $2... we thought of getting a tub for him...cos their package quite ex...

 
Ann

Actually there's another hong kong dim sum restaurant on northpoint level 3 which is more spacious and serve better food call MAY something can't remember Liao. Price wise also cheaper compared to xin Wang

 
ica - So is normal to have the white spot huh? not need to see a doc huh?



Rubbing of eye/ear - my son do that too... but is only when he's tired... i also remove his mitten liao... however try to keep his nails short...



30 Oct - there a gathering meh? at where? interested cos i miss the 1st gathering due to something on...

 
Irene: No la. My baby sometime also need to be carry to sleep one. But most of the time, when we bring him back from my in law house, we will try to keep him awake till we reach home then it's easier to put him to sleep cos already very sleepy. So with pacifier and his smelly pillow, he will fall asleep quite fast. The technique is make him super sleepy. Haha!!



Ya.. intending to let him swim more often when he is able to go to swimming pool. Maybe I would consider buying that reusable diaper when he is older. Hehe!!



Keropi: Ya.. going there to swim regularly is expensive. But I think we can bring BB to swimming pool from 6mths onward.. was thinking of getting the tub too but then another 3 more mths and BB will be able to go swimming in the public pool le. So not sure if it is still worth to get the tub. I only scared when BB is 6 mths, the tub would become obsolete and get chuck one side.

 
Sito: Is it call Mayim Chinese Cuisine? I don't mind. You coming for the gathering?



Mummies who are going for gathering on 10th Oct



Ok with what Sito had suggested? Mayim chinese cuisine? If everyone is ok, I will call up or drop by to make reservation during weekend.



North Mummies Lunch/Tea Gathering



Date: 10th Oct, Sunday

Venue: Mayim Chinese Cuisine, Northpoint

Time: 1pm



Attendees:

1)Annie

2)Jastine

3)Keer13

4)Fanny

5)vivi

 
Greetings from Fotographilia!



We are having a promotion for weekday studio sessions from Monday to Thursday, 10am to 8pm, at $180 for 20 soft copies edited and printable to S8R size!



Do call us soon for a booking soon!



Visit us at www.fotographilia.com



Promotion is valid till 15th of November!!!


 
Ann - The tub is inflatable one so can keep... plus for these 3 mths if i didn't buy the tub.. by gg hwa xia 2 times can buy one tub from bp liao... more worth it.. next timecan pass down to others or keep for number 2 mah...hahaha

 
ica - How do you read to your bb? Read to her while she is lying in her cot? Or sit her up on your lap and you flip the book in front of her and read to her? I started reading to my boy last night. I sat him up on my lap, read and lift the flaps in the book for him to see. So, I can't see his response whether he is enjoying it or not. Maybe he is looking elsewhere and ignoring my reading??

 
swimming tub



Yes yes! I'm trying to buy a second hand tub and float too! coz my little boys likes water a lot [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Then if at home, he can go naked so can save on swim diapers too! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] haha

 
Can also purchase the iplay swim diaper from momnbebe. iplay swim diaper can be used again & again, just like normal swimming wear. So I guess it's still cheaper than getting Huggies disposable swim diaper.

 
but the rental isn't cheap... if u rent for a mth - u can buy a tub already with the cost... $20 for a wk.. but u cant let bb swim for that whole wk rite? it will be very tiring for them... think buying a secondhand tub is a better option...

 
Sito: No problem.. 1.30 is fine la.



North Mummies Lunch/Tea Gathering



Date: 10th Oct, Sunday

Venue: Mayim Chinese Cuisine, Northpoint

Time: 1pm



Attendees (8 pax):

1)Annie

2)Jastine

3)Keer13

4)Fanny

5)vivi

6)Sito x 3

 
Keropi : white spot at lower front gum n can't wipe off - most probably teething [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but if u can wipe off n immediately see reddish gum most probably candidiasis - a type of yeast infection . Bb usually irritated over involved area. Better see a paedodontist to confirm .. Treatment usualy antifungal gel/ wash with improved oral hygiene

 
irene,

i get books from here. borders spore is a letdown, dun bother going

http://www.bookdepository.com/



Ann,

wah! Goon is very expensive. cannot reuse right? maybe i'll check out this iplay



keropi,

those white spots - at first also thot they were teeth, then read them up in a parenting book that i hv. so 2 days later, went for jab, then 'soon bian' ask PD about the spots lor. anyway, they're on her lower right gum, not the front, so cannot be teeth lah



vernie,

ya, i read to bb when she's lying in her cot. sometimes, i'll show her the book, turn the pages, with her lying in her cot



baby swimming tub,

i'm also thinking of getting one but what do you do with the water after the swim? it needs quite a lot of water woh

 
Baby Bazaar @ Raffles city Convention Centre Stamford Ball room 11am to 5pm , 02 Oct [this sat]



vendors includes KIDZO Galore, Friso, Huggies, Mom rus & more..



Sneak Preview from Kidzo Galore



Sneak Preview of offers



- Baby Cot @ $199 ( with mattress)

- Play pen w diaper changing orgnaiser & changing bassinet

- Baby Clothes

- Vtech toys at least 30% off (limited pcs)

- Crayola items @ 30% off





* more







Maybe I would go see see.. hehe!!

 
ica: Ya.. cannot reuse.. Maybe I also buying the reusable diaper.



The water use to flush toilet.. wash toilet, mop floor, bathe dogs if you have one.. wash corridor.. all these kind of things lo.. haha!!!

 
Bb flu: last time my bb caught a cold fr me n I brought him to my pd, she say bb too young can't give v strong med n dosage v little also, she gave him something to reduce phlegm n zyrtec to relief nose block, I think cos dosage v little so med not really work n only feed one day after tt stop Liao n his flu went away after abt 3 days.

 
Ica, thanks! I'll try it tonight



Sito: ya I think u shld try bathing ur bb too, e initially I was scared too so I got my hubby or my mum to assist me while I bath him and slowly now I can bath him on my own already.

 
Keropi, ya I will be staying at city view. Which blk are u? Mine is blk 9.



Ann, I also bought the swimming tub online. It is much cheaper than baby spa. We only went there once and my baby loves it so my hubby decided to get the tub for her. One thing I dun like is that we use up a lot of water. I recycled the water and use it to mop the floor and clean up the house:p



My gal has smelly neck. Clean her up also no use.

 
Ya Valerie, my gal also have smelly neck "Chou suan" even though I keep cleaning her, use aloe Vera on her neck as recommended to bring down the heat.

Is this normal for bb?

 
Ceres,

does Mdm Ida do only pre- and post-natal massage? normal massage, does she do? can i hv her no. please? TIA

 
Ica: Normal massage she also do, if I am not wrong.



Hey mummies.. is it safe to go Bangkok now? Felt like going for a short trip.. HK is very expensive now.

 
Valerie/keropi: me staying v near city view, just across the road! Next time can meet up there! Btw city view v nice! I like the big big balcony!

 
Post natal massage: Ceres, u just did ur post natal massage? Me also, when the masseur msg my tummy it's v painful, not the tummy ache wanna go toilet kind, it's more like blue black kind of pain, is it normal? Mine is c sect.



Can give me MDM Ida contact?

 
babycoco: Not going now.. going in dec.. school holiday so quite ex. Cause now got event on hand so cannot fly off. Hai...

 
jasmine : ya.. very scary to see them rub so hard... >_<|||



Irene : thanks.. i will go hunt for that NUK teat for wide bottle..

I read that Fenugreek will have side effect.. although is rare.. lol~~ than my hubby asked me not to buy le.. >_<|||



Phy : my boy rub doest mean he is slpy.. hai~~ i think is my boy is alien bb.. lol~~



Valerie : my gynae went on ML le.. have to wait until dec she is back on work.. lol~~

 
Sito, I also like u last time, dun dare to bath baby but u should try. U really dun wan to miss it although can get v wet. Just be careful n u will b fine, first few times I got my hubby to supervise n help me den I was able to bath her myself later.

My baby kena flu before, takes abt 1week to recover from sneezing n cough. The pd give a nose drop n a cough syrup.

 
Ann: Bangkok should be safe now. My family just came back from Bangkok a few weeks ago. Just keep to those shopping n tourist areas should be fine.



Hershey: just checked that the more common side effect for fenugreek are gas/bloating, diarrhea and nausea. might not be suitable for ppl with asthma, allergies, and diabetes. but usually wouldn't have serious side effects so long as keep within the recommended dosage. for my case, I experience softer stool and more gas. other than that nothing serious. but if u prefer not to take supplement then u can also pump more diligently. have u gotten a pump yet? I find that pumping for half an hour each time, even when the flow is very low already, helps to increase my supply as well.



swim tub:

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4121927.html?1276654081

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4357174.html?1281411770

http://www.momnbebe.com/



mdm ida's contact: 94249829

 
Ica: she do normal massage also.

Kepsis: me natural so not sure. Mine is post but I too late do though still have abit result. Depends on individual.



Ida hp number as per request: 9424 9829 u can let her know Meihui from jul mom intro see if she can try slot u all in her time table.

Also she got sell a binder I find it not bad easy use. Refer to the link to view I bought it for 30 dollar. http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/2643108.html?1285660884

 
Irene, ceres,

thanks for the no.



Hershey, Irene,

ya lor, i was very gassy when i took fenugreek and my farts were very smelly. affected my baby, too - gassy + smelly farts. i'm asthmatic, so no prob for me. but i only got gassy when i took Sacred Tea, which contains fenugreek. i also took fenugreek pills from GNC - not gassy

 
Irene: Hubby say go HK better. He like it better than going to BKK. But I cannot convince myself to pay close to $900 to travel to HK. I think now with baby, spend money on myself also must think lots and lots of time even though alot of pple tell me to go for the trip and I deserve it. Hai...

 
Ann: me & hubby will be going taiwan in Jan to "reward" ourselves. indeed we'll need to spend alot of money on bb but it's also important to recharge ourselves so that we'll have more energy to take care of bb =) You can consider taking Jetstar to HK to save on the cost. Personally I love HK hee hee.



ica: same here. when i take the fenugreek pill it was ok. Only drinking the tea makes me gassy.

 
Irene: I check le.. Jetstar pricing only not much different from SQ promo pricing. I rather take SQ in this case. Haha!! Ok.. I think i will go recharge myself.. but hoh normally after holiday i feel more tired than recharged. Haha!! I intend to go taiwan.. but when BB is 1 yr plus. Wanna bring him to go together with us. Then maybe can get in law and whole family to travel together too. It will be fun.

 
Hi,



I just start taking fenugreek pill fm GNC. Don't see much help leh.. normally how soon u will see result. i hav been taking it for the 5th day.



thks

 
Ann, ya the swimsuits are really cute esp the bee ones[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] The penguin one is also nice for boys.



Justina, the LC from TMC told me Fenugreek will take abt a week to take effect. Maybe you can try Domperidone?

 

hello, any of your babies are sleeping through the nite now? My 3 mth old can sleep from 10pm to 9am the next day without milk on certain days... at the most she will be crying for milk at 7am but only latch for 10mins and will go back to sleep. i scared she really become thinner!



also, how do u know idf ur bb is teething? i tot they dun teeth till later stage? i noticed a layer of extra gum on top of bb's gum. and she has been sucking on everything that is near her mouth, esp her fingers.. is that a sign of teething?

 

Back
Top