(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Style.. nothing to worry about... my girl just got her teeth 2 weeks back and she turns 8 months tmrw.. i also asked PD when at 7 months still dun have.... he told me 5% of babies get their first tooth after 1 years old...

Skmama , mine also didn't like porridge when I cook with fish or Ikan bilis cos of the fishy taste . You can try cooking with chicken instead and add some sweeter veg like corn , sweet potato or pumpkin .

Also I blend the rice before cooking and blend the porridge after it's cooked so that it's smoother cos my boy will refuse to eat if there is too much texture

@Mrs Teo, my son also drool a lot.

@ Lilstar ...Relieve thanks for your infro.

Wow so many mummy starts giving porridge and i hvent started giving my son porridge. He currently taking rice cereal for lunch and dinner.

Today

Take away Lunch~~: Thin Wheat Noodles with cabbage & Spaghetti sauce (1/4 spoon carrot, 1/4 spoon onion, 2 spoons tomato, 2 spoons breast chicken meat)

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4932172.png]

Dinner: White Bread, Carrot, Potato, Tofu with vegs soup & strawberry.1[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4932210.png]

My milk supply getting lesser and lesser.. Thinking of stopping it next mth before cny..

Mommies: how to stop the milk supply?? If I dun pump.. Will get engorge wo..

Any suggestions or method in getting bb to drink water??

And can we feed cereal with fish or chicken, and vegetable instead of porridge?? For porridge, how's the texture like?? Watery or starchy ar?

Bx,

I'll cook his meal in the morning & if I'm going out, I'll put in the thermo container. By evening time, my food will still be hot so don't even need to heat up. Learnt this frm july06 mummies when I'd my girl & didn't know how to bring out food & heating it up. This thermo is frm my #1 days... Invest in a gd one & can use it like 4ever! Gd buy!

Hi all,

Merry Christmas to all and the lil ones too!!!

LuckyOne, Mrs N , My boy now seems to be btr, he dunt gag as much before when being fed hand mashed chicken meat. Fish is more easier to mash, so chicken was always the tricky one..but today was so much btr. Mayb becus Im using the new bowl(with grinder)...think got difference. Last time handmash, the chicken meat still in long strings. Now the bowl with grinder mashes the meat further..so he took it quite well today.

Edie, he is btr now for sure...we went to do the 2nd blood test at the polyclinic. (which is sooo troublesome) but showed tht the blood platelets increased.so all ok.

Ylc, u r sooo correct. It did start with fever, then when fever subsides, the body gives a full rash and eventually subsides. Is tht roseola? U know Im so curious abt wht virus he caught. I kept asking the doctors in KK and in Polyclinis wht is tht virus , and no one mentions tht name. They keep saying, its normal for babies to have it. And I keep again n again asking n hinting, "is it airborne?" "can I prevent it from happening again"...they just smile n said, "its airborne" but its ok. Normal..sigh...nvm lah..as long as he is alrite now.

Now I got a burning ques. For all babies who r already on full solids...have anyone of you like missed one meal(eg, dinner or lunch) becus u were out and it wasnt convenient to feed, or becus bb's timing all went wrong since the beginning of the day? I have like missed his dinner like 3 or 4 times and I feel really guilty. Sometimes bb pukes milk and I feel he has indigestion problems so hubby and myself just make the decision to skip his dinner for tht day. Or sometimes, bb sleeps at all the wrong time, and when we r out, we cldnt fit the feeding into our schedule and bb is already tired to eat. So whenever this happens I feel so guilty and worried bb will just happily forget dinner forever. So scary. Has this happened to u guys?

ylc,

I have a tiger wan. Quite good. i read from the earlier posts that Cole is eating soft rice. So u also put it in the thermos?

Agginess: me me too! ;p i think better to go with baby's flow and do what you think is better for the day esp if suspecting baby has some indigestion...

Sometimes can only take 1 day at a time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

That's what i think lah...but i'm open to advice by the more experienced mummies. thanks!

Agginess,

yup both kids had that n I'm not sure how they get it, might be airborne who knows. Doc didn't even mention to me, he just told me it's roseala, aka fake measles. It just comes n goes.

Don't worry about missing a meal as long as they take their milk n don't fuss about it, shldnt be a problem. It can be really tricky when their timing is all off, just go with whatever you think is best for your child.

Bx,

yup he's taking rice with soup & I'll just put all in thermos. Everytime I go out so much barang barang to bring out .

If at home then easier, just keep warm in rice cooker.

I use rice cooker to cook porridge.

I'm using Tiger brand one, new model that can use to cook, fried, boil, and bake anything.

If my boy having lunch & dinner for porridge, I will cook more.

It will takes about 1 hour to cook porridge if using rice cooker. Bari slow but at least I can do other housework and not afraid that the porridge over cooked, no need to add extra water.

If I'm working, morning before leaving my house, I scope 3 big table spoons in small pot, add vegs soup or ikan bilis & onion soup, mixed with mash well vegs, fish or chicken breast cook another 5 mins

and pour in a thermos brand container, bring to IFC (4, 5 hours later still warm (^^).

Agginess, for chicken breast meat, I boil, mash then cook again with other ingredients.

When I 1st give my boy to eat, also quite worried he can't digest but so far no problem at all (^^)

good morning... emotional day for me today. gg to tender but up til now still cant bring myself to tell the co. after 4 years w them, a bit hard to tell them. sob sob... hav to do it. waiting for the right time.

Michelle,

thks. ok i try yr method. ya i think its the ikan billis too. cos she gave me like one kind of "its disgusting" look and tilt her head whenever the spoon goes near her mouth. actually i had bought chicken breast to cook her porridge alr. i cut it up into smaller potions (abt 1 inch by 3 inch). this is ok rite? i will try this weekend.

Jo,

pump but dun empty the breast. just to relieve the engorgement. the pumping time will gradually decrease until u no longer need to pump or latch. then can say bye bye to bfing. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Good morning, I need some advice. My girl has dry spots and skin on her legs for abt a month already. Dunno is it ezcema? Been applying moisturisers and oil, but seems like the condition is not improving. Should I bring her to the pd or skin doc? any recommendations?

gladys,

it could be.. my boy has eczema since birth. same symptoms as you described - dry, patchy spots on legs, sometimes on his back too. Had to see doc to get some medication to apply, it should go away in 3-5 days. In the meantime try to moisturise too..

edie, ya it looks very complicated hv being making numerous call to phil. Can you pm me ur agent nos? thou my maid suppose to come this evening. As what i know they need to go POEA in Phil to apply but possibility of get rejected witout the authenticad contract by local embassy. Hv called to remind her to go so todate i not sure she went...I kinda kind of worried that she might able to retun n gg to sick soon after the 1 week night caring Megan. I called my agent at first not really helpful n wanted to charge 390 to apply exit permit but i told she is already in phil. N they not sure the process there too..i s very furious. look up in the web for sources on whether my maid can apply at her own n begged my agent to help me to get my maid back..as what they did in the 1st place by get her in as a tourist n after that they wanted to charge me $500 for the process n exclude air ticket. Daylight robberies, right! Maybe they knw I am desperate.

Do you know whether we can buy ticket online and ask my maid to collect in the airport n I wanted her to come back as tourist if the doucmentation is so troublesome. Praying hard...that all I can do so much for her.

Mummies, if you have phil maid now with you can you help me to check with them. Thanks.

bb-bao, you got the medication from the general doctor(GP) or children doctor (PD)?

Luckyone, yalor. I also dunno wat causes it. Eczema can also be cause by food.

Luckyone,

How you cook the porridge and the veg in the morning before you go to work and bring it to IFC? I plan to do it for my baby, maple....

Any baby still not teething? Maple still not, but these few days being cranky, not sure what happen.... what is the sign when teething?

Skmama , normally what I do is I cook the chicken with my stock then take it out to cut into smaller pieces . Then I add the grinded rice to the stock to make the porridge and it takes only 10-15 mins to cook ( but must stir if not might get burnt at the bottom ) and at the same time add in the minced chicken

When the porridge cools , I will then blend it again . You might find that the porridge gets sticky when it cools , so what I do before I feed my boy is to add a bit of water to make it more watery .

Hi Maggie mee, yes. I have tried applying olive oil. Is eczema itchy? Cause my girl dun seem to itch. Wonder if it is jus dry skin.

Mrs teo..thanks for the contact he is very helpful and approachable not like my agent the moment open mouth is $$$...

Luckyone: thanks for the airline ticketing appreciate your help.

Called my maid and was a bit angry with her she told me she is not feeling well maybe not able to board the flight..and ask me can she come back on thursday. I told her the ticket is too late to amend and no matter what she has to go airport now to board the 4.10pm flight. few days ago already ask her to POEA to apply the exit permit n now no choice i ask her to go airport and try her luck whether she can apply there. She told me she has only 2000 peso and afraid not enough (i thinking this is why she dont to go airport) which I already told her to standby 3000peso for the exit permit. Tell her off next time any problem must tell me dont wait til last min i call u then u give me the reasons. Really almost break down cos was not well and little feverish, end up run to the office toilet and cry i also don't know y maybe of many sleepless nites and taking of 2 kids at home and doing housework..so no enough rest. Keep on tell myself don cry over a helper not here to help you n tell myself i must survive thru. and think of other alternatives who can take care my baby while i out for work if she not able to come back. Nw waiting for Mrs Teo agent to reply me what he can help..maybe bring her in as an tourist.

Sharon,

Porridge: use rice cooker to cook.

Veg, Fish or Chicken Breast Meat: boil separately and mash.

before leave the house, I scope 3 tables spoons of porridge in a small pot, add vegs/ ikan bilis&onion soup (ice cube - frozen one) then add in the mash ingredient, transfer to a Thermos container.

Takes about 30 mins to cook and wash.

HI Mummies, 2010 has been an extremely fast one! We were all pregnant this time last year, not partying or doing anything too wild for new years’ ;) Anticipating the arrival of our little ones[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lots of catching up on the thread.

Mrs N, Elimination Communication does sound intriguing! It’s so true when you say that it’s not about potty training at a young age, but letting them be aware of their natural abilities which were lost with diaper wearing. I’m keen to try it out with S. He has been having a bad rash on his bum due to teething, bless him.

Genice, yup! I’m back! Watched the news and the US has pretty bad weather too. BB K is so adorable with his big sis! Love da pixs!!

As for BJG, I’ll most probably try out the Kembangan branch sometime next year.

Luckyone, your food menu looks too good! Very hardworking mommy!!

I’m not good with food preparation, maybe that’s why my boy doesn’t like his vege porridge.. He enjoys fruit purees in his rice cereal,oats and prune, mashed up organix biscuits in milk and rice crackers. Very conservative eh..

Any mommies with their bb’s favourite meals to share?[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

SKmama, bb S is so quick with her teething!! Must be a good thing as she doesn’t need to endure the sprouting for too long  At 7 mths, my boy has 0.5 tooth. (half out only..heeee...) It’s really a pain for him as they are slowly sprouting and causing sleepless nights.

Hope that all’s well with work and all.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Chubby tiger, hang in there. Some days are tough. It’s never ez being a mother,wife,daughter, employee, employer all at once. Hope that everything works out well for you

Hi mummies!

Season's Greetings!

Agginess: me! Sometimes, I will skip meal and feed milk if I'm out. But I always keep a little snack in the bag. On top of that I always tend to give him a little of suitable food of what we are eating when we are dining out. My PD mentioned before it's a matter of letting them getting used to 3 meals a day, and we have up to 2 years to do that, so I am quite random.

Teething: my boy is also Bo gey... Not quite worried. But it will be quite adorable I think.

Porridge: my Mil uses fish bone soup stock to do porridge. Apparently my boy likes it very much. She fed him lots of fish and bought them from wet market. Maybe u all want to try buying fish from wet market? Probably more fresh and less fishy. His appetite is starting to grow after the period of drop. He is also taking more mouthful of porridge especially when it's cooked by my MIL and my mum. Ha!

YLC: just plain rice and soup for bb C? I read u use Japanese rice, is it because this rice is softer than normal rice and easier for bb to chew and swallow?

Luckyone: normally, if u do not use rice cooker to boil porridge, how long does Japanese rice takes to cook the right consistency using normal stainless steel pot or claypot?

My boy is sick again. Kanah virus from his father. Father is feel so guilty now. Haha... He's having running nose, but it does not really bother him. I hate to give him medication. Hopefully by next two medi feed, he will recover from it.

Nap time for me!

Chubby tiger: pat pat.... Relax. Things will only get better. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hugs!

Hah....now I dunt feel so guilty...sometimes I feel so terrible missing out one meal. I always think, " if we as adults miss one meal sure hungry rite? Poor bb cant say anything just drink milk becus mummy cldnt fit mealtime into her own schedule!" But seems like Im not the only one...keke..but bad habit lah. We r supposed to train them to 3 meals a day. Anyone got any idea when u wana do the proper full 3 meal a day. I used to tell myself when he turns 7 mths plus..then delay. Then told myself when he turns 8 mths..now lazy agn. Now Im thinking hopefullly 9 mths, then 3 full meals. :p

But of coz, my boy is dropping his milk intake. So the day he drops to 3 feeds, I must confirm give him 3 meals.Must tell myself not to be lazy anymore. Im putting on alot of weight. Now tht Im kinda used to handling the bb, whenveer he sleeps or naps, I quickly start snacking to enjoy my free time.Tsk..anyone got fast method to lose weight. Bb 1st year birthday next year, wana be slim look nice lah!

Agginess: my Pd did advise said by 9mo, bb should be having 3 solid meals.. For me, I'm still struck at two meals per day.. Weekend if we are outside, will feed her cereal instead of porridge. I'm still trying to fit in a time for her 3 solid meal.

Lucasmummy: cook porridge with fish bone won't have fishy smell meh?? Cos if we cook payaya fish soup with the fish bone.. The fishy smell is really strong wo.. How ur mom / mil cook?? Share share..

I'm still struck with 4kg since birth.. But I need to lose more kg than that.. No time to exercise.. Hopefully after I stop bfing, I can start my exercise and some dieting too.

Hey Agnez ,

I think I will intro 3 full meals maybe 9 months onwards cos the books say their primary source of nutrition can be milk up to 1 year old .

So you sent back your helper already ? Is Toshan naps better now ? You are still SAHM ? Maybe I bring Nat over to your place one of these days for a playdate with Toshan ?

Hey Jo ,

I tot bfing is the best form of exercise , burns 500 cals a day without having to do anything leh . I am still bfing , I lost the 18 kg that I put on during my preg within the first month and now am 2 kg below my pre- preg weight , and I don't exercise at all leh and I still snack a bit cos very hungry after I bf haha

Hi Jo.

Yes... BFing is the best form of exercise with minimal hardwork. I also lost all the 10kg during my preg within 1st month and like michelle, current about 2 to 3 kg below pre-preg weight. I don't exercise at all and eat like a pig. Only prob now is to get back the shape. haha. weight gone, but shape is real terrible now. Look like a barrel. =S

I also trying to lose more kg. But real lazy to start exercise. 4 to 5 more kg to my wedding weight. argggg... nitemare.

Agginess: dun feel guilty. me too 1 lazy mummy who tend to forget Chloe's meals when we are out. Else we just replace with cereal cos it's ezier to bring. Sometimes weekends sleep late also replace meals with cereal.

Teething: Chloe is also still bo gay. oh well. somehow i am glad that she is. HB tried letting her chew on his fingers the other day, and he said that Chloe really bites hard! Lucky no teeth!

LucasMummy: Hope Lucas get well soon!

Anyone's baby still don't know how to sit?

My boy still can't sit properly leh...but he started to craw and learning how to stand now..

It's strange? Also his front teeth is coming out (top part)..don't know is it become he born with 2 teeth below that why he a bit faster than other babiesvon this.

Luckyone, my boy still shaky when sitting.. I don't force him to sit up as he likes to bend forwards and it presses against his tummy.(regurgitation)

He's good with his commando crawling for the past few weeks, and is trying to crawl with his knees. At the moment it's lots of push-up positions.(it could be that his butt is too fat! heee)

I've heard from another mommy that some boys tend to skip crawling and go straight into standing and walking. to each baby's own[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ya.. Bfing suppose to be the best way to lose kg.. And I did lose 10kg within my lst mth after birth.. After that my weight loss is stagnant.. And I'm still having a bulge tummy which I can't flatten it.. Regret not doing the massage back then..

But at least I'm not gaining more weight..

Luckyone: my girl can sit very well, then before she can crawl well, she can pull herself to stand with support.. After that, then she learns to crawl well.. Now learning to stand with freehand..

I'm now waiting for her to have her top front teeth.. Hopefully it before or after cny.. So she won't be crank during cny.

Does teething cause fever? my girl got fever last night 38.6 and its fluctuating.. give panadol it goes off but it keeps coming back after 2 to 3 hours....about 37.7... i think her 3rd tooth coming out can see her upper gum got a white lump... but her first 2 teeth no fever.. sigh.... have to monitor tonight again... hopefully will be gone by tmrw morning.,,,,if not got to see PD again.... i think i help the PD pay for one kid's university education aldy...

Back