(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Mrs Heng, no I order from internet.

Yeap, Brenda hot towel will harden your breast.

Use cold cabbage, you will feel more comfortable.

hello mummies!!

gd evening. My lil man turning one mth on thursday!- so fast!!!

Auntie jumie's time mgtment problem-

If not for her gd svc, i wud hv told her off too. she changed my post natal massage timing twice.. haiz.. but my tummy went down alot aft the massage.. so i didnt tell her anything..

Little tiger- PLEASE DUN GIVE UR BB WATER AT ALL! this is a myth that alot of ppl hv that can give bb water. It will interfere with the absorption of ur BM. It is BM tt will help reduce the jandice. If u must give ur bb water.. give cool boiled water n not more than 10ml- the best is still no water at all. the reason being tt ur bb's kidney r still not matured enuff to break the sodium from the water. tt's why they say giving bb water can cause water intoxication. but of course millions of ppls ard the world disregard this n belief in giving their infants water- most of them, ntg happens. But each bb is different. When we know its not gd for the bb why follow the crowd?

brenda- Fenugreek pills really boost ur milk supply. I believe u got supply stuck there.. pls empty it b4 u take the herb bec the fenugreek REALLY boost supply. wait then ur boobs engorge further until ur hb get shocked at the size! heheh juz be careful..

Since u hving fever- try to latch on directly.. in a previous post bbf was saying u can get bb the latch on when u hving fever so tt ur bb can get the antibodies produced by ur body to fight the virus

Phy- my left breast is the champion BM producer...

my rgt side is struggling to catch up.. heheh..

for mng feeds i always offer my bb the left side first bec got more ss to satify my hungry monster..

Luckyone- ya, on a lucky ngt he sleeps for 5 hrs.. but thats bec i gv him FM n my hb will play with him in the evenings so tt he will get tired and sleep thru the ngt...

baby sign lanuage - i read abt it online.. but dun forget to talk it out when u teach him.. if not as he grows older he will continue the sign language and get too lazy to speak.. i m so lazy to talk to my bb but i force myself.. bec we talk so much but no reply! haha

edie- now i know why me and my bb got so much gas. hahah! like this wat else to eat la!? ur list is my fridge's inventory list! hahah

Hi all,

seems that all of us are so busy wif our bb now..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

congrats to each and everyone..my bb gal is gg to be a mth old..

delivered on 26th april and she weighs 3.1kg.

now i bf her as well as give her formula milk. not to stress myself and the supply is not enuff.

so whch breastpump are u gals usng?im using medela swing..not bad thou....

Regarding Cold or Warm compress-

i rmb seeing in a breastfeeding video in Parkway East.. they demo-ed with a disposable diaper.. I googled it.. For warm compress- Pour hot warm in the diaper (chk temperature first) For cold compress- pour cold water... no need to sacrifice poor mr cabbage for the boobs...

AR: Auntie Jumie is nice. That's y I rejected her nicely. I have set my scedule to pump n dun wish to disrupt it till my milk supply is healthy...

Mrs Lee: am using swing as well. But now I wish I have a dual pump. Save more time. Now whenever I pump one side, I will hand express on the other.

Mrs Lee - I'm using 2 Avent ISIS Uno...Initally only bought 1 set..but realised every time i pump 1 side, the other side will be dripping n i will need to hold a cup below to collect the milk. So ended up bought another single pump to pump both breasts together

Congrats HoneyB!!!

If pump cannot get much milk out, try to use hand to massage and squeeze out using your palm. Can empty breast more effectively at the 1st few days when the milk ducts are not fully opened yet. But must have patience to slowly massage and use hot towel. Don't massage by force or you will make your breats bruise (like mine) which can be very painful also.

Little tiger,

When my bot was discharged from the phototherapy treatment, the nurse there ask me to feed water, as they also feed bb water there.

Your bb's jaundice level maybe is lower than the limit of 15 so not enough to be admitted but maybe it was a marginal pass which is high enough to trigger a close monitoring.

AR> oh u mean when i haf fever i still can latch bb on? I didnt cos i tot i might pass the fever to him..Oh btw how long muz i take the fenugreek b4 can c an increase in milk supply...

Anyway any idea wad is the norm temperature for baby? I heard its higher then ours...

lucasmummy,

me too..thking to get the dual pump...hubby says i waste $$ again..sighs...but the other one keep drippin find it wasted lol...haha

mrs heng, isit gd?

and much it costs? medela dual pump damn ex...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Brenda,

Don't take fenugreek now as you are already having fever which might be due to engorgement. Having engorgement actually mean that you have a lot of milk in your breast which cannot come out and so ended up having fever. If you take fenugreek now, you will make the engorgement worst. Now you should work on how to get the milk out your breats 1st, by massaging and make the milk ducts open fully and empty your breats until it bacome really soft. Then only you can take fenugreek to boost supply further.

About water intoxication, a bit of water will not cause water intoxication. For those bb who is being admitted for phototherapy in TMC, the nurse there will feed your bb water (about 90ml a day), your bb still come home safely without any water intoxication right?

I total breastfeed my #1 and she was fed water (less than 60ml a day), she grew up fine.

Brenda,

For bb's body temperature, below 37.5 is normal. Mild fever is 37.5 to 38. High fever is above 38.

The KKH LC told me it is ok to still bf bb when having fever.

Mrs Lee: actually like Mrs Heng, I collect the dripping with a cup. Either I hold it with the other hand or I place it on my lap and try hand expressing while pumping on another breast. Sometimes I can collect up to 20ml just by letting it dripped!! That's when I really wish for a dual. U should start collecting too! Dun let it go to waste. Haha...

hey lucasmummy,

thking to get a dual too..my hubby says i waste $$ and medala one dun come cheap..so sad..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

mrs heng, hw much is avent dual? isit gd?

hw much u manage to pump each time?

both mummies on total bf?

Mrs Lee: if u are intending to ebm for a long period then it is good to spend. Other than getting another single pump, u can also consider Ameda dual electric pump. I think it's about 300+. I read from amazon that it is as good as medela but it's noisy.

Mrs Lee - So far ok but aft pumping, sometimes the diaphragms will be stucked to motor, so hv to pull out. Nt sure whether its the design prob or user fault haha!

I didnt get dual set....i hv 2 single pump =X

My 1st set i got it during BHG promo $150. Then the 2nd set, i happened to see the seller at ebay selling exactly the same as my 1st set. Brand new as seller got it as a gift...i bought for $120.

My volume varies. So far highest i pumped was 165ml n lowest 70ml. On average usually i get abt 80-90ml.

My bb drinks abt 90ml per feed. So i cant meet her supply coz i dun pump at nite. I dun hv reserve in fridge hence have been mixing with FM. I'm considering to try fenugreek to boost my supply.

Lucasmumy - same same!! 10-20ml collected by dripping is alot leh. There was once i lost balance n spill the cup! So heart pain...dat was when i decided to get another pump.

Mrs Lee: I bought avent dual too. got it for around $600 @ robinsons sale earlier this year. Came with bottles, insulation bags and some other freebies cos of promotion.

brenda: try massaging. you might need to get your hubby to help. last time i was having slight engorgement, the ML help me massage. Almost immediately milk started leaking and everything soften! need to put some pressure when massaging else the lumps won't soften... will be painful, but better than engorge until fever.

oh... heard that underwired bras will also cause engorgement. just in case you are wearing them. =) but don't go bra-less either, else later sag. good support is very important now.

TBF: hmm... just wondering how TMF mummies "measure" how much milk the bb drinks since our boobies are not calibrated. =P

realised that my ger is starting to have longer breaks between her feeding times. sometimes can go up to 4.5 hours. i will feed her on both sides each time for about 20 mins.

luckyone: i lost 6kg 3 days after delivery, the remaining about 4 within a week... now 3 weeks later, weight is like stagnant at 1 or 2 kg lesser than pre-preg liao. so sianz. although weight is gone, but the body seems to have expanded, still can't fit any of my old pants and jeans. arggg...

anyone knows how to lose inches fast? =(

Good evening,

Talking abt BM, like to share my observation of wify exp. Its 2wks now n wify can gather ard 90ml from both sides. she will pump at ard 3hrly interval, from 1st wk 40ml to current 90ml sometimes 100ml. her left got more milk than right but it is always clogged. right side is smoother in expressing thats y bb oni like right side n will wail loudly if given left..

in the 1st wk, wify was using latching n Medela mini electric then after the engorgement on left side does not improve, we bought Avent manual pump n it solves the prob. now wify uses only Avent to express n the Medela in cold storage now. she say its more faster than Medela n higher output.

Mrs Heng, any diff?? my gal slept on center but next moment she tilt sideways n up

hi loh!

tks for sharing!

Actually i beri confused oso coz some elders said to let bb slp on sideways..alternate right side n left side sleeping. Then some said must make them slp center if nt the shape of the head will nt be nice....I oso dunno what to do....

My bb sleeping on sideways now though

Blue turtle,

lucky u! Lesser than pre-preg weight. I still got 4kg plus to lose after 2 weeks. But I think quite hard coz I'm snacking while posting now.

mrs heng,

I borrowed the baby sign languag book and vcd from the library, then i copied the file from the vcd into my pc. Then I can watch it over and over again without have to buy or borrow from the library again.

Dear Mummies,

Anyone looking for Dummy Dome Camera / CCTV / Wireless IP Camera to creature a deterrances against maid & insider job?

I offering the Wireless Pan/Tilt w/ audio IP Camera only at $330 can also connect to iphone/laptop whenever you are.

Alternative, you can choose Dummy Dome Video Camera with Simulated Camera. The DM7 security surveillance dummy domes make existing surveillance security systems much more effective at a very nominal cost. Includes red flashing light. It creates a very good deterrances against maid & insider job as they wont know it is fake at only $10 each.

Collection at Buangkok MRT.

Pls contact me at:-

Hp no.: 9055-9728 (Lucas)

OR

SMS me if I'm not available, thanks.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4022300.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4022301.gif]

blueturle,

I don't intend to count until the week before I return to work. But, if you really need to know how much bb is drinking, you can try pumping out to replace a latch feed, if bb seems unsatisfied then it means you will need to pump/squeeze more the next round. Once bb seems satisfied, review how long that ebm feed lasts before the next feed.

Bbf: i'm not particular abt measuring how

much bb is drinking. Like u said as long as bb seems statisfied, i'm happy. Just curious... Heehee.

Now thinking if i can forgo going to the movies for e nx 3 months... Haha...

Bx: losing weight is useless when i still look big. Weight is just a number...

Mrs Heng: I spilt once too. And vulgarity came out of my mouth immediately. Ha. Nah.. Those words only spit out from my mouth when I get very annoyed.

Blueturtle: I haven't stepped on weighing machine after the first post natal consultation. Looking at myself now, I doubt I have lost very much [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] remember we must put on our jeans before 3 months?? Hehe..

Nursing bra: underwired bra will affect the milk supply. During the ParentCraft session, I remember LC mentioned about lifting. Lifting our breast will help in milk supply. Therefore, it's good to wear a wireless nursing bra to support. I wore it everyday, even wearing it to sleep...

Hot compress n massage:

if I feel engorged and suspect there's milk ducts, I will massage my breast with a hot towel around the edge of the aerola area with bigger pressure. Sometimes after massage, 1 or 2 milk glands will spray milk on it's own without even the need to hand express. Then I will quickly catch them with my cup. Partly wasted but they are mainly fore milk. Can be motivated because of that. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

blueturtle,

I did not go to the movies for over 6 mths when my #1 was on TBF. Had to rush home to put ebm in fridge plus latch on...

But these days the dvd comes out pretty fast so it's not so bad, won't become mountain tortoise.

blue turtle,at least u lose all KG,me so far only lose 8kg,still have 7kg to go,how to lose???seems like stop here liao leh.

Any mummies know how to make the thigh smaller?

My bb is passing motion for so many times since he was admitted till now,dunno is it due to the antibiotic tat he is taking.Now bb butt is so red,n he cry whenever he poo.So heartpain.

hihis mummies and mtbs!!!

hope u've been enjoying ur babies so far.. (minus the lack of sleeps)

i have been having trouble sitting up due to my episiotomy stitches.. today is the 10th day after delivery and i'm only starting to be able to sit up with less pain.. a bit long right...

and quite unexpected ...

wanna ask the mummies here..

i've been having sharp pains at my urinary tract, at the area where i was catheterized but no pains during urination..

is this UTI? i've been passing urine normally lei..

about bf,

my gal has started to be real cranky and latching on erratically...

ie was latched on / off from 8pm-10pm and screaming her lungs out when she realises she's not on my boobies after waking up..

eventually at 1045, nanny gave her some formula milk (30ml) and she fell asleep..

strange lei.. cos i'm expressing like 40-70ml / side, and she's only 10days old.. how come need to drink so much?

i'm also worried that the nanny is overfeeding her with formula milk.. i.e after latching on 1 breast, she's fed 60ml formula milk.. and that's a potential of 100 - 130ml of milk..

and STILL she wakes up every 2hrs (when not cranky) to feed...

really puzzling....

Lucasmummy: yes. Jeans. 3 months. I need to find the biggest pair i own! Haha. Or find some auper huge clamp, to clamp my hips n thighs to reduce the size. Faints.

Shuyan: sighz... Thunderous thighs. I was trying to do some leg lifts... But too tired. Hard to fit into my 2 hr sleeping schedule...

Sue: All bbs r cranky at some pt. U mentioned latching on n off between 8 to 10? How long does bb suckle each time? Chk if bb is getting hind milk after unlatching. Hind milk is the fatty part which makes bb full. Its white or opaque in color. Try not to keep switching boob ecerytime bb unlatch.

Hi, sorry to interrupt. Any mummies interested in doing prenatal pilates? Am currently letting go some classes at Sky Pilates at Liat Towers in Orchard at a discounted rate.

Pls PM me for more details or email to [email protected] if you are interested. Thanks.

hi Loh,

can i know how much is the Avent manual pump ? how long yr wife need to pump for 1 side of the breast ? hand get tired easily ??

I just started using the pump, managed 80ml both sides. Bb just drank 30ml, can I keep the balance 50ml at room temp til her next feed?

Pumping is such a relief! At least breast not so hard!

I think some mention can leave in room temp for upto 4 hours... but i never leave EBM in room temp even my boy is going to drink it in 1-2 hours later. i just feel the weather here is so hot, will be safer to put the ebm in the fridge

chillimum / aloe : i agree .. keep in fridge safer .. lol ..

i miss u all..

last 2 days i also got prob latching .. until i so fed up! bb also fed up .. den i keep thinking wats the reason .. the only thing i could think of is tat she had 2 EBM bottle feed.. den she confused or wat .. wat u all think ?

Back