(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Hey mummies...

have not posted in a longggg longgg time.

About shoes-- (Raihan is walking full flegded so very impt for me)-- my little elf's feet grows by 1 size every 3 weeks... so really frustrating.. and shoes for these little ones not easy to get either.. cerisi has sandals for $15.90.. Bata has on and off sales somethings $9 or even $5.

About food.. Luckyone.. whats the normal amount babies our age should eat?

Raihan is an extremely poor eater. He refuses to eat his food. Always spits. he will refuse utnil I give in and give him milk. He likes what we eat but our food has higher salt and sugar content.. help mummies!-- Anyone facing the same problem?

Alina, I thought of putting my boy at lv nus too.(depends on alot of factors like if i want to go back to work etc..)

I've heard nice things about them, but have not go down and take a look myself. any idea if nus staff gets disc?

AR, bata baby shoes have 5-9bucks one?

The bata at my place have bubblegummers at abt $23?

Tom and stephanie has some cute rubber soles ones, similar to bubblegummers, girls have hello kitty mary janes and boys have the shinkasen train design..about $26/-

The quality of both aren't too bad.

BB's foot grow so quickly,it's tough to get a good pair at a good price..

Hello Mummies

Thanks all for coming to the 1st Birthday Bash just now , hope you and your families had fun

Just like to thank all who helped out in one way or another Sheryl , Gladys , Hwee , Cynthia , Janelle , Adrick , Angela

Also congrats to our winnners

Christine and Baby Meagan for Most Co-ordinated Family

Baby Natalee with Mummy Cynthia for wining the crawling competition

Baby Lucas with Mummy Janelle for coming in 2nd and

Baby Victoria with Mummy Shanna for coming in 3rd

Take care and hope to meet up at the next playdate !

I will post the photos on Facebook once I receive them and will let you all know through the forum too , so keep a look out

Oh and thanks to Angeline and Phyllis for ordering the yummy cake , June for being our Treasurer and Koon (NHK) for the banner

Hi Mummies,

Natalee and I had lots of fun today and many thanks to the mummies who have put in the effort to make this happen!

Hope to catch up with all of you again soon!

WE HAVE FUN YESTERDAY.

Thanks everyone to make the party so happening.and Michelle to kick the ball rolling.

Looking forward for the next event.:>

Hello all...

Michelle, thank you for organising the party yesterday. It's good to see the mummies again. Too bad, I was a little tight up with my cranky toddler and couldn't really catch up with most of you.

Anyway, thank you Anne and Blur Angel for your hubbies who have helped me along.

Hope to catch up with mummies soon!!

Thanks Michelle for organizing! Had a lot of fun yesterday! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] btw, I told e security to finish e food yester n he quickly garnered his "group" of frens. Hope u all dun mind.

Hi Michele,

Thx u for your understanding.

Hi Impluse,

Sorry... I've forgotten to enable my PM. Anyway My account is under DBS autosave/current: 098-002276-7

Thank you.

Hi michele,

Thanks for organizing the bday bash! We had fun & to all other mummies & daddies who helPed out, thanks for making this event possible!

Lin,

Nice meeting you & finally putting a face to your nick [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sheryl,

think nus staff got discount. not sure how much though. there is an open house this sat.

i went for viewing last sat. very small but cozy.

not easily accessible though.

my car is the opc sort. so not sure how to commute. but sign up already for june..

haiz... heart pain.

---

the photos look fantastic. u guys sure had fun. ,>!

Michelle and the other mummies in the organising committee, thanks for the great party yesterday. And thanks mummies for voting for us, was a nice surprise [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Didn't take much photos yesterday so please share yours on FB. Thanks!

Thanks Michelle for a great party!

Nice to meet up with the mommies to put a face and voice to the nick[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks for the headsup alina. I heard its quite inaccessible moreover I dun drive n hv to reply on internal shuttle if I do decide..may I ask when did u sign up to get a June. Acceptance? Heard that their spots are always in demand n gotta q quite some time?

A fastastic job done by Mich and the mummies'& daddies' who had helped in organizing the party and making it happen. My family had such a wonderful time. Thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Mummies,

Welcome, good to know that you all enjoyed yourselves, would not been possible without the help that I got .

Take care !

Thanks Michelle and all for organising!

So sorry didn't have much time to catch up with mummies. Chloe was totally cranky around 1pm I had no choice but to drag her home. So sad...

Let's meet up over dinner sometime without the bbs.

Happy Baby Puffs & Bellies

Hi mommies. I've some puffs and bellies (cereals) to let go. My baby is not keen on them anymore - have been trying for the past 1 week to make her interested in them. I bought them from the overseas BP section, so am letting go at the same prices. Preference for delivery is by mail but I can meet up at MRT stations after work. Please PM me if interested [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Puffs - $4.80 (2 each: strawberry, greens, sweet potato)

Bellies/cereals - $5.80 (2 each: brown rice, oatmeal, multigrain)

Expiry: Jan-Mar 2013

hi mummies, its been long since i last post. how's everyone?

any babies now join in family meal? baby join family meal means no salt dishes right? any simple no salt dishes to recommend?

Hi mummies! I am mummy of a 28 month old girl and an 8 month old boy. I would like to share with you an awesome website to buy vitamins and organic baby items. The website is (http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=EBI116). Worldwide shipping is only US$4 and the savings I have made from buying from this site is huge! Here are some of my favourite buys:

1) Prenatal DHA http://www.iherb.com/Nordic-Naturals-Prenatal-DHA-500-mg-90-Soft-Gels/22736?at=0 only costs US$24.61 for 45 days worth of pills. And the DHA per day is 450mg, higher than the ones that my gynae sold me for SG$55! I’m still taking them so that my boy can get DHA from my breastmilk.

2) Organic Fernugreek to help breastfeeding http://www.iherb.com/Fenugreek-Organic-2-fl-oz-60-ml/2925?at=0 only US$12 a bottle and it helped me to increase my supply by almost double! The taste is not strong and quite pleasant!

3) Sugar-free toddler vitamins http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Plus-Source-of-Life-Animal-Parade-Children-s-Chewable-Sugar-Free-Natural-Grape-Flavor-90-Animals/25894?at=0 US$14.03 My girl loves these!

4) Happy Baby brand organic baby food http://www.iherb.com/Search?kw=happy+baby is so natural and wholesome! It’s much cheaper than Singapore! My girl loves the organic yoghurt snacks and my boy loves the organic baby food!

5) Avalon organics baby items http://www.iherb.com/Search?kw=avalon+organics+baby They work so well for my boy with Eczema and smell great too!

If you are a first time buyer, please feel free to use my referral code EBI116 to get US$5 off your first purchase! Happy Shopping!

Sorry to interrupt... M selling Similac Follow-on Formula 400g (suitable from 6 months) for $10 (brand new, exp 13 June 2011). Collection from Nanyang Crescent (Jurong West) or Turf City at 9.30am or 5pm on Tues, Thurs, Fri. Please PM if interested. Thanks.

We are moving overseas so also having a garage sale of home appliances, furniture, children's toys and items. Click here for details: http://singapore.craigslist.com.sg/gms/2389797585.html

Also selling the following:

1. Quinny Buzz Shopping Basket $40

2. Mendala PISA Pump $300

3. Baby Swimming Pool & Musical Neck Float ($50)

4. MIM Baby Sling $20

5. Hanamugari Japanese Baby Carrier $10

6. Avent DECT Baby Monitor SCD525 $100

7. Babylook Baby View Mirror $20

- Bought in Germany, not available in Singapore

- Large panorama mirror (19.5 x 10 cm)

- Can be used in almost every car. Just attach the mirror to the headrest of the set in which the car seat is in with the TÜV tested velcro attachment system

Collect at Nanyang Crescent (Jurong West) or Turf City (Tues, Thurs, Fri 930am or 5pm)

Pls PM if interested. Thanks!

Sherry,

am a staff. so, got priority. yup, some centres need a yr to queue up...

haiz. but so unwilling to place him there. but, its either that or i quit.

-_-

Hello all the mummies!!!!

How have all of u been?

The birthday bash was great. Think Thea had a lot of fun. Thanks Michelle and everyone who had helped out.

Chloemum... Ahhh yes.... Let's meet up for beer very soon sans babies.

Ok... Sue, I can see you nodding your head.

Think we really cannot catch up much with the little ones around.

Anyway, so happy for us that we have survived one year of motherhood, stronger, happier and no less sexier.

This one year had been one hell of a ride but I guess it is part of life and growing up.

So mummies. Not only happy birthday to the kiddos but cheers to us.

Happy 1st Birthday to all the babies!

Cant believe babies are now toddlers. :)

Fidgets

I am organising a playdate for my elder boy next Tuesday 31 may with his frenz in school. Anyone keen to join as will be bringing no 2 as well? Anyone on leave to join? Will be there around ten in the morning. PM me or buzz me in FB.

Hello mummies!

Chloemum: Me Kee Chiu for mummy's only. :D

SN: You are very power. Can handle 2 at the same time and did so many things for them. Won't be able to join u on 31st. Hope the kiddos will have great fun!

Potty Training: Has anyone started on potty training already?

lucasmummy... me been trying to get my boi to sit on the potty every morning for past 2 mths... but he just play play in it n sit for only 1 mins... den wat to get out..

I think just let him get used to seeing the potty first..

maggie: oh... I think I should take the potty out to let him see as well. haa....

I doubt mine will sit on it for more than a few seconds. :S

Hmm.. any mummies gone straight to letting them sit on toilet bowls.. i am wondering if i can forgo the potty and let her try sitting on it.. wait till she is bigger sized a bit haha and buy the extra seat to put on toilet bowl... lazy mummy here...

Have started letting princess sleep on mattress on the floor.. she's been a monkey lately and tried climbing out ofthe playpen with her legs dangling in the air and head towards the ground sigh... so with the newfound freedom she has been crawling round and round instead of sleeping... yes.. a mummy night out sounds good...

Coke, just made the refund back to you.

To Account DBS Autosave

098-002276-7 Coke

Amount S$36.00

Transaction Reference 6769432007

Sorry for taking a while.

Hi lilstarz29, I buy a small cover and put on top of toilet bowls and train him to sit on top of it. Doesn't really works, my boy will start screaming and twisting his body to get out of that position.

I also got potty, doesn't really work. My mum said he got a sharp bum, cannot sit still kind.

morning mummies, talking abt potty training, i just got the smaller toilet seat insert. dont really like the idea of them doing biz on potty. after they finish their biz then it will be my biz thrown and wash, so mafan. if careless kana floor even more troublesome.

if bb doesnt want to seat on potty or toilet bowl, you can hold them over the toilet or basin with their back against ur tummy, holding their legs up. i always do this if sophie does wan to seat on the toilet.

Hi mummies,

I am creating some flashcards in English and Chinese, on powerpoint using Glenn Doman and some of my own words. I just started, currently there are "wild animals" and "birds" for you to download.

I am sharing with fellow mummies for FREE. Help me share with your friends if you think these are useful [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Visit the FB page below to view instructions on downloading the slides:

www.facebook.com/sgmothers

Potty Training: My bbsitter is helping me with that. I try to do it on weekends. I got the toilet seat attachment kind. Don't think I wanna do the cleaning after the pooing. Flushing down the toilet is definitely a lot easier. hehe...

Cranky toddler: Chloe is 100% cranky these days. Refuse to eat, wakes up in the middle of the night to cry and scream. Thinking might be teething. Oral gel doesn't seem to help. I am starting to look like panda again. Hope the ordeal will be over soon.

And, she is super ridiculous. Refuse to walk independently. Yet, everytime we bring her out, she insist on walking. So we have to hold her. Our poor backs. Falling apart.

WTB: Fisher price Bouncer & Bumbo Seat with tray

For Bouncer: Vibrating and music must be working condition.

Prefer to collect at tampines or sengkang.

Pls PM me the price, the pics, used for how long.

Luckyone: Something happened to ur FOOD Blog? Needed help for babyfood recipe.

Any mummies facing problem napping their bb? My boy nap is very inconsistent. Sometimes 2naps sometime only 1 nap. The durations of nap can be from 30mins to 2hrs. I really dont know what times i shd nap him. BTW I have to hold n pat him in order 4 him to fall aslp.

Any tips or advise to share please?

ngcywc: My ger has quite fixed napping hours most of the time. Morning around 1030 and afternoon around 2. But need to give her milk before she will sleep. Else, put her in car also works. Timing ranges from 30 mins to 2 hours, really depends on how tired she is. Total nap time for a day is usu around 3 hours. She wakes up @ 7.30am every morning and goes to sleep around 9pm.

I think they have reached a rebellious stage. Cannot force them to do things. Most of the time she will sleep cos she is tired. So a lot of activities usually works.

Try to build a schedule if possible. Do the same things repeatedly everyday. Sooner or later will get it. Do watch out for signs of tiredness. I believe that if we miss the signs and didn't nap them accordingly, they will become even more active and turn cranky.

Chloe will rub her eyes, pat her head or squirm like a caterpillar on the bed when she is tired, n generally be really fussy.

ChloeMum: Ur ger is v guai. I hv intro routine/schedule since he was 2-3mths old but nothing works. He doesnt seem to GET it. His wake up time (anytime fr 730-845am), naptime n bedtime (fr 915-1030pm) irregular. Sometime it's so hard to plan 4 the day.

He is 12mths nw n i still cnt find any solution abt it. If ppl ask me wat time is his nap, i really dun hv an ans.

Back