(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Hi Impulse,

Have transferred $45.00 to your account today and updated the spreadsheet accordingly. Please check ya. Sorry for the delay. Was pretty busy with Cole's Birthday and another nephew's 1st birthday only 3 days apart [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

See you on 15th!

ooh.. its been quiet lately in this thread. guess all the mummies are busy with the 1st bday. I am glad i got over and done with mine. So fast they are all toddlers liao.

*hip hip hurray*

Mummies...

Since our bb reaching 1YO.... so any change of diet required?

My bb only hving 2x cereals n 1x porridge per day... is it enuf ?

HELLO MUMMIES!!!

Happy 1st Bday to all our babies! :D

maggie mee: my boy is having 3 meals per day too.

Normally he gets something more fanciful on days I am off.

cereals, bread or biscuit with fruits or yogurt for breakfast.

Porridge for lunch and dinner.

I am very willing to let him try a variety. My boy is quite easy when it comes to food. He is interested in eating almost everything we eat. Of course, I am still controlling his intake of salt and sugar at least till he is 2yo. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thereafter, I think I can't control much liao... due to many other factors. :p

Hi mummies..

Happy 1st Birthday!!

Can I know anyone of u stop using steriliser? I am still using it..duno when should i stop? if not wrong, my pd told me can stop when bb reached 1yr old..any advise?

Pinnky: I only sterilise once in a blue moon ever since few months back. However, each and everytime before I use the bottle, I will rinse it with hot water. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

maggie mee, I thoug IFC give tea break like cup cake or egg? You can check with the teachers there?

My boy having 4 meals per day.

Breakfast, Lunch, Tea break, Dinner.

Beside tea break from IFC, I didn't add any sugar or salt unless the ingred included.

Pinnky, Yeap heard after 1yr can stop sterilise milk bottle.

But I'm will still use it since the steriliser is there haha don't waste mah.

My boy's pigeon bottle has a little scratches. Would like to buy a new one, also thinking of changing to avent BPA free. Do u all think he will reject it?

Oh! My boy has half a tooth finally!! And it's on his top front tooth. Does it mean anything to have the top front tooth first? Cos most of them seem to have 2 bottom teeth first. And it looks kinda big. The tooth next to it seemed to be cutting out soon too. And the gap between looks big!! Oh oh....

Yeap altho my boy having 4 meals per day, he reduce his intake of foods. I think now he understand what is "full". If he feels full, he will shake his arms or push always my spoon.

LucasMummy, it still milk bottle mah? got diff meh?

My boy also come out 1 tooth at top front.

My SIL no.2 grow 1 before my boy about 2 weeks early but now already grow the second one.

Thanks Lucasmummy..yes, I did rinse with hot water if i m out n bottle not sterilise..by d way, u interested to sign up the shichida class for Lucas? I will register soon also..

Thanks Luckyone..u r rite, don't waste it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]..but I think will stop soon since my boy no longer a bb..hehe

Pinnky: Yes, am wanting to send him there when he turns 18months. But was advised to join the queue earlier just in case it's hot date! haha! When are you planning to register?

Lucasmummy, haha..finally he graduate from toothless club [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]..usually the top front one is kinda big..same as my boy..is huge i can say..haha..my boy got bottom teeth first..my aunty told me, if top, next wil be boy, if bottom wil be girl for us who got bb boy n vice versa..but i no believe it..hehe..

If the teat for pigeon n avent is abt the same/similiar, then u can try to switch..or just buy 1 first for him to try b4 invest more.

Pinnky: Thanks. Omg! I want a girl next! I am going to prove that this myth is not accurate!! Haha!

I have 2 bottles now. 1 with my mil. yes, maybe I try to switch teats and see how.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yaya..heard need to register first cox long queue esp for weekend slot..actually i hv told myself to go few mths bk..but dragged until now..maybe next week if hubby got time, ask him go..I hv sent them d email before to check d price/details..following their email for ur reference:

The Shichida Method™ programme emphasises on;

-Quality of Parent-Child Relationship

-Sharpness Of Innate Senses

-Photographic Memory Training

-Physical Stimulation

-High-Speed Absorption Training

-Creative Potential

-Foreign/Multiple Language Stimulation

-Humanity Studies

-Personality Development

Our programme starts on every January, April, July and October term. The

age groups will be from 3 months to 6 years old (Pre-Junior level) and 7

to 10 years old (Junior Level). The duration of each lesson is 75

minutes. The first 5 minutes is the welcome routine, 55 minutes on the

lesson and the last 15 minutes spent for instructors and parents sharing

session / interaction. There is no trial lesson for the programme. We have

a small class size from 4 to 6 children and only one parent sits in the

class with the child.

The classes are on a weekly basis. You may choose either a weekday (Monday

to Friday) or weekend (Saturday or Sunday) lesson. Each term consists of

12 weeks. The children are grouped according to the year that they are

born in.

Fees details for all new registrations are:

Weekday/Weekend

Term Fees : $745.00 / $780.00

Registration Fees (Annual) : $50.00 / $50.00

Parent Education Course: $195.00(1 pax)

GST 7%: $69.30 / $71.75

Subtotal: $1059.30 / $1096.75

Deposit: $300.00 / $300.00

GRAND TOTAL: $1359.30 / $1396.75

*The Parent Education Course is for parents to learn the theory of right

brain development and what home practices consists of.

There is a 5%

discount on the term fees for the 2nd child's enrollment in the programme.

Both children must be concurrently in the programme in order to enjoy this

discount.

*The Deposit : $300

(This is an one time payment which will be fully refunded when the child

withdraws from the program and upon completing the term. Please note that

Terms & Conditions do apply).

Please take note that all new applications will require a $50 registration

fees(Non-Refundable) and deposit of $300.

(Attached is the enrollment form for your reference). Class allocations

will be done on a first-come-first serve basis.

If you would like to know more about The Shichida Method programme and

enrol your child for either the January, April, July or October intake,

you may visit our centres at;

Headquarters

No.3 Anson Road #08-01 Springleaf Tower Singapore 079909 or

Toa Payoh-

480 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh #19-01 HDB Hub East Wing Singapore 310480

to view our free video preview.

(From Wednesday to Sunday - 9am to 6pm).

For more information, you may call us at

6220 9555 (Springleaf Tower) or 6254 9555 (Toa Payoh HDB Hub) to make an

appointment for the video preview.

haha..lucasmummy..prove it! Waiting ur good news ya [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wow! pinnky bari expensive hor (><) you going to the parent traning course too?

Any Mummies send baby for music course? I mean play, dance and music course for baby.

Wanted to send my boy for Baby Mozart course but the location too far leh.

Any one know where can I find classical music course for baby?

Lucasmummy, u r welcome [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] yaya, must forward to hubby so he can prepare..haha..

I think d course is a must..think is to teach us how to teach our kids when bk home..I think u can double confirm with them again..d fee is exp..so mummies n daddies must work hard le..

luckyone..yes, is very exp..but is good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] if the parent training course is compulsory, then bo pian..if not, i will reconsider whether is a need for me to attend..all abt $$ [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

pinnky.. im interested in the Shichida class. Will call them to make enquiry...

Luckyone... is kindermusik the one with music class?

luckyone.. im not sure cuz my boi only eating cereals for bf and dinner ( nestle ones that i bought) & porridge fr school... the tea break im not sure what they eat... bread or biscuits... im not sure is he getting enuf nutrients onot... recently he also reduce milk intake alot.. only like 150-180ml...

maggie mee, oh you boy attending the class there right? Where is the location?

But not all classical music right? The one I meantion Baby Mozart all classical music leh. But it's too far and my hubby don't want leh.

maggie mee..good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] maybe 3 of us will be in same class..i wil sign up for weekend one at toapayoh..

I think other schools do use shichida method but maybe not tat prof..mainly just flashcard baa..I hvnt ready go into their website..i knew thru reading shichida books n sharing from my sil..all gave me good feedback..but mummy needs to practice at home with bb in order to achieve good result..

Shichida only allow either mummy or daddy go into class..so i will the one..in tis case, i m responsible to do the practice..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i m okay not so busy at work..housework can be done by daddy..so i think should be fine [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Pinnky, you hubby so~~nice (^^)

I will buy the materials and try to train at home.

Next time we exchange 心得ok hehe..

Guess have to arrange more meet up haha..

Luckyone..no my boi never attend kindermusik.... so far only enrol him into MY GYM class... more for fun/motor skills....

So thinking of letting him attend class that develops brain... hahhaha

Hi impluse,

My husband can make it for the birthday bash now. can i pay the $18? If can, may i have bank acc no?

Lucusmummy, I will start her in July. I dun think have to queue leh.

I still sterilize every single time leh. But use hot water also same lar.

I am tasked to attend lesson with baby while hubby says he will practice everyday. Seems like parents have to work harder than the kid....

wow! suddenly the thread is back alive!

so many ppl sending bbs to class. i am still sticking to swim class for now.

went to gymboree gym on weds. not crowded, cos weekday i guess. very tempted to send chloe for lessons, but i think that would make our weekends super hectic. probably will look into this lessons thingy again end of the year. think i will just try to bring chloe out more on weekends to learn naturally. =P

can't bear to send her to classes now leh. think shd let her play all she can now. else next time once she starts formal school, will have very limited time to play liao.

i am really torn between the kiasu part of me, and the let bb enjoy their childhood part of me.

CholeMum, check with you hor, baby swimming class learn what huh? Is't baby not afraid of water lah, kicking water etc?

Can we teach ourself? haiz...wanted to bring my boy go for swimming but hubby doesn't like public pool....now waiting for SIL condo, think will be ready end of this year...

My hubby bari ma fa one, want to bring my boy to classical music class...too far, swimming....don't want public pool....how I waish i could drive!

Luckyone... also want to let my baby learn swimming cuz now he is afraid even of washing his hair when water tickles down his face... cry like mad...

Bring him to babt spa.. he just float ard in the tub without kicking... looking here n there only.... sigh.. waste my $$

Luckyone: At this age, yes. mostly teaching bb how to have fun in water, go under water, not to be scared of water. of course u can teach yourself. if shichida can teach yourself, why not swimming. it's a matter of whether u get the techniques right. the swimming lessons is very much like the lessons @ BJG, GUG and other schools. A lot of singing to go along with the activities.

maybe u want to sign up for a free trial to see for yourself.

swimming pool. public or not, it's the same. condo pool might not be cleaner cos the cleaning frequency is lesser. public pools have a fixed cleaning schedule. as for the ppl visiting the pools, i think it's the same everywhere.

ChloeMum, UNDER WATER! My hubby will kill me hahaha...Yeah loh told him Condo pool sometimes worst than public one but he still think condo one better haiz....

Oh! I will not get the Shichida materials liao. I will buy Kumon one instead. Shichida one bari expensive!

My Japanese SIL who's used to teach children in Kumon and other school, she told me Kumon one also not bad.

maggie mee, try to get your boy some interesting bath toys while you bath him? It works on my boy.

BabyS(not yet toddler) now walking around at hm from one point to the other point.. very cute...Sometimes cant bear to see them grow so quickly!!

Can't imagine him going to school!!!

Luckyone, yes. There are some dipping underwater activities to be done @ the swim classes. But of course do gradually lar. Not press head into water kind. These are the kind of things which I guess, we will not do/teach the bbs ourselves.

I think swimming help to build confidence also lar. Cos no float to use and the water is real deep (for the bbs) haha... different from spa.

Back