(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

ngcywc: my timing also aga aga only. it works on most days. there are some days that just doesn't work. i am too much of a control freak that i get really cranky when the schedule is not followed. Very often i just have to force myself to accept the fact. And as long as baby doesn't go cranky outside, and i get to do what i want to do, everything is just fine.

every baby is different. no need to envy anyone. i also envy mummies' who can easily finish feeding bb 1 meal without acting like a clown. mine won't even eat after all my silly antics. she only eats when she wants to and feels like it. waste a lot of my efforts cooking for her. now i give up, and feed her whatever outside food i eat (with some selection criteria). makes me happier, less stress. McDonalds, KFC, Burger King, Ramen, etc. All tried and tested.

Hi may mummies!

Thread has been quite quiet lately...guess everyone is busy? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thought maybe we could arrange to go some trial class together, if anyone is interested?

Hi mummies:

Its generally quite ts days.

My boy has started his "NO FOOD" days again. Not eating a single type of food at all. Force feed is also not working. Only takes milks three times a day... back to his refusing everything... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Any advice? I know im starting ths habit alittle late, but never too late...

Anyone facing ts? his naps are quite regular and going to try to put him to sleep at night by leaving in his cot tonight. I know it would take a few days for him to understand. My husband and my mum have been rocking him to sleep till now, and i think i need to take over and make him learn to sleep by placing him in his cot.

Hi Hi,

Any bb here still no teeth yet???? I guess mine is the last one still without any tooth..... sobsobsobsob Dun noe when the teeth will come out. Sigh.

AR, my bb still sleeping in sarong, but no swing motion cos motor spoilt. Tried to put him in playpen and sleep but max onli an hour. Going to start training him soon to sleep on his own in playpen.

Tinospora, I have waitlised my bb to start Shichida in Oct. They dun have trial class. At first wan to start in July, but clash with my no 1's P1 registration. Hence push back to start in Oct. :)

Who else in Shichida? Or anyone on waitlist?

thanks Sally for replying [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I'm putting daughter in full day childcare come Oct, so can't join you for shichida... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

tinospora, I m also putting bb in CC once he hits 18mths in Nov, cos needs to spend time with no 1 preparing him for P1. Shichida is once a week, looking at weekends. :)

Anne

My gal too!! Refused food for quite a long time!! Breakfast dun want, lunch dowan dinner dowan. Always make me n hubby furious when feeding her. Yup u r rite force feeding no longer wOrks well. She turns her head away n walk away fr me!! So rebellious n hv a mind of her own!

Understand fr other mummy frens that when their child is teething, theirs will refuse food for uP to 3 weeks. Now at 2 yr old the gal eats a lot!

So this period of refusing food will pass!

Chloemum

My gal also a fast food bb! She luvs corn cup fr macs the most. N some Nuggets. No choice leh cos mine also dun like prepared food fr home. Even petite bowl fails to entice her!!!

little tiger: Just sounds like my boy...he like fries,nuggests from Macdonald...

Notie babies...I think he is teething too. He has 6 teeth but i sense he may be teething the rest. His body is warm like fever, it was like ts when he had his 6 teeth... I hope so this will pass soon.

Sally , I am starting Nat on Shchida starting July , I took the Sat 1030am class at TPY Hub . Anyone else in the same class ?

Hi mummies, my boy's the same, refuse any sort of food that is fed to him with a spoon.

I give him finger foods, sandwiches, fruits, biscuits, veges, ham etc. and he will eat them happily. It just seems that he is consuming lesser and lesser, when before he can 'down' a big bowl of porridge..i guess it is a phase until they know how to feed themselves with a spoon? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Seems like a lot of bbs who refuse to eat recently. I suspect it's the teeth. Sighz... Oh well. It's really crazy. For a few days, she refuse to eat, and suddenly, for 1 day, eat a lot. Den back to dun eat.

Little Tiger, yes yes, I agree with the head turning action. Mine will spit out all the food, if give drink she will also spit, like fountain. Faintz.

Her fav food recently, ICE CREAM! Arggg...

Any mummies starting their bbs on full cream milk yet? I have been trying. But ermmm, not a lot of luck. Hopefully can get Chloe on that soon. Will be a lot easier to go out. keke. Lazy mummy again.

A_R: Good luck with the sleep training! Need a lot of patience. And must be hard hearted. Life is definitely a lot easier when bb can sleep in cot alone. This is prob 1 of the most successful thing I have done so far. Training her to sleep by herself in cot @ 3 months old, and holding her bottle @ 7/8 months.

Nowadays, I just give her bottle in the cot, and she will finish and go sleep. I just go back in 10 mins to pick up the bottle. Works on most days.

A_R: How did u get Raihan to walk? I am having zero progress. Chloe has been cruising for the longest time ever. I suspect she can walk, but got no confidence at all!

Anne, Nope no 1 din go shichida, as I protest with hb last time. So this time he insisted no 2 must. ;-)

Michelle, actually original plan to start in july when my hb went down to pay the reg fee and deposit to queue. But then it clashes with no 1 reg, hence no choice to change to october so we settle no 1 registration first lor. My first choice is sat 8.45am. ;-)

Hello my boy finally pops his 4th teeth!

Baby walking...try this!

I play with my boy by putting him in standing position and let go, then move few steps behind and ask him "come here, come here" he will walk 1 or 2 steps and fall on my arms.

My boy thinks its very fun and keeps trying. Alth just 1 or 2 steps but it's a good start (^^)

Baby refuses to eat...

Try giving some dried fruit cookies or vegetable cake? Can storage in freezer for 1 week time.

maggie mee, you boy will clap his hand when he hear music? I sign "if you happy and you know it clap your hand" he will clap his hand and if I sign "twinkle, twinkle little star" he will open and close him palm hahaha..I think he learned from the school.

Recently I have started teaching him some sign language. eg: he will tap his face if I ask he the food nice or not hahaha...

At this age, we can slowly teach our baby thing.

Hello my boy finally pops his 4th teeth!

Baby walking...try this!

I play with my boy by putting him in standing position and let go, then move few steps behind and ask him "come here, come here" he will walk 1 or 2 steps and fall on my arms.

My boy thinks its very fun and keeps trying. Alth just 1 or 2 steps but it's a good start (^^)

Baby refuses to eat...

Try giving some dried fruit cookies or vegetable cake? Can storage in freezer for 1 week time.

maggie mee, your boy will clap his hand when he hear music? I sing "if you happy and you know it clap your hand" he will clap his hand and if I sing "twinkle, twinkle little star" he will open and close him palm hahaha..I think he learned from the school.

Recently I have started teaching him some sign language. eg: he will tap his face if I ask he the food nice or not hahaha...

At this age, we can slowly teach our baby thing.

Luckyone: Yes. Agree can start teaching bb stuff now. We have been teaching her the twinkle twinkle little star, if u are happy clap your hands. New one i taught recently is "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes" Chloe can do head already.

We also teach her how to reach traffic lights! She will now do the twinkle twinkle move when she sees the green man flickering! Very cute.

Other things that we have successfully taught, Blowing Kisses, Kissing on cheeks, wave bye bye, wave hello, signal NO, crawl to the toilet when we undress her and say "POM POM TIME", pat her soft toy tigger when we tigger "Orh Orh", etc. We play hide and seek with her too! She can crawl real fast to come find us.

Walking,... I think I just wait. No hurry.

luckyone, bb signing language is fun and a great way to communicate. Hence I taught both my boys at around 8mths. Its great to see him respond and signing back to us. ;-) Now my boy can "tok" with signing. Besides nodding his head to tell us yes for eg, he will attempt to say the word YES. Also like thank you, he cant say two words, but he responds by saying "Tank". So cute. hee My boy can sign eat, more, nod his head for yes, shake his head to tell me dun wan anymore, pull his diaper to tell me heavy, to change, clap his hands. N agreed that they respond well. When time for sleep, I tell him lets go sleep, he will cruise to the room himself and wait for me. Flying kiss, or asking him to come and kiss mummy, it just melts yr heart when he responds and cruise to you to give u kisses on your lips. :)

Chloemum: I agree, been trying for two nights, Monday was fast, cos he didnt nap in the afternoon, last night was terrible, brought him to sleep at 9, he slept only at 12.... An hubby gives in to his cries. so furstrating!!! like im managing two babies. Cant believe ts...Hes the one complaining that he cant carry and rock anylonger as hes growing...now hes not helping.

Anish does most of what you have mentioned and seem like not enough courage to walk. I try walking him by holding one hand, but hes afraid that he would fall. When i hold 2 hands he wd be walking faster than me...heheheheh!!!

Luckyone: Probably i would try your method.

SN/Michelle: Could you give me the feedback on the Shchida class.. I read the comments by other parents saying that it would be good to send children from 18 mths and above. Your views on this? How many months in advance must we sign up for the class?

Babies not eating well: I must agree Anish can gi w/o food and milk for 7-8 hrs. Its so painful seeing hime going on like ts. He refuse to eat anytg. Milk need to force too... He is willing to try what we give but spit out the very minute. He has 6 teeth, 4 on the top and 2 at the bottom... Can it still be teething problem and that he doesnt eat?

SO sad to see him going thin and tall... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Anne , I will let you know in July when I have started the class . You can call up Shichida to ask about registration cos not sure how long is their waitlist for weekend classes

Anne have you tried feeding Anish in front of the TV , I know it may not be a good habit , but it works for me when Nat is sick and doesn't want to eat , but once he watches his fav DVD he will eat haha .

Btw I sent my boy to Julia Gabriel for 1 term and found it quite good.

Michelle: Hi...sure i will check with them. How long do u intend to send him?

Oh yes i have done that...its not consistent, sometime he watch he eats sometimes he wont want too. busy playing nowadays. He talks alots and mimics our actions eg when he cough he would cough too...so fun to see him do all ts.

What kind of DVDs do u show him. I try not to let him watch too much tv too. He likes anything that sings, dances and talks to him on TV.

What do they do at Julia Gabriel?

Hello mummies

Need your advice regarding meals for my 13mths boy.

Can he have a normal adult meal outside? Cos I am going for one day driving trip.

Can he even eat Mcdonald nuggets or fries?

Is it safe to let my boy drink 3 or 4 times 150-180ml of Stage 3 Enfagrow when instructions recommended 4 big scoops x 2 times x 7-8oz?

Q: Is it safe to let my boy drink 3 or 4 times 150-180ml of Stage 3 Enfagrow when instructions recommended 4 big scoops x 2 times x 7-8oz?

I think it's ok becoz the instructions there are only a guide and PD also mentioned before that Asian babies tend to drink less milk per feed but requires more feeds so won't follow the guidelines on the milk can

re: shichida

Michelle i just signed up at TPY branch and indicate sat 1030 class as first pref. hopefully we will be in the same class [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

was going to bring bb to the zoo for the first time this weekend and saw that now kids > 1yr have to pay entrance fees as well?!?!?! new rule only started this week xianzzzzz [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Just wondering how would the ticketing officer at the zoo know the kid is more than 1 year old... we don't carry the kid's birth cert around right!?

Pringles: I think it's up to the parents' honesty... just like when u go restaurant order kids meal. the waitress won't ask u for proof unless it's obvious you are lying.

my little joy & happiness: I think it's ok to drink milk not according to instructions. My ger is coming 13 months, also on enfa 3, drinks like 1 x 210, 2 x 180, 2 x 120 a day. She still has her meals at least 2 times a day. Plus light snack for breakfast. And some junk in between milk and meals.

As long as they are growing, and eating well, everything is ok.

Babygi , great , so you will be starting class in July too ?

Anne , I will send Nat to Shchida as long as I find it useful for him . At Julia Gabriel , they sing song , do art and craft , outdoor play and music and movement. You can request to sit in a class to see what goes on

I normally let my boy watch Brainy Baby And Baby Einstein DVD , he doesn't seem to like the kids channels on SCV .

Chloemum

Oh ya read that ur gal likes ice cream fr fb so cute. Hehe. Mine even ice cream also dun like!

I started her on fresh milk le. She likes it!! I read from other threads that mummies started their bbs on fresh milk too from 1 yo..

Chloemum

Oh ya read that ur gal likes ice cream fr fb so cute. Hehe. Mine even ice cream also dun like!

I started her on fresh milk le. She likes it!! I read from other threads that mummies started their bbs on fresh milk too from 1 yo..

Hi Mummies!

I'm new to this thread and was a silent reader for 1-2 times.

Seems like I missed a great bday bash! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

My boy was born on May 26 2010. Read some posts abt expensive shoes.. know what is my prob? He has BIG feet!! He is wearing See Kai Run's 18-24M soft sole shoes and prob few weeks more will be tight [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] And he is not big/ tall lor. Just 9.9kg. Their next size is hard sole already! Not good for new walkers like him... sigh.

Can I ask abt your kids' food/ milk intake please? I've an older kid at 27months and I can't remember anything about feeding 12month olds! Hope mummies here can share their routines..

For me, my boy is still on 3hrly 160ml FM and 1 meal of porridge/ cereal only.

Tks in advance! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

michelle, ya starting in July [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

can our babies eat ice-cream already? my PILs still nag when i feed bb cold bb yogurt once in a while coz they say bbs cannot eat cold stuff +.+ normally i will leave it in room temp for 10 to 15 mins first but the greedy boy cannot wait once he saw the yogurt.

Hi mummies,

How's everyone doing?

Babygi, Michelle...

Ash is also on weekend class shichida. Hope can b in same class [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ice cream / fast food

I am letting her eat what I eat... I think it's okie as long as everything baby is having is in moderation.

Michelle,

Akiden also likes Brainy baby. :)

Food

I am closing both eyes on junk, with 3 full meals daily. He eats prata, nuggets, french fries, halfboiled eggs, etc. But he is still so so so MINI SIZE. Arghhhhhhh

ngcywc, I closed my blog liao. what kind of recipe you want?

My boy likes to watch baby tv!

Talking about my boy, haiz...now started show his temper liao.

He likes to hold the handle on his ANPANMAN car and walk but he is not stable yet so I support him by holding his arms or his shoulders but he will make noisy on that hahaha...he likes to walk without my support and walk very fast! OMG!

Junk food, I started Mayonnaise and Sugar in his menu liao and bake cookie and creamy cheese cake (the one with cookie below) for him too. As for ice-cream I don't dare to feed him yet. 2 reason, 1 is too cold and 2 is once he addited to ice-cream, he may don't want to have proper meal.

Any mummies delaying or taking separate jabs for mmr?

Our little ones will be due for this jab in abt 2-3 mths time. But read a lot of controversial news on this scary jab linking it to autism n even death. V worried now.

Wat do the rest of the mummies think?

hi mommies! i'm looking for a preowned Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo. If you've one to sell, pls do let me know by PM the price, condition and location. many thanks!

hi mommies, very quiet here. where's everyone?

need some tips on tantrum control here. once sophie turn one, she too turn one she too turn into a angry baby.

whenever i get her out of the bath she scream, take her water bottle way she scream, stop her from opening drawers she scream, put her to nap she scream, wake up from nap she also scream. im going deaf liao.

mummies got way to stop babies from screaming the house down? im going deaf liao.

Mush... same goes for my boi.... now he learns to screams whenever we take something away from him/ prevent him from doing something...

Is this a phrase ?Im worried it wil become a habit..

wow, mush, i thought my boy is the only one. Scared he will grow up to be very bad temper, every little things, scream and hit me. Tried to discipline him by telling him no firmly. Initially, tried to hit his hands softly, but dunno whether it will encourage him to hit us back.

Every little thing cry and scream, wants things to go his way. Headache!

Back