(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

I saw PInk Zee & zhuzhu's cookies for the classmates, but too bad my cc dont allow outside food maybe i can let them bring home & let the parents decide on whether to let the kids eat or not.

cellow,

yah. very quiet now

anyway, yu ze is taking very well to the new teacher. on sat morning, i remind him that we are going for violin. first thing he asked me is which one? is it the black teacher (he call the new teacher black teacher not cos he is black but he was wearing black). then i tell him yes, he say ok.

this new teacher is very firm and a bit fierce. but yu ze likes him, he is willing to come back home and practice almost every night too. i added violin practice into his bedtime routine, just a short 5 mins or so, all he needs to do is to repeat everything that he had learn 2 - 3 times and we can proceed to reading books.

i'm so glad that i change him almost immediately to this new teacher. travelling distance and time cut short a lot, no parking involved and fees is cheaper too and the very important factor of him, liking this teacher.

Celyn

heng u change teacher. wait kill the child's interest totally.

its what my friend is very particular about wrong methods of teaching. ESP reading. she started reading very early but went into nit picking prouncation & nearly killed her child's joy of reading. after that thankfully she realised it & changed her method.

her boy's coming 6 this yr & has already finished the Keyword series & going into wordier books.

she is my OU Xiang for reading & reading coaching for the kids.

one thing i will surely not cope well is Mandarin. i can still do the readers recommended now but OMG i think if we go into worder kind of Mandarin reading - i will vomit blood.

vic ma,

yah yah. so glad that i didn't wait. i withdraw from original school and give 1 month notice and forgo the fees for that one month and switch him over immmediately. though i have another back up teacher at medley who is more ex, in case this doesn't work out.

i don't know how to teach reading. now i just read and he repeats after me. sometimes, he don't repeat and just listen only.

my hb said some teachers are those style. dont care whether you keen to learn or not. its like China choose children from young for sports, training them to be national performer in the future.

wrong mentality la the teacher.

His mentality will be better for those who already have basics & show some talent & then go to a further advancement teacher.

Probabily SG every one wants a Doctor & lawyer - so he is out of "business" so to speak & have to take on kids to teach even??????????

vic ma,

the original teacher is very patient. maybe he dare not 'scold' cos i'm inside. so when yu ze refuse to do anything, he also don't know what to do with him. he will just repeat himself hoping that yu ze will follow but it fails.

Hi mommies,

Went to the kids fair at expo hall 5 today to enroll my #2 in his sister's cc as got $300 rebate off his school fee when he starts there in jul. Abbotts got a booth there, got only 900gm cans for sale and price is similar to the supermarket price during offer but Abbotts offers a further $5 for every $100 spent. Nothing to shout about but ok for the mommies staying near expo.

morning mommies

went to legoland yesterday, spent almost 10 hours. no cars at custom and not crowded at legoland. we took many repeats rides.

celynlee

bought k to legoland & hellokitty last weekend 2 days 1 night

no crowds and custom is fast

so hot isnt it and nothing much for our 3 yrs old toddlers

chips,

ok la.

we took

boat ride X 2

car ride X 3

big train X 2

small train X 1

bounce X 1

playground X 2

build and test X 2

aeroplane X 1

fire engine X 1

what toothpaste do you all use now?

for coming 5 year old, can they start using normal toothpaste? i change yu ze from first teeth to earthbest. he tell me its not nice.

chips,

hahaha.... yah yah. 2nd trip there and taking almost all the same rides. this time round, no obsveration tower cos its closed but with the additional build and test loh.

Morning mummies!!

celynlee: I juz changed my son from first teeth to pigeon brand, but he reject... and i changed to earthbest, he wants it... guess he only wants the "GEL" Type...

what else is recommended?? as earthbest stated to be suitable until 3 yrs old .... our kids are almost 3 liao..... can still continue use??

morning ladies

MIA a while, packing for my big move.

going to be maidless in a week! AND SAHM! anyone got any advice?

dawn: my gal had resistance to switch from first teeth to pigeon too. i would put both, then when she refuse, put back first teeth. how i got her to transition finally was i bought her a stool to stand at the sink, plus a cup to gargle and spit. then she agree... even now she will put up a resistance to brush teeth in general. so i will use my devious tricks to get her to brush. so far so good.

Maddie: ya have to use alot of tricks... but recently he wans to follow what daddy do... so getting the lazy daddy to teach him to brush ... hope sucessful

My girl scared of tooth fairy. We say either mummy daddy brush or tooth fairy will come later and brush. Sometimes i tell daddy use my phone n call tooth fairy. Or ask him if tooth fairy coming soon. She will auto ask 'mummy pls help me brush tweth' haha.

Hi Maddie,

U will be fine as a SAHM but will your gal be a stay-at-home-kid? If yes, w 2 kids 24/7, then I say tons and tons of patience is needed or better still, childproof your new residence and let them go wild! Bon voyage!

Ruru: yes. That is my fear as I will suddenly be a sahm and my two will suddenly be sahk's. So loss of routine for everyone. Am packing my cane and preparing myself mentally for tears everyday. From all of us. Haha.

Hi mommies,

Went to Legoland yesterday and fled (yes, fled!) after 2hrs there with my gal taking just 1 ride! It was super super hot and crowded. Universal studio is so much better compared to Legoland! Think will only attempt another trip there when the hotel is ready.

Hi Celyn,

My hairstylist told me it is 15mins drive after passing thru Legoland and there are not alot of road signs along the way thus it isn't so easy via map reading only.

morning mommies

ruru cat,

not too sure. that time we went is via coach and on the way, we see lots of banner to show us the way there.

Hi mummies, I am a latebloomer here. Was wondering if there is any facebook chats for April 2010 mummies? [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hey mummies!~!~!~!

Monnday blue blue deeeeeeeeeeeeee [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] ...

hello reiz

i am so happy didi goes to the urinal himself to pee in the morning & he will pull off from the wall & try to pour into the toilet bowl.

pee rather yellow though lolz.

need to drink more water.

Back