(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

morn mummies!!!

orangey..huan ying ni hui lai =) ..hear u tok abot costco ..i also excited :p

dazz ...for peace of mind, bring yr boi to the pd if this helps u ...our dh at times can be so cool that they dun seem so kan cheong i feel...mummies worry a lot more [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

SG_SC ..over-stimulated perhaps ? or a break from the usual routine due to cny with guests coming n visiting?? .

dazz,

better bring lah. for me, i always very relax when they sick, fall or whatsoever one. its hubby who will be super gan cheong. but for eyes i rather be kiasee loh.

Smsed hubby to ask him how's BbZ. He replied me, "like kena punched." O_O|||

So he's bringing him now to PD. =(

morning all!

dazz,

i return to SG this evening. at 10+pm. stupid flight timing i know. bcz we booked the flights so late this year.

how ws your cruise? huat anot?

buy the an xin, bring bbZ to the PD. mummies will mostly be more kan cheong than daddies... very normal.... unless you got a Mr C type. sometimes i tease him that he shd be the mummy instead, except for breastfeedg and giving birth, he can do everything else. i really must give credit to MIL for teaching him hsehold skills.

mumofamelia,

YAY! that evening wasnt as bad as you thot eh.

enjoy the first day of work!

orangey,

HAHAHA! Mr C also smtimes gives me the look when i want to stock up on certain bb things. not on diapers and milk powder (for C1) la, but things like bb wipes and clothes/shoes for 5yo boys for example... when C1 is only 2.5yo. :p

dazz,

mr dazz not working today ah...

well at least he is bringing bbZ to the PD now that it looks serious (kena punched indeed)

Cellow, he only start work tomorrow.

Bbdust~!! so shiok~!! on leave... *envy* i'm in office but no mood to work leh.. whole morning surf net till now. =X think i beta start doing something.. otherwise lao ban gonna treat me to fried sotong!! =X

Alamak... just realised me, my hubby and my SIL all "fan tai sui" this year. Better go temple pray pray liaoz. =S

Morning! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Happy Lunar New Year to everyone.

Today just back to work. Tuesday bluess. sianz.

btw last whole week i was like cooking the same porridge for my boy. find like boring.

So far i tried throw all ingredients into slow cooker....

millet, lentil, brown rice for the porridge.

fish/pork porridge w sweet corn + broccoli/sweet potato/spinach + tofu

Can share what different porridge/dishes u prepare daily? cos think til scratch my head.

What is your feeding schedule like?

breakfast - happybellies organic multigrain cereal ( u all still giving this)?

lunch - porridge

dinner - porridge

kite,

i think only adults find it boring to cook same food everyday. ah boy doesnt know any better, everything also eat.

wat i do to keep myself happy w the variety is to add only one meat and one veg to the porridge each day. then vary lor.

i only started 2 meals of porridge (lunch and dinner) 10 days ago when i came back to msia. MIL was aghast that i m still feeding only one meal, so.... now i feed 2 meals. C2 takes 2/3s of a chinese rice bowl of porridge per meal. both maid and i agree that he is def heavier now. growth spurt. he was already 9+kg in dec, so i dun feel guilty that i m underfeeding. my sons are big sized for their age.... sigh. hard to feed in their teenage years. sure clear out my rice v fast.

Hi all,

I'm still having my cny vacation..(2 days MC due to nite cough)

I'm happily enjoying my bonding with my boy and "watching/observing" the maid hahaaa

today she said out wow didnt expect her angpaos is more then the amt my family expected.. good for her.

Really not easy for her alone to b with my boy, my boy climb here n there n no naps very siong.

kite

recently I tried oven baked ikan and not my usual fry ikan..

OK lei n quite fast 10 mins 180 degree out from oven, during baking flip them once.

If fry got to fry very long cos slow fire, fry no oil in non stick pan n keep stiring.

After which I use pounder, from morning pound until evening I only got a small quantity after sift.. maybe my sift hole too tiny

My ikan powder is so much better then my previous try maybe during cny I got more time to pound patiently ..

oregon,

wow u pound fr morning til evening, so long?

can use grinder? the ikan bilis make the porridge sweeter rite?

I need a helmet to protect head n chin, any recommendations..

I need a grinder to be able to grind my ikan very very very smooth, anyone can recommend which brand?

kite

grinder, my hse 1 no good lei got small particles, in the end use pounder.

ikan provide calcium.

I suddenly so hardworking make more cos I find his teeth coming out hahaa.. so he need more calcium

oregon

cant remember e model, let u know again. yup now i also more conscious of his diet liao. how much portion your boy is eating now? he depends, sometimes few spoonful, sometimes 1 bowl.

he eat 1 rice bowl of porridge for lunch. he dun wan same thing for dinner. so I nv give porridge for dinner, cereal he also dun wan so now only 1 meal a day n fruits everyday.

When i put veggies can forget it liao porridge can throw.

Hi mummies,

My boy's two front teeth is emerging out but I noticed they are wide apart. I am concern if there will be a gap in between the two teeth. Mummies, do your babies' two front teeth grow close together? Do I need to bring him to see a dentist?

Elmoo,

Wah miss my smell ah? Now is my 同鄉 season, can smell similar everywhere~ LOL

Celyn,

Yes, im so looking fwd to come home lor.. I need my sleep, my happy boy who eats his porridge well and I dont want more naggings :p

Sgsc,

No la! Carrefour is ikan bilis nia! Think IKEA! Costco is like IKEA but in supermarket mode and they have plentiful of USA food stuffs there and they are in mega size. The chips are all as long as my torso!!! I wonder how to finish up :S I actually bought 2 packs back and 1 bursted on the plane!!!! Gotta be hardworking to eat chips everyday!! LOL~~

Dazz,

Haha.. 台灣國語 :p

Cellow,

Dun understand men lor.. When we wanna buy, they says no but when they wanna buy they buy! Papa Orangey almost bought a bicycle bck cause he says good n cheap!

Dreamic,

My boy's teeth also like that.. only the upper part. My mum says it will close when they grow bigger. Maybe ask HJ.

HJ,

How ah? If our bb's 2 font teeth has a middle gap?

Oh! If your're staying near any supermarket, stock up on the diapers!!!

Dreamic,

My fei po also 2 big 门牙 apart then when 3rd and 4th came out the gap close up, dun worry [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

orangey,

Miss your FB and forum posts mah.. 好想你哦! ;p

Usually after milk feed, how many hours later u will give porridge? cos even i waited for 2 hours (after milk feed), he seems full. eat only 10 spoonsful. how to increase his porridge intake?

my boy has 2 upper teeth (WIDE WIDE apart). 3rd upper teeth and 1 bottom teeth sprouting out at the same time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

kite

ur porridge no taste is it ?

after porridge near 1hr he take milk 180ml but I told maid not to give so much give 150ml I scare he too full cos he finished 1 bowl of rice.

hahahaha... really buy an "an xin". PD says BbZ is ok... he's active and bubbly. I can hear the "smug" in hubby's voice but, chey! as long as my baobei is fine, i'm happy. haha

oregon,

got leh. my porridge quite sweet if i put pork fillet with sweet corn. if i just put pork only, he like eat little. he seems like sweet sweet thing. oh dear! how u cook? how abt u?

before eat porridge, how long ago was his milk feed? how long did u wait after his milk feed then give him porridge?

Kite, mine is about 3 hours gap. He also just taking 2 meals a day. One around 11 - 12pm, the other 5-6pm. and usually it's the same thing for both meals for the same day. =X

kiTe

usually after 11.30 anytime will feed porridge cos usually his milk feed is 10 plus, so testing testing if he say nei nei, nei nei tat means hungry liao cn feed porridge, if nv say aga aga noon jus feed he will eat.

Near 1pm feed him milk, duno why he wants also definitely nt thirsty cos he alrdy drink 1/2 bottle of water during porridge

dazz,

good to know he is ok. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

kite,

mine will eat lunch at 11am and dinner around 4+pm. mummy is lazy so 2 meals eat the same food. in between, my girl will cry for milk. usually about 1 hour after food. she is still not sleeping through.

oic. cos i find even after 2 hours, he stil like not hungry??? still hv to catch his timing. 3hours apart, scare too long....

This morning eat abit cereal at 8am. just check w my mum. he drank his milk at 10.30am (never finish though). then 12.30 give porridge only 10 mouths. full? in that case,i shall wait til 1pm? but scare in between he hungry?

u all always wait for signal or cry then give?

now i ask my mum not to give porridge, give him milk he slping now, will give fruit later when wakes up. then 7pm wil feed him porridge. told her last milk feed at 4.30pm. shld be ok rite?

kite, babies are very clever de. They will not allow themselves to be hungry. You don't worry so much la. I think 3 hours gap is quite ok actually. If he is not showing signs of hunger, he should be ok?

Ok mummies thank you for putting me at ease. Hah so it is normal to have a gap in between the two front teeth :]

Kite,

Mine will have porridge in the morning at around 1030 and that is 3 hr after his first milk feed. Depending on how much porridge he eats, we will give him milk when he is hungry (he will be sucking his finger). That is usually about 2.5 to 3.5 hr later.

dazz,

heng that bbZ is fine! dun care the HB's smugness la. as long as you reassure yourself.

kite,

is your boy growing well in your opinion?

3 hours gap is ok. that's the time between C2's milk feeds. like dazz said, they are v clever - they will def let you know (loudly!) when they are hungry.

CNY rant

i dislike that CNY messes up their feeding and sleep schedules. i m struggling to get C2 to nap more during the day.... over stimulation fm being carried by assorted strangers that i see once a year, but oh, we happen to be related to them. new year relatives, i call them.

ohh... read back that gbh posted that the 1st BD bash is at

Date: 5 March 2011, Sat

Time: 1-5pm

Venue: Melville Park Simei St 1 Function Room

I thought it should be another venue that was confirmed few months back? Sorry, I long time no login, kinda lost.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Btw mommies, I know that Jan 2010 1st BD bash, they did find some sponsors, do we have something like that or would like something like that?

I'm so sorry, it has been months since I last drop in thus I dunno what is the progress like.

If need to, I can try to check with my fren to see if she knows or not. No promise though.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cellow,

my boy is ok 9.5kg but he is iron def. PD said hv to eat more meat n iron food. tats why i m worried if he only eats 10 teaspoonful. Now trying to adjust his schedule.

separation anxiety:

does your bb behave like tt during cny? my boy dont allow others carry him during cny visits. he only wants me carry. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

kite,

have you had a second PD opinion re the iron deficiency? do ask them how they know.

the only conclusive way that i know abt is a blood test to test the iron level. did your PD do a blood test?

C2 has minimal separation anxiety. he looks for me yes... as long as Mr C or I are in sight or he is occupied (playing or eating), he is fine. think bcz we dun carry him a lot.... so as long as he is carried and he likes the look of the person carrying him, tis fine.

cellow

'likes the look lei'

my boy lagi funny, if someone carry he dun wan to look at the person, he knw once he look he wont like.. haaa so jus enjoy being carry w/o knowing whose the person.

My uncle gave him hp, he jus play with the phone n dun look at the person...

cellow, "likes the look of the person carrying him".. LOLZ!!! Got character leh! hahahha. Yeah, i agree the messing up of sleeping time part. Till now, TodZ's sleeping time is still not very back to normal yet. He still refuse to sleep at bedtime, will dilly dally, till 1 - 2 hours past bedtime then he doze off. But didi is ok. So far so good. *cross fingers* Does your boys fight when they're in Msia?? Or because too many people to keep them occupied, they forgot. hahahaha.

Separation anxiety: Hah my boy has that too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Every time I go back to my mother's place he will cry. Nobody else can carry him (not even my mother). How to have a birthday party for him if he behaves this way? Argh.....

gap between front teeth is ok. The more gaps between baby teeth is better. This is to accommodate the bigger adult teeth next time. Things to worry about are crossbites if there are any.

Until now my boy only has one lower incisor. Playing waiting game with mummy.

HJ,

reassuring to know that gap between front teeth is ok. your boy has only one; my boy is growing his 8th. major pain when he bites me!

dazz, chips,

if C2 doesnt like the look of the person carrying him, he will kick to go down or else scramble into my arms or Mr C or his grandparents' arms.

oh. today i went downstairs to get a drink (working but from ILs' place in Msia today). C2 saw me and wanted me to bao bao.

i ran behind the sofa to hide, dropped to floor level and scuttled like the hunchback of Notre Dame to the staircase to go up to the room. the funny things we mummies have to do!!

dazz,

heh, you are rite. C1 and C2 forgot to fight.

C1 was playing w his eldest boy cousin (8yo) a lot of times, C2 well, he ws playing w anyone who is willing to play w him.

Back