(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

Orangey,

yes, i like the Manduca a lot. But different ppl have different requirements. You should go try all the different carriers before you make a decision. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wendees,

sleep ritual starts at 7pm. Change her and read a book to her. Feed. Burp. Lie down. Then she'll feed again at around 8:30pm. Burp, lie down again. Feed again at 9:30pm...burp. Put her down. Then she's off to dreamland after talking to herself for a few mins.

gbh,

hahahaha! I think if I kena missing breastpad like that, confirm kancheong already. Lol.

SG_SC,

I had carpel tunnel syndrome during the last trimester of pregnancy. Gynae say due to swelling of muscles..pressing down on my nerves. After birth, slowly got better. Right now, at times, my right hand still feels a bit numb...the fingertips there.

Re: playmat

I was looking at the small small world website. What's the diffrence betw the parklon, LG etc palymats huh? How come such a big diff in price? And which would u mummies recommend?

Sophie the giraffe, any mummies bought this teether? Good? Thinking of heading out to get one today since my girl likes to put everything in her mouth now.

HI SG_SC, yes, heard of Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. Quite serious for the late stage, if you are at the stage where you no longer can control the spoon. Means when you half way feed your kid, and the spoon just get thrown away. Or when drive.

It can also be the way you hold your baby, especially if you use a lot of the strength of wrist or hold bb to bf for a prolonged time. I got it during my #1, as my boy considered big size and want to be hugged regardless he sleeps or not. He always sleep on me like a koala bear. Can you imagine that? At that time, i didn't opt to go surgery coz doctor said, if i go surgery, I can't hold my kid for at least 6 months, then who to take care of them?? You say la, you teach me la, i asked the doctor. Even holding the hand bag will be a problem, can you imagine? I suggest you go physio and stick on the schedule, must be discipline like 2 hourly, it could help. Also, at the same time, try to reduce some weight, it can help also. I lose some weight and i got cortisone injection, then now is ok.

If you need a good doctor, I have 1 in Mt E - Dr. Jeffrey Chew. But super expensive, consultant is $200. I can afford at that time coz I still employed in a good MNC at that time. Now? I think I will have to bear with the pain as got more priority things to pay for now. See this patient education link - http://www.eorthopod.com/eorthopodV2/index.php?ID=36f4f82ac36382cfb6dfafab50417f2f&disp_type=topic_list&area=11

click on Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - very good info i think which is free lo.

So, i presume my girl will be same lo, to be carried all day long. After she is ill, even worst now. Go toilet, have to either bring my boy or my girl in, sorry lo. Coz ever once leave my boy outside while bb in the cot, end up my boy shares his biscuit with her. Faintz!!!

My girl vomited few times last nite, rushed to PD this morning. Poor girl, from her surgery at her 20th day till today, she seems ill most of the time. I also don't know what to do. Even bring her to the temple liaw. What else I can turn to? Lost!!

celyn, cellow,

yah, am trying to maintain the 3-4 hrs pumping. But not doable when I am outside, running arrand or when both kiddos are home. Must set a loud alarm tonight to make me wake up at wee time to pump. hee.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

zhuzhu,

jiayou! Just do the 3-4hrsly pump when you are home.

celyn,

you want to try this mommy's cupcake? http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3857455.html?1280112084

Apparently many people ordered from her before. You can also let her know What theme you want.

I like her choco delights very much.

Wonderland (mrsong) , i latch and pump as per normal but my menses resumed. During my menses, my ss drop by half ( I do not have alot to begin with)

Now totally no motivation to continue breastfeed since my ss so little. I decided to stop.

My bb is 3 mth old btw.

blushwax,

I bought a parklon playmat from ssw before. My friend told me that the difference is the LG mat is more firmer than parklon one. And of cse, you have to see which design you like. Cos they have different design too.

brandedfans,

my heart goes out to you. Very heartpain to know your bb have to go for surgery when she is so young.

Have you tried to bring her to tcm? There are 3 famous TCM clinics which people will usually bring their bb. One at kembangan, one at toa payoh and one at jurong west. Think you can try any of them if you believe in tcm or tuina.

Crayon see,

when u say firmer,do you mean harder? Yeap. Saw the different designs. Was wondering other than the design, wats the difference between the different kinds.

Hi blushwax,

yes it is harder. My parklon playmat at 15mm can still be folded and delivered in a big bag. But the 15mm LG playmat, if not wrong, can only be rolled into a carton box.

XLH,

am in the same boat as u on 'separation anxiety, pumping, work & not so fantastic koligs ..bleah.'

Cellow

your 'weird' yay very funny, but I always like ur way of seeing things. BTW the other day u mentioned the pecking order, I fully concur with u on that.

I got one more problem: no clothes to wear. When to try on lotsa clothes but everything looks great and good for office except for tummy or need to wear one more layer inside. Not breastfeeding friendly..

kdd,

whether to get parklon or lg - you can decide via price and the design. See which is more important to you.

As for big size or small size, depends on where you want to place the mat.

I got the size L one and I find it heavy to lug around. So I place it in the balcony area and seldom use it.

kdd,

LOL on your response to my weird yay!

big or small size for playmat depends on the avail space. mine is this http://www.smallsmallworld.com/yellow-bear-p-303.html but the smaller version as my hdb apmt simply has no space to put a bigger one [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

din know got diff between LG and parklon. when i got mine, i just got the least expensive version which was the LG yellow bear.

crayon,

bring bb wherever you go and latch lor. keke

Woofy,

My boy weight not really stagnant but rather nv increase as much that's why Im worried cause he will go on milk strike occasionally through out the day. Like says sometimes he will finish 100ml or 120ml at one go.. then sometimes he just stop at 40ml don't want. Haiz.. PD says monitor his weight lor. I really hope he go back to gaining 1+kg per mth like last time! God, please hear me again!

orangey....mmm duno leh..my boi since birth has been gaining weight steadily..then suddenly bo gain for like 3 weeks but drop a bit instead... i get worried...he's drinking fine..no milk rejection etc etc ..like what u always say " God, please hear me again!"

cellow,

he dun want to latch.. sobz..

Last week even funnier.

I forgot to bring pump to my MIL's house. Then after 6hrs, my nei become hard and as it is near my bb's feeding time, I tried to latch him.

First latch, he suckle for less than 3 mins then push out the nipples. When I tried to feed him again. He tugs, pull and cries.

Then I change him to another side of my breast, he stil cries non-stop and dun wan to suck. When I keep offering him the breast (and he knows I kinda force him), he then suckle for less than 3 mins and push out the nipples too. after pushing out the nipples, he smiled at me (macam telling me that he did his best to clear a bit of the milk liao) and when I offer him the breast again, he cried and look away.

You see, how to nurse him outside. aiyoh..

Vic_MA: I have transferred $3 to u for the pooh watch. Thks.

Crayon: your baby don't want to drink, one reason could be your nei hard so don't like. You may want to try to express a bit out first so your baby will feel more comtfortable drinking.

Ladies! Don't worry so much lah

babies weight will slow down at certain point of their life and then growth spurt gaining wt!

Sometimes when they dun put on horizontally, have u checked vertically?

Maybe they are growing taller instead.

fyi, Tristan has also slimmed down and no longer puipui liaoz.. but if he's healthy who's complaining?

I hope his cough faster recover

Hi ladies,

How's everyone doing?

Orangey & KDD,

Both of you want your bb to gain weight & my boy gain too much weight.

My boy @ 14weeks with 9.38kg & PD is concern becasue his caugh getting worse & worry his tiny heart cannot take his weight. So I reduce the milk intake from 180ml to 160ml. So far can see from outlook his slim down a bit & caugh is recover.

Help!

Today left my girl at my mom's place to test out the routine for when I go back to work next week. Very scary driving there in the rain this morning. Prob is I cannot pump enough [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] spent 1hour plus pumping after I fed her about 3hours ago and got only 100ml. Siao Liao... Have no problem when I latch her. Have prob getting milk to flow when pumping. Any suggestions? Made a cup of mother's milk tea hoping it will help me. And my girl drinks 150ml or more for one feed (don't know why still so small size but that's another worry). Now I think will have to supplement with formula when I go back to work cos can't pump out enough [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

every baby is really different hor? my baby prefers my breast when it is rock hard. she seem to enjoy her milk drinking experience better that way. once she drink up maybe about 75% of the milk and the breast softens, she will unlatch herself and fuss to indicate, "mummy, change side please" ;p

tomorrow's my husband's birthday! i'm thinking of getting a digital photo frame and put baby's pictures inside for him so he can place on his desk in the office but now almost 3pm, i'm still at home, have not bought the digital pohoto frame! heee...

syz, i made a cup of mothers milk tea last week cos i felt ss dropping, my girl fussy at breast n not taking well. after that one cup, i need to feed her and pump and had quite a few lumps appeared on both breasts. scared after that to drink the tea liao.then i figure, if my girl don't want to drink so much then nvm. anyway since she so fat, can afford to lose some weight. so shock to see she was one of the biggest bb at the gathering!

crayon see,

the tcm at toa payoh is where eh? my #1 cough for 3 months already. western medicine doesnt work lei...is thinking of chinese herbs to build up her lungs

Maddie,

your bb prob absorbed all the goodness of your bm! Mine small size I think cos she doesn't sleep enough and keeps moving around so all got burned up.

My breasts feel full but the milk can't flow out. Can't get the let down [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] ok got to keep trying... Can get through the abscess prob can get through this too... **this too shall pass x 100**

Janet

I recommend this powder from Eu Yang San call Hou-Zao-San

It's $66 for one really small bottle only

It's really good for phlegm and cough relieve

wn,

i wanted to buy one of those digital photo frames too.... but the nice looking ones at liang court cost $100 plus. wanna faint at the price!

syz,

the more relaxed you are, the more milk you produce.

drink enuf water, slow down the pace of your life.

perhaps tis the adrenalin fm the drive in the rain this morning that is affecting your ss. i know (and i have tested this before) that when i bring work documents to read when pumping in my coy's mothers' room, i get less ~30% ebm volume than if i read trashy women's magazines. so i empty my mind of work while pumping.

take it one pump at a time. jia you!

maddie,

"so shock to see she was one of the biggest bb at the gathering" bbM is healthy mah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

as long as our bbs are healthy, tis enough.

crayon

mine is the 2nd thickest one forgot actual dimensions.

jade

ok i check tomorrow. I still waiting for thewatches to reach me.

Ya hor i need to buy more stamps i forgot i was at sam machine yday.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: I was diagnosed with that in the last 6 weeks of pregnancy and went on MC immediately till delivery. The pain has slowly lessened since delivery although I know my fingers and wrist are still swollen (still can't wear my rings). Was told by my doc that losing the excess weight will help.

Cellow, can get ikea photo frame for $15. It is like desk calendar flip chart n can put I can't remember 10 over photos. Want to do that for my hb. He won't mind having a cheapo wife. :)

maddie,

i got the cheapo ikea photo frame already - haha! pre-empt you in cheapo-ness! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

syz,

you try, then you let me know if watching korean dramas work.

okie, i m going to pump now. time for brainless reading of women's mags. LOL!!

yiwen, wow! your baby very big? My baby's not so big. He's bit fussy with milk. Now's much better, now at 16 weeks drinking 150ml. Duno if it's growth spurt. But hope he'll continue. He's now about 6kg plus, hope will increase, so he'll look rounder.

Maddie, how does mother's milk tea taste like? I'm taking fenugreek.

Thanks everyone for sharing your sleep rituals. Blushwax, guess 7pm's too early for us. That's our dinnertime. Will see how to manage lor.

Re: playmat

Ya, I also want to get one soon. Cos now, baby's playtime is on our bed. That's his playmat for now. Duno if I should spend so much. Anyone knows if there're any sprees for LG or parklon playmat now?

maddie,

u also dun look L to me... i gotta wear L bcoz i think from top to bottom, i sort of "expanded" liao... i think even if my tummy bcoz flat flat next time, still no way can go bk one size alrdy...

sg_sc,

i think by then i left vivo liao.. i left there b4 6 pm... but vivo forever so crowded... even if walked past i think we wont even spot each other! plus yday got the hair for hope campaign goign on for the children cancer society... wah.. so many brave females shaved their hair... *claps! claps! claps!*

wendees, haha yes he's big & out of the scale for height also. My HB & me is big size group so our kids will like us but PD suggest to control cos he grow too fast.

sg_sc,

wah u very kua zhang leh... wear XXL??? u went trying out kiddy swimwear ah?? so tt y got go for XXL??? hahhaha! seriously, u dun look very big to me leh...

aiyoh... if sick better stay home to rest... if not might kena get worse.. hope u better liao... yday i realise i also got itchy throat n kept wanting to cough.. but i think tt might be bcoz hb car dusty... or what.. bcoz i was fine whole day else where.. only in his car then i like tt...

crayon see,

ooo.... tt sounds painful... at least my gal dun really bite n pull... she just sucks onto my nipple with a strong suction then use her timy hand to put on my breast n near the nipple to push herself AWAY from my breast...

bite without pulling alrdy very painful leh... cant imagine with pulling... oooowwwww!

ya... my gal super cranky when nighttime slp comes one... the bp org in fact asked if i can meet her after 1130pm! bcoz when she returned my call alrdy 10pm plus... n she needs time to do some mockup deco on some crotchet hats tt im interested... i kept asking her if im imposing on her... so last min n so late n she told me she dun slp so early one.. hahaha! i guess lotsa mummies r owls...

my gal just gave a yelp in her nap n i went over to see... she turning her head left n right n smiling a bit.. b4 falling bk to slp.. guess she is having a happy dream!

Any SAHMs interested in joining me for trip to Singapore Flyer? There is a Passion Card promo until end of August. Tickets are at 50% discount. I can get up to 10 tickets inclusive of my own. Anyone interested please PM me.

wonderland,

it is common to have some spotting when bfing.. tt time i had some abt 2 mths after birth.. asked gynae when i went bk for last chkup.. he said it is not start of menses.. some sort of due to hormones thingy bcoz of bfing... din really understand..

Wendees, it taste like camomile with other stuff. Not bad, I put with honey

Gbh, just took my suitcase of S and M work clothes down to try in preparation for work next week. Can wear only the stretchy sleeveless ones. Definitely no bottoms can fit. Sianz. Kept the rest of my clothes back in. Guess if need will go shop for more L size stuff.

Back