(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

Ruru,

wow ur fashion sense [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4099169.gif]

R u a consultant for that ? if not, maybe you can consider this as your career.

My left nip has a huge blister [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] resulted from improper latch during the drive home (silly me... Couldn't bear her crying so let her latch). Anyone know what's the fastest way for it to heal? It is one big liquid filled bubble right now.

[email protected]

pls let me hv yr name and addy and #boxes u need and transfer 7.20 per box. It will be pre-order basis will take around 3-4 weeks to reach sg.

Posb savings 207 23280 7

I will be making an order soon to top us stocks for april mums if i say and myself pple will scold me.

Syz

yr bb has some razor gums there so terok ar? I prefer to burst it and leave ebm air dry. If u see any puss u might want to pump and throw. If u can still take it to latch can carry on but best let it heal 1st just pump 2 days let the wound dry up abit

vicma,

U frequent online purchase on clothing, I got myself a few times n very disappointed wif the material. Even bags also dosent seem to b as wat I view online.. Very deceiving.. Dare not try anymore but then gadgets n other stuffs still Ok..

celia

the diff is i am plus size and there are plus sizes stores around just more ex than online. I accept the quality for the price i pay. I scout local stores when there is a sale too to buy something i really tried on before. My size s friend also cannot phantom why i keep doing it. Partially i also dont hv time to go shop too.

I used to take a day off once every few mths to shop drink coffee alone but end up missing my kid like siao. So i end up bringing her subsequently.

I take the gamble lor but i wont fork out too much for these gambles.

vicma & mummies,

Any of u online purchase for victoria secret, forever 21, or gap/navy etc etc..

victoria secret not bad lei I bought a few rounds, my fren got the panties for the maid Hahaa got a scolding from another fren n mi.. How come buy so sexy 1 for her..

Any of u keen in victoria secret, I always tongbang my fren cos I Duno how to do the transactions.. I will like to explore n see wats nice n new currently..

Hi ladies,

Re: Online shopping

Yes, online shopping have to take a gamble unless u are buying branded items where there is QC for the quality.

Hi Celia,

No lah, me just interested in fashion and was in the industry for awhile, so have a sharper sense of awareness, that is all.

In other countries like USA and UK, personal shopper in big departmental store is considered a respected job and can command a good pay.

Online shopping is my favourite hobby! I shop overseas site for my kids (oldnavy & gap), wetseal & tw spree for myself but most of the time is I buy from local sellers (livejournal blogshop).. Less waiting time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ru Ru,

wow then u got to advise me wat wil look good on me.

u got facebook ? wats ur add. I add u .. my profile high privacy

Take a look at me n advise me lei

currently my hip hor big lei jean skirt cant zip. I prefer wearing dress but big hips wont look good.

Vic Ma,

I dare not burst it, scared of the pain. Just now let her latch still ok, not pain but I have this vision of it bursting in her mouth :eek: sigh... Think have to pysch myself to burst it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi Ladies and gentleman (we do have 1sttimepapa logging in sometimes),

Have been too busy to catch up with all the posts so will just respond to those I did manage to read. Daughter took her 6 in 1 jab today and she is cranky. Think its a side-effect of the jab [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Re enrichment classes: Am keen on kindermusik and baby gym classes. Will prob start baby gym at 9 months or so after baby can crawl.

Activities to do with baby: I have been doing mat play / tummy time, flash cards (not fancy ones, just simple black and white ones I printed off the net), reading nursery rhymes (baby's attention span is short and can't really sit through a full-length story book), singing songs while moving her limbs and playing with rattle (to track her eye movements). Sometimes when I am tired, I just leave her in the cot to be entertained by her mobile. She will try and "talk" to the mobile and move her limbs along with the mobile.

Pre-schools: Wow, St James has filled up already? So what happens to babies born in the 2nd half of this year? They will never be able to get in then since St James only accepts students on their waiting lists from birth onwards. Am thinking of Pat's School House at their Halifax campus. Will prob try out their playgroup first before deciding whether to enrol there for nursery.

online shopping:

i also do a lot of online shopping for my boy and myself now + my girl. i join people's sprees cos i don't know how to do it myself and lazy too.

Oh yah and Vicma, these are what I look out for when shopping for my new "motherly" figure:-

1. Get A-line and empire cuts - more flattering I feel. For empire cut dresses, I usually add a belt to add some "shape" if not I am afraid I will look preggers.

2. Sleeveless tops are fine but I usually throw on a jacket or cardi on top. Dresses up an outfit immediately I think. Halter and tube tops are usually pretty flattering.

3. Try and flaunt your cleavage to draw attention away from other less flattering parts. (V neck tops work pretty well).

4. Maxi dresses work well to hide problem areas like tummy and hips.

Just my 2 cents worth. Ladies, pls feel free to share.

Hi Celia,

I am the very 'tu3' one, I don't have a Facebook account and dont intend to open one also. Hee....

Hi ladies,

Re: St James Kindergarten

Really so popular har? Wah, now our babies are in their 2nd month and we have to plan for their nursery and kindergarten liao har? V sianz leh, think sooner or later I am going to succumb to the kiasu mommy symptom. Will resist for now and focus on tahan-ing the night feeds and pump 1st.

Hi Ming,

My gal was ok on the day of the 6-in-1 jab but became super cranky the next day when she ran a low-grade fever of around 37.5 degree for the whole day. PD gave me panadol (for infant) to standby and said give only when fever is 38 degrees, but I gave lah, but just a lower dosage than stated.

syzygy6,

You must burst it cause if u don't burst, the milk will clog there! I kena blisters all over my 2 nipples when just gave birth. My boy latch and suck v hard and he is impatience so he bites me too thats y blisters all over, I tell you its scary.

I burst them all not painful actually.. You wash your hands first before bursting then just use your finger nails and gently squeeze, it'll burst very easily. After bursting all those blisters, I can pull off the skin.

For your case only 1 blister should be okay lah.

Hi syzygy6, Weekends have to cook for son and hubby. Son did not go school so have to "entertain" him also. Than have even lesser time to pump milk.

My hubby say my face is getting thinner and thinner. What to do wow. Face thin very difficult to get back fats and will look very old. But I;m always tired. During confinement i also didnt put on weight as wake up for night feeding.. So sianz.

Than only face thin, the rest of the body still the same. Why huh??

waiting for my baby to sleep. sigh. I hope it's not a change in his pattern. Still "ehehing" away. Shall wait for a few more minutes before popping into the room.

re st james

the admin staff gave me a funny look when i laughingly made a comment that babies born in second half need not apply. Err... obviously she didn't think it was funny. There were some slots for session 2 Leedon when we registered.

Celia,

If ordering from US sites that don't ship international, you can use third party forwarder like Vpost, Borderlinx to ship back the items. Charges are based on volumetric or actual weight, whichever is higher.

I ordered from gap/on once, but i feel that the quality was not good. Maybe it's only those that I bought. Gap/ON package was a plastic envelope, and I wondered how Borderlinx measured the volumetric weight. They probably included lots of air in it!

Ordered from Ralph Lauren when they are having good sales. Theirs come in a box. Did it twice Will usually order about 10-15 pieces (baby clothes) to fill it up. Shipping through borderlinx is quite reasonable at about S$40+ . At least no "air" charges.

Amazon is another hit and miss. My stuff was packed a big box and filled with "air". But since I got it at a good price, it was still much cheaper than getting in SG after including shipping costs.

Usually i'm quite cautious about ordering from overseas, coz I tend to worry about shipping charges. Which is a good thing, otherwise i'll be clicking like crazy.

Unfortunately the local sprees are so TEMPTING!

Re personal shopper

I think tangs and warehouse/topshop offer such services. I've never tried but i wonder if they can stick to the budget. Haha.

Vic Ma

Really envious of your milk supply. If only I have half of that, I'll be over the moon. Someone made an unkind comment that I should get milk from another mother. I was so upset! Tried telling myself that as long as I have tried my best (pumping as much as I could), I shouldn't care about people's comments.

HJ

We registered on Monday and the only slots available were for Session 2 Leedon Campus (11.30am to 2.30pm). Harding Campus is full for all three sessions.

There is a non-refundable deposit of $50. $300 is payable for a confirmed slot. Refer to the website for more information.

http://sjck.org.sg/info.htm

Managed to pump out 120ml. Very happy, even though it took 40 mins!

chlosper

just do yr best for yr bb. I am v fat and hv v high fat ratio. It could be the light at the end of the tunnel for me?

and not gd to let bb hv other pples milk cos inherent diseases or what never know.

I was not cow previously le. I suffered too for my girl.

celia

i saw got one bp later i post when i use comp. Bodu suit girdle wor and got xxxl. I think i need xl but if i get biggest should be comfy and can wea longer. Seller say take tight better but i know tight it will end up in cupboard.

Cheap le $32 for pair one beige oner black. Got opening at crouch for pee pee.

Haahaa we also wearing'romper' wait.

morning ladies + a gentleman.

this morning wake up a bit engorge then i wonder why. i keep thinking that i did wake up at 3am to pump. after pump then i realise i didn't, i must be pumping in my dream. :p

going back to work tomorrow. thinking if i should change my pump schedule to 5 times a day and keep it this way, 8am, 1pm, 6pm, 11pm, 3am.

hello ladies & a gentleman..

lately my boi been babbling a lot...hehe ...lots of babble which i'm loving :p ...yest dreamt my boi in the midst of all his babble called me mummy!!!! ..mwahahah ..dreaming again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

celyn ...all ready for work 2molo???

xlh,

not really leh. cos my girl is much easier to handle that i don't mind staying at home loh. my boy's time, i can't wait to go back. hahaha...

celyn..hehe no wonder pple always say each kid is different fm each other :p ...

Met up with my koligs these few days ...tink im missing my job with the stuff happening ard in office man ...come to think of it..its like a dilenma ..on one hand wana go back office work ..on the other wana be SAHM to watch my boi grow ..sigh

Celyn,

Me also so tired yest. My 230am pump.. I pump half way walk to sofa zzz then woke up 2 hrs later to pump lol.. My 930am pump.. almost an hr late.. *yawn*

xlh,

yah. every child is different. my boy and girl are like north pole and south pole. almost total opp except that they do look very alike.

orangey,

very tired hoh. i'm thinking of keeping to 5pumps a day but it will definitely affect ss if i do so. so don't know what i want. sigh....

Celyn,

Yah lor but go back work I intend to still go on 3hr pumping interval but I reckon that stupid colleague of me will start with her nasty comments again!!!! Which is why I'm deciding to hunt for a new year this Dec!!!

orangey,

last time, i pump 2 times in office then back home still 3 hourly. i don't know if i got the energy to keep up to this or not. i do wish to bf as long as #1 for my girl.

Orangey, my blister really burst in my girl's mouth last night! Pain pain. Unlatched her and applied lanisoh and air dry. Funny the right side also pain think have 2 very small blisters I put cream and that side is off limits to her... Pumping from there. Today cannot go out... Must stay home to air dry both nips so that can heal faster.

Lucida,

how about asking hubby to ta pao food during weekends for now so that you only need to cook for your son? And ask hubby to bring your son out for male bonding [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Celyn,

I think l can only pump before work starts and during lunch. To set up, pump and wash parts will take me at least 1/2 hour. Afraid end up asked to leave. I would love to be SAHM but need my job.

Right now I plan to reach office at 8.30 to pump.

Work starts at 9am

lunch time 1-2pm - have lunch (bring from home and microwave) then pump

work from 2-5.45pm

5.45pm knock off - reach my mom's place by 6.30 to pick up my girl - pump there before going home or latch her if it is feeding time.

Then squeeze in pump session at night before sleep and morning before leaving the house.

Headache part is how to pump at my open cubicle. No room available for pumping and meeting room always in use. No one else in my office has pumped at work when they came back after maternity leave (one did but didn't last long cos she pumped in the toilet).

Hi syzygy6, Actually i just cook dinner. Afternoon either me or hubby will bring him out. Wanted to cook some proper meals as I really hate to eat outside and my son coughing... Home cook at least got soup. If eat outside going to be very expensive and troublesome to bring baby along too. Yesterday noon i bring my son to Prego to me - just me and my son as one of us have to stay back to look after baby... Actually wanted to bring him to Arts museum but after doing all the baby stuff in the morning, ended up leaving the house at 11:30.. Reach there around 12:30 and no place to park. So in the end go straight to Raffles City for lunch. Everywhere is crowded only Prego quite empty.. I must say i;m quite disappointed with their pasta... the spagetti very gelat.. not nice. I think the spaggetti at Han's at Thomson plaza and the one at Takashimaya food court is so much better!

Syzygy6,

Even with a nursing bib, the pump will still make some sound leh. Ur colleague (especially male) will paiseh anot? Pump in toilet is best option, bring in the pump bag and then wash hands then go cubicle to pump. I use toilet paper to close the toilet lid then sit on it. If u worried abt hygiene, prepare dettol handwipes and use b4 pumping. Once I pump finished, I pour the EBM into 1 bottle and cap it.

To deduce stress on pumping while people wait outside, I will go to a toilet w many cubicles and choose the one furthest from the main entrance.

wah syz like that got to buy alot of batteries man!

i must remmeber to bring my curtain to work.

i made my nursing room myself stick paper la & hand a curtain at the glass door thankfully can lock.

thankfully no one take out the white pper all these mths/yrs i dont have to restick it back. maybe tomorrow have to say half day while i clean my table pack abit & also work.

ruru cat,

get yourself a facebook acct.. its easy.

so that all of us can connect together even if this chat thread gone somehow ( duno when huh, it has been archive so much n duno when SMH maintainence team going to stop maintaining ) then all of us gone ..... POssible bor ?

its to increase milk flow but milder than sacred tea and feenugreek. I liked this from my 1st child days as the milk increase is gentle wo risks of engorgement.

local stores sell for 9.90 i order from overseas around $7.20/box includes local postage and re packaging flat packed to u.

Ladies & our 1 n onli gentleman

Is there something I can make FM n spoon feed?

when bb grow teeth, he wont wan to suck anymore.

I wil like to have something wif a cover n spoon in the cup.

My bb dosent like to drink water today while bottles in steriliser, he hiccups I use teaspoon to feed him and it works. Ai yo, I should have explore this so that he can regularly drink water n no need to 'gek' sai until face red.

By the way if bb skin tone dark, any possibility it wil turn fairer. My boy now coming 11 wks.

Back