(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

Rebecca, yes. still taking. it shldn't cause MS though.

55, it's about 1.9k. but if near CNY, more. Mine shld be after CNY.. cos EDD is mid March. The earliest I will prob deliver is week 38 (4 March).

cactus, one man's meat is the other man's poison. It all boils down to how you can co-exist with the CL. I recall visiting a friend during her confinement. She was fine with the CL, it was her HB. He just sat there and eyes just followed the CL to make sure she did the right thing!! Obviously he was quite upset when he caught her not washing her hands before touching baby's clothes after handling some raw stuffs at the sink.

Rebecca,

I'm still takin too. How did it cause u ms?

cactus,

wah didn't tink abt cny. agency like maid agency oso hav rite?

So scary, lidat muz give gd ang pao and so they will do everything properly.

Anyone interested in getting tingkat confinement food. I recall some yrs back b4 my 2nd one, I enquired abt it. Not cheap though. My Sil did that as she is someone who can't stand stranger in the house so she just wanted the food part to be settled.

55, I don't think all maid agencies will have confinement services though... i'm just not keen to go to maid agencies, cos no recommendation mah. same same. Yah.. unless my bb arrives before week 37, it will fall into CNY period. cos CNY is 14 Feb. for 14 days. so 1 March onwards shld be okay. Then we will be in hospital for at least 3 days.

but what is the standard ang bao to give them before starting work?

88?

cos if I have planned c-section, it will take place in week 38... so confinement lady shld come over maybe week 38 day 5 or something.

I'm getting confinement food only for my 2nd and 3rd month. my mom insisted... anyway, my parents siad they will pay for it .. so anything lah. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I'm contemplating tingkat also.. save the trouble of cleaning an oily kitchen. But hearsay, u eat one week ok. But after that, even the menu looks different, but the taste is the same. And its really trial & error, what if you kena one that is not nice??

Cactus, thanks for bringing out our EDD is near CNY. If hire m'sian CL, if they go back to their hometown which is very far away, they might want more $$ to come to SIN. *sigh*

Thanks for sharing the link, 1727!

Yah, the CNY issue will probably affect mummies who are going to try natural (planned c-section not an issue) and whose EDD is first week of March. Just in case bb arrives week 38+. Stay hospital 3 days. Still within CNY.

Dear ladies,

I'm selling my seldom-used AVENT manual pump. I bought it less than 2 yrs ago so still quite new. It comes with two 120ml , two 240ml and two 360ml bottles. (teats not included due to hygiene concerns) I'm letting them go at $50 (price negotiable) Pls PM me if you're interested as I would not check this forum. Thank you and sorry for barging in.

the first ang pow, i din give much. think i only gave $28 but i gave $100+ on the last day due to her gd work. i even ordered a full-mth cake for her to bring home. must say i was very pleased with her service. she'll talk when u want to and keeps quiet when she knows you wanna rest.

i paid $1.8k last yr. now w CNY, heard tt some even raised $1k more. my CL arrived the day i returned home from hospital. She smart. she tell immigration she's here to visit her son so no prob w her stay of 28 days.

I did contemplate using tingkat but the amt i spend i might as well have a confinement nanny.

now thinking whether bookshops sell confinement cook book for my maid to learn.

cactus and iluvbli,

yes that's why i actually googled it and really found out that it may cause nausea if the dose is high, mine is 5mg per day. if i forget to take for 1 day, normally i will feel very fine. this is just how i feel.

checked w gynae, he said must take it with big meal to avoid nausea.

Wow! I didn't know that. I was told to take my folic acid in the morning. I don't take a heavy breakfast though.. but it doesn't cause me nausea. Mine is the same dose as yours. Maybe different bodies. I still get MS though..

folic acid has no impact on my MS though..

so sleepy now! dozing off at my desk..

Booked a massage with my usual masseur.. she say can do light massage and avoid all sensitive areas.. My neck is breaking up soon.

like cactus, i was told to take my folic in the morning. it din cause me ms as i've stopped taking them yet still have ms.

once i saw gynae in wk 12, i just had to finish off the remaining folic plus my calcium, iron and fish oil pills. i tend not to take iron cos it causes constipation for me. when i burp, i smell fishy...

jules, the last time i bought was ard $60 at dfs 2 yrs ago.. retail price is close to $80.

folic n MS

no impact on me too. i did not take today but still ms..

elise, you are so right. i shouldn't be starting my massage in dec. shld be nov. will text her to change date. what a blur queen i've become!

Jules, its $80. i bot it during metro sales 20% discount. thinking of getting Elancyl strechmark cream. clarins to use in the morning and Elancyl to use at night.

hi jules... i think it sells $67.5 at dfs now. if you have frens working in dfs still have discount.

i asked my fren to help me buy both stretch mark cream & tonic oil n after discount cost $103 only.

retail price is still $80 thats what i recently check at sephora.

i take my folic acid (obimin) and fish oil b4 i sleep cause i dunno if it cause nausea and i dun wan to puke out the supplement for bb.

1727, have to be by trained masseur lo..

mine is previously from rustic..

i have been with her for 3 years..

she say she will be very gentle and avoid all sensitive areas.. main thing for me is my neck.. it is soo painful..

i read in websites, massage is recommended only after 14 weeks.

jules - yes for me. im more forgetful den b4.

Wow... start looking for CL already. okok.. i think i have to look for mine too.

nylek, ME! but hoping only lah. it will be VBAC this time. So has to be without epi anyway.. that's assuming I even get down to trying for VBAC. My #1 was natural without epi, with laughing gas only. but gave up after pushing for 4 hours. doctor said bb was in deep transverse arrest. so c-section under GA cos too late to put in epidural.

elise, how much is the charges? can intro your masseur??

My hb says i'm using pregnancy as an excuse for forgetting what he asked me to do.. =)

hi cactus, wat is GA? How come VBAC cannot go for epi?

i'm thinking to go for full natural w/o epi too... my sis did her #1 with laughing gas (she mentioned its nearly useless) and #2 w/o epi w/o laughing gas...

but i dunno my tolerance level and her tolerance level same anot... can i tell gynae that I want to try w/o epi first, if cannot tahan then go for epi?

nylek, yes u can first decide not to take but if at the labour ward u can't tahan, can ask for it. however better check w midwife how fast can the anesthetist arrive. in tmc, abt half an hr. tt's when i'll time myself.

ya ladies, i am super forgetful too. 55, u only forget a few days ago. i forgot ever since i reached 30! sob sob.

1727, last time my hubby bought all the herbs himself from eu yan sang so confinement lady just cooks with the herbs he bought.

I find it hard to stomach all the supplements so I only take folic acid. Figured baby will grow well from the food I take.

nylek, I think I'll try to see how far I can tolerate the pain for...

hi jules, thanks for the info... i hope i can wait 30 mins for the anesthetist... i'm delivering in tmc. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

snowy... yupz... i also see how far i can tolerate... first bb... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

1727, mine was a package, so works out to be abt 60 a hr..

Think now they increase their prices.

The location is at Tan Giew Lan Street, opp bugis junction.

Shop name called Beaufond.

Contact 63377184

Jules, was at big bookshop(at anchor point, opposite ikea, B1)- they sell confinement day - day food preps but it's in chinese. It's fairly reasonably priced too.

Hi all mummy,

Glad that everyone was fine =) I realised that this forum is going very fast=) that good. I am a bit slow so Hope u all dun mind me cause sitting infront of computer can cause me to have my MS.

Hi Catus_79,

Happy for u that everything is fine for you =) Must take care!

Like to update my status =)

Age = 28 (now)

EDD = 17-mar-2010

Hospital =TMC

Hi Elise,

Do add me at FB at [email protected]. =)

I have decide to choose TMC but I am still thinking which bed should I go? I also have sign up the FBI and wondering is it worth cause my gyn say that was not really worth.

Happy for you that your MS is going off and things are fine for u.

Like to ask you did you request to do a 3-D scan? Do u have to pay extra for that?

Like to ask you, which type of classical music you are listerning too? as I intend to buy one for my bb=)

Hi Jules,

Thanks, I am wondering should I go for OCASR as my gyn only opt me for the detailed scan But was wondering should I go for OSCAR and 3-D scan? Thanks for your explanation =)

Hi snowy,

I am in the same case as you. Have several bad MS itll I have to go hospital for drip too =) so dun worry! I guess a small group of us will be like that. Thinking in another way, MS was good for the bb=)

Hi 1727,

I still have MS bugging me and I am in my 13week going to my week 14 soon. I guess will go off soon.

Information to share,

I Have read up a mag from UK, that say that having MS in 2nd and 3rd term will reduce the risk of having breast cancer but it did not mean that you are fee from it.

Hi lornky,

Congrate! to you for having a twin =)

Update my stat :

During my detailed scan at week 11 day 1, bb was not co-operative plus the bb was too small and was ask to go back on sat which was week 11 day 4 then on that day (sat), I went back to scan again, my bb was very in-operative as the bb was dancing, flipping, turn behind me and was upside down that cause me to be so "ma loo" cause I am in and out of the room for 5 times and the 6th time then manage to get the scan done. I was told was normal but I am not sure as no news was call by the clinic.

Btw, I also can feel the bb movement on and off =) My hubby and I think that My bb would be a high chance of a girl as in the detailed scan we cant really see much=) I guess girl was shy ba =)

Hi Carol,

Thats a very useful and easy-to-follow confinement menu. Guess i can ask my mum to follow the instructions & cook the meals for mi everyday. But seems like the menu uses alot of lean meat & pig stomach, tink can try to subsitute with some other ingredient.

hi just wanna check, able to check BB movement so fast? i do feel funny wth my tummy but not sure if it is baby movement. when will we be able to see the gender?

Hi skysilver.. i did sign up for the FBI. It's 10% for oscars, also $80 off for 1 bedded.. So shld be quite worth it. And 5% of delivery fee for my gynae.

I did not request for 3D scan, my gynae just did it and printed a photo for me. He did not charge me extra for this.

It's a Mozzart Cd for mothers to be. I got it from my gf. You can also listen to 92.4fm.

If u gals need to buy anything from spring maternity, i have the discount card, can PM me for the no and enjoy 15% off.

Back