(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

timy and babeE, Heidi's rashes finally more or less under control after aloe vera gel, calendular cream and starch powder. I bath her in jinyinhua yesterday evening too.

BabyL, don't worry just go with the flow~ No pressure. You've got Lac already. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cc can u explain the live virus? U mean ttc or Preg mum cannot let our baby take e jab

Tks

Rash on butt? Does the rash resembles nappy rash kind? She had mmr early morning,then afternoon she has machiam like pimples,about 2 near butt and pte area.... same daiper changing routine leh,and in the morning i didnt see them when i bathed her....

I ended up giving her mmr,becos mom nag say why mas prevent chicken pox.... anyway,doc say chic pox vacinne can be taken anytime...

serendipity, I am keen! I saw a lot of good reviews about trebellina, can you order the DVD for me as well as the flash cards?

Notes from Trebellina (Treble clef flashcards)

$3.95

Notes from Rock Bassey (Bass clef flashcards)

$3.95

Xihui, same...i also thinking to give MMR coz we have the thinking that chicken pox shouldnt be suppress and should just let out. But doc said its an infection so take its better. I am still contemplating MMR or MMRV. So when you taking V?

Mummies, need advice....is it necessary to send LO to CC or preschool now? I initially planned to send Lac to CC so she can learn some stuffs and to make friends. But then we already have PILs as caregivers so is it necessary? I intend to put her in full day CC and then wkend go for enrichment class like GUG. Or just attend enrichment classes now and CC later? Any opinions?

Torayme,

ok! i'll set up a thread in FB once mums give a show of hands.

babyl,

if i cannot find a suitable playgroup for dyl before N1,then i'll stick to enrichment classes during weekends to get him used to having structured lessons in classroom environment. u sure u want cc and enrichment? very xiong leh. my mum says a child encouraged to explore on their own can learn as much as one sitting in a classroom. when dyl turns the wheel, she says he is learning round things can revolve through touch and sight. when my mum brings something near his nose, he explores through smell. when he take a laundry peg and opens close it, he learns cause and effect etc.

and she added even if he is watching you tube, he is learning music appreciation. she says so long we play nursery rhymes, it will encourage them to talk. dylan is not very vocal but for songs like twinkle, wheels on the bus, row the bow, incy wincy, etc he can do all the hand actions. all by following the person on youtube. in fact in his gug class, he is the only one who can consistancy do the hand actions. all thanks to technology!

Seren, thanks for sharing! Thats what my MIL told me yesterday when i brought up this enrichment and presch topics to them. She said she tries to bring Lac to playground or strolling so she can let her explore the surroundings and educate her on the nature. She read online about child psychology and said that by putting a child on swing, the child will be having alot of things on his/her mind on why the swing swings, cause and effect.

So far Lac watch High 5 and she can dance to their songs, clapping her hands and enjoying herself. She can also do the twinkle hand actions...so you think that is OK? I also find it siong if I am going to send her to CC/presch and then enrichment classes. Perhaps I will just sign up GUG if its good after the trial.

serendipity,

i m keen to get the dvd and flash cards too. thanks in advance [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

babyl,

i think if ur PIL is ok to take care of Lac then maybe u just let her attend enrichment classes will do.

Serendipity, thank you - I'm in ;)!

Trebellina DVD: US$19.95 before shipping.

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

3. CC

(thanks toray ;)!)

Notes from Trebellina (Treble clef flashcards) $3.95

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

3. CC

Notes from Rock Bassey (Bass clef flashcards) $3.95

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

3. CC

Seren,

Dvd for baby c too,pls. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Babyl,

Actually i share the same concern as my mom in a way too...thats why i was kinda indecisive... we grow up with these "infections",so for our kids if we immunise them for so many virus... what will happen if the immun fades off after years?? Will they be vunerable? Some docs are anti-jabs,some are "every optional jabs also must take"..My hub is for the jabs... if take v,most probably do it next month... dont wanna scare her to go clinic and get poke everytime...lol...

babyl,

wah your MIL very hip. what i think is this lah. if lach goes CC, then weekends bring her to nature areas like beach, park, or museums etc. if she continues to be under MIL's care, then weekend bring her for enrichment classes. i was contemplating both for Dyl too but find it too xiong. I want him to enjoy his childhood too cos after they enter P1, it can get very intensive.

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

3. CC

4. babybear

5. serendipity

(thanks toray ;)!)

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

3. CC

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

3. CC

Skipping the flashcards.

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

3. CC

4. babybear

5. serendipity

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

Hi mummies

Personally I enjoyed attending enrichment class with my elder one...n I feel he learn more within a short 1 hr session. The disadvantage are It can be quite tiring for me or the parent cos got to make preparation, traveling time... n usually these classes are on weekends so usually after lesson quite difficult to plan other activities cos got to go for lunch already n very soon will be their nap time.

As for CC and those 2-3hrs playgroup, it's another type of skills learned...associating with others, sharing of things, more structured kind of activities. my no 1 now 3 yrs old learn lots of singing over there n learn some basics like numbers, colours, shapes, alphabets etc...which I taught at home but it becomes a recap or re emphasize.

latest songs that dylan jams to these days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e54m6XOpRgU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRYSYAnQTuA&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4coi65CT1G4&feature=related

At the end of the day it depends on what the parents want. If you want your kid to be expressive and confident, go for JG which focus on music and drama. If you want your kid to learn read/write skills, go for GUG which focus on zoophonics. If you want a strong curriculum which motivates the kid and prepare for P1, Mindchamps focuses on that. If you want kid to self explore, consider PCF. It really depends on what's most suitable for the kid and what you want.

Thanks Jenny and Seren for your inputs. Now as I am discussing with hub, he seems to want to go for both CC and GUG for 2 terms. I will see how it goes then. Will talk to him later tonight on the pros and cons.... headache...

babyl,

half day cc and weekend gug sounds good too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] at the end of the day, it is what you as parents can commit.

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

3. CC

4. babybear

5. serendipity

6. BabeE

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

Seren, half day and full day about same price. We may apply full day n my PILs can pick her up any time if they wish to. But more or less I guess CC and wkend GUG and see how it goes. If GUG is just so so then we will just drop out. Until now, no news from GUG for my trial class this Sunday! Argh!

Hi mummies,

Juz to share...kids learn best through play, hands-on activity. As they r still young, they wont be able to sit still for classes or even if they would to, the attention span is really short. Kids enjoy music and movement and try to do more art work and music with them will help them in a lot of areas of development. Such as both fine and gross motor skills, critical thinking, logical thinking etc. As for speech, they will pick up sooner or later. Kids learn throught incidental learning. So long everyday we talk, play with them, they are learning each day. Dont stress yourself nor the kids. Learning should be an enjoyable process by both. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Good one joelle! Spot on, Enzo cant sit still at all during classes.. Disturbing the class only..

Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 4:06 pm:       

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

3. CC

4. babybear

5. serendipity

6. BabeE

7. QQ

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

serendity, i love the 2nd clip! Gonna show Heidi this weekend. She's very good at making up her songs lately...first was the duck duck song then she has the papa song. Ask her got action bo, she still can show us. lol.

torayme,

show me too! i miss the sweetie! *melts* let's head to fidgets once i complete shifting!

elise,

means enzo learns best through self exploration. when i sit in class with dyl he can sit down still because i tell him either u sit on my lap or u sit on the floor and he chooses floor. but if my hubby sit in with him, he'll run here run there.

Ok Mums. I'll wait till 12pm tomorrow before setting up FB thread. Shipping will be divided amongst number of items to make calculations easier. Spread the word. March mums only.

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

3. CC

4. babybear

5. serendipity

6. BabeE

7. QQ

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

serendipity, haha i try to take video. When I first got my iPhone, she didn't know what I was up to so I managed to get some really nice videos. She's at this irritating stage of doing just the opposite. Fidgets fidgets! Let's goooo~

Serendipity I got this feeling Enzo won't like to study. He is like his dad very hands on. Take screws driver, explore his toys by flipping them over to try to unscrew them. N not play w the music.

Torayme, yes! Show video! So cute!

Elise, good! At least u know what Enzo likes! I know Lac cant sit still too. U ask her do this, she purposely do opposite. So dunno what she wants also! Oooops!

Fidgets??? Shall we organise a gathering there? Hahahaha! Will be soooo crowded!

Hi seren,

pls count me in for the trebellina! taking flash cards too. Can someone help me add in? Can't copy &paste using hp.. Thanks!!mind

Hi Seren, pls count me in for the trebellina DVD too! Still considering for the flashcards. Can someone help to update for me too? Tried pasting but couldnt scroll up n down using hp. Thanks much!

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

3. CC

4. babybear

5. serendipity

6. BabeE

7. QQ

8. MT

9. Reenren

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

3. MT

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

3. MT

Morning mummies!

Xihui, paisay i missed ur post yesterday. Think i will check with Healthway what is better to take n let my hubby decide. Plus if i ttc, not good to takr MMRV also? But i hate to jab so many times also. Jab everything at one go also scared fever. Will go this week and see how..

Babyl,

Yes yes,ask doc! Bt whether mmrv or mmr, my lil princess became a monster after her jab!supper cranky!sigh.

Toray, if venue and time meets, i am on!

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

3. CC

4. babybear

5. serendipity

6. BabeE

7. QQ

8. MT

9. Reenren

10. Jenny

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

3. MT

1. Toray

2. Jmmabb

3. MT

jenny,

my girl going for mmr on sat. i nv gave her anything before all her jabs so far. advisable to give pao sheng or barley ??

At this toddler stage I think close ended questions really help. Sometimes it's not they want to do the opposite but they want to test waters and see what will happen if they do the opposite. So rather than clouding their brain with "what if", ask close ended question and let their brain process what to choose instead. you'll be very pleased with the results.

Ok I'll going to create the FB thread in the afternoon. Jmmabb, do you think you can PM me your FB account details? I don't think I've added you.

At this toddler stage I think close ended questions really help. Sometimes it's not they want to do the opposite but they want to test waters and see what will happen if they do the opposite. So rather than clouding their brain with "what if", ask close ended question and let their brain process what to choose instead. you'll be very pleased with the results.

Ok I'll going to create the FB thread in the afternoon. Jmmabb, do you think you can PM me your FB account details? I don't think I've added you.

Back