(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

seren

am thinking of it when he turns 3 actually. =) how about u? am not too sure which preschool to send him too also. seems like everyone is rushing into enrollment... =)

St Anne Church replied me that Dylan will go to N1 in 2014. Mmmmm...I thought our kids are going N1 in 2013?

WF,

Playgroup at 18 months enable the child for piority progression to nursery and kindergarden. I'll be happy if I can find him a playgroup between 2 to 2.5 years old to get him accustomed to having a structured class. Ok, let's see if Elliot and Dylan are going to be classmates. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

serendipity

Perhaps u want to check their naming convention.

Like Xavier, his Kindergarten called it Pre-Nursary, Nursary, K1 and K2. I will be registrating Crystal next year for Pre-N to enroll in 2013.

I know PFC naming convention is N1, N2, K1 and K2.

morning mummies !

happy start to the week because bb has significantly improved separation anxiety [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

question : when to transit bb from cot/playpen to toddler bed/single or super single size mattress ? which will u choose ?

appreciate all inputs, thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Toray,

All the different kind of naming, very confusing. Xavier is in Bethesda kindergarten.

Jmmabb,

Xavier is 3 yrs old, still in his toddler-bed (convert from cot). He is growing out of it cos he is almost like 95-97cm now. Actually quite cramp already. I will move him to a kid single bed next yr or so cos I am waiting for my new house, hunting for a nice kids bed with barrier. Flexa ones are very nice but also quite expensive. Crystal will take over his toddler bed then will switch her again when she is 3 yrs old.

icy, good to hear that the cot-bed can be used till 3 yrs old. We got a cot-bed for Heidi specially and I kept hearing comments that maybe we should let her sleep on mattress...safer...etc etc...but I really don't want the cot to go to storage so soon.

Hi mommies,

Hope all is well for everyone.

I'm looking for a preloved LG playmat.

Anyone wants to sell, PM me ok? Thanks in advance.

icy,

thanks!! seems like more practical to get single/super single mattress instead..

btw, i saw last wkend at raffles city robinson, little tikes blue racing bed

happy shopping...hope u find a nice bed for Xavier [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

serendipity, wow GUG! I'm curious, Dyl can sit through the class? My boy's PD is at Bukit Timah Plaza and you won't believe the variety of classes they have there! Even fencing! Was impressed but doubt i'll be able to afford my boy fencing classes even if he's interested, haha! Alot of little girls going for ballet, really cute. I'm quite worried about my boy, looking at his pattern, i worry he will have problems learning in a conventional classroom, even thou he's in ifc now...So lucky of you to have a motivated and disciplined caregiver ie. your mum! Haha.

jmmabb, all along my boy sleeps on a queen size mattress with me. He was in the playpen for a few days when he was a newborn but he was waking up so often for feeds, i was so tired of getting up & down, i plonk him down on the mattress to sleep with me. I sleep on the floor too. I wanted to buy a super single mattress for him at first but my mum advised me against it, saying no point. And she was right, because my boy is such a weird sleeper, he rolls and flips around alot when he sleeps. Most of the nights, i end up falling asleep on the edge of the mattress because he rolls and slaps his arms & legs around too much. Now i want to buy something bigger than KING size lor! What do they call it? European sizes? Duhz!

toray, if you sleep in the same room as her, and she still can fit a cot bed, then still can use right?

ya, all the namings are very confusing...we can start sending our child to playgroup next year 2012, followed by pre nursery or N1 in 2013, N2 in 2014, K1 in 2015 and K2 in 2016.

times flies so fast....and i still feel my boy is a baby...

BW, just some sharing I am putting my gal at LV located at grassroots club which is beside yio chu kang mrt the fee is at $1000 bf subsidy. We like the place cos their program incoporated many classes which I am sending my gal so after calculating total fee think lv still the best.

hi serendipity

do u know the difference betweem GUG and zoophonics? cos i only know GUG also teach phonics using zoophonics.

my elder one attended zoophonics enrichment when he was 2 yr old. We enjoyed ourselves. within such an hr, so many activities accomplish and most importantly my boy loved the dancing and playing of musical instruments...n interestingly he pick up new words from the class then.

i m planning to send my younger one next yr too.

Toray,

Their sleeping pattern is quite bad, I think he will roll out of the mattress if I let him sleep on one. Must still need barrier for them. haha.

jmmabb,

Yes I saw it, the little tikes bed is really nice! But the bedrooms these days are so small, so that bed seemed like a bit too bulky.

Jenny,

I send my elder one to zoophonic playgroup before. 1.5 hrs, 2x a week. But that time he was 18mths a bit too young for their craft work. It become mummy/maid work time while the little kids wondering off on their own. I agree the music and zoophonics songs is very good but the craft are a bit too soon.

hi icy,

i agree leh...for those younger one, i also find it too young for craft but other than that, i find it quite good. just wonder if GUG is better for younger ones if i plan to start at 18mths?

Here's a nice place for a weekend gathering, but I reckon advance bookings would be essential...

Carlton Hotel Cafe Mosaic

Kids Dine For Free Every Weekend!

It's the weekend and your kids get to dine for free! Dedicate your family time at Café Mosaic, where everyone can enjoy a gastronomic spread of International cuisine including fresh Sashimi and Oysters, Sushi, juicy Roasted O.P. Ribs and mouth-watering Desserts.

Indulge in a leisurely afternoon tea while your children busy themselves with the shaping of cookies and muffins at our cookie and muffin-making demonstration conducted by our chef as well as other fun activities such as storytelling, interactive magic show and face painting. There's no better way to spend quality family time!

$42 per adult FREE for children 5 to 10 years

$21 per child 11 to 12 years

For High Tea only:

Saturdays & Sundays

Kids Activities

12 noon to 5pm

12.30pm to 2.30pm

Café Mosaic | T 6311 8195 | [email protected]

Other terms and conditions apply. Prices may vary during promotional period. All prices are subject to service charge and prevailing government taxes, unless otherwise stated.

http://www.carlton.com.sg/specials.html#promotion2-tab

priscillia, thanks! I know which LV you are referring to, i think that centre is great! I take public transport, from sengkang to yck quite far unless i drive. I never send my boy to any weekend classes, he just cannot sit through or participate in a group. He can understand instructions but he doesnt obey half the time, doesnt take instructions well. The JWT trial proved me right! Im still trying to see if the soon to be opened PCF centres can accept my boy. For now, he will go Cambridge CDC. Quite headache....

Ooooh...Carlton's buffet...really have to go for the oysters...damn nice!

bw, yah now is status quo cos she's not attempting to climb out of her got yet.

Hi mummies,

Visit http://www.littlekidzcouture.com for babies/toddlers/kids apparels and accessories from US and Australia.

New arrivals from Bluebelle (Age 2-7) and Ruffle Butts. Cool clothes ranging from leg warmers, tops, bottoms, hats, beautiful wall stickers, height charts, organic clothes and socks etc..

Visit and LIKE US on the top right corner of the website (you need to login to your facebook first) please. PM me if you would like to view the collection and order. PM me your email address, first and last name and you will be on our mailing list with new arrivals and upcoming events.

Boys and girls bloomers set at only $39.90 (UP: $50). Good quality. http://www.littlekidzcouture.com/oli-b-design-au-m-34.html. Sizes from 0 -18 months. (Limited sets. While stocks last.) PM me your orders..

CC, the strokke high chair looks very interesting...seen it somewhere, cant remember. but should be quite costly rite?

Hiya mummies, longtime no chat!

Re: preschool

Emma goes to Myfirstskool in sk n I plan for her to continue on with playgroup, but at 3plus pull out to dayspring kindy. Hope to see Elliot there debbs!!! Currently also attending gig on sats, it's great!

Re: cot to bed

I read somewhere that it may b work negatively in terms of slp training to graduate them too early from cot if they r not really ready yet coz they may wander around during bedtime or if they waken at night. Emma does her naps on the floor mattress n nights in the cot DIY. I only plan to move her to floor mattress for nights when she turns 2 n onto a toddler bed when she is 3.

Re: toilet training

Now I m attempting to start training but she poops so fast before I can catch her!!! How do u all train? Can fix a time in the morn n make her poop on the toilet seat?

Cef,

Intially we make him sit there and try. No output nevermind, but try. So after he got the association that potty is for pee/poo, he will either show me with facial expression that he wants to poop or bring the potty to me. At this age they can hold it there. Got to see what trigger the poop, for Dyl is cool water.

hi mummies, nd your advice. any good & affordable pre-sch in telok blangah area?

2nd qn: what are some of the soap have u tried using for your kiddos?

Hello mummies,

I am from the April 2011 thread. I am an authorised retailer of organic babies, toddlers, kids products, supplements and organic skin care.

I have a full range for the following brands such as Organix, Annie's Homegrown, BabyNat, Kiju juices, HappyBaby puffs and melts, Funky Monkey, Surf Sweets, Horizon organic, Peter rabbit. Supplements like Sambucol, Animal Parade, Nordic Natural. Organic skin care includes Green People and Little Innoscents.

I have full range of the Traditional Medicinal (including organic milk tea and pregnancy tea)

Free delivery with min purchase.

If you need to increase flow and supply of BM, I have

Gaia Herbs Lactate Support Liquid Phyto-Caps, 60 caps.

Gaia Herbs Fenugreek Seed Liquid Phyto-Caps, 60 caps.

Traditional Medicinals Organic Mother's Milk Tea, 16 bags

Nature's Plus HerbalActives Fenugreek 350 mg (Vcaps), 60 caps.

Interested. PM me or email me at [email protected]

Carol, Ayden can still sit in highchair is it?

shopaholic, why soaps?? Thought soaps very drying? Now i trying out this black soap with shea butter, in liquid form. But realised the ingredients includes parfum. I now use Avalon for my boy, find it really good! But soaps i haven't tried....

BW,

Errr.. Of coz, table manners for all housewhole members :p!

I'm just getting tired of carrying him in and out of the ikea highchair. Looking at a junior chair instead, I'm better with meating out instruction - "get on your chair" + "ok, you can be excused from the table now" of coz it's with please and thank you's ;)!

A only baths and washes up with johnson baby soap - he's slightly allergic to most liquid wash.

bw, Chloe and all concerned moms, in the end we opted for MMRV after checking with our PD.

The pros are:

1) 2 jabs in total instead of 4.

2) Can complete 2nd dose when Heidi's 18th month old. Before she start childcare. Chickenpox standalone dose 2 can only take much later and 1st dose protection only 75% whereas MMRV 1st dose de chicken pox protection is already 95%.

3) Heidi's very fair and if kanna chicken pox will be very obvious (PD pointed it out...she knows the weakness of a mother...hehehe)

So that's about it. And fever or not...have to wait till next week to see got or not. As for now, same routine in trying to keep her healthy and happy - diluting her milk a little, make her drink water frequently, baby vicks on chest and back after bath and before sleep. Ruyi oil after bath and before sleep. Pearl powder on gum before sleep. (I am getting blisters from her bites)

It's E's turn next week to take MMR jab! *fingers crossed*

And then thereafter to the Carlton Hotel for durian buffet! Bwahahahaha!!!!

BabeE, according to my pd, MMRV still not so bad. it's the one after called dunno what that we have to watch out for.

Really busy holiday...been out almost every other day... but fulfiling ...

CC, i will give it a miss...i am trying to clear stuff in my place...

lots of good stuff i bought, my no 2 dont know how to appreciate...but not daring enough to go for no 3 liao...time is really not enough

end of mth, my boy going for MMRV too...i wonder if i can still postpone....for my elder one i postpone till age 2...cos hear too much on the connection to autism for boys...still dont know how true is it...

Jenny,

No worries ;)

MMR controversy - article from wiki:

Claims of a connection between the vaccine and autism were raised in a 1998 paper in The Lancet, a respected British medical journal.[1] Investigation by Sunday Times journalist Brian Deer discovered that the lead author of the article, Andrew Wakefield, had multiple undeclared conflicts of interest,[2][3] had manipulated evidence,[4] and had broken other ethical codes. The Lancet paper was retracted, and Wakefield was found guilty by the General Medical Council of serious professional misconduct in May 2010 and was struck off the Medical Register, meaning he could no longer practice as a doctor in the UK.[5] The research was declared fraudulent in 2011 by the BMJ.[6]

There are separate vaccines available for MMRV instead of combine if it's really against and impossible to think giving your kid the combine vaccine. Hope the topic gets a rest.

Hi mummies, I am from the April 2011 thread.

I am having a babies/toddlers and kids supplements, skincare and organic food range BP. visit http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5612594.html?1308388742.

There is a wide range of brands. BabyNat, HappyBaby, Sambucol, Peter Rabbit, Organix, Annie's homegrown, Traditional Medicinal, Funky Monkey, Surf Sweets etc etc..

Buy any 8 combinations of HappyBaby Organic Puffs & HappyBaby Organic Melts at only $48 - Expiry 2013

Buy any 2 combination of Gaia Herbs Lactate Support Liquid and Gaia Herbs Fenugreek Seed Liquid for only $90

Buy any 2 combination of Sambucol Regular/Original (UK Version) or Sambucol Kids Formula (UK Version) or Sambucol Immuno Forte (UK Version), 120 ml for $43

Spend $80 and above on Nature's Plus and Nordic Natural supplement range to receive a mystery gift.

Help, Isaac juz fell off his cot, did a head plunge to floor. Think he did a mini pullup n went over the railing. Ladies, what signs shd I be looking out for before rushing to a doc? He was crying, but stopped after 5 min n seems fine n calm now. Fell asleep on our bed. Hb n I were shocked. First time he fell fr a height like that. Hv to Lower cot further n convert the cot to toddler bed oredi, or get a mattress.

Mirthy,

Watch for signs of unresponsiveness, very sleepy or severe vommitng. Hope everything is okay Isaac. Hugz

Thx poohgirl... Will wait for him to wake to monitor further.

wow, hw come u're awake at 4am?

Gosh, there's a wedding gatecrash at 5am... Super noisy

Mirthy,

I was catching up on work on Sunday morning 4am... *sob sob*

But a happy note, great to know Isaac's fine [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

poohgirl, same thought. i gave him MMR too. will give chicken pox 1mth after this. the 2nd time will i might opt for MMRV also.

does teething cause diarrhoe?

Back