(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

Hello mommies.

How's everyone?? Good to read that all babies are growing up fast.

Mine still in cot & playpen. He flips all over when we put him on our bed. Guess he need to be "train" to sleep properly before we transit to tod bed.

Serendipity,

;).. I don't have no tips for transitioning, once A starts climbing out of his playpen - he is off to his Elmo hand-me-down inflatable bed. No Climbing required for that bed :p!

Maybe you could ask your mom to sleep him in an adult bed during the day to monitor - helps D to accustom to having more sleeping space and not fall off the edge.

serendipity, LOL...funny dyl. I think probably u stuff his sides with a lot of pillows so he has no choice but to sleep horizontally.

1727, I am also keeping Heidi in cot. Safest place. She rolls around like no tomorrow. Even when she's awake, I still dump her in cot while I go make milk. can't trust her not to roll of the bed.

Speaking about baby calling us, Mikkel started calling Daddy and Mummy very clearly few months back. Just as sudden as it started, he stopped. hmmm.... his fav words are 'open' and 'pain'.

he is a monkey and a tiger in disguise. climbs ard with ease and likes getting his brother into trouble. he'll knock his head on his bro and then whines and holds his head with one hand and then points at his bro with the other. he'll be pacified till i do something abt it!!! he's sensitive to the phrase 'Let's go!'. once he hears that, he'll scoot to daddy or my legs and hold on to dear life till we carry him to go out. alamak! this boy...

my kids transisted to bed very early. since a few wks old. hee... Mik's still on our king bed.

guess belle has been 'trained' to sleep within a certain confined area (in between hub and myself) on the bed.. she doesnt flip so much these days.. tried letting her sleep on her tod bed for PM naps, she stays pretty much where she should be..

Jules,

That sounds exactly like ayden but more biting. Gets his sister into trouble all the time. He would sit on her if he sees her quietly sitting and doing her stuff - just to hear her scream!! So much fun.

Usual complaint I get from A -

(I)tchy! Apparently a - "BUG bite me"

Yesterday he answered "don't know" when his dad asked him a question.

Loves "mun née" $$$$ extorts everything I have in my wallet to his bear bank

Kids are growing so fast!

I can't let Heidi sleep between us. She just loves to disturb her daddy. Lifts up his shirt to tickle his belly or pluck at his leg hair...hubby will scold me..."how come Heidi's on our bed???" haha...

Thanks BabeE n CC

Yeah I hope so...today seen both. Speech therapist has given us the action plan to encourage him to speak up. She comment that he is indeed slower given his age n is good for her to start seeing my boy now instead of later so that it can be corrected soon. Overall she is quite positive. But think her concern is more on his feeding. Dietitian has given a diet plan to follow n advise us to give him bigger pieces of food over the next one mth to see how it goes. My boy always get choke when he take bigger pieces...hope he can overcome it.

My house is also like a zoo...everyday when both boys are awake ... The younger one roaming around, opening cupboards, taking things out...climbing here n there...very daring.... Then many times of the day, they will be fighting for my attention, if not fighting toys...always fighting for the same one...elder one is at this point when everything is his...so keep shouting no no no...and the younger one will scream back too...

Really like market too!

Haha.... yes yes... mine sleeps vertically too...just dont understand why.... pillows bolsters whatever just doesnt help... in her playpen,she will go to worm to the width instead of length of the playpen..... then if she is on our bed, we actually form the alphabet 'H'.

jenny, is your eldest speaking for the younger a lot? I read that in the babywhisperer. Her elder daughter was answering for the younger daughter so the younger daughter took a while longer to master speaking. The same happened to my friend as well but she's also bringing her 2 yrs old to a speech therapist.

My LO also like to sleep vertically, lucky using playpen..no plans to transit to toddler bed yet as no window grills, feel safer in playpen..hoping she won't learn how to climb out anytime soon :p

Jenny,

That's good. All will work out soon for him [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

So happy- my gal can finally call 婆婆 properly..

These days she speaks in language that we all cannot understand- v fast, in chains ..

She finally coming back in 2 months' time and that's when she will start childcare too. Gotta think of how to come back from work in cook her dinner in time..

Hello! March mummies, long time didnt drop by.

Jenny

My situation at home is same as urs. The 2 kids is almost always fighting or playing. Elder one always feel everything belongs to him, so he snatch back everthing Crystal take. Crystal recently decided to fight back and she BITES him now. Today Crystal left a teeth mark on his hand.

Wow...really busy busy...finally can drop in to say hi

Yes cc really busy with the action plans...

Good good...wish...happy to hear them learn new words n phrases n eventually sentences...

Icy

Yes I guess our littles ones are ard the same age so really headache with the 2...didi learns to push kor kor away when kor kor is with me...lots of jealousy...

Torayme

Surprisingly my elder one is not speaking for the younger one...their communication is always on fighting of toys haha...or biscuits or my attention...think only I really know what he wants. Lol

Wish,

I use thermal pot to cook soup or thermal flask to cook porridge for dinner.

Icy,

Any idea how LO learn to bite in order to fight back ? How do we teach them biting is wrong ?

Icy, wow wow I am impressed by Crystal! Reminds me of how I used to fight with my own elder bro. Haha

Wish, I also thinking how to get dinner ready in time for Heidi when she start cc in Dec.

Jmmabb, so u will prepare dinner in the morning before leaving for work? Maybe I try too. Test with porridge for my own lunch.

Jenny,

The younger one seemed to feel more jealousy and would scream and cry even when elder one is with me or even the maid. She would immediately cried and grab us to carry her. Sometimes the elder one tries to be nice, tried to hug her or hold her hand but end up hurting her or making her fall because he doesnt know how to manage his strength.

Tough work, even hb instruct me to teach them how to love each other.

jmmabb & torayMe

I also wondering how to Crystal learn the biting skill from. My elder one doesnt have this issue of biting before. Maybe it starts off when she is teething and her gum is itchy. She is very much interested in toes then, tried to bite her bro toes a few times. Then she realise her bro would be scare of her biting cos he would run off screaming away and now she attacks him when she is angry.

I told Crystal biting is wrong. She just give me a cheeky smile. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] She could even point at the cane (meant for the elder one) and offering her butt to me by patting her own butt. She must be thinking caning is fun.

Icy- your gal so sweet..

Jmmabb- I was thinking if put in Thermal pot from morning till evening too long or not? Or should set timer to cook porridge, then go home throw in the rest of ingredients to quick boil? I think the green vegetable may turn yellow if in thermal pot for >12 hrs in my case.

As they are nearing 16 months old, they can really get jealous. Dylan gets jealous when I carry the dogs. So what I do now is involve him. When I feed the dog, I ask him come sit on my lap and he'll pretend to feed. When the dog's food is steaming hot, I ask him to blow.

Icy,

Sounds like me and my brother when we were kids too! We fought more than we played I reckon. That's how we ended up with 2 TV sets. Hahahaha...

haha...guess fighting all common among siblings....

btw, today citibank cardholders - tangs having 12% rebates and ikea sales for ikea members...today!

wish & torayme, hb prepares dinner every morning before heading to work. for porridge, fish, tofu, meat, cook over stove then into the thermal flask. yes, quite long, almost 11hrs. if want cook fresh and can come home earlier, takes about 30minutes

for soup/pasta, will cook after back fr work, takes about 10minutes.

icy, crystal so cute to offer you her backside to spank :p

Anyone interested in getting together for a free event in August?

CLASS 95FM’s MOVIES IN THE PARK!

Saturday, 6 August 2011 @ Fort Canning Park

http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/radio/class95/highlights-article.aspx?cp-documentid=5024247

Class 95FM’s Movies In The Park is back!

This year, it’s gonna be a family friendly treat with some action no less!

We’re showing:

Iron Man 2 - starring Robert Downey Jr, Gwyneth Paltrow and Mickey Rourke!

Despicable Me – starring Steve Carell, Russell Brand and Jason Segel!

Date: Saturday, 6 August 2011

Time: Doors open at 6pm

Venue: Fort Canning Park

• It's a FREE event, bring your loved ones, family and friends and join us for a Movie Night Out under the stars!

• Come early to find a good spot. Bring your own mats and cushions and make yourself comfortable!

Babee, the event looks interesting, fun to go with just a couple. am pretty skeptical on bringing kids, they tend to run around, or fuss and whine if asked to sit throughout. Hai, this age quite difficult to get them to sit still ya?

Seren, if my dog comes sit on my lap, El will auto sit too, then my dog will jump away. Then he's contented. =p

Jules, Mik is so cute, the way he interacts. You must be so happy and warm seeing your 3 precious getting along with one another so well. =)

WF,

Bwahahaha... I thot of it cos it'll be quite fun for them to run around a bit. Because I dun think I can sit down that long either!

E can only sit still max 30min, and that' provided it's High-5 or Sesame Street she's watching. Otherwise... I think maybe 10min max. =P

Morning mummies!

Need help and advice! Is it normal that LO's feet smell when they wear shoes? Not sure if the shoes problem or Lac's feet but they smell leh... sweaty feet maybe? Should I bring her to see PD and check? Or I am over-reacting?

BabyL,

Hehehe... I think it's normal. E sweats a lot so her feet and socks smell too!

Pooh, really ah? Scare me leh...my hubby said want to bring Lac to see TCM coz might be too "xu1" (weak). Really wanna kok his head man.... so young got so "xu" meh...I asked my mum, she said my nephew also will have sweaty/smelly feet after wearing shoes the whole day...

Wish, I never wear leh.... i find it hot to wear leh. Ok, i try one day to see if it helps to reduce the smell. So young got smelly feet...hahahaha!

BabyL,

I tested A on milk swap from soy. 6am feed, swap one scoop of 3 for 300mls water - 1milk2soy

Thursday

9am tummy ache

12noon lunch

3pm soy(normal)

6pm tummy ache

7pm dinner - screaming in pain and couldnt eat at all, one spoon food and screaming start.

8pm fever ;( 38.2c

(1normal poo, 1runny and 1wet fart)

Friday

Royal fussyness day with bouts of temperature - totally trashed

(Runny poo)

Sat

Fever - off to PD, nothing wrong!!

(no poo)

Sunday

Tui na - must better from bloated stomach still with bouts of temperature

(Mega poo!)

Don't think I'm ever going to swap till he is 3yrs old, just one scoop of 1feed from 4feeds and I'm totally gone trashed for 4days. Learn my lesson well.

CC, hope A is feeling better now, poor boy, must be feeling terrible. Thanks for sharing... Last week i also gave Lac a few sips of Marigold milk and end up she just kept drinking. Next day she had mega sticky, near watery poo. I was thinking if its gripe that i fed or the milk. I am also testing out slowly on her milk intake. Let me try again n see if she can take more. Else same as u, will really have to wait till they are older...

hi mummies

any good links to recommend for cooking? i am running out of ideas to cook for my 2 boys...

very good that my boy is showing good swallowing...tried quite a few new food and he is taking well...

as for speech wise...no much words yet but today he called ma ma a few times! finally...super happy

Jenny,

Great to hear progress ;)!

You can check out Annabel karmel website, but it's all western. She has few books too. Good luck!

Yeah cc, really happy. Thanks will check it out. Hopefully not too difficult to cook...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Winnie, reply u already.

Hi mummies

Ask u can our children eat yam? Don't know y mil say don't let them eat??? Today I cook fish soup with yam...???

hi mummies

have anyone attended tumble tots or beary gym at tampines before???

just thinking of bringing my boy for trial...

Good morning Mummies! Look like the weekend was quiet.

I'm feeling pretty excited this week cos we're celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary. How time flies... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hope you all have a good week ahead!

Happy anniversary BabeE, wishing you many more years of blissful marriage ;)!

This weekend we're off to vivo to attend Hair for Hope, raising awareness and funds for Children's Cancer Foundation. Will be shaving off all my hair, sure hope A doesn't cry buckets when he sees me bald ;)!

Back