(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

Happiness

I like the 'striking lottery'!

Seriously would like to 'strike lottery' every now and then but heiz, as long as they eat/sleep/drink and be happy and healthy, watever they wanna do oso can!!! Hahaha!

Am so tempted to try the yogurt after the 'hard sell' lor! Hehe.. Need to make a trip to supermarket fast!

Kath

If u can wean him off, will be good but if not, oso no choice lah but to endure..

bbin

Am always free ;) But.. Too bad i reply u late ;(

Minime: cook with abit of boiling water then I'll add in raisins or chop up apricot... It will be a bit thick after I lift it off the fire then I add in a little bit of milk to smooth dwn the pastey oats... I'm not so comfortable with her milk boiling over the stove thus I only add some milk after I lift the pot off the stove n little bit of sugar (I use honey, but I knw some mummies may not b comfy with honey).

Lovie: ya I saw the fernleaf so tot try. Not bad.. But I still prefer yoplait la... Heeee....u go buy try alr let me knw yr comments ya....

Happiness: I also started Chloe with Quaker oat for breakfast since she turned 1, abt 2-3 times a week.I gave her the red one and use boiling hot water to prepare it but not cooking it. To counter the plain taste I mixed some (20% portion) of her sweet cereal like nestle. And she can accept it to my surprise[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cloh : Chloe like oats? Cherish does not really like it.... i gotta coax her to eat, but she does accept the rest of her cereals readily. I gave her oats because of the high fibre, can "stimulate" poo poo..hopefully... hahhahaha...

I bought the organic baby oats, she din like it very much thats y i have to add in some chop up apricots or raisins.... But the quaker oats I had for bfast she seems to like... dunno it is bcos I added in condense milk...

I am going to faint! Couldnt cook/clean at all! Junior keeps on getting into mischief! Climb here, climb there, walk into the kitchen etc.. Tak Buk Leh Ta Han!!!! Even wif TV switched on, he oso doesnt care.. Am so fed up watching his back the whole morning!!! Argh!!!

Lovie : Mine has been doing that for months....now someone understand my 痛苦. haha ...keep him busy. Give him toys and cordon him off to area u can see.... if I'm in the kitchen i close the childgate and forbid her from going into the living room....

I also, only can clean/cook when she sleeps or if she is kept busy with her fave shows and toys... hahahah.... tahan...tahan...

Same here, mine also keep climbing here and there, play under dining table, push chair around! It so tiring to chase after them. Miss the time that he was just a few month old :p

Ha Lovie,, welcome to the club, once they learnt how to walk independently our another nightmare started too... My back pain is killing me as a result of following her walking the whole house and pick her up whenever she falls or sit on the floor.... I am going to buy the gate to block her from entering kitchen...she wants to touch basically everything when she walk ard....

Happiness: I intro oat to her for nutricient reason too and oso we usually drink oat for bf so it wld be good if she can follow the same...

happi, i cant find the fernleaf yoghurt or babydel cheese... one ting is i was in a rush so didn find thoroughly... but i bought the cheesestick which ruth (someone posted the link to her blog here) n she quite like it...

helow..... talking about the gate, i want to buy also...buy the problem is dunno how to choose....my kitchen door way hack one so much wider *faint*. and i saw some must drill to wall....that one look better. can swing 180 degree... another type is sliding one....aiyoh..headache...any gd brand to recommend?

Happiness&Bliss, Cloh,

My girl i still feed her one meal of cereal.... but find that the Step 3 milk turn her poo poo greenish again...im using Enfa. The Step 2, her poo poo was brownish normal. And step 3, gave her very hard poo poo....previously used to cry before plopping out a small lump....

So what i did was in her cereal i add a tablespoon of organic prune juice.....then i gave yakult, and gave a piece of banana....haha...kiasu eh? but it works....until many times i dont even know she poo-ed until the smell start to stink.... Got once i place her down to nap..she cry2...thought wat..then the smell hit me....

But my prob is i dunno whether to change her milk..cos her poo is green.....but i also do not want to go trial and error all other milk brand..very mafan and expensive.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Happiness

Juz a day without help and i cant make it liao!!! Tak Bu Leh Ta Han!!! For thrice a week, i have my part time maid to help me. She do hsehold chores and cook while i accompany Junior. Today i got a rude shock lor! Coz juz last week, i can simply switch on Okto and took out all his toys and he will guai guai play, wander ard in the living rm while i cook and clean up. Today, he simply wont let me hav peace and mind u, i wanna go and pee oso cant!!! Am so frustrated lor. When i walk into Kitchen, he actually follow and touch here and there while i was chopping food! I was in a frantic mode! Trying to cook and fend him off! Am super pissed!! Argh! I seriously understand u Tong Ku! Right now he's forcing me to buy a playyard or that a fence to bar him from walking into a battlefield! Tat dangerous boy!

Cloh

My secret lover aka Backaches is back as a result of wat happened today! U're seriously more ke lian than me coz u still got another in u! ;p Haiyoyo! We seriously need to do sth abt it before They break our poor back! I went Tuina ytd and that juz today, the pain came back.. Waste my $45 leh and somemore the trouble i take to bring him to and fro to Bedok Reservoir for Tui Na! ;(((

Lilac

Though Junior's ver active, i dun hope for him to go back to the time when he's only a few mths as i dun wan to go through everything again! Hahahaha..

救命啊啊啊啊啊啊!!!

Bbin: the fernleaf yogurt is 4 in a pack with a colorful cardboard binding the 4 together... Cannot find? The babydel cheese think must go ntuc xtra cheese counter then hv... It's less salty compared to the rest I try la... Dun knw abt the cheese sticks...

Blue: my girl hv no problem poo poo la. Cos we gave her veg in her solids. We only occasionally feed her cereal now as she is alr on solid lke rice/pasta/udon etc. Cereal only at breakfast but then I switch around also, sometimes oats/ sandwich/cornflakes etc. So cereal "business" is not really gd... My girl has yakult too but I limit her only half a bottle per day... For yakult could cause phelgm..

Cloh: oh dear pls take care ya... Dun carry heavy things n watch yr posture... If not it will aggravate yr backache..

lovie: I will close the childgate if I'm alone with her n need to cook. Playyard will not keep him in cause he is now walking alr... I talk to her as I'm doing my stuff... Sometimes I play cheat la... I give her food in her bowl n make her sit dwn n eat... The food or rather playing with the food keeps her occupied for a while... But it's good lei.., practice self feed... Now I'm giving her spoon n bowl with tiny weeny food in it n encourage her to direct spoon into her mouth.. Can keep her occupied for awhile too ... Heee...

U knw la , we mummies hv to b creative. Must always think of creative way to keep them occupied so tht we can do our choress....

Happiness

I dun know leh.. I juz dun feel comfortable wif him inside Kitchen wif me for fear of accidentally injure him unnecessary.. ;( I actually prefer him to climb up the sofa rather than loiter inside the kitchen.. But if i were to stop him into walking into the kitchen by installing a gate, i felt that it defeat(forgot hw to spell liao) the purpose of coaching him to walk to the bathroom when it is bathing time.. I feel that i will confuse my poor boy. Heiz.. I no more creativity liao. My brain stop functioning as it used to since i dun hav enough slp. WAHAHAHAHA!

bbin: I found the babydel cheese that happiness recommended at the normal ntuc. But the one I went to is at Killiney branch, more ang mo there... maybe you try the bigger ntucs. Is the cheesestiks you bought from Kraft? The one that is sugar-free and good for teeth? Is it good?

Talking about safety gate, i 'yan jiu' a bit and bought the chicco brand with the auto swing back. So far so good, quite easy to open and close and dun need to drill, just tighten the knob to install.

Go to kiddy palace and they have the different gate sample. I find the other brands very hard to open the gate.

Lovie : I bo bian I need to see her every single second... she can create havoc if i turn my beack even for less than a min... now even if i on the tv for her... its at the utility room so that i can keep an eye on her...I will feel very uneasy if i don't see her... hahahha...

There was once i did not close the childgate and she went venture to the living room (i was picking something up) its less than 1 min when i turn around, she is hanging from the curtain alr.... and climbs very fast, up the sofa, up the bed etc... my master bedroom bed is pretty high...one day i saw her taking her stool and bring it into my room, i follow her and see what she wants to do. She place the stool at the foot of the bed and climb up the bed :s..... from then i told myself NO MORE letting her out of sight.... I mean if she climb up the chair n up the window..... arrghhh the tot of it sent shivers dwn my back....

Lilac : Ya... my lucky baby gate, very difficult to open...what double lock safety.... sometimes i lazy open i just "cross over".... but then the childgate is still very useful...

hihi mummies... gatecrashing ur forum...

I'm a July mummy... gg back to work soon and sourcing for a good Infant care. Would really appreciate if any can recommend? PM me can?

Looking for one in the East / Thomson / Raffles Place... Tks vm in advance!

Happiness

Ur concern is not unfounded!

I saw the news abt the 6 yr old incident and it make me even more wanna make sure that he stays out of the window!

Cherish is clever to have thought abt using the stool to lend her a helping hand! Ha! Can secretly praise her for being clever but not in the open!

Ur hse comes wif the window grill?

Mine comes wif it but i still dun feel safe coz there might come a day, the window grill might come loose. No one knows for sure. Instead of counting it to keep Kiefer safe, best way is to watch out for him! Heiz..

Maybe i can wait for Taime Fair and see whether they have grills for SALE.. Hehe.. Juz have to bear wif it for the time being..

Lovie : We have the grilles done... but I still feel unsafe... Cannot trust the grilles. Rather count on myself and keep a look out for her...heee...Yes u r right, we nvr knw abt the wear and tear of the grilles, it may come loose..who knows.

Huh, don;t praise Cherish ar.... she is more mischevious than clever la... thats y always very "creative", think of different ways to be naughty...

Yes talking abt the 6YO buy incident... damn how can the parents leave him alone at home. Argggh but it's not for us to comment anyway. Different parents take care of kids differently ...What we can do is take this sad accident as a lesson to us and learn from it....

bbin : "out" or "Away" is fine. I can understand Lovie's lingo can alr... anyway most of us gives our "Eng" back to our teachers after we left school...

Freesia : If i'm not wrong I think only got the one in Tampines One....

happi, no no... u got me wrong... i meant y not using 'out' in this case is coz if out of window, means LO becomes 'superman'... jokingly ah... not grammar correction la...

Happiness

Hahaha, my wrong for praising Cherish.

Pardon me har.. ;p

I gotta seriously go to Kiddy Palace to look for grills and see what is available in the market and compare..

I juz now went Jason's and bought Yoplait Petit Miam and Fernleaf! Cant help lettin Kiefer try when he gets home and he loves it! Thanks for sharing info abt yogurts.. ;)

Happiness/ bbin

I actually wanna say steer clear of the window but dun know how it came out to be 'out'! Hahahaha.. Blur me ;p

Freesia

From wat i know, there's only a United Kids in Singapore.. I quite like United Kids for i find that there's alot of variety there! Not bad!

Lovie : Cherish's yougurt days are over. I ask her over the weekend if she wants yougurt, she dun wan. She wans "yakult" instead. Haiz.... SO now end up yogurt is eaten up by me.

And I realise Cherish does not like Cheese. I change so many types of cheese, but the most she take is 2-3 small pcs and she dun wan alr.

Oh and the meiji yogurt is quite ok. BUt there are fruits pcs in it. It may be too big pcs so gotta cut the fruit...

Happiness

Actually i find yogurt abit 'leng meng' coz ppl ard me doesnt eat yogurt much and so if Kiefer decided not to eat anymore, i wont protest and will find other food to feed him instead. Hahaha.. Hopefully mine can continue eating for as long as he could coz Mummy no longer have any idea of food to feed him at his age! Heiz..

Today am officially starting him on 3 square meals a day. Am still considering on whether to feed him milk in the afternoon anot..

Lovie : Me & HB eats yogurt... so if Cherish dun eat we still eat la... But of cos i would prefer her to eat cos it has too much goodness in a cup.

I help you change your feeding schedule again...

07:30am - Milk at 260ml

8.30am - solids (breakfast)

11am - Lunch

12pm - Nap

02:30pm - Milk at 230ml

03:30pm - Bread wif cheese/Biscuits

6:15pm - Dinner(Rice/Porridge)

7:30pm - Fruits

9:30pm - Milk at 230ml

heee hope it helps... besides injecting the solid breakfast the later part of the day should keep as it is 1st. you observe him and see whether he is ok anot.

Good luck ya!

Happiness: Your proposed milk intake very aggresive sia[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Chloe will never drink 260ml at one go.... at most is 180-200ml

Happiness

Hubby complain that i feed Kiefer too much and that he doesnt wish that he becomes fat! Am now trying out the below schedule and see how it fairs..

Thanks for the Gd Luck yay!~ XOXO

Below is my new creation that i officially start today.. Hehe..

07:30am - Milk at 210ml

9.30am - solids (breakfast)

12pm - Lunch

12.30pm to 2.30pm - Nap

3pm - Milk at 210ml

3.45pn - Bread wif cheese/Biscuits

6:15pm - Dinner(Rice/Porridge)

7:30pm - Fruits

9:30pm - Milk at 230ml

Freesia

I start feeding him Cheerios today for breakfast and that am still observing on how well he takes it.. I use his milk as the base of the Cheerios so that it will not be too dry for him to consume. Ive try McD hotcakes, chewh kueh and chee cheong fun on him.. ;) Hope it helps..

Cloh: the milk not I propose ar, it's kiefer's intake. I copy frm lovie's earlier post. Only change the time around to fit in the solids breakfast [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] that's y I always tell lovie I envy kiefer's milk intake n appetite... Heee..

Freesia : I feed Cherish cereals/oats/cornflakes/sandwich/hardboiled egg with mayo/ scramble egg(with or w/o ingredients) / cakes etc... She practically take everything...

Lovie: it makes sense to reduce some milk maybe to like 180-200ml. I believe with 3 solids n snacks in between he wun feel hungry so fast...Cherish milk intake has nvr exceed 180ml at 1 go....she can't finish anyway...

Happiness

Yeah! Ive reduce his milk feed from 260ml to 230ml( based on the amt he drinks.. ) coz i dun wan him to feel full and reject food! He can drink 260ml if i give him but i only give him 230ml.. Noon time, he'll drink between 230ml to 180ml depending on mood.. Night time, he will drink 200ml to 180ml.. But well, as long as i feed him and he drinks, i didnt care much. Hehe..

Am gonna feed him egg yolk later and feeling a bit nervous! Hahahahah.. Am actually abit clueless how to feed him and thus, went to search ard and voila! found a way to intro him. Am so nervous now.. Hehe

Lovie: intro egg yolk? U mean u hv not intro egg to him before? Last time when I intro egg to my girl, intro egg yolk as in half boiled egg form... Haha... I'm not the type too bothered abt intro what food 1st n what food 2nd .. I'm lazy la... But then I heard u shld intro yolk 1st then white...

yup, intro yolk 1st... white is the 'culprit' to cause allergy if any...

freesia, i went to compare the stick i bought wif kraft one, the one i bought is lower in sodium...

happi, i found the fernleaf yoghurt but still cant find the babydel cheese... haiz.. tis time i was @ ang mo kio hub fairprice...

Hi mummies,

I am from the June 2010 thread.

I am now doing my 3rd batch spree for Sophie & other brands, the products can be seen on www.sophie.sg. The discount is 20% off price listed on the site.

To order, please send me a PM directly (I will not be referring to the thread postings). I will close orders on 17 April at 3pm. On 18 April, I will contact all mummies to confirm the orders and ask for payment to be transferred before 19 April 11am. Stocks will be available for collection from 20 April onwards at Pinnacle@Duxton or Tanjong Pagar MRT.

Happiness

Yap, will 'purposely' give him egg yolk only to try. As for egg whites, will consider letting him try next week if he's okay wif it..

bbin

Still hunting for Babydel Cheese? U poor thing leh, doesnt seem to have 'fate' wif it. I keep saying Babydel Cheese where ever i go! Hehe.. U try Market Place or Cold Storage. U'll have better chances..

Jmi

Hahahaha! Dun worry abt it as long as Jared remains fine after having it! ;p

Jmi

He reckon that it's time for some exercise for you and ur hubby thus getting into mischief! Hahaha! Perhaps u can consider letting him play by himself in the playyard so as to prevent him from running ard and oso giving urself some space to take a breath!

Kiefer finished his egg yolk wif milk w/o putting any fight! Phew~

Lovie: I intro eggs to Cherish at 8 mths. Heee... Okie .. Anyway like my auntie say, last time when we were young whr got such thing as eat yolk 1st white later? When able to swallow semi solid alr start feeding half boil egg.

Only our precious babies nowadays tht we take time to feed like that. But being the lazy mummy I am, I only feed yolk twice... Then subsequent is whole egg alr... Cos I feed her chawamushi... Hahaha...

Happiness

Hahahahaha! I oso dun wish to be fussy but cant be helped coz after searching info and reading through, will feel bad if dun wanna follow.. Wahahahah!

Ive got no choice but to introduce him individually becoz of the last outbreak of terrible rashes! It took him 1 mth to recover and that till now, there's still some scars.. And to make things worse, i feed him alot of things prior and that one of them is steamed eggs wif minced meat! Heiz..

Lovie: how come got rash? Oh dear if he is sensitive then better intro 1 by 1. Cherish is just like rubbish bin... Hee... Everything also want to eat. But then I nvr let her try nuts n seafood yet. The only seafood she had is dried scallops, 鲍贝,dried oysters. These are use to boiled her porridge soup by the nanny. So far she is ok lo.

I make steam egg with mince meat for my girl too. Eat with porridge.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Happiness

I purposely introduce him food at a later stage and oso 1 at a time so as to reduce allergics if there is.. Who knows, being lax only once and he has severe breakout [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]. So far, he's allergic to Tomato and Peas and i try it twice before confirming.. Ive yet to re-try the 2 on him and plan to do so after egg whites.. It's abit hassle but no choice since he has 'minor' history prior..

Good to know that Cutie Cherish is a 'rubbish bin'! Hahaha.. It's always best to have a child who has no allergics and oso eats everything and who doesnt want this best scenario, right? No choice if they have allergics but to slowly wait till they outgrown it! Gambetei! Hehe..

Cherish now sleeps alone or that wif u on bed? When it's time for bed, I will lay Kiefer on my bed and try to coax him to slp. After that, i will place him in his cot and he'll slp there until 1am+, he will surely make a fuss by crying and lazy mummy will carry him to bed and slp wif me. Problem is, he's getting really comfy slping wif me & doesnt want to slp his cot! Also, when he slp wif me, he will tend to squeeze beside me leaving me no space to slp & i always ended up having backaches when i wake up! Now, am trying to make him slp in his cot on his own. Hopefully, i will be able to succeed..

Lovie : Jia You ok! Cherish was allergy to Salmon b4. I intro her salmon and she break out into rash on her back at 6 mths old. I stop. Then I try again after she turn 1YO and surprisingly she's ok now and is accepting salmon.

My PD advises that always try only a small portion like 1 spoonful... then if there is any allergy reaction it will not be to "massive" to handle. Then u can try again 2-3 months later. Sometimes the rash may not be allergy, its their body reacting to food that the body is receiving for the 1st time. Good luck ya! Jia you jia you!

Cherish is eating everything, TRUE! But come to milk must coax her to drink de...

She is still sleeping with me on my bed. I tried moving her to the mattress but she wakeup immediately after i put her dwn [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif].... so I am to lazy to put her to mattress again cos I wan my "beauty sleep".... hahahahha.... okie...maybe i should try again. I dun think she will like her cot now thou.... The problem is, she likes to rub my hand when she is drifting off to sleep especially when she switch position n the middle of the nite... so i suppose she will surely wakeup if she dun "feel" me around... super sticky right???? That's Cherish for you... hahahha

Jared is like a 'rubbish bin' too. Eats anything and everything if we PUT in his mouth. Always looking at us when we eat!

There was a period when Jared was sleeping in his cot and he would get up between 1am - 3am and make noise, throw his pillow out wanting us to carry him over to our bed.

So daddy decided, for the sake of our sleep and sanity he will co-sleep with us. So Jared has been happily sleeping in-between us for 4 months! No more fussing. Think I need to move him to his own mattress soon though.

Lovie & Happiness: My girl will sleep on the adult bed first then we will transfer her to her own cot after she fall asleep and she got no problem to sleep through the night but do wake up one time for water sometimes.... If we put her at her cot before she falls asleep she will "bo eng" climb here and crawl there so very tiring for us....

RE: Food allergy

Chloe also has rashes after I used dried oyster to boil her porridge when she was 8 mths old.. so far I have not try it again coz I think dried scallop is also good enough and she is ok with that.....

Back