(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

Happiness

That's wat am thinking too.. Introduce him 'breakfast' and try to delay lunch thereafter.. But the prob is i dun know how to delay coz of his nap time! After looking at ur post, i agar know wat to do. Thanks har!

Dun wanna abt the milk and juz let her try pedisure(sth lik tat..) 1st. In actual fact, too much milk will interfere wif their feeds and that am thinking of decreasing it. Wat's the brand of Yogurt u feeding Cherish?

Lilac

Too much milk is no good.. Coz they wont hav appetite to eat! Ive moved to stage 3 when he was 1 yr old. Though am feeding him NAN HA 3 which says tat i can make the switch when he was 10mths old, i waited till he was 1 before switching him..

Sometimes he will chew on Macoroni/Noodles or either that, simply juz swallow. I know he has not been chewing when he finish his food fast! Ha! But i let him be coz i wan him to master chewing.. ;)

wow.....your LOs can really drink alot of milk.....me still struck at 150mls per feed.....

Below is my Jin Yuan's Daily Feeding Schedule..

05:30am to 06:30am - latch

09:30am - cereal or porriage

10:45am - milk at 150mls then Nap(if he wants)

12plus - lunch

02:30pm - Milk at 150ml

03:30pm - try to make him nap again

6:00pm - Dinner(rice/Porridge)

8:30pm - Milk at 150ml or he will request for latch

9plus - latch & sleep

still request for midnight latch a few times

i have been trying to intro fruits to my Jin Yuan but still he refused to try..... i found out that my Jin Yuan is very slow in trying new food.... but he will eat abit biscults if he want.....

Lilac,

I move to stage 3 milk after Cherish turn 1 YO. Cherish can eat all sorts of food, including rice/udon/kwayteow/bee hoon / pasta etc... The trick is to cut into small pcs (for easy chewing when u 1st intro... Then once they are u use to the taste u can dont need to cut into so small pcs...

Lovie : Cherish is on Yoplait baby yogurt (for 1Yr onwards)... but i do also give her adult yogurt if I cannot find the baby ones....Adult yogurt I also buy Yoplait cos I find it not as sweet compared to the rest... I just bought Emmi Yogurt 2 days back... but find it a little sweet...

What cheese do u feed Kiefer with huh? I tried to find baby cheese but seems cannot find lei... the cheese i bought (cannot remember the brand, but got a cowhead and the cheese is in round box type), find it abit salty lei...

Oh i also self-made "pizza" for Cherish... hehehe..may not be yr typical pizza but still ok for her....

hi mummies..

seems as if my boy is eating quite little!

his feeding schedule below:

8am - 180ml milk

930am - fruits/snacks

10am - nap

12pm - porridge

230pm - 180ml milk then nap

430pm - fruits/snacks

7pm - cereals/porridge

930pm - 180ml milk

he still wakes up for night feeds, sometimes can drink up to 150ml then doze off immediately. Wake up once on good nights, sometimes 2-3 times [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I dunno how to help him sleep through the night.. if i dun give him his milk, he will cry and cry and all of us will have sleepless nights.

And for the past 1mth, i'm having trouble putting him to bed. he simply does not want to sleep and we have to go for car rides at 11pm to make him sleep. I asked my mum to cut one nap, but he gets cranky and my mum will give in and let him nap.

Maomao : I also have some problems making my girl sleep sometimes...but sometimes it does boils dwn to them wanting our attention / discomfort from teething etc....

What I did was to let her watch her fave show at 10pm ... after the show end at 10.30pm... i will either change channel to my show and tell her "it's time for you to sleep, mommy's turn to watch tv programme"...or totally shut of the tv...but on some days she will wan me to cuddle her play a little while b4 she is willing to turn in. But most of the times after the show ends she knws its a "sign" for bedtime.

Do not use car rides to make yr boy sleep, it will cultivate into habit... Make bedtime "interesting"... like reading him a book? On his fave tv programme or even play his fave song...

I rememebr when my girl was younger, we use to play 'This Old Man" song throughout the whole nite cos thats her fave song, and thats what will calm her dwn enuf to sleep....

But take a step at a time... shorten his day nap and see how he reacts at nite...

I wish you luck...

happiness: i have tried all sorts of bedtime activities. read to him, say prayers, sing hymns, or simply just cuddle. I try to do these on routine but still doesnt work out. didnt really try TV though. He loves this nursery rhymes DVD but he only gets more alert with that cos he will shake his bum and clap along..lol. I can take more than an hr trying to make him sleep and he just refuses to. And I dunwan him to sleep too late so we almost always resort to car rides, since that's the only way he can sleep earlier. I'm guilty that it's really becoming a habit.. sigh..

Indeed, i need a lot of luck!

Hi hi mommies... Really long time never post anything here...

Happiness: I also have problem sourcing for cheese... end up i gave her Kraft one... a bit salty so I only give 2 times a week...half a slice each time.. I tried once the Cottage Cheese which is suitable for toddler but it expired too fast .. so ends up throw away half of it...

Kath

U still latching JY?

U planned to stop or that u'll continue to bf him as long as u could..?

Why dun u try feeding him bottle?

Happiness

Yoplait is expensive!

I saw Cold Storage selling it at $5+ and that the size is the same as regular yogurt wif Meiji branding.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I wanted to buy last week when i went baby fair but stingy me stopped myself from doing so! Haha!

Whenever i wanna buy cheese, i will purposely make a trip to Cold Storage as they have more variety..

The Cheese am using is from Sargento(Brand) and that it's Natural Colby..

I find the cheese abit on salty side but consider it still acceptable thus offer to Kiefer.

Though i feed him 'salty' cheese, he still accept the bland food that i prepared him so i guess the salt level is still acceptable..

This is how i gauge..

Intially when i wanna introduce him cheese, i tried alot of places for cottage cheese but to no avail until i went Cold Storage last week and happen to chance upon it.

I didnt buy coz it cost a whopping $20 and that i feel it doesnt make any sense..

If u wan, u gotta go Taka's CS to try ur luck..

An interesting fact abt the Colby Cheese(Brand Sargento) that i had is that i notice they hav a shelf life of only 3 mths max..

I went quite a num of place aft i purchase my cheese and find that all of them hav exactly the same expiry date that i had on hand! ;)

MaoMao

Happiness is right!

I notice that Kiefer oso refuse bed though he has his daily nap at 2 hrs and after many clueless and helpless nights, i realise he might be teething!

No choice then! Gotta be more patient and spend longer time to coax him to slp..

If I stretch his nap to 3 hrs, he will refuse to slp!

By hook or by crook, i gotta cap his nap at 2 hrs and that usually by 7.30pm, he will make noise coz he wants to slp.

I will play wif him for a while more, feed him fruits, bath him and prepare his milk.. He'll slp after drinking his milk..

Maybe u can set a standard routine and try to adhere to it.

From the day he was born, we set a routine for him and that he will slp at 9+..

Even if i bring him out, he will still slp when 'time's up' ;p

I guess routine does help..

Helloha!~

Perhaps u can make a trip down to Cold Storage and randomly choose 1 for her but remember not to buy soft cheese for her..

Reference from : Wholesome

Reason being..

Cheeses such as Brie, Feta, Camembert, Roquefort, and Bleu Cheese are amongst those called "soft" cheeses.  These cheeses are typically not cultured and in many countries, are not made from pasteurized milk; they are made from raw milk. 

Products made from raw milk may carry a bacteria called listeria.  The incidence of listeria in the United States is very low as the vast majority of dairy products sold in the US are either pasteurized or cultured.  The "safest" types of cheeses are Cottage cheese, ricotta, cream cheese, processed cheeses and hard cheeses like  cheddar and parmesan.  As mentioned, cultured dairy products like yogurt are generally considered to be safe for both a baby and a pregnant woman.  Check the labels on the cheese products you buy and ensure they are either cultured or made from pasteurized milk products.

Thanks Lovie for the detail info on Cheese!!! So is kraft slice cheese safe for our LO? So far the cottage cheese (cream type) i saw from CS has very short expiry date. I tried yoPlait yogurt for few times she don't quite like it.. N find it quite ex so have stop buying...

Its been awhile since I came back to this forum! haha

Lovie, wa you're really detailed with your research. Been giving caleb the i can't remember the name but it comes in wedges in a round box with a cow's face on it. You think that's ok? it's not soft cheese right?

anyway caleb's feeding schedule

730am: 180ml milk

830am: Cereal with fruits

1030: 180ml milk

12: lunch (usually porridge cos im too lazy to think of new types of food.. haha)

3pm: 180ml milk/ yogurt

6pm: dinner

9pm: 180ml milk

and bread "on demand" he loves white bread like mad. doesn't help that I have a gardenia vending machine just downstairs!

lovie: so good kiefer can sleep by 9+.. my boy used to sleep by 9+, sometimes even earlier for the first 6mths. Gone are those days.. now i'm considered lucky if he can sleep by 1030pm! ytd was the 2nd night in a row I managed to make him sleep before 11pm, without going for car ride! i must, must, must be determined not to give in to car rides!

Lovie : Yes i do agree that Yoplait Baby yogurt is expensive. But then it's less sweet, and the size is just right portion for Cherish. So i bought it. The rest like the adult ones are mostly "low fat", but babies now need "full fat" dairy products, to add on the adult form of yogurt are quite sweet and the portion usually must be split into 2 portions... erm, Emmi brand is OUT so don't buy it... too sweet... I hv a bottle of Meiji. I will try and let u know the outcome... Hahhahah

Cloh : the kraft cheese ...hmmm...ya y i nvr think of that...hahah...

Oh if Chloe does not like the Yoplait baby yogurt, maybe u can try the adult version yoplait... it's slightly sweeter and less sourish than the baby version... or if Chloe has sweet tooth, u may try Emmi, but give only half a portion cos I find it too sweet for my liking...

Yikai : I bought the same cheese as u... it's wedge form... but i find it very salty ... so i stop giving it to Cherish... I was told there is baby cheese in the market but i don't seem to be able it...

Maomao : don't be too anxious to set a sleeping pattern for yr boy, the thing now is he must be calm enough to go to bed himself...then u can slowly set time earlier by 5-10mins then slowly go back earlier and earlier till the desire time u want, then set to that timing daily... Oh and babies loves routine. So set a routine. For Cherish its her fave show, once the show ends she will go to her "spot" and settle in herself...

hi lovie....i will stop latching.....but often my JY still refued to let me bottle feed him.....now he know how to self services for latching....he can lift up my tee-shirts & self help lor.....

I always tell myself must give up BF ....but see my JY love the EBM..... i cant just give up like that lor.... as he still like it....cant really bear to give up....hahahhaha......

maomao.....maybe u can try to let your boy to execise at night make him waste his enough.....this might help to tired him & he can sleep early....

me also itchy backside lor.....hahhahahha....i will stop when i finish all my supplement.... nowaday...i also cut down of my in-take of the supplement.... but when i express., i still hope to get more EBM....me very greedy one.... but often it is not really alot....but enough for at least 1 feed... & when i came home, JY would like to be latch....often i will reject him....& latch him only at night.... How to train him to sleep all the way at night??? I tired to give pacifier/FM in bottle but he still cry & refused to suck/drink....often he will cry loud ....i dont want JY to wake his gor gor up....so i give in. The most funninest thing is ....JY refused to sleep with my maid....often...he will crawl from my maid's room to my room....& knock on my door....once he is in my room...very fast....he will wave & say bye bye to my maid.....expect my maid to close the room soon

Maomao: Thx for the link, I did not notice this brand b4 in NTUC ( at least for those outlets that I patronised)...

Happiness: I will try the 2 mentioned by you.. but I do not feed her yogurt everyday though..

Cloh

Ohhh.. Dun mention.. I juz share share [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

As long as Kraft Cheese is made from keyword : pasteurized milk, it shld be safe.

But if u ask me whether it is suitable for our LOs, i will advise u to buy others as i think LO at their age right now is not so suitable for Kraft unless u find it otherwise.. Juz a thought..

Cottage Cheese that i saw is from Danoe(dun know how to spell) but i didnt buy as it's way too ex and that since Kiefer is fine wif Sangento, i might as well stick to it and not subject him to unecessary 'food tasting session' as he's still recovering from his nasty bout of rashes..

Yoplait is out for me coz Stingy mummy finds it hard to part wif her money.. Wahahahahah!

Yikai

Huan Yin! Huan Yin!

Not detailed lah but juz plainly kiasi coz i dun wan to subject Kiefer to unnecessary "harm" from unknown source of food.

Frankly speaking, am a bit "suku" and since having Kiefer, ive got no choice but to try to read more to arm myself wif more "knowledge" so that i agar know what's "best" for him :p

If Moo Moo's cheese is made from "pasteurized milk", shld be fine for Dear Caleb.. Dun worry [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Am actually curious abt the "830am: Cereal with fruits" feed.. U mean u really wake up and prepare for Caleb?

I usually laze in bed after waking at 7.30am for his milk and will only "wake" up at 8+ and after that will be bz preparing his bath and oso his "breakfast"..

1 thing ive master is that in order not to have a frantic morning, i will make soup for him overnight and by the next morning, the soup will be ready and i juz prepare all the ingredients.. It really save me time coz i no need to make soup in the morning!

Gardenia is good! Better than Bonjour coz i find it a tab too sweet.

I feed him Sunshine Soft Grains if i could and that it not, i will just settle for Gardenia..

maomao

Aiyoh, Choy leh, dun "praise" my boy!

I very wary of ppl praising my boy coz i very pantang de! Wahaahhaahaah!

U say his good, the next moment, he will display all his patterns out!

Routine, darling! Strive to make it a routine for him to slp at a time u want and eventually things will work out.

Just like how i wean him off his pacifier in the daytime.. He will cry, wail and refuse to slp but i see results after a week when i endure all sorts of nonsense he gives!

But too bad, i cant wean off his pacifier in the night coz w/o his pacifier, he'll refuse to slp.

Actually, that is not impossible but if i were to do so, i gotta endure my poor working hb to countless slpless nights and thus, i give him and still wakes up in the middle of the night to help Kiefer to find his "love" [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Happiness

If i were to go home straight after my buy, maybe i will consider buying it.

I always shop ard and that am afraid that it will be spoil if not kept in the fridge. Heiz..

If Meiji is not sweet, maybe can consider buying it as it's cheap! Wahahahahah!

Kath

No choice, if u wanna stop latching it, u gotta try to make the message across to it and "firmly" rejects his whatever advances to you!

If not, u just have to keep on bf-ing him.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

U mean JY will wake up in the middle of the night and demand to be bf? Or that before slp..?

Lovie: ooopps.. sorry abt the "praising"!

last night was the 3rd night in a row that my darling boy slept before 11pm and for the FIRST time, he slept through the night! routine helps this time.. i read the same story, play the same games, say the same prayer. had to endure a bit of whining and crying after i off the lights cos he still wanna head out the door to look for papa. But luckily, he still managed to settle down after some coaxing and hugging.

morning mummies,

hw's everyone?

lovie dear,

i don understand ur msg: I make 210ml of milk and after adding water will amount to 230ml, 240ml of milk = 260ml aft adding water..

shdn it add up to 230-240ml instead of 260ml? sorry la, maths very bad...

maomao

Congrats yay!

U have finally 'made' it.. ;p

Bbin

Elloha!

Okay, mine is NAN HA and 1 scoop of milk powder, i gotta put him 30ml of water.. If i wanna make 210ml of milk for Kiefer, i gotta put him 70ml of hot water follow by 140ml of cold water and add 7 scoops of milk powder. After shaking it, the milk will eventually amt to 230ml most of the time and i think is becoz of the powder.. ;)

bbin

If i make 240ml of milk + water, end product will amount to 260ml.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cloh: If Chloe intake of milk is enough then the Yogurt is optional. I give Cherish yogurt daily to supplement for her "lack of milk" intake...

Lovie: wah I really really love n envy yr Kiefer appetite for milk...Actually I also find yoplait ex la. But I Bo bians lei... Need to get her milk intake...

Happiness: chloe's avg milk intake now is abt 550-600ml, I think not on the high side but her intake on the 2 porridge meal is not too bad so I leave it to her.....yogurt is just for her to explore some new food[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bbin

Hahaha, no worries lah.

Glad u understand ;)

Happiness

Dun be envious coz sooner or later i will go through wat u're going through right now!

If that's the case, using Yogurt to supplement is necessary lor. But for my case, i think i will use Cheese coz he takes Cheese better and i think it's becoz of the sodium level! ;(

Lovie,

How do you feed him milk at 730am then go back to laze around? dont you need to keep an eye on him, esp since he can climb out of the cot! haha

Sorry I play cheat. I pass the baby to my maid then i go back and sleep until 9 plus 10. hahaha. then she settle everything. My mother taught me this. ;)

Does anyone know how to make oats for their baby for breakfast? Ive never eaten oats myself so I have no idea. my MIL says need to cook on the stove, but the packet says just add a hot beverage then can eat already. This is not the instant kind, as in its in one big clear plastic bag then u can see the oats.. sorry a bit lost

yikai

Kiefer will Surely wake up in the night making noise/crying, standing up in his cot looking for comfort and that i will carry him to my bed and slp together. Miraculously, he will settle himself to slp once on my bed.. The rest is history.. Hahaha! Now u know why can i laze ard, right? ;p

Hubby gives him the 'green light' for him to slp wif us on weekends and normally, the chances of him waking in the middle of the nite will be slim but.. Impossible to share our bed wif him on a daily basis as he will surely refuse to slp in other places except our bed! Bad for couple life.. Wahahahaha!

Sorry that cant be any help wif regards to Oats as ive never cook for him! Ha! ;)

lovie.....JY would like to latch b4 he sleep & he will wake up at night for his night feed.... if i dont latch him,.....he will cry & make alot of noise to wake everyone up which include his gor gor who has to wake up 6.45am for school..... i tried to bottle feed him but he angry & refused to drink from bottle too.... so no choice....latch him....some more must move him from left to right via verse....if not he will also make noise....

Lovie : I don't want to jinx myself... but i wanna share... Cherish is taking the bottle again !! hehehe... she drank a total of 620ml of milk yesterday excluding her 3 solids meals and yogurt and cheese... hehehehhe.... I guess she is able to take her milk at ease now cos her teeth has sprout its way out... she now has a total of 8 teeth...

Ohh and there is another cheese that I found in NTUC Xtra, the brand is "babydel cheese"... its round and in a net holder in the fridge... its high in milk but low in soduim... erm but can be quite pricey also la.... i think its 5 or 6 round pcs for $5.50... around there...but my girl only take half a pcs a day...

Cloh : still can give yogurt daily de.... At their age now it would be good to have 3 solids meals... yogurt has many "friendly bacterias" that is helpful to their bone growth.... I give my girl 1 small cup daily....

Yikai : The oats are u using quaker oats there are 2 types, 1 is the "cooking type" the other is just add "hot water" type. I bought the one that needs to be cook... that just add milk/water boil then add in oats and cook till soft... then serve... I dun knw if yr baby can handle quaker oats... but there are baby oats around if you prefer...

congrats happi! hope cherish will stick to her milk for as long....

i oso @ a lost wat cheese to let my gal take... she hasn tried any before... @ most i only give her yoplait yoghurt if i'm ard...

SO good that all your LOs are trying new food.....my JY will only try junk food.....those health food....all he dont wan to try....

Kath

If that's the case, continue to breast feed him then!

No choice lor, for the peace of the family..

Happiness

Glad u finally made it through!

Well done, Mummy and Cherish!

Am seriously happy for ya! ;)

Shall make a trip to NTUC these days to see whether can i find this 'new' cheese that u intro.. Hehe

Lovie : Thanks. Suddenly she wokeup yesterday morning and shake me (she sleeps besideme) "Ma Ma, Nen Nen"... and this she has not say for the past 1 month.... so i ask her "r u sure?" she says "Nen Nen Nen"... still feeling skeptical i carried her to the kitchen, show her the milk bottle "U want nen nen"???... She replied "NEN NEN NEN"... so i make 160ml of milk and she finish ALL.... 2 hours later ask for Nen nen again and finish another 120ml... wooohooo.... the milk freak is back.... :D ...

Yes go try the babydel cheese, its not so salty as compared to those previous ones i bought... theres 2 types , but i bought the cheddar cheese...

bbin : try the babydel cheese... not so salty...

Happiness

I bought the oats from nature's glory. It says baby oats, is that the one you're refering to?

it says on the packaging just pour hot beverage over can already. so can i presume its the non-cook type?

Thanks for the help!

Lovie: very good mood ytd is an understatement... Wahahaha... U knw hw we fret when they dun eat or drink.., when they " back to old self" it's like striking lottery... Heeeee....she drank 180ml just now b4 she goes off to bed... It's a gd sign huh?!

Hv not try the Meiji yet... Cos trying to clear off the yoplait n fernleaf yogurt. FIFO mah... Heee... The fernleaf yogurt is 1 that can be considered. But it's 4 in a pack... I can't remember the price but it's not pricey de... Taste more milky in taste n not too sweet... But I still prefer yoplait cos yoplait taste better to me...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yikai: baby oats generally are softer n finer... But I still cook over the stove ... To to b double sure it's soften...

lovie....me no choice lor..... but hope to wean JY off the latching soon...

Happines....so nice that cherish can say neh neh... my JY only say this after he has some latching.....then he will see me & give me a sweet smile....say neh neh neh..... & my maid will ask him...what is he doing.....he will say neh neh again....ahhahahha

It is good that if your kid can request for more food as they are willing to try & eat....

HI Bbin, I am trying very hard to feed my JY food that he can eat.... but if you offer junk food like "cheese ring"....he no need to think....jsut open his mouth for you to feed him....

morning mummies

happi, yup i'll luk for it if got the chance... thanks for the recom..

kath, all kids are like tt.. will always hv room for junks.. even adults are like tat... so its up to us adults to try to manage tis...

lovie/gyan, today pm free?

Back