(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

Happy Valentines Mummies...

Have a smooth delivery TYL, Lin and Cocomama... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

btw, i'm also exoecting... the unplanned one too...ahaha

Hi all Happy Valentine's, ermm I n hb no time n plan to celebrate tho

Thanks everyone, I hope I can survive....so tired lately

Cocomama, I dunno mine is same or diff gender...dunno its terrible 2 at wk or its old wive's tales

Febie, u see kanna babydust fr me sure strike , hahhhaha, jus kidding!Congrats

redtea, my boy all sort of pattern also have lo

Firipy & cocomama,

my mom oso said if difference gender, your LO will cry for nothing. haha..

Febie, Congratz!

ya firipy must be u anyhow sprinkle on me lah...

hahahaa...

i also wanan go BKK but my hubby say no cos he say hard to find food for Shayne.

Can you share where u dine etc any difficulties when u are back?

thanks Red tea...

Happy Valentiné's Day...

Terrible 2...? Well i dunoe...

Sometimes lerynn will stick to daddy... whole day - daddy daddy daddy... Sometimes lerynn will stick to me... whole day - mummy mummy mummy...

Her naughty times:

When she did something wrong and daddy ask her to say sorry, instead of saying sorry daddy, she will say sorry mummy... when mummy ask her to say sorry, she again will purposely say sorry daddy... and she will insist, even if she is already crying... sometimes really buay tahan her...

Her adorable times:

She is the one whom remind me to apply stretchmark cream every night... in fact, she is the one who is helping me to apply... she helps me to blow dry my hair at night... she helps me to bath, she insist... she will ask me to 头高高 when she helps me to wet + rinse my hair... she is ask to be seated on my lap and said 躺躺弟弟 where she will lean on my tum tum...

Well, i hope that she, being such a bossy like girl, will be a good help with me on her little brother...

Cant imgaine that i'm left with less than 3 months to seeing my little prince...

firipy, i am using bodymate, a very long pillow, quite useful leh, i originally got 1, then last sat during robinson sale, hubby got me another 2.. Now i got 3 bodymate pillows.. ahahahaa..

Good luck to cocomama, tyl and lin..

Geraldine, Lerynn is soooo sweet.. Ask mine want didi or meimei, he will say dun want..

ET, My hb is eyeing on My full body pillow! Hehe, how much u got for, i tell him offer then buy. I ask my boy, he always say didi.... Febie, I will stick to food court n restuarant cos of me n Ayden. Dun wanna risk getting food poisoning. I Havnt been to bkk in 3 yrs plus!!!

cocomama>my 2 moms are here so they'll take care of ayden. Hope he'll be ok cos he's super sticky to me recently. must hug me to sleep and if I move away when he's not in deep sleep, he'll use his hands to pull me back. Told hubby not to stay in with me this time cos rather he keep Ayden company in case the moms can't handle him.

megan/ET>thanks!

Febie>congrats! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] more dragon bbs [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tyl, wonder hows the hospital is like in ny hor. Sigh.. Feeling like old woman, here pain there pain. Hope faster fast forward! All the Best n take care

firipy, i bought 1 feather one and one microfibre, both is ard $70 each after 20% off and additional 20% off for card members. Original price ard $110 ah.. Its really good..

Hello mummies !!!

Happy Belated Valentine's Day !

Long time didnt come in here becos very busy with work & my naughty gal.

Juz sent her to CC last mth & she already fall sick on the 2nd day. This mth everyday cry & refuse to go to CC. So ask MIL to pick her at 4pm for the last few wks.

Btw, I intend to organise a Mandarin trial class (Little Genius Class) with Apple Plus School located at Bukit Merah Central.

Anyone keen ?

If can get 5 student to form a trial class then can get 10% off the trial class fees.

Trial class for each student costs S$35 plus a material fee of S$10.

If for 5 student then will be $157.50 ($31.50 each) + material cost of $10 each.

1 semester which consists of 10 lessons is S$350.

Should you be keen to sign up your child for the course after the trial lesson, they could arrange for the cost of the first lesson to be waived, because they actually provide the full lesson of 1 and a half hours even for the trial lesson.

Details as follows :

Little Genius Class

Duration : 1.5hrs

Day : Sat

Time : TBC (will try to get ard 11am slot or 4pm slot)

Location : BLK 163 Bukit Merah Central, #03-3569, S’pore 150163

Cost per student : $31.50 + $10 material cost = $41.50 (provided can get at least 5 students)

Anyone keen plse PM me your details (name of parent, child name & DOB of child) ?

Thks !

megan, ET> thanks. technically, i still have 2 more months to go.

febie> thanks and congrats!! good thing that it's a happy kind of 'accident'.

Geraldine> Lerynn is so sweet hoh.. lately, YX also will look at me, stroke my face and say 'miss'... meaning he misses me.

lsntyl> wah.. now you're just waiting for the moment. hope your moms can adjust to the weather there. YX also super super sticky. we just moved him from a cot to a bed last weekend.. and goodness.. last night he appeared at my bedroom door 4-5 times asking me to pao-pao him back to his room. i feel so zombified this morning. but if i sleep with him, he will make a lot of demands.. eh..eh.. one moment want water, then complain about his nose, then ask me to wipe his eyes, then feet pain lah.. all kinds of excuses. i wonder when things will settle to how it used to be..

firipy>thanks. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] donno how the hospital will be like. hope ok bah. anyway, don't have to pay anything there so mai hiam buay pai. :p

I tell Alden to come out quickly everyday. Hope he'll listen to me!

ET>wah, the pillows sound like a good deal

cocomama/geraldine>your little ones so sweet. Ayden tends to ignore me unless he wants something from me. but its v sweet when he hugs me to sleep [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cocomama>think he's insecure in the new bed. Hope he adjusts soon

lsntyl> i'm not sure if it's the bed because he was also doing the same with his cot sometime after CNY. he would climb out of the cot and at times, refused to sleep in it. that was what prompted us to switch him to a bed. i guess he probably need some time to get used to the changes.

TYL,

hee.. so cool for Alden's Birthcert to have the words "Born in USA".

aiyo. i'm having hard time these days to put the boys to bed. they always wanna sleep beside me and dont wanna sleep in their own bed. somemore #2 wan me to pad him, but then he kept turning ard. very difficult to pad him like tat lei.. then if dont pad, he will wanna squeeze beside me and snatch pillow with me. even to the extend of push me away from the pillow. *faint

Thanks Firipy, CocoMama, ET, TYL & Megan!

Congrats Febie!!!

I'm so looking forward to downloading cos t2 is in my ribs!!!

Anw hubby & I decided to let d same nanny take care of t2 after my maternity ends cos after all, we know we can trust her. Just that we will have to bear with the travelling. Good thing is Terilyn has settled down at CC more or less.

Now we are just praying our BTO completes faster so we can have our own place to call home.

Jiayou for all the mommies here.. Preggies especially!

cocomama>think he's just manja wants to spend time with you. this morning, Ayden kept pulling at me with both hands until I put my arms around him then he happy. maybe they can sense that their exclusive time with us is ending...

redtea>ohh, donno what his birth cert will say... its troublesome to apply sg citizenship for Alden! There are tons of papers to fill in and still need to take photo, etc

lin>I know exactly how you feel. I'm even getting some heartburn which I seldom get but haiz, donno when Alden wants to come out...

Hi mummies,

more info on the class outline for the Little Genius class :

Little Genius Class (Mandarin)

Duration : 1.5hrs / 90mins

Day : Sat

Time : TBC (there's a open slot at 4.30pm now)

Location : BLK 163 Bukit Merah Central, #03-3569, S’pore 150163

Cost per student : $31.50 + $10 material cost = $41.50 (provided can get at least 5 students)

Class outline :

10mins : Introduction songs

20mins : Go into the main topic (e.g. Fruits) - recognise words, drawing, reading

20mins : Songs & Dance

10mins : Games (finds words etc)

15mins : Story telling, answer questions

10mins : Revision / review what is being taught in class

5mins : Good-bye songs

Total : 90mins class

They will follow daily necessities & have a subject/topic every class.

E.g. topic Fruits - student will learn about Apple, Banana, Watermelon etc thru flashcards and recognise the words.

They will also teach about manners like using 'Please', 'Thank you' & 'You are welcome' etc.

90mins class will comprise of movement, songs, art & craft, drawing, imitation / acting, games, etc.

U can choose to register at which centers after the trial class but teachers are different.

Overall guidelines are the same but each center has their own speciality.

Bukit Merah has invested and developed on some new contents, the intellectual property belongs to this centre which might not be available in other centres. Basically teachers are good in all centres thou.

Anyone keen plse PM me your details (name of parent, contacts, child's name & DOB of child) ?

Thks !

good morning mummies... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hey hey Firipy, thanks for sharing.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lin, thank you. You too small size so baby in your ribs area now.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] what's the gender?

TYL, so has Alden show signs that he's arriving?

Any mummies has set up playgroup and bring kids to Fidget, those indoor playground? I'd like to join. I have my own transportation as well. PM me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

gd day mummies...

no one comes here anymore?

so quiet...

today LIN's prince arrival... nice date... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hello mummies...

febie> i still come on and off.. would be nice if our thread becomes active again.

anyway, YX was hospitalised for bronchitis on Monday and got discharged yesterday, but he is still on nubelizer 4 hourly. i was shocked beyond words when the PD said he needs to be admitted. needless to say, he is sticky and keeps looking for me (kind of weird when i am the one who smack him the most). but that boy didn't show any sign of the seriousness of his condition as he was still happily running here and there. thankfully, the mei-mei is guai-guai inside despite all the stress that i was going through.

Lin> have a smooth delivery and speedy recovery.

lsntyl> any signs at your side?

Alden arrived this pm. waiting for them to bring him back. resting now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cocomama YX has history of bronchitis?

He will be fine real soon since he's still active.

S like YX also sticky despite lots of scolding and smacking from me too... Guess mei mei enjoys hearing korkor's voice thus behaving well too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Congrats TYL on Alden's arrival.

Share birth story of 2nd one huh. And we can't wait to see his pics too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

Ya hope this thread comes aLive again...

Our overseas mummies like jesSie, lamb, panda all missing Liao.

I go to sept thread too but they prefer to chat on fb rather than forum. And kind of depressing and most of us are in trim 1 and already 4 mums mc... Rather sadden by it.

febie> he doesn't have a history. his nose is a little sensitive due to humidity and dust, but that's about all he gets. a little runny sometimes when the weather is humid. so you can imagine my shock when PD said he has bronchitis. apparently, it's very common for kids to be hospitalised here. when we asked a few questions at the hospital, they asked whether this is his first time being admitted. i means he's only 2 years old. is he supposed to be a seasoned hospital patient? then we found out that his roommate at the hospital who is a few months older than YX, has been admitted 3-4 times for the same condition. oh boy...

As sad as a mc is, it is better to happen early in the pregnancy rather than later. it would be much sadder then. it might sound harsh, but if the feotus is not fit to survive or the pregnancy is not viable, then mc is nature's way of ending it.

TYL, Lin

Congrats! Welcome to the mom-to-2 club! Rest well.

cocoMama

Oh poor YX! How did he get bronchitis? That's phlegm in the lungs right? So poor thing right kids who get hospitalised often? I know of some kids who have to go thru that & i can't imagine how it'll be like [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Good to know you're holding on well. It's stressful but mummies gotta be strong creatures. Good little sister YX has...as cool and composed as mummy.

Febie

You're preggy too! Congrats dear!

Don't feel too sad about reading the MC . Focus on your own well-being ok.

TYL, Lin - Congrats on the arrival of your #2! Take care and restw well too!

Febie - Congrats to you too!

Cocomama - Hope YX gets well soon. I know it's super stressful, but take moments to relax k.

I also wonder how is lil lamb, jessie, and many other mummies...

I am now really scare of hearing the news about HFMD. So scary. So many cases and it seems like its all the 'better known' preschools that got it. I thought they would have been more careful about such issues.

cocomama, hope YX is better now!!! you take care too!

wow lin n tyl both deliver same day! congrats!

big foot...you the HFMD so scary ah. better dun go those crowded playground too much too!

smalldreams> bronchitis is inflamation of the membranes in the airways. i don't know how he got it either. the PD just said that it's in the air. he was having bouts of runny nose and slight cough on and off for 2 weeks before that. we thought he was having a nose allergy since we just returned from Melaka, and the weather there was rather humid. luckily, he did not have any viral infection. on the hindsight, maybe we should have brought him to the doctor sooner.

it will be so so stressful.. i tell you. even though you're supposed to rest in the hospital, but they come and check on you so often that you hardly get any rest. even though we're back home now, but YX is now sleeping like a newborn, waking every 2-3 hours in addition to the need to nubelize him... oh gosh... i am so shag... and on top of it, work is pretty busy too.

big_foot> thanks. i hope so too... and hope that we will be able to get some good rest soon. his nanny told me that he was a little traumatised by the hospital stay as he would wake up from his nap and cry for me, something that he has never done b4. when we were there, he behaved as though he was on a vacation in a 5-star hotel. the traumatising experiences would probably be when they held him down to draw his blood and the first few times they tried to nubelize him.

talking about HFMD, YX's nursery also has 8 cases so far and luckily the figures have stopped climbing. the first case was reported last Tuesday, after YX went to nursery. and we decided to let him skip school on Thursday and then he got hospitalised on Monday. i just cannot imagine if he were to have combo of bronchitis and HFMD.

seems that the number of HFMD cases reported is already at epidemic level now.

i also wonder whether Yuki has delivered. i remember she's due about the same time as lsntyl.

Yuki has delivered.

Think confinement finished Liao. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I did not read too much into the mc.

But still feels kinda of sad for them cos those mummies have been paranoid since they know they preggy.

Thanks small dream and big foot.

Just back from gynae visit. This is a bad yr to have babies.

Cos I waited super long at the hospital.

3hrs. Even S patiences wear off.

Scanned and see the heartbeat. Lil S was there too.

He mimic the baby heartbeat sound too. Hehehe

Congrats! YL! Nice date, 22nd of Feb, 222 right? Alden must be another handsome boy! How heavy is he? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Hope the gift arrived in time though, supposed to arrive latest by today. :p

megan> thanks. he is much better. saw PD for review today and we can cut down his nubelizer to 4 times a day now... and then slowly to 3 times a day b4 we see her for another review on Tuesday.

febie> congrats to Yuki. is it really a little Yuki this time?

wow.. 3 hrs. Lil S is a patient little guy. YX at most 30 mins already start being disruptive liao. unless there're someone or some toys to play with. i haven't brought YX along for any gynae visit yet cause i usually go during the weekday. but we purposely arranged a weekend appt for the next visit so that we can bring him along. hopefully it won't be a long wait.

you know.. all the talk about low birth rate.. but then there's always such long queues at gynaes and PDs.

cocomama,

We watched Tom and Jerry there...

played with him etc. my mum brought him for a walk too... he's an impatient fella.

Yuki got a prince. another handsome prince.

Hope she dun give up and continue to try for lil Yuki 2 yrs later.

come on, the number of pregnant women this yr is scary. no low birth rate this yr. how i wish mine come next yr. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but reported too early.

I'm sure YX will love to go with you.

bring him. I have to let S follow as he's trying to kick my tummy all the time.

My birth story:

Woke up at 1+am on 22/2 with contractions. Decided to time contractions and tahan till morning.

Morning of 22/2, had a muffin and tea before going to the hospital.

Checked in hospital around 9+, gynae said already 4cm dilated.

Around 2+, 10cm dilated so gynae broke water bag.

Bb came out at 2.57pm

cocomama>hope YX gets better soon.

who will be taking care of him while you are in the hospital? Thankfully, Ayden was ok with my 2 mothers when I was at the hospital. Just discharged today and noticed he's a bit jealous when I try to feed his brother. So have to continue to reassure him. He's thankfully ok with sharing his rocker with his brother though

lin>congrats on your handsome son

Pauline>thanks! your presents for the boys are so sweet, esp the jacket.

febie>donno if its the dragon year but I hear a lot of stories of miscarriages, bad oscar results etc. Several of the Feb mommies had miscarriages and heard a May mommy just miscarried at 25 weeks. read her story really v sad for her [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Congrats lsntyl! Happy for you. Hopefully he elder adjust well to the newborn. I am kind of worried too for my elder. Somdar he has no clue.

Bit of hijack this thread as I used to be feb 2010 and now march 2012. Waiting for the big day now. Hi to all mummies here.

Hi mommies, I'm checking out of PEH later.

Congrats TYL! Hey, same dob for our boys!

Wonder if u bought 4D for 2202? MiL striked starters. Hahaha...

Confinement begins. I hope I'll b able to cope with t1 & t2 at the same time. Temporary arrangement this wkend is to leave t1 @ MIL's.

Engorgement edi started cos my BM supply kicked in b4 baby is ready to feed so much.

Hubby is bz w work so I shall take things as they come.

Hi all, morning my lil A wants didi n most prob he got it. I got no fate to buy cute pink skirts n stockings.....cocomama, hope yx recover asap. I bought a neuberliser to plc at hm cos he is so prone to congested airways but nt asthma...

Congrats to Lin! wow! ur boobs very effective and works very efficient lei. i Like. hehe..

firipy,

gender confirmed already??

JTS: Pigeon bottle promo

old bottle exchg for new bottle at 1/2 price @ Istean. no limits of bottles for exchg. promo till early march.

Yl, u r welcome. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] just wanted the littles one to have a warm

N toasty winter In NY since it will be their first winter. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

red tea, thanks for sharing... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

only BPA bottles or all kinds?

red tea:i got the latest pigeon BPA free bottle.RP $19.90

but its not v good as compared to the old 1..there's residue(oil stain from milk) trap along the side of the bottle.

Hi mommies!

Jus wondering if ur LOs started doodling / drawing?

What is a better choice between color pencils & crayons?

If crayons then what type is better? Wax or 'clay' type?

I c the ones being used at CC is the 'clay' type and seems messy as it gets under the children's nails.

Thinking of buying some coloring tools for t.

Back