(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

RedTea

LOL... U so funny. Anw I hope my BM supply will continue cos I plan to stop when I go back to work so now I can pump how much I will pump. Let t & t2 share. Hahaha..

Avent bottle trade-in / Taka Baby Fair 2012

Any promotions going on for this? No news so far on baby fair at Takashimaya... Anyone has any 'insider info' when it will be held?

lin,

I bought crayola for Shayne.

Those wax kind, colour pencil, magic ink and hand paints...

his cc teachers exposed them to all these so I follow. he enjoys them. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Febie

Isn't hand paint v messy? I wanna get t d less messy medium.. Haha.. Lazy to clean up aftr she do her art.

HPV vaccination (against cervical cancer)

Anyone has gone for it? Not sure if it's necessary or safe...

sharlene,

Is it? Hv not used the new ones yet.

Lin,

y stop after going back to work. wasted lei. continue la. but pump less time.

crayon; i kept away from my kids. cos of the fingernail issues. :p

RedTea

My ofc only has a server room for me to pump.

Plus I have to take care of 2 after confinement nanny leaves I really don't dare to imagine what will become of me.

How do mommies of 2 or more manage?

Frankly I am considering ligation. V scared of having more kids

Lin - Clay crayons are not as messy as you think. I got the Crayola ones. Quite ok and easy to clean if Bryan draws on the floor and table. Just use a wet cloth or use wet wipes to clean up. Occassionally he has long nails too, but I don't find it an issue. For the wax ones, Bryan breaks them for me, so unless you buy those more hardy ones. I cheapo la, got the wax ones from Daiso.

Febie - How do you find the use of the handpaint? I am super reluctant to let my naughty fella try it. I recently bought the pot version from Crayola, but dare not show him either. Super scare that he will mess the house.

Lin,

ok lah... I have a pail beside for him to wash his hands lor... he had fun...

i squeeze the hand paints on paper plates and draw with him... threw all away after the fun... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

easy and not too tiring for me... although dun save the earth lah...

Lin, I pumped in the toilet lor... dun give up if supply good... I only pump once when in office... at home just latch lah... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lin, you still young, doc wont perform Ligation.

Big foot, i bought those in tubes...

i sit down and dirty my hands together with S...

we had fun and he enjoyed...

I do tell him that he cant touch anything when we paint... cos his daddy will kill us...

and we normally do these when daddy is not home... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so that he dun get freak up and spoilt our fun... :p

Febie

U r right. I ask gynae & she said maybe wait another 3-5 years then consider.. I think about future cost & the stress of another responsibility I am scared. Think 2 is terrific for me.. And I'm thankful I have a pair now.

U make hand painting sound like so much fun!

I think I shall start with stamps, stickers & crayons first [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

By d way, anyone interested in new hairdo?

Anyone interested in groupon deal expiring May 21st 2012 for :

Value : $230 Pay only: $48

Hair perming OR rebonding + wash + blow + Shiseido water hair spa treatment

Choose from 5 perm options:

Normal

Ceramic

Digital

Japanese

Korean 

Valid for all hair lengths.

Available at 3 locations:

36 Holland Drive 01-07, Tel: 6775 9390

347 Bukit Batok Street 34 01-256, Tel: 6560 3217

642 Bukit Batok Central 01-50, Tel: 6560 3368 

Call respective outlets for appointment.

Please PM me. I bought this last year.. Decided not to go now so would like to transfer to someone else.

aiyoh, the boys are so tiring. After I've settled one, got to settle the other.

lin>how is Terilyn with her brother?

Febie - yea, we tend to do a lot of funny things when daddy is not at home and yes, I'll try the paint this weekend when daddy is at work. Hope the lil fella can really abstain from touching anything else at home.

Tyl - I admire or should say pei fu you mummies with more than 1 kid to manage and still have to work. Take care and rest as much as you can too.

Last night when Bryan saw a tv advert on macdonald, he instantly told me "eat French fries" and at the end when he saw a burger, he told me "I like". I was pretty stunned for a moment cos it has been a long time since we brought him to any fast food outlet for such things and burger was barely in his radar zone then.

no prob mummies...

kids enjoy doing things we enjoy...

so must show them u are having fun too...

big foot just tell bryan that he's not allow to walk ard lor... prepare a pail of water for him to wash his hand and a cloth to wipe....

normally w daddy at home, Shayne cant do art and craft... he can only read story books or play with his toys...

daddy scare messy and he dun even like Shayne to self-feed lor... But i must say he self-feed well and only likes to play with his food when he is full...

TYL,

wait till ur #2 can play with #1. worst! they fight play fight and run around. keke...

mine is like tat now. play and fight. hit each other when they dont see eyes to eyes. haha...

but at least they hv each other to play with.

febie,

better do some research b4 u do ligation. read from the forum that there're same side effects. i read liao oso dont hv the thought of doing liao :p

TYL

Terilyn is curious but doesn't really bother Titus. Probably cos he is sleeping most of the time. Now she stays over at MiL's most nights so her daddy & I can rest.. However, she doesn't like me breastfeeding or pumping cos she thinks it hurts me & she cried. Hahaha...

angtay, not i wanna do ligation... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

TYL, hang in there...

You can do it... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lin, I cant imagine I have to send S somewhere else to stay.... he has been with me since birth... and i doubt he will be able to slp without me...

Ya. Actually been reading up on all the methods of family planning/ birth control... All sounds scary lah. Even taking contraceptives got so many side effects. Haiizzz... Don't know how leh.

lin>ask hubby to get vasectomy instead. At least that's reversible. :p

Ayden has been with me almost every night since he was born. Now, I sleep sandwiched between the 2 brothers. Bedtime is more chaotic now but all of us still sleep together. We normally put Alden to sleep, then settle Ayden.

Ayden initially didn't like me to breastfeed Alden too. But he's ok with his didi now. Even gave his didi many kisses yesterday. More kisses then he's given his father and I for a long time! :p

redtea>when the fighting period comes, it means no more nite feeds. Can't wait for that :p

TYL

I think men associate that with killing their manhood... At least in Asian countries. Hahaha...

Yup should take some time for d older child to understand what is going on. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so far ok except for when baby cries at night.. Which can be disruptive to t's sleep cos we share a room at night too.

lsntyl> YX will stay with his nanny when I check into the hospital. Alden looks like his kor-kor as a newborn.

lin> i intend to ask DH to go for vasectomy. when i mentioned it to him, he was a little shock. will see how things go, but definitely not taking any chance of having #3. parenting really need tons and tons of patience...

cocoMama

Ur hubby is receptive? vasectomy got any side effects? I'm so sure my hubby will not agree..

Actually I'm quite stressed lately plus confinement cos my cf nanny is only 7+am to 7+pm. So at night i'm handling baby myself since hubby also works late & is beat when he returns hm.

That is d time Titus is damn fussy, keep making noise while sleeping like he is hungry but when I latch him on he falls aslp.

I am so tired in the morning but can't nap during daytime.

Lin - Oh no! Can your cf stay a little later, like till 10pm? At least you have another pair of hands for a longer period of time. On the topic of vasectomy, my hubby is pretty receptive about it. He suggested it last time, but if really ask him to do it, I am not so sure if he will action though.

Mummies here, do any of your tots suddenly wake up and ask for milk after a long period of sleeping through? I don't know what's wrong with Bryan, but he insisted on having milk at like 2+ to 3 am these few nights. He will whine and cry till he gets his milk, and he will really finish his whole bottle of milk. I am so feeling like he is going back to those pre-tots days.

Elynn

Our arrangement is made for such timing.. But she charges cheaper so ya. Have to manage lor.

No night feed with my elder one.. What time does Bryan take his last milk/ dinner? Maybe he is having growth spurt & really is hungry? Terilyn usually takes her milk before bed & goes to pee so she sleeps throughout d night.

lin>my hubby said he'll go for a vasectomy so no chances of #3. cannot tahan another one. 2 is more than enough for us. Alden has a bad habit of falling asleep while drinking then waking up once I put him in bed for more. v tiring. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

cocomama>that's good. At least YX will be with someone familiar.

bigfoot>maybe you need to increase his milk? Ayden will drink his milk before bedtime and sleep through the night

YL, jia you! Initial period will be tough cos the two bros only 25 months apart ya so both need your attention. At least you suffer at one shot. That's how I comfort myself since my 2 gals are only 22 months apart. RA was even more blur when Mei Mei was born. Whenever I need to BF RL, she will come into my room to talk to me or whine for my attention. Had to tahan the 3 hrly latches throughout the day and night pumps too.

But before I realise, my no. 2 already 27 months, running around. So fun to see the two sisters play together. RA will pretend to cook, then feed RL then RL will pretend to eat. haha. ;)

lin> he was the one who suggested it initially, but when i told him to go do it, he became a little hesitant. i'm not sure whether it's reversible, but i know that it's a quick 20-mins outpatient procedure.

btw, r u still looking for a nanny? someone just contacted me regarding the availability of a nanny at Eunos Cresent. if you're keen, i can pass you the contact.

big_foot> perhaps try to increase his daytime food? YX's sleeping pattern is haywire these days. He can wake up 2-3 times a night, but not to look for milk. mostly, to look for me and sometimes he will ask for water. maybe he's training me for all the night feeds... but really shag out when i still have to work the next day.

lsntyl> yeah.. hopefully he will be ok.. because these days he has the tendency to keep looking for me. nanny said sometimes he would wake up from his nap and cry for me, which has never happened before. maybe he can sense that the competition is coming.

cocoMama

We decided to put Titus with Terilyn's nanny when my ML comes to an end. Although it means travelling back & forth, at least we know we can trust her to take good care of Titus & MIL's hse is nearby so if anything she may help out too. Thanks for asking me tho! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Now confinement everyday I am surfing for sprees... v jialat spend $ even before my pay comes in! :p

Hello mummies!

Has been a longgg time since l last post n great to know mummies n todds r doing well. Yes, I delivered didi on 27 Jan n Chris promoted to big bro.

It has been a challenging preg coz I had preterm labour since 28 wks n the worry of preterm delivery drained me totally. Spoke to BB everyday n he is really a gd boy, came out at 36wks, 3kg. The delivery process was drama too. Saw gynae during regular visit n realized alrdy 7cm dilated. Went back office to finish my work n walked to delivery suite. No further dilation coz BB was 'diagonally' head down. Gynae had to manually position BB, broke my water bag n finally, BB out in less than 1 hr. Was told by the nurses not many Drs have such skill to turn BB n mummies usually ended up Csec.

BB is now 6wks old but coz not full term, he is still slightly jaundice. I feel guilty n sorry for not able to carry him full term.

Definitely not easy to handle a 25mths old todd n a NB. Almost lost my sanity. Kudos to mummies who had gone through this phase. Mummies who r preggy, pls enjoy every moment now. Sleep n rest as much as u can!

Both hubby n I decided to stop at 2. No way we can handle 3 kiddos. He is open to vasectomy n I m exploring other options we have when I c gynae next wk for review.

Both hubby n I are black panda now. He is v hands on, took leave to be my confinement nanny, bath for gor gor daily n didi on weekends n look after the 2 kiddos at nite.

Hello Mummies!!

*Wave, wave* Trust everyone is doing great! Suddenly realise I haven been here for a while hahahaha...

TYL: i am also very worried cause Shernise still wakes up for her night feed.. Somehow, it cut down to one feed but at times, she still wake up for 2 feeds.. Wonder how if number two does the same.. Will probably have to probably pass one of them to my helper.. cant imagine having to cope with 2 night feeds and still to wake up to pump

Yuki: ya, u super stylo lor.. but no contraction pain at all? I believe u did not take epi this time round hahaha.. I always wonder if taking care of 2 girls will be easier as compared to 2 boys hehehe

Lin> Terilyn started a full day CC?

Sherry,

Actually I felt some pain over CNY, I thought I over ate for CNY n was normal tummyache. My mucous plug dropped w/o me realizing it too. Exactly same as Chris 2 yrs ago.

Talking abt epi, it was so funny. I didn't feel much pain so wanted to wait n decide later. But the anaesthestist pinned me down on bed n gave me epi. I knew this dr from work n since he's doing foc for me, I ended up with epi again. No regret coz the pain was unbearable when gynae repositioned BB n waterbag broke.

So is Shernise having a didi or meimei? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I m blessed Chris had stopped nite feed since 1 yr old n sleeps through from 10pm to 7am w/o milk feed. Now just need to bf didi.

wow Yuki so lucky...

At least Chirs is a good boy...

I think Shayne and Shernise being one day a part only, pattern same same. still wakes up for night feeds.

i dunno if i can tahan after 2nd one arrived.

wonder if i can bf as long as possible.

Your gynae is really experience huh... he can repositioned bb. and make the nurses go awe...

yuki> congrats!! wow.. that was a close call yeah.. being unaware that you are already 7cm dilated. luckily all goes well.. your DH is really very hands-on.. can even be your CL. looking forward to see some pics here. what is didi's name?

sherry/febie> i was worried that a girl might be more difficult to handle in the initial stages cause girls tend to be more manja... but now YX also getting very manja.. he stopped night feed when he was 9 months and has slept thru from 8+ to 7 since then, except for the occasional night wakings... but lately, aiyoh... almost like a newborn waking every 2-3 hours to look for me and to ask for water. really headache... and wonder how to break this habit.

Yuki> Hahaha.. still cant tell the gender cause this baby seems pretty active.. was kicking happily non stop when I did my scan last week so as much as gynae wanna help, he cant really see it with that super active pair of wu ying jiao hahahaha.

Gonna wait for my next visit on the 28 March and Detailed scan on 2 April..

CocoMama> I was thankful Shernise was a really easy baby except for the part on night feed.. She is getting more manja probably she sense the presence of another BB? Sometimes, its really very 'fan' cause she will always wanna be carried when i am around.. But my hubby is so jealous hahahah

cocomama, since you got 2 more months, keep telling your babe that she muz be well behave etc... they will understand... hahaha...

I rem i used to tell that to Shayne when he was in my tummy...

Sherry, another active baby in the making huh...

think influence by Shernise's dance moves... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cocomama, Lin, Tyl - Bryan's dinner is usually about 7.20pm, and last milk at 9+pm just before sleeping around 10. He has been in this mode for months, but suddenly he just started his night requests. Gave DH and me a good shock.

I think it must be growth spurt which I didn't realise cos last night, he had dinner at about 7.30pm, and at 8+, he asked me for milk which I rejected him. Then, he asked me for banana, strawberries which I have none at home. He ended up with a yogurt and a small chiffon cake. After that, he stood on his high chair and told me the ultimate "mama, rice! I want rice!" I stared at him in shock and told him there was none left. Well, not to end off with his usual milk of about 180ml before sleep too. He got to be eating his mummy poor these few days.

Yuki - CONGRATS!!! Finally see you online. You are really power to not realise you are already 7cm dilated. The last time when I was at 6 cm, I thought I was passing out already. Hee. Hope Chris is coping well with didi too, and kudos to ur hubby for being so hands-on and coping well too. Rest as much as you can ya.

cocomama - I think YX will be better once no#2 pops bah... cos now he still can't figure out as another physical baby in the house? Yes, I think he is definitely training you for night feeds again. I read that kids can pick up all kinds of signals from adults, be it in verbal or non-verbal manner and react accordingly.

elynn

Terilyn also snacks alot throughout the day.. I make sure she takes proper snacks & not junk food. So long as you don't think Bryan is over eating should be ok.

Sherry

Yup. Terilyn is in CC full day since Jan... She seems to enjoy it & her teachers simply adore her. Was thinking of switching CC initially when she turns 2.5yo in Aug to another CC closer to home.. But now I kinda changed my mind since she is so happy.

After no. 2

I think most mommies share the same sentiments.. 2 is enough. The 2 years gap between my kids seems so appropriate I didnt expect to be so stressed with the arrival of a 2nd child. I really wonder how other couples do it.

sherry> i also find #2 much more active than YX. YX was so gentle compared to #2. in the initial stages of my pregnancy, YX was also pretty manja, it tapers off for a while and now it's back in full force... haizzz...

febie> feeling rather guilty that i have not been 'bonding' with the bump as much as i should. work is very busy lately and with YX being a handful, i am always exhausted. gonna bring YX along for the checkup this Sat.

lin> a good nanny is hard to come by. so, if you have already found one, stick with her. at least will give you peace of mind when you're busy at work.

big_foot> i sure hope so. he is like basking in all the attention that he can get. sometimes i feel so guilty for smacking him, especially when he turns around and give me a sweet smile a little while later.

how about during the day? is he eating well during the day? lunch? snack? can try increasing those?

Lin - I make sure Bryan takes proper snacks as well, and (yes) never junk. He is so into moods nowadays. Somedays he can be eating so much and next day, he simply refuses to open his mouth. Headache.

cocomama - you smacked YX? What was his reaction? I did that to Bryan once and he was extremely upset. Till now, most to most, I will yell at him at the top of my voice. I think he probably thought he has a schizoprenia mummy who will yell at him for 1 min, and smile and play with him at the next.

On his food, I can't control as much cos he is in full day CC. Generally, the teachers feedback that he is eating well and taking more than others but is also selective in what he eats. You just reminded me to check with his teachers again cos they made me pack extra snacks for him everyday as they complained that he was eating so much at 1 stage that they don't have enough snacks for him.

Any mommies using mamypoko XL for ur girl?

I stocked up on a jumbo pack recently but Terilyn is no longer using diapers so I'm looking to sell off or exchange to L size for boys cos not sure if can go back ntuc to exchange size without my receipt. Anyone can advise?

big_foot> i do smack YX, although i'm trying to refrain from doing it often. but these days, with a big tummy, i can easily get very short-tempered. usually he will wail his lungs out.. then i will tell him to stop wailing unless he wants me to smack him some more. so, he will quickly quiet down and it becomes a silent sob. that's when i feel most guilty cause he looked so pitiful. then i will try to explain his wrongdoings and he will say sorry when prompted. then we hug and make up and he will be back to his cheerful self.

Hi all, havnt been in the forum cos came bk fr bkk both me n A sick! I m still having blk nose.... Mum's going hol with her frens tmr. Went for DS ytd n its gonna b another boy! My mum was kinda disappointed but me n hb r ok. Decided watever gender our kids are, it's mostly 2. Unless accident happen which is quite impossible cos we have pathetic lvl of intimacy with 1 kid nt to say 2!

Mommies, anyone use Nan Pro for ur LOs & buy it from

ntuc?

If u don't need ur receipts, please pass to me! Urgent!

Hi All,

How's everyone coping?

Lin can manage with 2 now?

Firipry, take good care...

I'm also down with a super bad flu...

sad to say, i lost my beanie... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

no heartbeat was detected when I went for check up on Monday. Schedule a D&C next monday...

All mummies take care...

Febie

My confinement nanny will b here till next wk so I'm ok for now.

Pray I can cope aftr tt. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Please take care, *hugz*

Back