(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

C.Yang

Yes, unfortunately this is not a dream. I *am* awake.

Thanks for the tips! Shall try when she gets up (which will be soon, whines....)

What product will you be marketing?

Yeah, guess it's not easy to make some changes... you do what's best lor..still have time to consider rite?

Curious tho, what types of helpers are there in dubai?

would you be depending on fellow chinese s'poreans,

or are there FDWs there? I mean, it'll be weird to have

a burqa-ed muslim lady taking care of renee..hee hee...

lamb>looks like you need to bring Nat out more often! Its nice to see them interact with each other,ya? Also helps develope their social skills.

i read before that babies like labels. That's why there are quite a few baby items with taggies to simulate the labels. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] a whole range can be found at www.taggies.com/

Jessie>lol you are so funny in your description. Your nanny is the police ar? :p

melissa>hee, paiseh. I can only take leave on 30 sept. Its also my hubby's birthday so if he can take leave, I'll be bringing him along.

good for you for bfeeding for 8 months. not easy at all. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Happy 8 months to pretty Enxi. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xin>ya, ya. any extra month I can breastfeed is a bonus from now esp when Ayden is so fussy with his feeding.

glad mattias is learning to crawl. Ayden has been doing that too. Maybe on 30th, we can let them have crawling exercise. :p

cheerieheart>yay, glad Kenan pooed. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

the 0.7l tiger jar is on discount at Taka for $49 till end of this month. I feel like a Tiger spokesperson. :p

we used to give Ayden plain barley water without sugar before his jabs. My mom said its an old trick used by midwives to prevent fevers. Since she's a midwife, I just trust her lor. N at least Ayden is not fussy about drinking barley water now.

hee, I gave Ayden a bit of durian yesterday. He was also hesitant at first then sucked my fingers v hard once he realised its quite yummy. After sucking finish, he kept moving his mouth to ask for more. :p

bbin>how did your experiment go?

smalldreams>oh no. hugs. hope aifah gets well soon

think for the puff, easier to get through spree/bp. cos based on what I saw in the spree, shipping is quite expensive. Have you tried the melts?

read that there are filipino maids in the ME. Did you see the horror story where the employer pushed many needles into her maid?

c.yang>hope you get the job! then start worrying about whether you want it. :p

charis>we give Ayden Happy belly banana puff. He likes it but we restrict the amount he gets. Don't want snacking to be a habit.

cheerieheart:

Glad to hear Kenan has pooped! I can sense yr happiness!!! I usu give unsweetened barlay water to my gal on its own, w/o mixing with milk/cereal.

smalldreams:

Hope A recovers soon!

Tam:

I usu given frozen food to Aly but i make it a point to make sure the frozen food not more than a wk long. For porridge, definitely freshly made.

So Shayne is not the one and only that chew on labels... hahaha...

he has lots of friends here who do it...

Cheerieheart, i did not get your email on the info one... but saw that you RSVP with the details I requested for the bash. Are you referring to this?

Ya the medicine too sweet for them to swallow.

They like sweet stuff but overly sweet, they dun like it too...

if he needs 3ml of medicine, add in 1.5ml of water. this is wat i do and Shayne will finish his med...

Xin, Sherry, yes the babies always movitated each other lor... monkey see monkey do...

hehehe... muz let Shayne meet up with Shernise really soon...

Next mon I'm on leave... whoo hoo... :p

hahaha.. can meet can meet...

Cheerieheart: I gave barley water on its own. Yup, i agree that it's not exactly very palatable to drink it unsweetened. Hehee.. but i tot it has more taste than water so i let him try.. but surprisingly ydae a few hrs after giving him that, he had a mega poop! nt sure if it was the barley that did the trick or just a coincidence. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Callalily: Thanks! cos i was wondering for the leek soup n the other dishes u shared here, whether they can be frozen n reheated for later use.. Actually i'm always being 'nagged' at by my mum for freezing the puree for Ryan. Cos to her, frozen food is nt as nutritious as freshly prepared food.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Smalldreams: missed ur posts abt Aifah's fever. Is she better today? hope she gets well soon.

SP, Tammy

Thanks dear

Gosh I'm trying my best to keep awake. Thank goodness no longer fasting so can drink coffee.

Think my girl is down with tummy flu. Runny stools again. should I give her soy based formula? If yes... haiz...really the first time she'll be drinking FM...

here's how she looked yesterday evening.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4499472.jpg]

Jan BB BASH 2011

1. Febie, Shayne 28 Jan

2. bbin2010, zx 28 jan

3. LSnTYL, Ayden 16 Jan

4. Luvbabe, Lucas 18 Dec

5. CY, Leticia 10 Jan

6. bigfoot, Bryan 13 Jan

7. Steph, Caleb 19 Jan

8. meglee, Hue Wen 22 Dec

9. pangpang, Fave 26 Dec

10. melody, Sharlyn 29 dec

11. Wendy, Lucas 22 Jan

12. Jessie, Arwen 31s Dec

13. mstan8888, Chloe 23 Dec

14. ET, Oliver 05 Jan

15. xin, mattias 23 Jan

16. Melgan(momo32) Zoe,1stJan

17. Brainkuku, Willem 13 Jan

18. AG, Caryn 3 jan

19. Wei, Esther 6 jan

20. Yuki, Chris 30 Dec

21. Mindy, Isaiah 9th Jan.

22. Shane, Chloe 4th Jan

23. Yem, Megan 5th Jan

24. C. Yang, Renee, 27 Dec

25. kOONIE, Joey 19 DEC

26. 2005, Yi Yi 12 Jan

27. Sweet, Tristan 12 Jan

28. Gardenia, Isaac 09 Jan

29. Afann , Ashton 19 Jan

30. qx13, Benjamin Seth 21 Jan

31. firipy, Ayden Chan 20 Dec

32. Josie, Bryan 20 Jan

33. cocomama, Yongxian 22 Dec

34. ecookie, yongrui 18 jan

35. v_ni, joseph 7 jan

36. cheerieheart, Kenan 17 Jan (same as mommy!)

37. dolphin, Tristan 7 Jan 2010

38. lyn78, Sergius 26 Dec 2009

39. Sherry79, Shernise 29 Jan 2010

40. Rina Foo, Kristeva 31 Dec 2009

41. SH stonelamb, Jun Kai 6 Jan 2010

42. Lin (wakakami), Terilyn 1 Feb 2010

43. Bebecraze08, Jia Jia (Joey) 28 Dec 09

44. blueberrypie, Andrea 21 Jan 2010

45. Fatbabe, tytus, 24 Dec 2009

Dear Mummies interested in the Jan Bash

Date Set for BASH: 30th Jan 2011, Sunday

can you please email me at [email protected]

with the following details:

1) Nick:

2) Actual name:

3) Name of LO:

4) DOB of LO:

5) Email:

6) mobile no:

7) No of people attending: (Eg: 2A+1bb+2siblings)

8) if your LO has siblings who will be joining us, name and age pls.

We want to ensure that we have a big space for all and not overcrowding…

And we also wants to ensure that our food caters to the siblings too.

And also we need to plan some programs too.

Hi We are looking for a spacious function room at condo to help minimize cost incurred, if anyone of you here live in a condo which have spacious function room, can help?

Thanks a million

Lsntyl: my girl LOVES the taggies blanket. :) She loves to chew on the label. ;-)))

Lamb: doesn't mean that I am not excited to see my girls meet their milestones. I am thrilled when I see they can do new things. ;-)

The AK' salmon recipe has cheese, I am not intending to give cheese at this age for my girl. ;-) So maybe I just steam and let her to have the juice. ;-)

Why you don't want to give salmon to Nat now?

Tam:

that's the folks for you. i get nagged at to death too.but frozen food if stored properly will is ok cuz it locks in the nutrients. Depends on wat is more impt to u if u have no help at home. For me, spending quality time interacting with my gal is more impt than leaving her alone just so that i can prepare freshly cooked food for her[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

blessedbaby>hee, maybe I should dig up the taggies blanket ayden's grandma made for him. He might like it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

smalldreams>she looks so sad. hope she gets better soon.

Febie : Email you my details for the bash!

smalldreams : Aww...... poor Aifah.. just give her more diluted bf milk, no need to start on soy . Really hope she will be okay soon..

Hi all, hooked on tv so nvr log in, so many posts n can't catch up...

tyl/febie, my boy doesnt kiss us back till nw, only knows hw to rub nose or suck our faces like "vampire" I dunno if this is his way of kissing us...I m still waiting for him to kiss us back properly.

tags: Ayden has always been into tags, those soft toy tags have interest him more than the soft toy. My cousins still say he wanna check if its authentic ah ahahha

I m also guilty of bring Ayden to malls or plcs that has lots of ppl like chinatown.....tink I must bring him go parks/gardens ald n also maybe to beach for picnic. nw that the 7th mth is over, I can bring him go swim again!

firipy>love that photo of ayden09 with the slicked back hair. so funny. :D

haiz, ate a lot of snake today. Back to work! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

smalldreams > hope Aifah gets well real soon! You take good care of yourself too!

Xin > seems like I got to miss gathering at your place again. Just saw the 30th gathering, and my colleague wants to take leave on the same day... Thou' we don't cover for each other, but my boss is super scared when both of us are out together.

callalily, lil_lamb > think both of you mention about using gina ford's recipes... Do you buy the books or got the recipes online? I am trying to hunt it down online, but can't seem to get it unless I sign up as a member at GF's site.

tags: gosh, Bryan loves to suck those tags as well. He can use that as a replacement of his pacifier.

c.yang > you are not the only one who cook the tofu in porridge. I do that too! Cos worried that Bryan can't stomach the cold food and I am a bit more kiasu cos I am worried that if chilled food from factory might not be 'clean' enough for his tiny tummy.

melissa > give En Xi sometime to adjust to IFC cos there might simply be too much simulation there for here for a start. She will slowly soak in to the sleeping habits and all, but have to warn you that from time to time, they will still get their schedule haywired in IFC.

blessedbaby, TYL

Yeah, I find it so amusing that babies like to play with boxes, tags, rather than the toys itself! Hehee.

TYL, Jessie

Ya lor, she looked so sad in the photo ya? I thot so too. She'd look at us with her round dyes. pity her. But nehmind, there's a Chinese saying, with each illness, a child grows stronger. I sure hope so.

Elynn

Thanks, hope yr little B gets well soon too.\

Oh has anyone given those Mr Bean tauhuey to yr LOs? Too sweet or not uh?

bigfoot>I feel like a spokeperson for NLB too. :p

check out the libraries if you need to look for recipes! I did a quick search on their catalogue and gina ford titles for baby food that are available include:

Top tips for fussy eater

Feeding made easy : from weaning to school : the ultimate guide to contented family mealtimes

I'm surprised that Gina Ford has touch and feel books too!

smalldreams>yes, she will get more immunity against those pesky bugs. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I've not given Ayden toufu yet. personally, i find tauhuey v sweet

smalldreams > i hv not even thought of the Mr Bean tauhuey idea... I tink you can buy without the sugar syrup and that should be ok cos its just like eating hot tofu (that's my perception!)

tyl > I eat snake on and off too by coming into this forum. Better don't let my boss or my IT track the IPs and find out about it if not this site will be ban soon.

Cheerieheart,

Hee... Glad he managed to poo big time. The feeling of seeing so much shit is better than striking 4D right?? Since avocado works for him, u can continue giving as I read somewhere it is one of the best fruit to give to babies.

smalldreams, my boy is a big fan of bags n plastic bags, he always dig into our bags in the car!

tyl, I find it so weird la, cos after he bathe, mil comb his hair n my bil took it, machiam he use those green hair wax ahahha

tyl > i have 1 of these weaning books with recipes at home too, but love to look at others for reference... though I only have chance to cook for him on weekends. So poor Bryan has not tried and tasted a lot of other things that LOs here have. Other than that its the IFC giving me shocks when they gave him things that I have not, like bread and oats.

firipy, tyl > Bryan loves the sounds created by plastic bags too, but I keep all these out of him at all cost due to his mischievous nature. He just managed to tear the plastic bag (cos there's a hole) to get his new soft toy out on his own last weekend.

christine > did your bb throw the food out, as in literally spit it out, or push it out with her tongue? Cos for the 1st time, they will not know the motion and reflex, thus causing food to get pushed out all the time. Start slow and maybe you want to try the food yourself 1st cos maybe it's the taste, like too sour, too sweet, etc.

Bigfoot, babies can eat bread n oats ald. Dun worry too much. Tink 6 mths old can eat, of cos plain ones nt with pork floss or sausages haha.

firipy > Hahaha!!! I will be so happy the day he can eat those fanciful breads, then we will both be 'bread-fighting'. I guess I am just paranoid (which my eye surgeon said so) cos IFC tend to introduce him to new things (esp at the start) and its like 1 new item everyday initially.

bigfoot>oats are ok lah. ayden really loves his happy bellies oat cereal. so much that my mom actually called me up this morning to ask me to order more of it cos its rare for him to sit quietly and makan his food these days. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

but I haven't given him bread cos not sure about the additives in it. prob intro to him at a later stage.

big foot:

I bought Gina Ford's Little Baby Book of Weaning. It's an excellent book, my 3rd bible!!! I refer to it religiously on wat to feed, how to feed, how much milk & solids to give etc[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. Unfortunately, Gina Ford's forum & stuff r NOT free. She puts up case scenarios and then entice u to sign up to b member!!!

big foot: she vomit out, sigh.

i tried cereals le. 1st time, i gave her sweet potato puree, maybe she dunno how to swallow, hence throw out those few mouthful she ate.

Then i tried Nestle Cereals with FM/BM. Apparently, she is still ok with it. Took her 3 mths to finish that small tin. Then my mom wanted her to try on porridge. Only 2 spoons, and she vomit everything out. Subsequently, she refused cereals. until recently she did ate some. So i wonder how u mommies intro food to LOs.

Christine

Hi, Im aug bub 09 mommy. I started from Healthy Times Cereal. I feel it's a gd start cos it still contains the familiar taste of milk for them. If nt, start with fruits. My daughter started with pear, apple. The friendlier on tummy fruits. Blended porridge can look q pastey right? Maybe dont start with porridge so soon. Or dont blend it. Cook it till its cantonese style. Trial and error slowly. But the impt thing is to stimulate the interest in them to try new food.

Salmon

My daughter loathes it. But, if ure looking at recipes without salt/cheese, etc. Try this blog.

www.littlegastronomy.blogspot.com

She has q a gd recipe for salmon.

Salmon + potato + slight butter n cheese = Tasty

The Annabel Karmel's one i have shud b salmon+tomato+cheese with orange juice. *doesnt sound so suitable*

Salmon with porridge and a teeny slice of ginger.

smalldreams,

the energetic bunny is down. hope she gets well soon! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and you, take care, too. late nights don't help... but i know you boh bian.

the job is to 'sell' bread. how cool is that right? I love bread! guess i can choose from a filipino, sri lankan or indian for part time help. i don't think we are ready for a live-in one so won't be importing from SG.

tyl,

they asked me to write my own employment contract! ?!?!? right? I'm not going to do that lah, i'll probably just state my terms and see if they accept it. gotta work around it like i'm a freelance consultant cos my resident visa reads: housewife/not allowed to work.

bigfoot,

hahah. that's what i think too. i'll rinse the tofu and then cook it.

febie,

i'll email our details for the bash soon. 30 jan surely can make it!! yay!

christine,

did you make the cereal and puree thin and runny for the first few times? sweet potato puree can be pastey and sticky if it's thick. that makes it hard to swallow.

c.yang>wah, means you got the job? ask for lots of hols and pay. :p

hee, seriously, if you like the job, can work PT. Gives you lots of satisfaction. But of course, not easy to be a WAHM.

Smalldreams> Hope Aifah gets well soon! You take care of yourself too. I just caught a cold but it got alot worse cos not enough sleep/ rest. Now have to 'ship' Aaron to my mom's for 2 nights camping.

Cyang> I think it's great you've found a job which you are passionate about. I'm a big bread lover too! I eat alot of it and just write off the carbo factor. Sadly I've not come across breads to rave about here in SG though. There are nice ones but not fantastic. I give Aaron the scraps of my white bread i.e. the brown portion cos I don't like those. He laps it up like it's so yummy..hehe I'm so bad. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jessie> I saw the photo of lil' Kelly and feel very sad for her. There are many unpleasant things going on in the world but it's easy to turn a blind eye and not focus on the unpleasant stuff. I happened to tune into CNN 2 weeks ago and they showed a special report on the ongoing relief efforts in Pakistan. So poor things..the babies and young children. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] It's ironic that they have so much water but none drinkable. Also, I think becoming a mother has changed my perspective on alot of things. I think we and our LOs are all very blessed. We may not have the power to change the world but it's still a good thing to be able to make a positive difference to 1 person's life.

bluemist>definitely. Have you seen the photo of the poor boys in Pakistan that are literally covered in flies? There are so many flies that they can't be shooed away and its dangerous if any of the flies go into their orifices. V sad for them and quite heart-breaking. Makes me want to hug Ayden tight when I see those photos. We're so lucky over here.

On a happier note, Carter's is having a 50% sale. so tempted to join the spree. :p

Gd afternoon mummies!!

My gal sleeping a little extra today, while my #1 is doing some writing and coloring, so I can log in awhile.

Thank u to Pe-ah, LSnTYL..

for the reply on the biscuits!

Im quite apprehensive abt those tiny biscuits, but they melt in the mouth rite?

Cheerieheart..

Thanks..She's ok now..was like tat for 1-2 days.

How is Kenan? Is he learning to stand? Haha.

I like reading your blog..must share more about Kenan..and your life as a WAHM!

SP..

I like Gina Ford's books and routines..though I use them with a open-mind..and try to be flexible. I especially like her Book of Toilet-training..used it with my #1..worked well for us then!

charis>I've only given Ayden the happy belly puffs. They melt in the mouth and he likes them. He tried pigeon's fish crackers too but he doesn't like them though.

charis> hope ur kids get well soon... thr's an organic shop at parkway parade... u free on 30 sep to come my place? mattias can play with yael agn... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

c.yang> i love bread too... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]... can u only work during her naps and after she sleeps?

i v relunctant to start working at hm too... then wont have time to come forum liaoz... haha...

smalldreams> hope aifah gets well soon...

bigfoot> 1 oct u taking leave too right? maybe org another gathering end oct or nov? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Xin..

Thanks fr invite! Oh yes..he jus loves babies and kids his age! Should be able to, as long as the kids are well!

I'll PM u..and u email me yr address okie?

Actually I discovered the shop beside Ya Kun Kaya at T3 sells organic baby food too! And now airport absorb GST til 31 Oct!

Organic shop in Parkway Parade..ok..tats quite near too.

Not easy to be WAHM..with 2 kids for me now..it has been almost impossible!! Haha!!

LSN..

I will look out fr tat in NTUC. Agree on the snacking habit part.

But sometimes giving them lil' snacks keeps them happy and still in the stroller or high chair for awhile rite..hahaha.

charis>yes, I fully agree. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Even my mom who was against the puffs will feed some to Ayden these days.

Think Steph works at the airport. Can get further discount if buy through her, assuming its not too much trouble for her. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

tyl> the boys can really crawl tog on 30 sep... just now he crawl to under my chair to look for me... :p... cant be too engrossed on the comp liaoz...

xin>aiyoh, must be careful wor. ayden likes to crawl at home now and will use the table and chairs to pull himself to standing position. Then will loose balance and hit head on the table/chair. happened twice le.

yest, he crawl to his father and uncle and pull their pants when they came home. so cute. :D

charis: you can try brown rice paradise at Siglap centre. Opens daily.

Xin: thanks...ya have to be careful not to push the poop in. Btw, can I join in the gathering on 30 Sep too?

smalldreams: ohhhh...must be breaking your heart to see A like this. Pray that she'll get well soon! Chase all the bugs away. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cherrieheart: yeah! He pooped! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Emma pooped too. So happy. Hahaha the joys of being a mom.

Back