(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

febie.. oh ok.. my mom just told me to let bb adapt.. so far he's gone swimming 3 times in the pool in cold water. still ok la..

so many mummies staying in sk.. are there other mummies staying in other parts of sg?

swimming

Mommies, do u bring ur LOs to public pools? what about d chlorine? Is it okay to bring @4mths or should we wait till BB is older?

May, i'm at the west. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hehe.

Firipy, will your bb shiver anot? Sometimes i bring my girl to shoppin centre she already feel so cold liao let alone swimming pool water.

yeocouple: 6.5kg is a good weight. Not sure for my boy, bringing him for his jab again tmr marking his 4th month. He's on the 50% percentile although we find him 'bah-bah'.

We got AIA insurance for both our kids since both of us with the same agent for so long. Didn't explore others. 1 for savings and 1 cover hospitalization.

For swimming, I brought my gal to the pool when she was 6mths, think water too cold for her and my hubby was ambitious by dipping her in the pool, she yelled like crazy and for years, we can't shampoo and bathe her by showering over her head! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

So dare not try anything for #2.

agbhahaha...

re: insurance plan...

hmm maybe i can give some advise...i not the sales person but i work in this line..

i think for life plans..TM is not bad...

hospital plan..either take AVIVA esp if you got more kids...coz kids get free cover..if both parents are in it...NTUC oso v competitive..

myself bot from GE...coz since wif them..lazy to change...

bryest, yeo couple,

if the increment is more than a few hundreds...i will go for new job...

i am desperate for pay increment now...v stuck v sian..

now...if got pay higher by $600 will leave liao.

bbchic, TM is from which company one? actually, we r looking for endownment policy to save up for the bb.. anyone can rec? the hospital plan n life policy settled when he was 1mth old aldy..

wah, just saw the proposed education endowment from my insurance agent. 1 year more than 9k. so expensive... whole life for ayden also more than 1k a year. must think hard about it

Steph, Caleb got a good weight mah...

bah bah is good... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I like...

all the babies that day are just so adorable...

Insurance one we bought hospitalisation and education one if i'm not wrong...

My agent told me to buy investment rather then endowment plan to save up for bb.. So his education fund is actually investment plan under my name.. I got AIA for him, bought him Pink of Health plus the investment plan..

May, bb can swim liao ah, i thought got an article to say that chlorine is no good for baby?

ET, is that an investment link life policy or a pure investment policy? how much is it a year?

as for chlorine.. i did read the article. as long as the baby dun drink the pool water and the pool doesnt reek of strong chlorine smell, like some indoor pools got very strong chlorine smell (aka high chlorine contents).. it is relatively safe.

when i swam during my pregnancy, i always see moms bringing their babies down too.

but i was told by the neckfloat seller that the public pool isn't so good.. cos some mummies let their kids poo inside!

Febie:Don't know too...Caleb looked 'beef up' but still within 50% percentile only.

ET: sama sama, we also got him pink of health and another endowment dunno what 21 or 24years one.

TYL:cute!...can i borrow your sophie?

I'm procrastinating at work now after i got news of our bonus payout for FY09 is only 0.75 mth. sian...

Wow, looks like today's hot topic is insurance. We havent bought any insurance for my twins yet .... GULP!!! I really hate thinking/looking at financial products cos my mind really draws a blank. My brain shuts off the minute any financial planner starts talking cos I have zero interest in finances and I find the topic too complicated for my simple mind hahaha.

But looks like I better revisit the idea of getting the babies some form of insurance coverage. Ok better go scroll up thread again and take down notes!!

Yeocouple, my boy only weigh 6.4kg at 4mths.. I think those with low birth weight will always be smaller than the rest of the babies who weigh at least 3kg at birth.. I tell myself it is to be expected... cos he can't suddenly put on so much weight as well mah... He is always on the 25 percentile, except for the 1st month when he was on the 50th percentile... So long as baby is healthy and keeps growing then shld be ok bah...

Melissa, I am on 3wks npl until end of term 2. What do u mean by they will prorate the holidays? How to prorate? As in we are supposed to go back to sch earlier before sch reopens or wat? I am confused... U taking npl? From when to when? Why did u return to sch now since u taking no pay?

steph>not hygienic to lend cos ayden has slobbered all over it or I'll be happy to let your bb try it. :p

chameleon>hee, got photo so we just try lor. :p

hiya mummies

Sherry, Lil lamb

a few nites already my girl awake at 3 am. Magical hour.

chameleon

^5! I also blur when it comes to financial products. Say ya ya ya to my insurance adviser who's my mom's friend. I planned to get it settled before end of maternity, but now still not yet. Haiz!

May

That's gross, moms letting kids poop in public pools? YUCKS! How can like that. At least basic hygiene lah.

Febie

Eh which pool you go, heated some more! You atas lah :p

Steph

The sophie toy is very personal one...how to borrow from ayden...hehehe.. coz babies bite that thing etc. I bought 2 pieces, but from US and my friend just passed it to me. So much cheaper, only about $20+ each. So I guess I'm not eligible for the contest.

TYL

Ayden looks so cute & snug with his fave toys!

smalldreams, yah.. she said she saw it before. Anyway, she rents swimming tubs at $20 per week for people who want their babies to swim at home. It's the same depth as the Hwa Xia one..

but we still opted to bring our bb down to the condo pool since not many ppl use the pool

for those mummies interested to rent the mini pool, can check out http://www.momnbebe.com/

that's where i got zach's swimming trunk and neckfloat

May

where's the fun in swimming at home?! Hahaha..sorry, but i just find it funny.

Moms & dads can't join also mah...

We bring our baby & preschooler to the pool too, so far twice already. Pool is almost empty! And very clean too. not sure abt the chlorine content tho. My girl was busy licking off the float when we went last week. Then yesterday, quite diluted poop...hmmm... she also had mild fever on sat night, and I suspect it was coz she spent a long time in the pool, as it was also a hot & sunny day. Guess we'll stay away from the pool for a few weeks, or go in the evenings when it's not as hot.

chamelon

me also, mind goes blank when look at financial products.

but my simple minded thinking is, for kids, there is no need to buy life insurance, because they are not breadwinner.

But it is necessary to get hospitalisation, as health cost can be v high.

And, if you are spender, buy education endowment plan as forced savings. However, if you are saver type, you might as well save yourself, faster and more flexible.

chameleon> heh u r just like me. my husband does all the listening then give me the summary version, then i ask qns then we decide. heh.

clarissa> as in the pay. for eg. if u work 1/4 of the year, u will only get paid for 1/4 of the holidays. i went back to work cos i didn't want to take so many days NPL and this was the exam period.

furby>but then, if now buy life insurance, will need to pay less in long run cos premiums is much smaller. but this is less critical lah. kids can always buy that for themselves later.

n education endowment plans have better interest rates than savings accounts. esp with the terribly low rates now. if buy investments, risk of losing the amount if investments drop in value.

smalldreams>hee, the photo was snapped by my mom one day. she likes to give sophie to ayden these days and pretend to 'kiss' ayden with sophie. He likes it when she does that lor. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

btw, just received a fb request to add friends from someone I assume is a mom with the initials P W. Can ask who is that? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

May,

TM asia you can actually buy from any independant financial advisors...FYI, i actually can get staff discount if i buy from my own company...but i choose to buy from TM because the yield is slightly higher & more constant over the years plus the premiums are much cheaper...e.g 35% cheaper than top companies...

i agree wif the mummies here...should juz buy a hospital plan...since you dun haf to pay cash, its juz from the medisave,,,its a muz buy...

i buy whole life plan coz it comes wif critical illness cover...s small amount...to start them off at least...

ET,

hmmm...i wouldn't buy a ILP..but again its personal choices....in the industry..they probably get more commission for selling dat...but in the long run, may be good...coz funds return are potentially higher...

melissa, chameleon,

my hubby juz throw everything at me..when it come to finances, bills, everrything...i wear the pants at home..so sad...

TYL, we bought both ILP and life insurance for our 2 gals, cos we have a longer investment horizon. Not so worried if there are ups and downs. But then our premiums are quite low cos single income now, but I figure that it's better to get something than nothing lor. :p

babe>hee, I'm lucky hubby and I plan the finances together. so far, no major arguments but all the bills, etc, will prob be done by me once we have our place.

firipy>have fun taking the photo! still got quite some time before the closing date. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pauline>you bought the plans b4 your family became single income or after? premiums cannot change once the plan has been bought, rite?

firipy,

you used the discount voucher to buy Sophie yeah?? Ayden likes it??..do you haf to pay for postage or they send postage for free??

tytus haf been eating his own drumstick & my fingers for v v long...like v poor thing v hungry like dat...

fatbabe, u not alone la, i also do all the bills, planning myself.. My agent is a personal friend also, so i did get some discount and vouchers when i bought from her, so far her recommendation have been very good so i kinda trust her on this.. :p

babe>my hubby has pushed the task of balancing our financial accounts to me wor. :p but major decisions we still make together lah. think you must be more expert so your hubby ask u to take charge?

Smalldreams, should be same reason as why some parents buy swimming session at Hwa Xia which is even more expensive. It’s very dehydrating for babies to ‘drink’ chlorine water… we usually aim to go to the pool at about 5pm. But weather’s been so unpredictable.

Tyl: I just added you over facebook… how does sophie work? What does it do?

Bbchic: woah.. u r amazing. My mind switches off when it comes to insurance and home loans. I manage the routine stuffs like monthly savings/expenditure.

Steph, yeocouple, Cy, firipy, Jolene: yes, we could do a SK/PG gathering already! We could meet outside, maybe at compasspoint or at one of our place [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Febie: Thanks for the compliments, I’ll tell Kenan and ask him give you a big hug the next time we meet [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my aunt told me to eat lots of sesame during pregnancy, So I ate quite a bit of sesame dessert but my boy’s hair still not as black and thick as Shayne’s!

ET: oh dear, is baby Oliver on milk strike? He doesn’t eat anything else at IFC? Poor thing.. must be missing mommy!!

Chamelon/furby: haha.. my mind also goes blank when talking about financial products. I always leave to hubby to scrutinise. We asked our financial planner to source for the most competitive packages in the market based on our $ plans. So far, haven’t got time to look at her proposals coz hubby been working very late. However, I would consider getting life insurance for my kid coz that would give him a headstart. If buy now, the premium will be very cheap compared to buying it when he is much older. Take it as a gift from parents to child.

About babies swimming, think I read somewhere that it’s better to wait till baby has completed all the major jabs first, which I think is by about 6 months. So that is what we intend to do. But quite keen to bring him to that place at harbourfront centre where each baby gets to swim in their individual pool.

sharon, west is also far from me. anyone stays in tpy/whampoa area?

cheerie, the harbourfront place is under Hwa Xia. It's good to start off your bb there cos got ppl to help your bb wear the neckfloat.. it's quite scary initially but they charge abt 30+ for 1 neckfloat.. so u might want to buy somewhere else after the swimming session.

For mommies who have gotten Sophie for your LOs, could you share some feedback? These days, my boy boy has been drooling a lot and loves putting things into his mouth to bite. Wonder if I should buy him the Sophie. Hm.. I hope the discount we were given from the previous gathering is still valid, coz I forgot about it until now!

May: yes, it's Hwa Xia. I forgot the name. $30 for the neck float?!? So you mean they will make you buy it? I thought they will lend you the float as part of the fees [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Tyl, bought one before n one after. What we did is to half the premium for raeanne's ilp (cos ilp is flexi amount, can even cut to zero n take out $$$) n divert to Mei mei's new ilp. Then bought a new life plan for Mei Mei cos that one much cheaper. I dun believe in endowment policies cos returns too low but I agree, it is safer investment.

The tub is 69 with float n stuff lo. My fren encountered bad exp when they dowan to sign at hwa xi so i ruled the plc out! I got my neck float fr youtbabycanswim.blogspot. They let u try out the tub b4 u buy oso. Friendly couple

How come no Pasir Ris gathering one huh? Lolz!!

How is everyone!!

Wow, everyday topic different, from 钱不够用, to insurance to swimming.

Torres is 4 month old day.

Some said he outgrown the weighing scale. Lolz

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3997516.jpg]

The worried look before the Jab

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3997517.jpg]

Rota virus

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3997518.jpg]

So far so good, his smiling self after the vaccination

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3997519.jpg]

Cheerie: it’s part of the session, u don’t have to pay extra… but the session is like $30 for about 15min. In case u want to buy the float for external use, should buy outside.

Liverpool: I love torres’ outfit and his worried look. It’s the rotarix ar… no wonder can be happy. Haha.

Back