(2009) Twins/ Triplets/ Multiples mummies to be

my feets start to swell now. i can feel my tummy is growing fast. hard to sleep well now.

when did your start to take leave before give birth. My due date is 15 Sept. I was wondering when should i take leave and rest.

Hello mommies,
May I join this thread? I am currently 11 weeks along with twins, I am very worried about the twin pregnancy having premature birth.. I am currently with a doc at Gleneagles, can anyone explain to me what to plan for in case there's premature birth?
Also, how do you get prepared for taking care of twins? I have a 4 year old daug, but am worried about coping with twins ...

Hi YenT,

My maid have no problems taking care of my twins. She can handle them all by herself. She will feed them, bath them, and put them to sleep.
happy.gif
Have you got a maid? How is she? How are your babies?

May I know for twin pregnancy, what is considered normal wt gain for the mother? How many kg per mth?

I don't want to put on too much wt, neither do I want my babies to be underweight
sad.gif

Hi all,

Little Queen, my EDD is 2 Sep, gynae mentioned that we target to deliver (c-sec) ard 38 wks..which shld be w/c 16 aug. i was looking at my leaves n all..n planned to start getting myself off work from 15 june (when im abt 28wks). my boss hasn't got a coverage for me.. i dun mind to rtn on n off to clear some work or do handover latr.... but i tot it would be good to really get some rest soon.
my feets r often swollen aft a day's work...not much walking during work, but sometimes need to stand at printer for awhile to pick up printings..n also getting lunch n all...etc. it's really a strain at my pelvic region too.
plus, my new helper shld be arriving this wk or next.. guess oso can spend time with her n all.

76, my gynae oso frm gleneagles (medical ctr).. i do hv a package for twin pregnancy (it's like $200 more then a singleton).. but not sure what difference the hospital charge for delivery. my gynae actually prac at glenE or mtA.. initially hb & i cant really make up mind which hosp to choose, then 2 wks ago i was warded at glenE cos suspect hv some contractions..n oso gynae said i had some dilation le! so in the end, hb n i tot might as well juz choose glenE, since they hv my records, n also the sisters there quite nice (at least those few i met during my stay la).

bbq, i came across this web.. http://www.indiacurry.com/women/pregcalc.htm but not sure if it's accurate.. haha.

btw, currently, other then my gynae, im oso going regularly to NUH for detail scans.. r u ladies also? (as like other then regular gynae check-ups..also doing more detail scan?) gosh, the $$ involve is...... hoho! -.-"

oh ya.. oso curious to find out abt twin pregnancies..in a sense like... what r their position inside u? mine's like lower left n upper right. is it always this position? or depends? recently, my lower de like keep pulling or pressing or doing watever inside me that it feel kind of painful inside my pelvic area..like (internally) can feel my urinary track or wether it's the intestine to the rectum (whatever it is..).. like inside hv this pulling or pressing sensation... so uncomfortable..n sometimes painful even. any of u hv this experience too?

now.. other than the feet swellings... my hands hvg problem too! =_= especially my left fingers.. all the joints hurts big time! either i cant clench my fist..or close le cant open my fingers! *sobsob* right hand also, but guess not as bad! anyone with such problems too?

):

fat bobo
you are about 27 weeks now? me now week 21. I also go NUH for detailed scans... who is your gynae? I am with prof ng at O&G partners.the positions of my twinnie, also like yours...sometmes up and down, facing each other, then end of the scan, can be facing away from each other...then anotehr day, is breech position.. nowadays, i feel them kicking more often ..my tummy shape like a bit low and sharp...is it normal?

hihi 76,
im with dr gordon tan (joy clinic for women).
haha..ya..basically their position r like lower left n upper right.. but sometimes one of them can be kicking the other in the face.. then..otherwise. bahaha~
i feel that im oso carrying very low.. can feel the pressure n all.. sometimes hb will tell bbs to move up alittle.... but i hv short torso, so arh..if move up too much.. my rib there oso uncomfy..

okie...ya..27wks this wk...will hang in there.

grrrrrr~ i hvnt started buying the stuffs yet..... plus now that i cant stand long n walk much, i really feeling abit gan jeong le.

anyone knows whr we can get a guided list of stuffs we need?
thanx in advance. :)

fat bobo
i also havent bought anything, you think of gettng anything at gss or expo?
Ladies
can i check if it is better to get twin stroller or 2 single stroller? How many feeding bottles to buy for twins and the ml? Do you buy cots and playpens or just 1 type? sorry for so many questions...

Hi 76,

i do have a package with the clinic, but doc haven't decide on the pricing yet, so only paid a deposit.

Like u n fat Bobo, i also have another doc to do the detail scanning for me. Fortunately, i dun have to travel, the doc will come down to the clinic n scan.

Any mummies here can share how to breastfeed both twins?

Hello ladies!

Have you done with your detail scan? Could you share where did you do it and how much it was for twins. My doctor told me it cost about $200 per baby- it's too expensive!?

Annfresh
Have done 2 detailed scans so far, at week 12 and week 18. each scan at NUH about $100+...why is yours so expensive?

wah annfresh.. PER BABY? $200 per baby? so expensive meh? i tink whr depends on whr yur gynae 'hook' on to bah. mine's at NUH..but ok lar.. avg abt $100++ but not so expensive to abt $200 per baby. hehe.

76, we intend to get single stroller.. more spacious for bbs. for those twin stroller, it's more cramp..plus sometimes can be inconvenient leh.. (like some escalator). i tink maclaren has this 'clip' thingy which u can hook the both strollers together if u wan.

hmmmm.. actually i oso wondering.. how many bottles we need for both bbs.
hehe.. actually i oso hv many many qtns de... paiseh! like.. actually hw many set of clothes do we really need arh?
(so sorry oso... first-time mummy.. blur like anything!!!!!)

ladies
Another burning question from me: for cots, what else we need to buy besides bedsheet? comforter need? so hot...heard must buy what bumper..can anyone advise what to buy?
fat bobo
you have msn? can we chat?

76, fat Bobo:

Thank you for your replay!

My doc in Glen Hosp but for detail scan he will send me to other doc be cause he doesn't do this. That's why I try to find some other doc who can do it for me. May I know the doctor's name who did it for you in NUH?
And how much did you pay for package (from 20weeks)? I haven't buy yet but he told me it will be $1000 not includ delivery, is it ok? We will pay our own (no insurance). Or may be for non local different price?!

hi fat bobo,
i am currently in my 29 weeks. previously i have quite a bit swelling on my feet also but these few days, it has gone down. i guess it will come on and off sometimes. and my babies are lying side by side now and one is in breech position. my gynae told me most likely will stay in this position till delivery cos no more space for them to turn around. i have pelvic pains too. it is quite painful when i tried to change my sleeping positon nowadays. i have to do it slowly. when getting up also will feel painful too..

oh regarding the baby checklist, u can just googled it and there are a lot of websites to choose it from.

i decided to get a single pram for my babies cos i think tat if i go out alone, i wont be able to manage two babies at one time. so might as well get a single one so that maybe nx time can take them out in turn and i will be able to manage the pram.

i am putting my babies in normal single bed for now. a lot of my frens told me that baby cot grow out very fast and quite a waste. i bought 2 single bed for now and and will be putiing them both in one 1st and maybe later on when they are bigger, they can use one each.. save $$ too.. hehe.

fat bobo, thanks for the website.

my babies are in different positions each time i go for the scan. i guess like what mariayee said...they will move till there is no more space, then they fix at one position.

i think scans ranges from 100 to 200 per bb depending on whether if it was done by a gynae or a sonographer, also where you did it.

hi mrng all..

annfresh, im not too sure..but im not seeing a particular doc at NUH.. as like whoever the prof is on duty will cm review aft the sonographer finish her scans. haha..tink so bah. lala~

for my gynae's package.. they start from wk12. my gynae charges $1k for singleton natural n $1.2k for singleton c-sec. then for my case-twin.. he's charging me $1.2k for natural or $1.4k for c-sec. have already paid half the package price..balance will be settled latr after delivery.

hw abt u all? wat's yur package like?

Annfresh
i havent seen my gynae since week 19 as my gynae was overseas but in between i went to NUH for my detailed scan, so din have a chance to buy package. My gynae designated A/prof Biswari to see me after the sonographer had scanned me, so far, my twice visit there has been seen by him.I think for package, will take what the clinic offers ba, otherwise then how? change gynae ah?
ladies at glenE
will you all be attending any antenatal classes? Heard about tour around teh hospital, when can we start looking at delivery packages?

fat Bobo:

Your package price is very reasonable - from 12 weeks + delivery!! Now I thinking should I change my doctor?! I really want to try natural delivery but my doc seems not confidence with it... of course c-sec more easy for him. Could you please pm to me you doctor contacts. Will try to visit him before my next appointment if you don't mind?

hi fat bobo and 76. Thx for your advise.Will your go expo on this coming wkend to buy baby stuffs.i saw a separate twins pram which you can clip or unclip whenever u wan. it's cost abt 399. i m 25 wks now.put on weight abt 10kgs. is it consider normal? my babies's head are facing down now.if they continue this position until i give birth. I think natural delivery it's possible. M i rite?

Rite now i can only sleep on left side and can't sleep well at nite. Do your have same prob as well?

That's right, it will be Motherhood 2009
04 June 2009 - 07 June 2009. Is any one planing to go? We could arrange the time and meet there for coffee? :)

hihi annfresh, yur PM is not working. if ur available on MSN.. u can add me.. [email protected]
or email me oso can la. :)

ya, prolly tmr evng aft work might drop by at expo, any idea what time they close?

oh btw 76.. i tink most of the hospitals already temporary stop all the tours, courses n watever due to H1N1 le. same for glenE..they r temporary not conducting the tours.
for me.. i will not be attending any classes.
i hvnt book the hospital for delivery just yet.. prolly next sat when i go gynae's clinic then check with them.

guess by the time i reach there will be like 7ish-pm? oh no.. dinr hw.. prolly i'll go feed myself first... den will be 8ish-pm le bah. hehe~

kel
You mentioned earlier you had TTTS. I just went for my detailed scan this morning adn doc diagnosed me as having early signs of TTTS. At week 21, my bbs are 356g and 455g. how about yours? did doc say what they could do? i am worried.

Hi 76,

you are also having signs of TTTS ah.... ur twins disparity is not too far off (~100g) ... dun worry too much ... just need to rest more.

At every visit(3 wks apart), the twins differs each other from 50g, 100g, 200, and at my last scan at wk 25, they differ at 280g. Going for another scan this Friday ... wondering if there's any improvement :X

According to my gynae, there's nothing much we can do about it (even eating more doesn't help). He just asks me to rest more ( at least 8 hrs sleep daily) and take those supplements. Basically, dun exert yourself too much, dun let your heart work too hard, (i.e. no exercising, dun walk too much, etc) and dun be worried or stressed up.

fatBobo,

your gynae package is cheap lor .... does it include doc's delivery fee? mine was 1.8k (inclusive of delivery fee) for singleton (natural) for my 1st baby.

hi kel.. i tink include. initially i oso tot $1k, then still need to add delivery charges..duno how much need to spend le.. but the nurse told me.. include leh. prolly cos i was his old patient? saw him since mar/apr 2008 for a check-up, n found that i had cervical pre-cancer (CIN II)...den did laser..or watever biopsy or duno wat... ya.

ya 76.. like told u ystrday, dun owas hv so much negative tots.. rest more.. talk to yur babies oso.

u noe kel, our silly 76 even hv such negative tots that "if she buy 1 set of bb items or 2 sets now.." "what if her bb cant make it or watever.."

gosh!!!!!!

btw annfresh, i cant make it to the motherhood expo tonite le... the maid agency called to say that my helper is ready for 'collection' le.. i have to go 'collect' her tonite. will see how for tmr or over the wk'n.

Hi mummies.. jus wondering for those working mummies.. have u all decided who will be helping u to take care of ur baby? MIL? Mummy? Maid? or how?? Any suggestion?? I'm thinking of who can help me to take care of my twins when I'm going back to work.. I need to go back to work, cant resign cos it will be a burden for hubby to take care of the family esp when now got 2 more mouths to feed... any mummy can help??

Thanks Kel and fat Bobo for the advice.cant help but worry lor...
Kel
Heard quite rare..dunno why i so "lucky"...But Kel you are quite advanced in your pregnancy right? If anything happ (touch wood), you can still deliver? Me still week 21 leh, too early...sian leh....nobody understand how i feel, my hubby just say "nothing you can do, dun think abt it'..which i know in a way is quite true.. Did your doc say what else they can do? What is the worst scenario?Or what is the best thing to do now?

Hi 76,

yups, it's rare and you r not the 'lucky' one .... TTTS diagnosed at wk 8 for me and that time doc even ask me to be prepared one won't survive. But thank God, everything is ok now.

As for you, it's in your 2nd trimester .... shd be fine la .... things may go better or worse but there's nothing much we can do other than rest, eat a balanced diet n enjoy the pregnancy.

my doc didn't tell me the worst scenario but i guess is premature birth lor co's he said he's worried i can't carry till wk 37. And that probably means babies will be in neonatal care and super big hole in your pocket. And what we can do is dun worry n eat a balanced diet. (think of the $$$$ burnt if premature)

Also, how bad the situation may be depends on the position of the twin. If the first twin is skinner, chances of earlier birth is higher if he/she continues to be skinny.

Go ahead to prepare 2 sets of baby stuff...dun worry.

Smile
happy.gif

msn: [email protected]

fatBobo, 1K including delivery cheap cheap.

Hi all, just had the week 20 scan, my twins weight are 280g and 310g respectively, but I had not consulted the doctor yet (next appt is Mon). Hope this is alright ...

Anyone has any suggestion whether to get stroller for twins? Already have a 19 month old toddler, and a Combi stroller, thnks ...

Hi Lynn, i like to tink that firstly, u might want to speak to the elders..your MIL n mother. see if they are fine to help u take care of yur babies. n if they r fine..if they need a helper.
for my case..im getting a helper (in fact just picked her up last nite).. n everyone noes that we cant possibily leave 2 babies with a helper anyways.. so ya, leave it to the elders, see who wana give up their job to watch the helper n look aft the babies lor. i told the elders..(basically they supervise the helper la.. dun wan to tired them much oso mah.) of cos, i prefer my own mum..cos anything i can tell her how i prefer things to be or wat.. hahaha.
so for my case, helper + my mum.

kel.. no la.. $1k is for singleton pregnancy la.. he's charging my $1.2k for natural or $1.4k for c-sec. (seriously..im not sure the gynae's package r like same for all patients or certain patient quote certain price de..)

luzBB... for me.. personally... wld prefer those individual stroller. more convenient..n of cos.. more spacious for the kido. since u already hv one.. good la.. juz need to buy another. hehe.

oh btw kel.. izit as long as bbs' weight are like at least 2kg each.. most likely they dun hfta be in neonatal care? or as long as they r pre-term.. they hfta hv the extra monitoring le?

Hi, was reading your postings... having twins is really not an easy journey..but do keep your spirits high as it really affects the moods of your babies.

Throughout my pregnancy, I do worry quite a fair bit... cos of my miscarriage experience... but keep reminding myself..worrying is like sitting on a rocking chair, gives u something to do but gets you nowhere.. I kept praying and commit to God.. my 2 boys were 2kg and 1.9kg when they were out via emergency c-sect...it's a ok weight..but they were in high dependency for more than 10 days. Do remember for cost savings, if need be, downgrade to B2 ward..cos your bbs follow your class.

Do take care!

hoops
indeed, every tri is a test and roller coaster. you have TTTS experience? Or weight issue with bbs whn they inside tummy?

Anyone went e baby fair at expo? any attractive or gd stuffs?

now i started to felt fatigue and headache easily as lack of gd sleep during the nite. Do ur encounter same prob as well?

Little queen
is yours 1 placenta or 2? Mine is monochorionic diamniotic, meaning, 1 placenta, 2 sacs...i am also feeling tired of late...weird coz normaly after work, i am still ok..recently felt like kenna 'boxed'..feel sleepy

Hi 76, I don't have TTTS experience..but mine was considered high risk as I hv heart condition..so my twins have the risk of inheriting it...

Good day...
I went to expo last night, not much to buy. No twin stroller on display ( Only what was good to buy it's Palmer's Organics Cocoa buter for stretch marks- $25, outside is $36.
So if you staying far from expo no point to go...
Working ladies, have a good rest in coming weekend! ;-) More relax and less worries

Morning fatBobo,

I think whether the babies goes into neonatal depends whether they are mature or not. Generally, if they are > 2kg, should be ok la. But it doesn't mean that if they are < 2kg, they must be in neonatal though chances are high.

Just got results for wk 28 scannning .... haiyah ... difference so huge (700+g &amp; 1.3+ kg)but doc still say ok, both are growing n developing well. So u dun worry about yours ... enjoy your weekend.

Any mummies here who intends to store their baby/babies cordblood? i can refer you and there is some discount for annual storage fee for both of us. I'm with stemcord. Let me know
happy.gif

Back