(2009) Twins/ Triplets/ Multiples mummies to be

Hi YenT,

Congratulations! So happy for you. Your 2 girls must be very cute.
happy.gif
So how was your c-section experience? Good? btw, Is it spinal block?

Hi Hoops,

My gynae thinks its pretty safe already, esp if the babies are about 2kg. I actually would have preferred to wait another week, but he suggested the c-section the day after my last check up as I was already having contractions. My younger gal had to spend a couple of hours in SCN for some breathing difficulties, that was it. Stay positive
happy.gif

Sunnysideup, my c-section was with spinal block also. It was pretty ok, just some shivering after that. Taking a lot of pain killers after that though as I have a low pain threshold.

YenT,
congrats! Saw you posting in the premmies thread.
happy.gif
Noticed that your eldest gal has the same birth weight as my boy too and your younger's bigger than her jiejie.
happy.gif

wow congratz YenT... good weight they hv huh..as like abt the same......

congratz agn. :)

me today juz 20wks2days.... one of my twin girls slightly smaller... so hfta monitor closely lor..

im order to give up my aqua-fitness class (with KKH which i hv signed up..supposed to start on 2 may) oso.

but ya.. for their safety n all.... dat's most important.

hi all...just dropby to update all..I've popped my twins in their 34th week (18 Apr). My waterbag burst in the middle of the nite but thk God no contractions...so I did my c-sect at 7.30am...both came out at abt 8am (1 min difference). I'd some complications due to side effects frm LA...but overall, I'm ok..resting at home now. My poor boys are still in high dependency due to jaundice and premmies...praying hard they can be out soon.

Will update again when I feel better..cheerios..

I'm having twins and I'm wondering what's the average no. of days we have to spend in the hosp if all goes well. When I delivered my older boy, I only had to spend 2 days.

hi YenT..they are 2kg and 1.9kg at birth but they lost abit of the weight...still in high dep...praying they be out soon...

Hello. I am in 32 wks now carrying little prince & princess. Prince has turned his head down position, but princess is still in breach. I like to avoid C-section. I do one exercise (cat pose) to make the baby head down. This is advised by my mum and also gynea. Not sure it will work. Also, telling the princess to turn her head down.

Hi Sunnysideup,

The girls and I are doing well - jaundice levels coming down, and they are quite well behaved. BM not enough though, need to supplement with formula
sad.gif

Having confinement lady also helps
happy.gif
Who will be taking care of your boys when you go back to work?

Fujiko,
My gynae is very pro-natural - at one stage, I had one gal head down, another breech, and he said can still try for natural as the 2nd one may turn once the 1st one comes out. If doesn't turn in the end, then do c section. You can ask your gynae also.

hoops,
Hi! Congrats and welcome to the twins world.
happy.gif
Your boys are of rather good weights.
My kids were in their 34th week when I delivered them too. You didn't deliver at KKH, right? Cos my kids were only put in the SCN, not highly dependency ward. My eldest boy also had bad case of jaundice but he was discharged after 5 days so your boys should be home with you pretty soon.
happy.gif

Hi RR...I delivered at SGH...both are still in the high dependency ward due to jaundice.. I really hope they can come home soon..really miss them. Have been expressing milk and sending to the hospital..hope the breast milk can help strengthening them..

Hoops,
no worries, their birth weights are good, I believe they'll be home with you soon. Alot of premmies have jaundice, it's quite common.
happy.gif

hi ladies - i'm new to this thread. didnt know this thread existed ! i'm 27 weeks with twin girls. still wroking but my doc advised me to take it easy from 28 weeks. any mummies still working or take break already ?

hi bestberries,
im 22wks tmr, with twin girls as well..n currently still working too. im cmg in to ask too, like hw early shld we start to take break frm work? (my boss asking me to plan my maternity leave already, but i hv no idea when i shld start.)

btw hoops, yur boys are so cute leh.. hehehe.. they look big huh. don't worry..they'll be fine very soon.

fat bobo - i'll try to hang around in office until 1-2 weeks before i deliver. did you doc tell you natural or c-sect? i'm going for c-sect. meantime i'm taking a lot of leave here and there, cos doc say must rest more. which hosp and gynae you with ?

hihi bestberries,
my doc din really tell me natural or c-sect.. i hope can go for natural though.. anyways, depends on their positiion oso. but somehow nowadays, was tinking.. haiz..might as well juz go for c-sec la.. haha. (dun wana risk any complications..juz in case.. i duno.)

i dun hv much leave.. planning to use it nearer to due date.. cos scared too heavy.. i might most likely be utilising the full 16 wks maternity at a go oso bah. hw abt u?

yep.. im oso asked to rest more.. actually was cleared to do aqua-aerobics (with KKH).. den earlier this mth.. ordered to hv lots of rest (cos 1 of my girls is smaller..).. so cant do the aqua-aerobics le. ):

my gynae's at glenE.. i can choose glenE or mtA.. still hvnt decide.. but guess nw.. prolly to mtA bah.

how abt u?

if u use msn.. can add me.. [email protected]

cheers~

Hihi,

Anyone delivering/will be delivering in GlenE? Any idea of the bill size? Heard there's no package for twins delivery.

fat bobo - i dont have msn. my doc ask me to rest more from 28 weeks, which is next week onwards. my doc also advise me to do c-sect. btw, my doc is Prof PC Wong at NUH. my office cant let me take 4 months together cos manpower issue, so i'm going to take 3 mths then 1 mth take flexibly. who's going to help you look after your babies ?

bestberries
hi! i was also under dr pc wong! i delivered my triplets this january.
happy.gif
you are in very good and safe hands. yes, please have plenty of rest.

Sunnysideup,
Is your maid experienced in taking care of babies? I have gotten a maid a few months ago also to help my mom with the housework and taking care of the babies and my older gal, but she is inexperienced, and my mom is not fang xin leaving her alone with the babies even for a while...

Hi jumbobo, bestberries
Better to follow the doctors' advice if they say to rest more. Most twins are early, but also don't want them to come out too early. For me, I was taking 3-4 half days off each week by 28 weeks, but had contractions at wk 30. Medication and bedrest stopped the contractions, and I went back to work at wk 34+, had contractions again after 1 week and had to deliver my babies. Luckily they are healthy and of good weight already!

Yen T, Tks for your comment. We went routine scan yesterday. The boy turned the head, beccomes boy and gal both are breach now... But, still hoping that they or either one turn the head down soon.

Hi, Kel
I am delivering babies soon, but not at GlenE. Mine is Raffles. I just got the pricing for hospitalization package. Just share with you.
1)1 bedded for 2 days for normal delivery is $1488 (Medi Save claimable amount: $1350), C-Delivery for 2 days $2218 (Medi Savi claimable amount: $2750)
2)New born Nursary care for 2 days $360 x 2 babies

3) Doctor fee for twins $4000 (after discounted)
4) Daily attendance fee $150/day
5) PD fee $100/day x 2 babies
Depending on you deliver natural, or C-section, the price is different, but based on what I get from Raffles, total will be around $4-5K after Medisave claim.
This is the based on the 1 bedded charge. For 2 bedded and 4 bedded will be cheaper.

hi.. I'm a new mummy here.. would like to check with some mummies here.. when should I start taking my maternity leave?

I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant with one boy & one girl.. EDD on 1st Oct.. I'm just wondering that if for example, I'm going for c-sect on 9 Sept, when should I start taking my ML? should I start taking from 7 Sept or 1 week b4 or even earlier? The reason I'm asking is I dun wan to utilize my ML too early. In fact, I would like to start utilising my ML once I give birth & nt b4 babies are out.. so that is why I'm wondering since I already choosen the date of my c-sect, can I just start going on leave 1 day b4 my c-sect?

dear mummies: kind mummy 3inapod has given me many things & i would like to pass the clothes down to somebody here, following her example. i can bring them to town - raffles place, tanjong pagar (where i work), city hall or anywhere along the NEL from town to serangoon. pls PM me or email [email protected] for quick reply as i can't access PM email during weekdays. God bless all of you.

hi mummies,
sorry to interrupt..

I have the following for sale or exchange with Huggies Barcode:

1 x 700g Similac Mum Voucher (for $5 OFF), Expiry 30th June 2009 -- Valid at Cold Storage, Shop n Save & Guardian.
*Selling at $2 including postage*

1 x 900g Similac Follow-On Formula Voucher(for $3 OFF), Expiry 30th June 2009 -- Valid at Cold Storage, Shop n Save & Guardian.
*Selling at $1 including postage*

1 x Enfapro A+ Voucher (for $5 OFF), Expiry 1st July 2009 -- Valid at Cold Storage, Giant, Shop n Save, Guardian & Market Place outlets.
*Selling at $3 including postage*

1 tin of 400g Enfapro A+, Expiry Aug 2010
*Selling at $12, self-pick up*

Pls PM or email me [email protected]
Thanks!
happy.gif

Hello mummies,
I'm new here. I'm on my 13 week. I would like to make a friends in same situation as mine) And also want to know more about twins pregnancy to preparer myself!

Hi All,

Just an intro on myself - I'm currently 25 weeks preggie with boy-girl twins! EDD is mid August, although doctor said expect to deliver before National Day. Like some of the mummies here, I'm also thinking when I should start my maternity leave...Does anyone know if doctor gives bed rest leave (so that i don't have to start my maternity leave earlier)? : P

Hi Twinsmama,

You don't need to use your maternity leave before you give birth. Just ask your gynae to issue hospitalisation leave. I guess your company grants hospitalisation leave?
happy.gif

hi twinsmama,

i did not take early ML.my gynae ordered me to rest so i requested for hospitalisation leave.but as my co. reqd hospital medical leave form, i stayed for 1 day in hospital and i stayed at hm till i gave birth, my gynae indicated as hospitalisation leave.my boys born @ 36weeks. i've used up ard 36days hospitalisation leave.

hi ladies,
i am also currently 25 weeks pregnant with boy & girl twins. just want to check with mommies here, does anyone of you have pelvic pains waking from sleeping? i dunno how to describe the pain, but it only last a while after getting up. after that, everything will be ok. and when i try to lift my legs up when wearing my pants, there is some sharp pain as well. wonder if this is normal?

twinsmama,
since i am in the same weeks preggie with you, jus wanna checked with you whether do you feel hard kicks from your babies? so far, there's no hard kicks from my babies jus some knocking here and there only. but i can see the tummy go up and down when they kicks... sometimes quite worrie about their movements..

Hi Ladies,

Thanks all for your kind advice!

I just went for my monthly checkup yesterday - doctor said my twins are doing fine. So glad! Then I asked him when i should start on my 'bed rest' he said i can start from week 30 if I want or if my condition warrents! I was indeed shocked as I had planned to work till week 35 and then to start clearing leave... But I suppose he may have a point - I'm feeling the burden of carrying twins now - can't stand for too long without feeling tired. Right now, me and hubby rushing to buy the babies' stuff before i get too heavy :p

Mariayee,
I do notice my twins 'somersaulting' and kicking around - they are active especially after meals. Not sure if they are considered 'hard kicks'... But if you can see your tummy moving up and down, I suppose they must be pretty active too!

Hi mariayee,

I'm in my 30 weeks now. Same as you, I do have pelvic pains on and off, esp. when I sit up from bed, or get up from a sitting position. Have difficulty lifting my legs too. What's the weight of your babies? Mine is ard 1.4kg each in week 29th.

twinsmama, your gynae is very kind to give HL so early. When I asked my gynae to give me HL to rest at home during my last check-up, he only gave me 10 days. Initially I tot he will give until the day I give birth. In fact I already feel so heavy now and wonder how to go back to work after the HL.

Hi Beverly,

I'm actually not sure if he meant HL or MC (a.k.a no pay leave)!! Haha..
Will definately check with him the next time i see him...
Have you finished buying your baby stuff? Headache...everything x2..now I know why gahmen encourage people to have more babies - to boost the economy! : D

twinsmama,
Try to get HL if possible.
I have most of the baby stuff ready except for a few items which I can't decide now. Most of the things I only buy 1 set. Will decide if we need to buy more when our babies are out
happy.gif

twinsmama,
thks for the reply..
happy.gif
buying things really ex cos have to buy double for everything..

Beverly,
i just went for my checkup yest and today is my 26th weeks and my boy weight about 875g and my girl 825g. my gynae say they are as good as a singleton baby so i am feeling quite relieved now. but from now till 29 weeks only 3 weeks for me, will the babies grow up so much till about 1.4 kgs?

oh, so having the pelvic pain is normal.. what is the gender of your bbs?

mariayee, i think possible coz babies grow very fast in 3rd tri. i'm having identical twins n both my babies are boys.

mariayee...dun worry about their weights. I beefed my twins up by drinking lotsa milk..so perhaps that can help.. remember to eat well...I can't say rest well cos wif a big tummy and frequent kicks, not that easy. Do rest as much as u can.. All these are worth when you see your twins... I'm enjoying my twins though many sleepless nights and endless pumping of milk..

Hi mummies,

Wanna share this lobang with you!

CK departmental store is having their anniversary sale for the month of May.

Diapers promo:
- Pampers Small @ $17.80 (NTUC selling $26.40)
- Huggies Pull up pants M/L/XL/XXL @ $13.95 (Didn't check how much selling at NTUC...cus not getting now)

Do check it out!

Back