(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

Hihi!

Anyone here hire myanmar maids? My mum cant tahan handling my gal coz she is super sticky..So going to hire a maid to do housework while my mum can 100% look after my gal..

Anyone has agency to intro?

Hello Mummies

Its been a LONG while (buried under work) and finally managed to get down to finding a child care for my gal. Any recommendations on child care or teaching methods? Am looking to start off flexi (few days a week, half day each session) or half day sessions? Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Hi Mummies,

I will be sending my daughter to childcare centre from July onwards, by then she is about 20 months old. Would like to build up her immune system before she goes to childcare centre, any supplements that I can give her now? Please suggest.

Her daily schedule now is:
7 to 7.30am: Wake up, drinks 190ml milk
7.30am to 9am: Watch TV / read book / play toys
9.00am: Bath time, continue to Watch TV / read book / play toys
10.00am to 10.30am: Eat Porridge, continue to Watch TV / read book / play toys
11:30am: Nap
1.30pm to 2.00pm: Milk 190ml
3pm: Continue to Watch TV / read book / play toys
5pm: Bath, Milk 190ml, ontinue to Watch TV / read book / play toys
6pm: Go to playground, short walk
7pm: Dinner
9pm: Clean-up, change clothes
9:30pm: Milk + Cereal 210ml, sleep

In between, she will eat fruits, biscuit, cakes, yogurt melts, etc..

As my mother in law is the caregiver now, she don't have energy to bring her out during day time, so she stay home all day long except evening time when I get home, I will bring her to playgroup for half and hour. If its rainny day, then too bad, not outdoor activities at all.

kopiteh, i feed my 16mth old son cold liver oil since he turned 1 yo. its the seven seas one with cherry flavour so more paatable for kids. but i am at my last bottle now and apparently the distributor no longer bring in the cherry flavoured oil so after this, i plan to start him on colostrum. yes, it is impt to build immune but its not a fool proof defence. they will still fall sick perhaps just less frequently than if they did not build their immunity. my elder daughter went to cc at 20mths and we didnt prep her so suffered a fair bit with her constantly being ill for the first year she was there. we then decided to switch her to another branch which was non-aircon cos we realised that kids ard her age commonly succumb to respiratory illnesses so non-aircon provides a more ventilated environment. since the switch, plus we started the cod liver oil on her too, things have improved.

just my experience to share

Food issue:
Litt C has no interest when it comes to dinner. She will take only few spoonful & start playing with food. Then I will remove the plate. No issue with milk intake thou..

Sleep issue:
Started to fall asleep later & later. Used to be 9pm, now 11 plus then willing to sleep. Want to play play play.. Hiaz

Pls tell me it's just passing phase

morning ladies.

<font color="119911">rue</font>, dun be too fast in giving in when she dun eat. else she will take it that she won and will keep doing it. xy does tat some times too. i will force her to finish at least half her food even if it involves some screaming and crying. maybe she had some tea snack and she is not hungry during dinner?

hihi mummies... gatecrashing ur forum...
I'm a July mummy... gg back to work soon and sourcing for a good Infant care. Would really appreciate if any can recommend? PM me can?
Looking for one in the East / Thomson / Raffles Place... Tks vm in advance!

Adelynn, putting her in childcare so soon? why not try playgroup first? Thats what I'll be doing when Larissa turns 18 months. There's a playgroup thats near my place that she can go on weekdays for two hours a day. Try looking for one near your area.

My baby had fever last wed n had been refusing milk. Her fever is ok now but milk intake still v little. This morning only drank 70ml. She's ok w semi-solid tho. Anyone had similar problems before?

Hi Cass, babies drink best when they at their healthiest state. The minute they fall sick, appetittes take a dip and depending on how serious their illness is and how uncomfortable it makes them, they will drop significantly accordingly. Once they get on road to recovery, the normalizing also will take time. As long as she still eats and drink I think its fine. What u can also do if she doesn't fancy milk is give her soft cereal that a little more tasty yet easy to consume for now.

My two kids went thru these and I know its heart wrenching that's why for me, I try to ensure they don't fall ill too often. So appetite won't get affected.hope that helps.

Fever:
Just thought of sharing my experience. For me, coconut is a must when there is fever. Good quality honey is also important. They can go without food for 2 or even 3 days as long as they are taking coconut water (with flesh if willing). It is easier for the body to heal without food. The key is to make sure they stay hydrated. if fever over 38 degree C. Sponge them with body temperature water.

Some helpful links:
http://www.articlediary.com/article/drink-coconut-water-health-benefits-of-coconut-water-140.html
http://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/can-babies-eat-coconut.html
http://www.shilpigroupindia.com/food/soup.htm
http://www.babycenter.com.my/toddler/nutrition/dietindiarrhoea&amp;vomiting_expert/

Note:
Pls. do not serve coconut water when it is cold. if you have to get coconut for the fridge, do warm it like how you would with milk or mix in warm water. room temperature is the best.

I think better to bring them to see doctor .

http://bentohappiness.blogspot.com/

5330522.jpg

HI Ladies

Want to ask about whole sale new born babies clothes. I rem that last time someone bought from Si Ma Lu area? Near the Kwan Yin Temple in waterloo area. Anyone has the add as my fren is asking

Thanks!

Yes, it's still there. I don't know address but it's the left corner shop along the shops directly opposite the Waterloo street Chinese temple. So if u stand outside the temple, face the shops opposite, it's the left corner (last) shop.

rue, will not be going. Must be alot of people. Moreover last time my kids kena very nasty bugs from indoor playground. So not very keen to go to such place.

Carol, I saw bulk purchase section selling the pee pee caps.

I think our this thread is dying....

anyone has May issue "young parents"
I wish to find out the details for Win Enfa a+ hamper contest. What is the terms &amp; conditions?

this thread has been very quiet recently!

can i check with the mummies on your tod's sleeping? How many of your little ones are still sleeping in baby cot? anyone shifting them to toddler bed yet?

My girl has been bumping her head at the sides of the cot and keeping having her feet stuck in between the cot bars! then the whole night she will be screaming, making noises...

then we decided to change the cot into the bed by removing one side of the cot... still, she makes noises every night cos she will roll off the cot bed!! even we use thick cushions at the side of the bed, she will still squeeze and land on the floor (i put a playmat beside the bed)...

sigh...

do you let your tod sleeps on the mattress on the floor? Just need some advices from you all...

peicatz, don't let your girl sleep on the floor. Though it is the safest place. By PD (Dr Ang, Thomson) advice, never let them sleep on the floor. As you are subjecting them to high dust. Promotes allergies. Til now I still regret in putting him on the floor.

During my son's time, I bought 2 foam mattresses and put place it upright against the wall. Then I put a new super single bed next to the foam mattresses. At the side of the super single bed is our queen bed. So my boy will sleep at the super single bed. He will not have chances of rolling off. The only side which he can roll off we will just put 2 pillows. Very safe for him so far.

peicatz: My boy still sleeping in baby cot. He also gets his legs stuck in the cot at times but we put a bumper but he still hangs out his legs. He's 17 months now.

I was also thinking to change him to mattress on the floor as my mum scare he climb out of his cot. He can really climb!! But I not very keen to have him on the floor mattress.

Bidosoh: thanks for the advice! I have reason to tell my mum why floor mattress not recommended
happy.gif

I'm expecting #2 so now i having headache on rooming arrangement. Suddenly the house seem so small and messy! :p Also not sure if I should get #2 a cot also! Anyone got any recommendation?

Bidosoh, thanks for ur advice. We put back the cot today. So she's back to the cot! Haha... Though she doesn't seem to like her 'new' bed missing...

Vela! Congrats! Ian is going to have company! Well, it'll be a headache on the rooming arrangement. But maybe by then Ian can move to sleep on a toddler bed? Then the cot reserved for the new baby?

Hi mummies!

My girl is going to CCC tomorrow! Feel so excited for her as well as abit worried. I really hope she will enjoy school.

morning ladies!

<font color="119911">rue</font>, oh, got contest ar? can share the terms &amp; conditions? thanks!

<font color="119911">peicatz</font>, at my mum's place she still sleeps in the cot. at home she sleeps on the mattress on the floor but it is fit in between our closet and our bed so all "air &amp; dust" is blocked for her. so far so good. no problem except that she may roll onto the floor occasionally at the long end. oops.

<font color="119911">ashley</font>, xy din get fever. phew! y?

Velo - congrats, when is your 2nd one due?

Velo, Pei, Swanston - I also know of many baby and tod who do not have problem sleeping on the floor. It just that my boy is very prone to very long term cough (1 month at least). Hence PD mentioned that to us.

Pei and Velo, since your children's legs get stuck you may want to look at other sleeping alternative. As it is also very dangerous that their legs get caught. My girl's leg also get stuck when she turn 7 months. Thats why we remove the cot.

My girl just had her mmr last friday. Since there is no GUG class on Sunday. She can avoid some potential bugs when her immunity is at the lowest.

Ashley: My boy no have fever after MMR. Thank goodness! He took it when he was 15 months. Hear ppl say if baby can take egg well then usually MMR no problem.

Bidosoh: Thanks! #2 due in early Sept. I'm not receptive of the floor cos I got a dog at home so floor can be quite dusty with dog fur.

I planning to put Ian to CC when he turns 18 months but I'm worried as i hear say that CC teacher can get frustrasted and may beat the kids. I planning to put #1 in My little Skool House by NTUC as that's the nearest my home. But i scare the teacher bully #1 as #1 is very stubborn and difficult to handle and till now he can speak a word!! Ahahah... worry worry. Anyone's baby still can talk? Very worried with mine but he seem to understand wat we telling him though.

Peicatz: #1 cot can convert into toddler bed. But now he sleeps all over the cot (can find him at different corner at different hrs thru the night) so still dare not change to toddler bed.

Bidosoh, my girl also very prone to cough leh. Hmm... Got her cot up again last night and she woke up at 5am wanting to come out of the cot.

Velo, I converted my girl's cot to cot bed and she kept rolling off. I wonder what age is good to start on cot bed. And Ian is turning 18 months this month! No worries abt sch, I think he will learn along the way. Maybe when he interacts with other kids, he will speak dater too! It's peer pressure. Hee...

Swanston, you are lucky! My girl taking hers next mon. I hope for the best since she's prone to fever after vaccination. Anyone knows how to prevent fever?

<font color="119911">peicatz</font>, nurse usually advise to give panadol. i normally boil barley and let xy drink for 2 days b4 the jabs. so far so good. hope it helps!

Morning! Is anyone's kid enrolled in First Skool for child care? Any feedback?

My nearest child care is First Skool and I'm planning to enroll him in when he's 18 months but i have been hearing a few scary incidents to friend's friend's kid. But all at differnt branches of the First Skool.

One incidnet is my Friend's Friend's son fell broke his 2 front tooth &amp; badly bruised his lips yet the teacher didnt know (the brave boy didint cry). Another incidnet at another branch, the kid vomit but the teacher scare to clean up the kid. And most recent, my mum heard from a neighbour that he saw 2 teachers handling kids roughly and 1 of the teachers wanted to kick the toddler while the other force feed milk bottle to the Kid. Ahahha...i am freaking out. I am now wondering if i should enroll my child in there. But its the nearest for us to bring my kid to the CC. Should i or should i not?? Or should i just put him in a 2hr playgroup which is also near my home?

Velo, my girl has been with My First Skool since she was 3.5 months old. So far so good, but of cos there will be times that the teachers are not so attentive. But i think it could happen to any sch. I think the sch environment and teachers are very important. It differs for every sch.

What you could do is to pay a few visits to the sch. Talk to the teachers and parents to understand more. Look at the kids if they are happy and cheerful during class. Every sch is different. Look at the hygiene of the sch, the materials they use and the class curriculum.

That time I didn't scout ard for sch also cos My First Skool is just below my block. For convenience sake, we just put her there and since it's a new sch.

Morning mummies,
Wanna ask if during the molars growing time, did ur bb got rash below the eyes n jus chest area?
Also got fever n diarrhea just b4 the growth?

peicatz: Thanks for the advice. Which branch of My First Skool is your girl at? I'm enrolling mine into Pasir Ris branch.

kimifin: my boy got 3 molars now. no rash, fever or diarrhea too. But my friend's kid tend to get fever &amp; diarrhea when teething but no rash. you may want to check out the rash. Could yr baby be allergic to something instead?

Hello! Anyone been to cruise with your baby? Can let me know how was the experience?

When I brought my boy to Star cruise, it seem we spend most time in cabin rolling around. But nevertheless fun bonding time.

Anyone been to Legend of the Sea cruise? I'm thinking if its as friendly as Star Cruises with baby.

swanston,
the contest is for kids who appear in the magazine contest page. No chance..

Ashley,
how was litt A exp at cc? share share leh. my litt C gg to enroll mid may..

Rue, unfortunately lil A's experience in CC was horrific. In fact, we have withdrew her from the centre just after 2 days
sad.gif

On the 2nd day, I spent about 2.5 hours with her in cc and then left her there after she has finished her lunch and was going to take her bath. Just one hour after I left, the cc called me to tell me that lil A has very bad scratch marks around her eyes. I was so worried I quickly went to the school to pick her up. Luckily the cc was just next block.

I was shocked to see angry red and bloody scratch wounds around her eyes! She has never scratched herself so badly before. Those of you on my FB should be able to see the pictures.

The principal and teacher said that lil A was crying and looking for me after she came out from the bathroom. She was crying very badly and rubbing her eyes. The teacher discovered the scratch marks when she went over to console her. The CC insists that no one was near her and Lil A is the one that scratched herself while crying. The principal said that upon inspection, she felt that lil A's nails, though short, is quite sharp.

I really cannot believe that lil A can scratch herself so badly because:
1) she does not have the habit of scratching her face when she is crying or agitated
2) her nails are short and not sharp after I check
3) she would have stop scratching when she felt the pain on her face and wouldn't continuing scratching

The principal and teacher look like earnest people and I dun think they will lie. But it's hard for me to believe that my girl can do such damage to herself. I wish I know what had happened exactly. Too bad Lil A doesn't know how to tell.

I'm disappointed that things turned out this way. The CC has pretty good reviews and the kids look happy there. I guess it's just bad luck for us. I'm enrolling lil A in a 2-hour playgroup instead. I'm a little paranoid and apprehensive about sending her to CC for now. Maybe wait till she is older and can tell us if she hurt herself or is unhappy, etc.

Velo, my girl is at 375@Clementi branch.
happy.gif

Ashley, yah, lil A experience is really bad. Hope she won't reject school after this.

Whose baby has not had MMR? My girl has been postponing her MMR jab due to sickness. She's supposes to go next Monday, but she's down with high fever today! out of the sudden.... Well, she could have caught my virus...
sad.gif

When's the latest our baby needs to be vaccinated? She's going to playgroup starting June. Scared if not vaccine by then she will have higher risk leh cos she will be exposed to more virus there since more children...

Sigh... Don't know why she kept falling sick... Any advice on
Strengthening the immune system? She's already taking cos liver oil liao...

Peipei, let her drink more water if possible.

For those mummies who feed cod liver oil to your kids, how do you get them to take it? My girl doesn't like the taste and doesn't wanna take it after one try.

Ashley, thanks. but she refuses to drink water regularly. At times, she can down 100ml at one go. Most of the time she only takes a sip only. Sigh...

When I first started Chloe on cod liver oil, she rejected it. But subsequently, she accepted the taste. Bough there's still the 'yucky' look on her face every time she takes them, but she will still take the second spoon. Haha... She now takes 2 teaspoons everyday. Keep trying, your girl may accept it one day.

Back