(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

stlock15: yes my girl has commenced her classes with BJG. Another thing i like about BJG they control the class size to a very small class, max of 4 students per session. I signed up for the one at Thomson, find their teachers more experienced. My friend is at the one at Kembangan, and is going to 'transfer' to the one at Thomson.

Hi Adelynn, I will probably be going for the trial class this sat at Kembangan 11.30 - 12.30. Will feedback how's the trainer, Jesslyn and their programme. Highlighted to her that I had bought some flashcards for my son too, then he's not interested in them at all, will turn his head left, right, up and down, anything but not looking at me when shown the cards.

ok.
swanston and peipei, i will pass yours to momo.

re: egg
now only can take egg yolk right?
after one then can take white.

those who have not responded/collected food shears, can PM me to collect?
Thank you.

hey mummies...

need some desperate advice here.. anyone can recommend gd maid agency?
happy.gif

Mbj.. Sorry for the late reply.. I stay at near commonwealth area. So just nice, I can collect from the mummy at Gim moh.. But before dat, I would like to check if the mummy can allow us collect early morning during the weekend abt 8 plus 9. Else I go by post.. sorry for being so troublesome:p

morning all...

do you all have any nice recipes other than porridge for your kid? my gal now takes 1 hr to finish her porridge and reject half way.. is it becoz she doesn't like porridge any more?

morning ladies. so quiet here now... where did everyone go? all busy planning party? hee.

<font color="119911">cljl</font>, maybe she sian of porridge le? my girl will gam the porridge in her mouth and refuse to swallow. when give her cereal she will finish everything up. i tried pasta and mee sua but she dun like. maybe u can try other food?

MM6J is currently negotiating with a "decorator" to offer good deals specially for our thread so any mummies planning their private first birthday bash and are looking for deco, balloons, helium inflation etc can please let me know by adding in ur name so that i may forward u the information? deals are exclusive to our thread only..

Party deco information list (Nickname/ email/ date of party)
1. jydemummy/ [email protected]/ 20Nov
2. starrz/ email/ date of party)
3. ayukie/ [email protected]/ 2nd october)
4. Adelynn/ [email protected] / 13 Nov
5. sponge / 16th october (got ur email)
6. zen / 23rd october (got ur email)
7. Rainz / [email protected] / 21 nov
8. shirlin / [email protected] / 21 Nov
9. paperger85/ [email protected] / 13 Nov
10. carolorac/ [email protected]/ 5 Nov
11. blessedcyn/ [email protected]/30 Oct
12. devlina / [email protected] / 30 Oct
13. Mitsy / [email protected] / 29th Oct
14. j0j3n/ [email protected] / 23th Oct
15. kimifin / [email protected] / 14th Nov
16. Pei Pei / [email protected] / 28 Nov
17. noelpauline / [email protected] / 11 Nov
18. Velo / [email protected] / 28 Nov
19. Eastgal / [email protected] / 13 Nov
20. Agata / [email protected]/ 7 Nov
21. Winnie The Pooh / [email protected] /20 Nov
22. Cass / [email protected] / 20 Nov
23. 1sttimemummy/[email protected] / 31 Oct
24. cljl/[email protected]/30 Oct
25. new_bies/[email protected]/24 Oct
26. stlock15/[email protected]/24 Oct
27. fernvalemum/ [email protected]/ 17 Nov
28. Ashley / [email protected]/ 23 Oct
29. icelim20 / [email protected] / 28 Nov
30. Lourve / [email protected] / 12 Nov
31. Beautytan/[email protected]/5Nov
32. candicemama/[email protected]/31 Oct
33. mifmif /[email protected]/ 30 Nov

cljl,

she got sit down to eat and maybe too near to her previous milk time or snack?

At 1 point, my porridge rather bland, so I put some Heinz jar food, eg the spaghetti + sauce one, he likes...

swanston, my boy gam the cereal, oso dun want to swallow. i just started porridge on him recently. last time he refuse to take porridge, now slowly accepting liao.

cljl, does your porridge have fish ? For mine I notice my gal will reject the poridge halfways, is because the porridge has turned cold. I tried tasting is and it is fishy.

Last time she don't sit and eat , always wonder around when eating, now i strap her on her seat and feed, if not the porridge will turn cold by the time she crawl back. :p

for my gal, normally she take 15 to 20 mins to finish her half bowl of porridge(the thick thick type).

Other than porridge, sometimes i feed my gal sweet potatoes cause she likes it. When in my baby sitter places, my baby sitter will sometimes give her cereal with egg york.

Her main solid meal still porridge, we just change the ingredients fish with tomatoes/green veggies/carrots/pumpkin/potatoes. If the porridge is not tasty, we will add the ikan billis powder that we grind :D

karen, your gal so guai. nowaday, my boy gam all food in his mouth refuse to swallow, so feeding time drag from usual 30min to 1hr, and he finish less then half a bowl.
His main solid is cereal, but i try to add 1 porridge each day since he start to accept new taste now.

any tips how to clean bb latex mattress?

It has this cloth at the outside layer of the rubber foam which we cannot remove to wash separately.

swanston, i think she sian liao lo.. i tried mee sua with egg yolk, carrot, meat and pasta with tomato, carrot, meat, musthroom.. she all eat half or even 1/4 then dun wan liao.. haiz.. i feed her till i wan to kill her lo..

kimifin, before i bought e tot seat, i carry her n feed her.. eat 30 mins then 3/4 finish. nw, i buy the tot seat for her, she cry and cry then i jus let her cry.. hahaha.. at my mil hse, she sit on chair also finish half.. haiz..

Karen, now no more fish liao.. she hated it when e porridge turn cold.. all you mention, i think i tried all be4.. now duno y she just dun wan to sit down.. keep on walking round the table.. faint.. n worst is now she take 1 hr to finish ah! super duper cold..

yoo hooo...
haven come in for awhile
happy.gif

how's everyone?
bz preparing for bday parties like what swanston said eh?!

beautytan, i give bread to my gal for breakfast...sometimes raisins...sometimes corn or sometimes juz plain bread...

funne/rue, how abt getting clothes for ur gals from pumpkin patch? i find their clothes quite nice...

jazz, can give bb egg yolk before 1...so far i have yet to try on my gal yet...

cljl, give ur gal...mee sua or pasta?! or u wanna try her on rice? at least something more chewy... add in some soup into the rice for taste?

kimifin, i thought latex just wash the dirty area only. Then leave it to air and dry. Must avoid sunlight though. It dry very quickly. I just fan to dry it even faster.

sporty, pumpkin patch clothes are nice. But they are selling autumn and winter wear now. So quite limited choice for our climate. The thick clothings look nice though.

morning all!

bidosoh, ya la...quite true! but their clothes really v sweet! hehe... so how are u gonna celebrate H's bday?

cljl, yes u can...my #1 ate rice since he was 8 mths old as he hates porridge... even tho he dun have alot of teeth, he still chew well...

cljl, we don't let our boy or girl walk around while eating. From young they know that it is meal time when they saw the bowl,spoon and the high chair/bumbo seat. We will distract them when they are trying to get up. By means changing new toys on the table for them to play with. They are very clever one, once they have the habit of getting around while eating, it is difficult to put them back on the chair. So don't start even once to let them free roaming.

My girl is the opposite, she prefer solid than milk. My mil complain that bottle feeding her milk is a painful and requires alot of patient. One bottle of 7 oz milk needs to feed at least twice. So sometimes takes half to 1 hour to finish.

sporty, definately no birthday bash. Perhaps just a simple meal at home for our family members with birthday cake.

How about little M's celebration?

cljl, btw, if you are feeding porridge, why don't you just scoup up some for feeding and add on slowly as you feed. So that it will not turn cold. How long have you started porridge? By right, they won't get sick of the same food. As my children and nephew are ok with similar food every day. Is it that you are giving tibits too often? We don't give tibits, sweets stuff or food with stronger taste (sweets/salty). They just have their regular meals and that is it. I will give tibits when they are much older. Tibits is very very ocasional. I am a very boring mum hor. As I myself can eat the same food for at least 4 months.

sporty, thanks! will try..

Bidosoh, yeah.. i dun allow her to walk too.. but at my mil hse, she allow them to walk abt.. so when i feed at hm, after a while, she wil wan to walk ard... i bought the totseat for her, she refuse to sit in and always wan to stand up.. i wil let her cry till she stop.. but my hubby will carry her.. haiz...
i did try to scoup a bit at a time but after the 2nd scoop, when i walk away, she wil not eat already... started porridge for her when she is 6 mths...

for me, i seldom give tidbits.. just some of her organic puffs when she is watching the tv or seeing us eat...

thx bidosoh, i tot need to sun to rid the pee smell...
1st time washing...
:p

Oh, any bb taking S26 Stage 2 FM? I wonder if their recommend dose is say 6oz each time, can I increase the dose? I find that for stage 2 and 3, the dose has only 1 kind of recommendation.

cljl, i bought the ready made grind brown rice powder. It requires cooking. So we add the grind meat, veg, grind carrot and cook it. She likes it.

kimifin, sunning will demage the latex.

For milk powder, I think all brands are the same. So it all depend on the in-take of the baby. Perhaps slowly increase 1 oz at a time until he reached 8oz. However the powder and water proportion need to be right. Else may constipate.

cljl, actually some children don't accept new taste readily. you just need to keep feeding daily to let them acquire the taste. It may be little initially, their intake will increase as it progresses. My girl takes 2 weeks to acquire new food taste. She only takes about 1 full teaspoon of solid(cereal or porridge) initially. Then slowly she accepted the taste. When we introduce other new food also like that, takes a while to accept the new food. So you can try to give her new food then top up with her usually food afterwards.

I don't know the taste of the brown rice powder. Should not taste like cereal. It has a very nice smell after cooking though. My son says smell like Milo.

TGIF!

bidosoh, will be having a small party for my gal's bday celebration then another small celebration on her actual day!

cljl, no prob!
happy.gif

sporty: ya, pumpkin patch selling winter clothes now.. mothercare also!!! after 1 wk of searching.. still no birthdya dress for my gal!

cljl: my gal is still taking porridge but sometimes will feed her rice when we take our meal.. she's taking the same porridge for 3 meals as i cook in the morning. :p

cljl,

the cerelac is the Brown rice cereal? I find the taste sweet and strong, normally, i Mix it will plain rice cerelac OR healthy times brown rice to bland it.

Yesterday fed bb cheng teng with sweet potato, he initially find the taste funny too.

Currently I also fed him the nestle rice + mixed vege
http://www.nestlebaby.com/sg/baby_nutrition/products/product_detail.htm?stage=2&amp;num=10&amp;pci=15

This one he's ok cos the taste not v strong too.

these are for his breakfast during weekends.

gd morning everyone!

My menses came back yesterday and supply is so low. Dunno can tahan till 1 yr old.

Like to know how many feeds of milk ur baby is taking now?

Bidosoh,
I same as you very boring mum with kids food. My boy also eat 2 meals of the same porridge. So does ur girl knows how to chew? I still blending my boy's porridge as its brown rice but dun blend those root vege, just mashed and feed him hoping he will learn to chew. Actually i believe more variety for them will make them more fussy with food cause have more choices to choose. How's ur boy?

taurus, maybe because we share the same birthday? So abit similar personality?
My girl is having 2 latches, once in the morning before I go to work and once before she sleeps. 2 bottles of ebm each 7oz.

We don't blend the porridge even it is brown rice. We only blend the 'liao'. She don't know how to chew well. I think I may get banana to let her try chewing. She can't even take puffs well.

My boy's allergy still no good. I am tied with work 2 months back til now. Can't take leave. So still haven't bring him to see the Su Yi Shi you have recommended. Will bring him once my implementation is ok. Earliest will be next week.

bidosoh,
Yah hor we shared the same bday.
happy.gif
Hmmm....but won't ur girl unable to digest the brown rice if not blend cause a lot of grains shells. I adjust the consistency based on his poo poo. Constipation also a sign of indigestion. My boy still doesn't want to suck straw after he choked the first time he tried.

The allergy for ur boy still there even he dun touch the food he's allergy to?

taurus, oh yes, my girl also choke when I didn't cook the brown rice porridge long enough. If i cook like for at least 3 hours, she will not have problem eating. BTW, i mix 50-50% brown and white. So the porridge won't have so much grains shells. Another trick is to soak the brown rice overnight before cooking, then don't need to cook for so long. I will use the soak water and rice to cook straight away, so nothing is lost.

sporty, my boy just had 2 perm teeth and both are not straight. In fact the 2nd teeth is very very 'y'. Very worried now as I think it is very much due to thumb sucking. I will be bringing him to see paediatric dentist. Hopefully can put something in his mouth to break the suction so that he will kick the habit.

BTW, his milk teeth are all very straight and nice. Just the perm teeth.

Hi mummies....how's everyone doing?

I've been terribly busy with work until got no time to check this forum or prepare for my baby's birthday party...sigh....but i'm finishing work next week...finally!

For those who are still looking for nice dresses for your baby girl....well, we bought a dress at Bloom at VivoCity....the shop has tons of lovely dresses for little girls! Highly recommended! Bloom is along the same stretch as Mothercare....I think it took over the shop space from Lifebaby.

Back