(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

sporty,
my gal is still in the tub.. coz she can't stand without support yet... will only start using the shower when she can stand steadily without support coz there's nothing in the bathroom for her to hold on..
happy.gif

Paperger.. My gal also tk chwee kueh w/o cai po..

Starrz.. My gal eat porridge twice a day

Shihui.. I / my mum bath my gal twice a day.. Morning need to shampoo hair so will use tub.. Evening juz bath body.. We let her sit on bathroom floor tgen bath her using showrr.. Before we dry her w towel.. Will let her stand up then wash her under..

Hi all! Long time no 'talk'! Hee...

Sporty, I still use the tub, but my girl prefers to stand now. Since she can't stand unsupported and my bathroom is small, she uses my toilet bowl for support! But I still fill the tub with water and use the water to sponge bath her.

Re: food
My girl has cereal for breakfast, porridge for lunch, fruits for teabreak at IFC. Dinner is either porridge or cereal, depends whether I have time to cook the porridge in the morning.

Haven let her try other food yet, except for baby biscuits and plain bread. I'm super unadventurous. Haha...

<font color="119911">saintbaby</font>, long time no see u here.
happy.gif

<font color="119911">sporty</font>, hanging on. she still cruising around. she dun dare to walk on her own, at most 3 steps. but now improve liao, at least hold her hand she dare to walk liao. the other day i hold 1 hand then she carry lantern in her other hand and she walked. so cute. hehehe. i still put her in the tub. she love playing with the water.

<font color="119911">starrz</font>, my girl is taking 2-3 times milk and 3-4 times porridge now. if she dun wana eat porridge then we will replace with cereal. in between i also give her fruit puree or baby yogurt at times.

<font color="119911">adelynn</font>, wah! kudos. so hard working.

The thread is finally alive...
happy.gif

Bidosoh,
U also lose weight very fast. Now i also damn skinny. Skinny till my butt also flatten.

swantson,
My boy also like to knock his head on things. He like the sound he made with the knocking but he do it gently. I was so worried that is a sign of autism but seeing so many babies here are also doing it so it should be normal.

paperger85,
Yah plain chwee kueh should be fine. But with oil and salt better not. Tell ur mil that babies can't eat everything adults eat, if not problems will arise. I am going slow when comes to introducing food cause dun want to stress his digestive system.

Hi saintbaby,
long time never see u here.

Hi starrz,
There's no fixed guideline to introduce 3 meals by when but of course as they grow older we need to gradually introduce 3 meals as milk may not be enough for them. My boy is taking 1 meal of cereal and 2 meals of porridge.

Hi saphira,
Hi long time no see. Your boy is still feeding 2 times at night? From what i know sleep is #1, food is #2. They should be sleeping thru the night by now as is beneficial for their brain development and health.

sporty,
My boy still bathing in a tub filled with water as he still can't stand steadily.

bathtub/shower:

When he was in tub, I started use some water and sprinkle on his head n face, then wet the sponge and drip over his head...

Then I shower him a few weeks back, cos his pattern is cannot lay down still during diaper change, so water his butt is the fastest way...

I let him sit on the floor or let his chest supported on my lap if he stands.

normally he is occupied with his toy, so i put shower head over him and try not to let him "drk" too much water as I wipe off the water from his face sometimes.

anyone got new ideas for veges for bb?

I tried only:
pumpkin
carrot
sweet potato
potato
broccoli

any more new ideas? wat about leafy veges and how to prepare?

adelynn,paperger85 both our girls are born on the same day. Both your girls seems to be smarter. Mind will just roll her face on my chest when she really desperate to latch.

Weight loss, another way is to cut carbo. I only eat 3/4 bowl of rice when i want to loss weight.

sporty, my girl not really too eager to latch. She is very routine, just latch before her sleep. Then in the morning time when she wakes up she will latch. During the weekend, she will latch when her 'meal' is due. Basically she don't take me like her moomoo cow.

kimifin,
I also same as you, only tried the above veges you mentioned. Oh but i also gave cabbage and onions. Leafy vege not sweet so will only introduce later.

Mommies,

I'm surprised to read that many of the babies are standing unsupported, while bathing too. Wow!

My baby boy can stand 'unsteadily' but only with support. He still crawls to get from one spot to another.

What is the next stage after crawling? Do they just crawl and then stand up and walk overnight? Just curious.

Kanelmo,
I recently saw my boy can do this action, palms on the floor, feet on the floor(like touching toes if u r standing) and butt high up in the air, so I think is he might be able to puch himself up to stand for the next stage.

Taurus,
cool...onions, how do you prepare? can we cook n freeze onions?

swanston: no choice man, wana lose the weight but dont seem to be working, run for nthg. haha

kimifin: try parsnip, spinach, cabbage, zucchini? for leafy veg, ill just thro inside the porridge to cook before i wana serve porridge.

bidosoh: no lar every bb's reaction is different to the things, my girl is kena 'taught' my her aunties and uncle, thats why so naughty. haha

thanks all for the feedback / advise on meals.

Wow swanston, ur gal is having 3-4 times porridge ah.. so good!
Actually i also want my gal to eat 2 times porridge but my MIL no time to cook for her 2 times coz bb canot be left alone so MIL have to constant looking after her.

<font color="119911">kimifin</font>, i also give spinach. i usually "slice" them into strips before boiling it with the porridge.

<font color="119911">bidosoh</font>, i only eat half a bowl of rice but i still put on weight.
sad.gif

<font color="119911">adelynn</font>, maybe u developed muscles leh?
happy.gif

<font color="119911">starrz</font>, coz she take abt 6 tablespoon of porridge each meal only. so hafta give more meals lor. actually my mum and i cook porridge and feed her the same for the whole day one. we dun cook separately. just keep it warm can le.

<font color="119911">paperger85</font>, my girl also swallow her food whole most of the time. so far she is ok with sliced spinach in porridge.

paperger: yes i do, i dice them up before putting them in porridge. by now they should be quite good at swallowing and some of them already know the 'chewing' action. my girl now bites off her baby bites biscuits instead of sucking on it waiting for it to melt.

swanston: haha, i wished lor, but sadly no, still flabby le...

Hi mummies, my girl still can't sit on her own without support , only has half a tooth popping out &amp; can't crawl yet! Now I gan cheong liao. Don know why late development...maybe coz she is a premature??? Hmmm...

Now she's taking 4 x milk 150ml each n 2 porridge. Do u all think I should increase her solid food??? Plus I not very ga rang in giving her new food... Only tried sweet potato, spinach, pumpkin, carrot &amp; Huai San, pork n fish.

What should be their weight n height at this stage? Any idea?

And also... Hw to lose the flabby tummy n reduce weight? I still have 7kg to lose n tummy still as though preggy. Tried reducing intake of food but doesn't work. Think must start exercising.

On bf: I just stop bf. No more ss
sad.gif
envy all mummies who is still bf-ing. I miss the bonding/latching time with my girl. Jia You to all bf mummies!

rgding porridge, i will cook with, pumpkin + purple spinach + potato + carrots + cauliflower + mince meat + corn + salmon..all mix in..

my boy is abt 10kg..height 75cm..

for BF, now i dont pump already, very very lazy...i just latch whole day...

happy.gif

swanston, don't envy me lah. I am getting fat recently. Over eat. I stopped my walk after I went back to work since March. So gettng fatter and fatter. So cool, your gal able to cruise. My girl is far from it. She can't even crawl with all fours. Still crawling like a snake, with tummy on the floor.

Bathing, she is still using the tub.

Height and weight can refer to the health book. I guess as long as over 50% percentile is considered good.

wooo...so many posts today!

paperger, if ur mil's the main caregiver of ur bb, u juz have to "close" one eye la cuz old pple always think they are "more experienced" than us lor... what i normally do is smile whenever they do tha then complain to my hb after tha!!

shihui/paperger/peipei/taurus, thks for sharing abt the bathing method...mine also cant stand w/o support...thas why still using tub...but i did use shower head on her before but with her sitting down on the bathroom floor... last time for my #1, when i started to shower him...i kiap him between my legs with him standing up to bathe him...

swanston, i think ur xy shd walk soon cuz her motor skills already v advanced...

bidosoh, yes she v eager but i am trying to wean her off my boobs these few days... my gal also crawling ard like a snake...hahha

kanelmo, normally its crawling...then standup holding onto something... then crusing ard holding to table/cot etc... then first few steps...

rainz, dun worry...my gal juz started to crawl only...every bb's pace is diff la...dun worry!! my gal is abt 9.5kg and 75cm...

sporty, so you are really stopping bf? Working is really difficult to bf. Really sian. Sometimes really busy with work and still need to squeeze time to pump. But I phobia, don't dare to stop. The last time I stop bf, my boy start falling sick and kena bronchitis and then become rhinitis. So i regret til now. Of course every child are different. Still I have this phobia thing in me, so will stop after my girl turn at least 2.

bidosoh, yeah gonna stop when my gal turns 1 as i did 1 yr for my boy also, so better be fair huh?! haha... anyways juz needed my life back esp after bonding with the pump for so many mths... i wanna go travelling, work in peace, meet my frens/colleagues for long lunches instead of rushing back to pump, relieve myself of lugging 2 bags to work, spend more time with the family instead of the pump, etc etc...

Bidosoh, I experienced the same for my gal. When I started to cut down on the number of BM for my gal, she started to fall sick frequently. When i stopped totally when she reached 9 months, she got bronchitis. Well, I did feel bad cos I shld have persisted on. But I know it's also a growing process for her. Given that she's in IFC, it's more unavoidable. So I decided to 'forgive' myself! Haha... So, dun blame yourself for what had happened, life goes on.

Wow, seems like a lot of bb are heavier and taller than my girl!! Her weight gain was slowed down by her illness. Sigh. But she looks happy, so I dun really bother. Hee... But my gal seems to eat a lot, she had 5 x 150ml of milk (used to be 180ml before she was sick) and 3 solids meal per day, with snacks like fruits and biscuits in between. Hmm... Where the food goes to??

Anyway, can I check if any of u uses slow cooker to cook porridge? I use my slow cooker to cook porridge for my gal before I leave my house ard 7am for her dinner feed. Within a week, I have 3 incidents of burning the porridge and no porridge for her. I used HIGH, it went chow tar... I used AUTO, chow tar too... I used LOW, porridge still very watery. Sigh... Cos I cook my porridge for 12 hours, how shld I tackle this? Any advice??

Morning mummies,

How long do you take to feed your babies their porridge? My girl takes one hour to finish one bowl of porridge. Issit too long? She like to keep her food in her mouth and refuse to swallow so we got to wait for her to swallow her food...

Pei pei.. Why dun u use a thermal pot to cook porridge? 12hrs for slow cooker quite long.. Or try put more water then put auto?

Paperger.. My gal also like to gam her food in her mouth.. I tk ard 45 mins to feed her.. Sometimes to mk her eat faster.. I will pretend to snatch porridge from her.. She kancheong then will eat faster..

pei pei,
try using thermal container.. i cook the rice with meat in the morning till the rice is very soft already.. then pour into thermal flask.. by night time, the porridge is very very nua liao.... i will then boil chopped vege in water n add into the porridge..

btw,
i haven't intro walker to my gal leh.. am thinking of skpping the walker since she dun use the walker in infantcare... anyone oso dun use walker for their bb?

shihui, your thermal container is the thermal pot right? not the food jar hor...

i only have one big one... too big to cook porridge just for my gal... i have food jar from Tiger, but dun tink can cook leh, but very good at keeping food hot...

pei pei, i think maybe u can switch on high for about an hour for it to boil then change to low before you leave the house. I tried before and it works.

I have introduce fresh shitake mushrooms, pasta, cod fish to my gal...

Shihui,
introduce walker to my gal, but she hate it. She will scream when we put her inside. Luckily i borrowed it frm my fren else really waste $

MM6J is here to ask u all to PAY MONEY for the mass first birthday celebration on Sunday, 28th November 2010:

POSB Savings: 037-684-651
Payment deadline: Friday, September 24th 3pm SHARP

Any adult (including helpers) who will be consuming the buffet needs to pay $18.00 per pax.

Any adult (including helpers) who is not consuming the buffet needs to pay $5 per pax.

Toddlers (FOC)

Babies born in Oct/ Nov 09 (FOC)

Any questions just post here please.
happy.gif

If you are transferring via internet banking, please indicate nick and amt transferred. If you are transferring via atm, please state date, time and amount transferred.

Thanks
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi taurus,

with such an unexpected huge turnout, the venue has been changed to grassroots club @ yio chu kang.

if the venue is an issue to anyone, please let us know cos if the number of pax is "cut" then we may consider reverting to the original venue in orchard. thanks
happy.gif

Hi taurus033,
Ya, can't come in that often now cause company changed to new boss with fish eye lens.

Night feed: My boy wakes up twice on his own when we are sleeping at night. The easiest way to put him back to sleep is latching
happy.gif

Bath:
Both my kids bath together in a pool of bath tub. It's fun time to them.

Porridge,
My boy can only finish 1/2 bowl. Doesn't really know how to chew yet. Small drinker and small eater but very active. Weight is 8.7kg.

Breast milk:
Ya, it's tough when we are working but when I think about his health, this becomes a daily routine to me. At night when he does sleep long hours I will have engorgements. So, that mean no long night sleep for me as long as I am still breastfeeding. It will be harder for me now but easier in the long run.

MM6J, I have transferred the money for the gathering for 2A + 1B. My attendance is confirmed and no longer KIV.
happy.gif

Thanks for organizing.

Amount S$36.00
Transaction Reference 3138791225

thanks Karen
happy.gif

Jus to note ladies, swanston is also ACTIVELY helping to organise at this point. PLease also direct your thanks to her. Cheers!
happy.gif

Saphira, I agree that bf and keeping them healthy is the best in the long run. My girl was down with flu 2 weeks back. She kept crying and I can't sleep for 2 nights. I myself fall sick after that. Though pumping has disrupted my work, we falling sick will all the more disrupt work and health. So I will hang on until she turns 2.

I stop bf my boy when he turn 9mths. So this is the mark, but I am not going to stop so soon this time. His allergies has turn really bad. Just last night after eating a slice of pancake (choco and cheese favour). His eyes are very very very swollen and itchy and he has running nose after eating that for just 15 minutes. The swell has subside this morning, still left with 10%. His teacher called and question me what happen to him. His eyes looked that he has been crying through the night. I told her that its caused by allergies. So if bf is going to help to keep their health in check, I won't give up so easily.

Back