(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

anyone gg to get cakes from "Room for dessert"? Their carrot cake is nice..

Anyone gg to isetan pte sale tml? Heard that toys gg at 30% off..

Rue: tmr u on leave ar.. heehee me baking my own cake too..but yes i agree with u tat Room for dessert has nice AND healthy carrot cake..tried b4 =)

Taurus: Tks for advice =) My colleague say the durian ones are nice though i nv tried them myself.. i dun really take snowskin mooncakes

Bidosoh: hi hi!!! Wow salute u le.. u walk everyday ar??!?! how long did u take?!?!

Rue,
I got my girl 1st birthday cake from room for dessert. Yes their carrot cake is nice, thinking to get it for my boy but now they no longer offer delivery so still considering.

MM6J,
Fruit ones is it snowskin? Have u tried their baked skin? There's a BP going on for gwp mooncakes now.

Raerae,
I prefer baked skin but i like Raffles hotel Champagne Truffle & Ganache. Wow u also baking ur own cake so u also baking expert.

raerae,
not taking leave tml. If were to go, will go after work. my site gg to raffles hotel for afternoon tea on thur, so dun be shocked if u see all lights off.

Hi Mummies, i have been MIA for a while....
Can check if there is any recommended school for trial class?

Thanks
happy.gif

Hi hi! Paperger85 I salute U! U can even think of making cheese cake & Hazelnut chocolate cake ah! If i can do plain sponge cake i already very happy! hahah...

My whole mind these day is thinking how to plan my boys b-day! Haha...stuck between budget & my dream but i know my boy dont really care what party he has but its me the mama here being KS! Hee...birthdat stuff are really exp man! I calculating the cake cost its coming close to $200 :p

The big gathering on 28 Nov i cant go as that the actual b-day of my boy which we are doing a private event. Do take alot of pic to share!

hi ladies, haven't logged on for ages.

paperger, you make me salivate with your hazelnut choco cake! i baked chocolate cake for jovan's one year birthday, but that's about it. rectangular simple choco cake with nothing fanciful.

rue, i love room for dessert.

hi velo! I'm doing my girl's bday on her actual day too!! well, it's really a headache planning for the party... basically my hb doesn't care, he only cares about the budget... whereas mummy here wants everything for the little girl... haha... i think ultimately it's more like a mummy's party... :p

i also cant join for the big gathering... looks like it's going to be a lot of fun! do look forward to all the nice nice photos too.
happy.gif

taurus, i think the black currant flavour tasted very strong, i also dun like the taste... ic, have fun baking at home! i dun have an oven at home and dun wanna mess up my hse, thas why going outside to do it :p i hope i can make it for the gathering too as i may have something on on tha day
happy.gif

rue, sounds like good discounts at IPS...update us on good deals eh!
happy.gif

cinderelliemum, u can try kindermusik, gymboree, GUG, playdays or JG...

mbj, u bz with work eh? never see u ard for ages! haha...

yanyan, hope u had fun at hk!

peipei, my hb always say tha bb's first bday party is mummy's party cuz its to satisfy the mummy not the bb cuz the bb kno nothing at all :p LOL

Morning mummies!

Velco - I'm also planning bb's birthday! Food alone gonna spend a bomb! $200 is good enough to bake a huge cake so I really dont want to spend that kind of money.

mbj - oh yes! I salivate at the thought of the cake too! Praying hard that it will turn out okay!

Morning Mummies!Greetings from Taiwan!

peipei: its always like that. HB is the 'logical' one, mummy is the 'i want everything pretty for their bday'

raerae, i took 30-45minutes to walk 2.5-3.5km. I made a mistake. I actually walked 3.5kim twice a day during the 3 last weeks of my preg. So its 7km a day. I know its alot, as I was hoping that my gal will come out earlier to prevent me from going through c-section. However, no leh, she didn't come out 1 day before her due day. So I need to go for c-section. My main reason for walking so much is because I have mild gestational diabetes. Especially the last 3 weeks where diet control and 2.5km of walking is not working well. I was put on insuline jab twice daily, but I refused to jab. Hence, I decided to increase my walks. It works for me, I am able to control my sugar very well and makes me healthy. It all paid off, as my gal's glucose level is normal when she is born. PD commented that luckily i am determined not to jab insulin, as it usually result in low glucose level when bb are born.

sporty, ok, which saturday to start with? Also can invite mummies here to join. It is good to let my gal meet friends of here age. Nowadays, she literally squeal with delights when crawling around with her brother. Keep giggling and going wild during her tummy time at night before sleep. So cute.

Momoko, eastgal, sporty... Thanxs gal.. I haf learnt to b strong tho at time still shed tears.. It takes time to heal..
happy.gif
I will jia you...

Wah see the bash list really make mi gien to bring my gal there but I can't
sad.gif
.. Sigh
sad.gif
mm6j, need help to source for anything? I can help out in that..
happy.gif

Since can't celebrate my sweetie bday, I will just use the chalet as normal family cum fren gathering.. Will b having BBQ n potluck most likely lol.. However I m tinking of getting cakes for her to eat but no singing n blowing of candles.. Still tinking which cake to buy
sad.gif

Btw ladies who tried the room for desserts, is their cupcakes nice?? As for cakes, which type nicer??

Alamak double post.

Btw I am planning to send my gal to play sch when she turns 2. Anyone got know of any good sch to recommend ard commonwealth area?? I am looking at mind champs but damn ex
sad.gif

sporty, yup, busy this week too cos my boy has holiday program, so shuttle between work and town and home and also, he's starting school at my school next week so got to get ready too.

the 1st oct i wanted to join too, but sigh, i think will be too crowded nowadays i very scared of crowded places. think will go to tanglin tree for celebration instead cos it is also my wedding anniversary on children's day. lol.

Hi hi Adelynn!!! meet up soon ok...

eastgal, where are you? how's renovation?

carolac thank you for making time for meeting today. so sorry i was in a rush to leave.
meet up soon.

mm6j, PM-ed you. keke.

yeah...start of my long weekend!!

cindrelliemum, no prob...i brought my #1 for JG trial last time, i find it not bad...but their playclub class on weekends only starts from 18 mths if i rem correctly...

adelynn, enjoy urself and have fun in taiwan
happy.gif

bidosoh, yah...u can organise also...see which mummies keen to join us...hehe

anise, hope to catch up and see u soon...think the last time i saw u was at 333 :p

mbj, no wonder la...hopefully next week will be better for u since J1 going to same skool...

taurus> yes, snowskin. my office also gg to have corporate discount next week. i am a snowskin pandan yolkless mooncake lover also. wahahah

anise, very nice of u to offer. will fb msg u.
happy.gif
take care okay! the days will get better..

mbj, got ur pm!! u super good lah!!
happy.gif
i also scared of crowded places. i tink of the 1st oct got kids wee wee inside the water i also don wanna go liaos. wahhahahah

sporty> wah long weekend ah! :p enjoy urself!!
happy.gif

Morning all!

Sorry la..been so busy of late so i can only be a silent reader..nothing to contribute...hehehe

MBJ_ I super busy leh..work, baby, renovation and sourcing of furniture and household items...and also preparing for little M's birthday bash..looking for cupcakes and 3d cakes and photographer...I dun tink that day itself I will have time to snap pictures as got like 60 relative and friends..so am going to get a photographer to do the job. Bo Bianz, its his first birthday so I will make it a nice one for him.
Lucky everyday go home dead tired but see Mikail smiling and waving at me just makes my day ;)

hi ladies, those who employed confinement lady, any good confinement lady to intro? my colleague is looking for 1 in feb/mar 2011. tia!

yeah..long weekend!! lol

eastgal, i also getting photographer cos with 2 of them to handle plus everything else, i worry end up no photos. haha.
so instead of having studio shoot, i save the money for birthday lor.

Hihi,

Yeah, I'm looking for a photographer too. Can someone recommend me too?!?

I'm thinking of checking out Fidgets this weekend.

morning...
bo lang ah...
so fast this thread is deserted liao ah! haha

mbj, yes getting a photographer is impt! if not we where go time to take pics rite? where are u having J2's party at?

Hi Sporty

Haha bo lang really... I think all hung over from long weekend le..hai cant believe its Monday again.. must tong till Nov den got another PH haha

paperger, u can see under the business section in this forum...so far i tried studio loft & foto u...not bad
happy.gif

juz a show of hands...who is still bfing now? and how long u all wanna continue bfing?

hihi,
been long since i last visited the forum... :p

raerae,
i oso having hangover.. n i'm on special duty for the coming PH... will hav to wait till 17th Nov for my next PH...
sad.gif

sporty,
still breastfeeding now.. but exclusive pump out.. coz my gal wean off latching by herself when she was 9 mth old... i think maybe my ss lesser liao... drinking fr bottle faster compared to latch.. :p

planning to continue till she's 1 year old.. then i will stop liao.. already decreasing my pump frequency slowly...

sporty, me also still bfeeding now.... latching on at night still....
btw, i got one problem here dunno how to resolve.... i think my gal prefers latching to bottle anytime ..... how to get her to really drink from bottle? my maid say she has been struggling to bottle feed her for 90% of the time..... and as a result, she drinks very little from bottle.... at most 60ml and then got to coax, use syringe or even spoon to finish the remaining 90ml and can drag to an hour just to do that... i'm at my wits end now cos early Oct, i might have to go on biz trip and as such, i want to weane her off night latching but it's so tough.... i tried to give her bottle at night before zzz but she will scream the whole house down... everynight the screaming can last really an hour and no improvement..... how how how????

raerae, how long will be a temp sahm in oct? "enjoy" wor
happy.gif
heheh

shihui, u started to intro fm to ur gal liao eh?

ariesgal, my gal also hooked on latching...she will crawl to me whenever she sees me home, like cant wait to latch like tha...i am slowly trying to wean her off the boobs...sometimes i will let her suckle for awhile until like 5 mins later, i quickly tricked her by using bottled ebm...sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt lor... my gal will only drink from bottle when she is really hungry la...if not dunno why she will always zun zun leave 70ml in the bottle after she drinks, then we have to feed her the balance 70ml in the next hr...

sporty,
yupyup.. she will hav one FM a day.. initially very difficult to feed FM to her... now she's taking it better liao... but she still show preference to EBM compared to FM.. she can oso differentiate between freshly expressed, 1 day and 2 day EBM... :p

sporty, same lor.... she will leave more than half of the feed in the bottle and when we try to give bottle again,she will shake her head and started screaming.... she sees me only also like can't wait to latch (like a dog panting like that)... and she can latch even though it's only 45 mins after her dinner of porridge... but i show her the bottle only she started screaming and sometimes even hitting me... i tried to trick her with also latching and switching to bottle and never succeeded so far... she know immediately once i want to put the bottle into her mouth... like got sensor like that... i stressed man....

shihui, which fm u feeding her eh? i plan to start fm when i cut to 2 pumps lor...hopefully she can accept it ba...if not dunno how man! haha ... wah, ur gal is good, can diff between diff kind of ebm/fm...haha''

ariesgal, seems like ur gal is more hooked than mine! hehe... maybe ur biz trip will give her a chance to go cold turkey lor... i also slowly try to let her latch less...

sporty, i'm still breastfeeding and I intend to carry on for as long as possible. My girl still wakes up 2 times a night for milk and its too tiring for me to actually wake up and make milk for her so BM is the best.

paperger: weather is HOT!!! n raining....

MBJ: i'm on leave this fri, wanna have a playdate? maybe bring the kids go swimming?

sporty: im still BF-ing too, not sure when i wanna stop le, Stevlynn's like addicted to the breast. now when she wanna latch, she'll point to me and say neh neh *faints*

shihui: wah ur ger so clever know how to differentiate.

sighs, my trusty duo pump died on me, now using manual, hands wanna break man, this is sure to affect my supply...

hi everybody! Im back from Taiwan! so fast holiday ends...

was very tiring throughout as need to sling her all the way.. bf is also a killer as not alot of places have nursery rms and once i express milk in the car! ahahaha....

sporty, im bf too.. but after this taiwan trip, express only 3 times a day and total output only at most 400ml max! not sure if can last till she 1 yr.. if not she gt to tahan on fm liao....

sporty,
hahah.. my gal is quite a picky eater.. who knows in future she may become a food critic.. hahaha.. :p

i started her with Nan HA.. but she hated it... giving her Similac now... she's taking it better aft some resistance initially...

ariesgal,
my boy used to resist bottle when he was a baby.. each botlefeeding session took 2 hours.. eventually bobian, got to totally wean him off the breast b4 he started to accept the bottle... but i'm lucky in a way.. he stop latching shortly aft he started teething (coz i kept scolding him when he bite me)..

paperger, jia you...peifu u tha u wanna bf as long as u can
happy.gif

adelynn, ur gal so cute...still can point and say nehneh...hope she wun do it outside, if not kinda embarassing :p u getting any replacement duo pump since the old one died?

cljl, welcome back!
happy.gif
i also pump 3 times a day now...gonna cut down to 2 soon!! another 2 mths plus to go...juz hang on for bfing, some bm is better than none!

shihui, i planned to start my gal on similac when i cut down to 2 pumps...hope she wun give me any probs...

im cutting on my pumps already but needs to cut somemore haiz ... 3 wks more to stop bf .. i havent started 2 pumps yet .. nw doing 4 pumps .. erm my little boy also havent started fm also haha ..

sporty, so fast u going to cut down to 2 ah? now my pumps are 8 hrs apart sometimes onli like 110ml ans sometimes can go up to 180ml.. siao siao one lo....

Back