(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

hi mommies,

Authentic Coach Big C logo Shoulder bag Letting go at @$120!

Sincere buyer please quote your best price, NEGOTIABLE.

BRAND NEW condition. Comes with dust bag.
Coach1
Coach2

Please PM me. Thanks.

cljl, your 1/2 cup rice is before cooking rite? After cooking should be alot alot of porridge liao mah.

the 9 cubes/tablespoon i mentioned is after cooking leh.

oic, you just chop and add into porridge, but you blend your porridge before feeding rite. For me the veggie/meat already blended, so as long as the porridge soft soft he is ok with it.

Sol current schedule is roughly like that :

6am latch and back to sleep
7:30 wake and watch big sis get ready for school
9am feed 200ml milk, starting yesterday gave some yorgurt for breakfast.
10 - 11 morning nap
12pm lunch, porridge
2 - 4pm afternoon nap
5:30pm dinner, porridge
7pm bathe
8pm latch if mummy already home, otherwise 200m bottle, wind down and bed time

oh yah, my porridge, I added brown rice powder to it when cooking. Cos got a lot of brown rice powder left.

As for fruits, there were some meals over the last few weeks, that we gave only fruit for lunch/dinner (example, he had a whole avocado for lunch on Sat). I think can give a bit of fruit after the mid afternoon milk feed, that's what we used to do with my #1.

waaaaaa i wanna bath my son at night also .. give him wipe down at night is a torture and nightmare .. buttons undone (my clothes instead of his .. dun ask me why and how ..) .. its a real battlefield every night ...

anastasia,
just curious, do you wake him up to bathe, or he auto wake up? Any reason why you don't let him sleep through till morning?

oh.. okie one stupid q.. can i mixed the puree fruits that is ready made example gerber puree fruits into the cereal instead of the fruits that puree ownself?

Oh my, i sound so stupid asking this q..

Hi Angeline>> I wake him up to bathe. He sleeps at 7pm, so he won't be able to last all the way till 7am without a milk feed at around 11pm. With milk feed at 11pm, he can sleep through till next morning 7am.

Hi Starrz>> Yes, you can =)

anastasia, mine also super active.. but doesnt eat as much as ur son... mine dun even wan to drink water lo.. but then.. wun milk n porridge make him too full? wil he be mixed up between milk n water?
whow.. its gd that you boy slps in his own rm.... my gal slp beside us on mattress n she can turn till the end of the mattress and fall off lo.. faint....

adelynn, then i onli can do fresh on wkends... wkdays, think my mil will not do it de lo.. tel her ltr she dun understand, will be even worse lo...

andeline, 1/2 cup is too much liao.. her 2 meals is abt 1/4 cup onli... i meant after cooking, i scoop out the porridge for her is abt 2 big tablespoon lo... isit very little?
for spinach, i juz chop then add in porridge to cook.. for those harder veg, i will boil first then add in.. meat wise, its jus flavoring.. so she dun eat the meat...
errm.. i cook the porridge for 2 hrs, so shld be quite ok liao.. so i nvr blend be4 she eats....

can add brown rice powder to the porridge ah? mine is not e instant one..

e schedule shld be more or less abt the same ba...

maybe i shld try fruits after milk.... i steam apple for her be4 bt she refuse to open her mouth leh.. hahaha...

oh ya.. fed my gal broccoli for tis wk n then her whole body gt red dots.. means she cant take broccoli?

anastasia,
sorry I just kpo arh. I think you did a great job with your boy's schedule. It looks very good to wake at 7am and wind down to sleep at 6:30/7. But it bugs me that you have to wake him up to bathe at 10. I am OK with the night bathing thing. In fact, I am a nite bather myself. But if bb is sleeping well, why still wake him up? Very ke-lian leh. I understand the need to nite feed, can you dream feed him the 11pm milk?

Sorry arh for being so kpo. Just that from the books I've been reading, after bb is eating well on 3 solid meals a day, there should be no need to feed the 11pm milk anymore. That way, BB can sleep the good 12 hours from 7pm to 7am. If he gets into habit of waking up every nite at 10pm, you might run into problem in the future.

don't get upset with me hor... I just sharing my thoughts. hope you don't mind.

Cljl_I think it should be OK to bathe or wipe them with warm wet towel.
I also do that. With this kind of hot weather, what we want is comfort for our little ones before winding them down to sleep.
Normally, by 9:30pm, after all the playtime and bonding we have, I will bring baby into the bedroom, wipe him with wet towel all over from head to toe and change him into his pajamas. As if he knows, normally after that I give him his milk and just put him into the hammock and he will sleep within less than 5 mins...dun need to rock or carry which makes putting him to bed at nite a breeze. So far so good.
happy.gif

cljl,
my brown rice is not instant too, its the medical shop kind. But I bought 1kg and still have soooo much left. So now I just put into the slow cooker with the raw rice grains and cook the porridge together. I think it makes the porridge tastier too.

2 tablespoon cooked porridge, is after you add the veggie? or after add veggie become maybe 4 tablespoon?

I am not expert lar, but I like to read books on baby topics. From the few books I read on weaning, most mentioned 1st week of weaning expect 1 tablespoon or so. After 4 weeks of weaning, about 9 tablespoon or so.

Sometimes my boy cannot finish his portion too (but on most days he does). We just let him be. He is takes very little on day 1, he will take more on day 2.

but if your bb is taking very little over a long period of time, maybe can see if he is drinking too much milk? Maybe his milk is filling him so much that no appetite for solids?

oh dear, got red dots. very obvious arh? stop the brocolli for 1 week, wait for the dots to clear up first. Next week, give a bit of brocolli again and look out for reaction. If again red dots, maybe really not ready for brocolli yet.

sometimes red dots can also be body too hot?

starrz, you finally started on cereal. how was it?

anastasia, hi.
you seem to be enjoying motherhood with your son sleeping by himself through the night, eating such a variety of food in good amounts.
is he your first? for me, even after 2kids, i still find motherhood a battle. do come in and share your tips often ok.
my girl sleeps around same time as your son, about 730-1030pm, then she will fuss, but i don't wake her up, i just latch her and let her sleep back again, but, after that latch, she doesn't sleep all the way through still, think more of a habit to latch then hungry liao, cos these few nights, she fuss in the middle of the night but latch a while only sleep again.

angeline, is sol taking slightly textured food now? my girl still can't "chew", gags all the time.
are you still rushing home every evening to settle her? previously your helper can't feed her or something like that right?

cljl, if got red dots appear after taking, maybe you monitor, could be allergy to it.

ayukie, you funny lei, from shower baby become battle lei. haha.
what time you wipe him every night? maybe he sleepy liao..

yesterday brought my girl for her 2nd dose rotavirus vaccine, i know super late, but no choice cos that time got ban on the vaccine, then when ban lifted, my girl got hfmd, so drag till now.
today bringing her for her first pneumoccocal jab.
sigh, fever again...

angeline, book says 3 solid meals is enough to last slp throughout? so i shld intro more solid then she can slp early.. every night she slps at ard 10.30 to 11 leh... wan to let her slp earlier lo...

Eastgal, i only wipe her with warm towel lo... whow! i envy leh.. put in hammock n he slp within 5 mins.. mine.. after her last feed at 1015pm, i give her, her pillow n she will toss n turn stand up sit down play a while in darkness n fall aslp by herself lo... even i pat her n sing song to her, she juz dont slp...

eastgal,envy envy. yours also sleep so easily? but you funny lei, mikail sleeps hammock? is it the sarong type? yesterday at clinic, i weigh my girl, kauz, only 8.1kg nia. mikail still the best, next time you go wild wild wet must jio us ok.

wow.. seems like many babies are already on 2 feeds of solid. I'm only giving my gal porridge for lunch. So I can start to give dinner as well har? She is 7 months liao..

angeline, mine is the Si Sen brown rice powder leh.. she hates the taste.. hahaha.. can add this to her porridge? or cant?

2 big tablespoons is after veggie added liao lo... sometimes i feed her 3 tablespoon lo... my MIL say too much for her.. bt then.. she will noe hw to reject if she full rite?
milk wise, she drinkin 200ml bt for night time, cant finish.. not sure y.. so we just let her be lo.. after a while she will slp till the next morning...

ya red dots quite obvious.. all over her face legs hands n body.. think could be allergy liao.... bt i tot broccoli shld be fine? i stopped giving her already lo. nw back to spinach...

body hot possible bt is onli after i gif her broccoli then red dots appear...

but how u all prepare the broccoli? soak in hot water for 5 mins then chop into slow cooker to cook with porridge?

im just too lazy to read books lo.. haha....

mbj, yeah.. i stopped liao.. now giving her spinach lo...

ayukie, u battle when shower baby.. mi battle with her when i change into her pyjamas n pampers at nite lo.. like war! ahahaha...

waaa i haven started my boy on porriadge yet you all starts liaoz haiz ... i feels sooo bad for being so late .. anyway im givin my boy HT oatmeal to try now cause last 2 days eh ahd constipation and i had to help him poo his poo out yest .. haiz ..

mbj - my boy is ok wit bath in fact he likes it but when comes to dry-bathing him its a real battle and takes me half an hr to get him wipe down and changed and his clothes worn .. haiz ..

cljl_With regards to sleep, try not to let baby sleep pass 6pm for his last afternoon nap. So between 6pm to 9plus try to engage them in activities and play. Tire them out and them will be easier to handle when it comes to bedtime. For my boy, when I do that, sometimes by 9pm, he cannot tahan liao, need to sleep he will cry and whimper like very poor thing like that..so I will kn he wants to sleep. And its worked for me so far. if I am lucky, he will sleep thru till 6am. Otherwise, maybe 1 feed at about 4am.

cil - showe is fine its the pjs part its a battle .. and i fear for the time comes for the task every night so sian ..

mbj - i wipe him ard 8pm every night lor ... so shdnt be sleeply he just hates it dunno why .. or he loves being naked best no pampers also .. flip and flip till bth ..

mbj_yes its the sarong type of hammock. But nowadays they sell all those nylon fabrics types with holes... Actually, I never wanted him to sleep sarong but becos mum takes care of him during the day, she ask for it as its easier to rock him to sleep so we bought lor...but so far "touchwood" Mikail is quite a good boy la..when we are out the whole day shopping or at relatives place, he doesnt need the hammock to sleep, once he tired, he will just sleep on my shoulders.
Re: weight_ Actually, someone told me before, food is not the main factor on baby gaining good weight, its more the sleep. Mikail is quite a "sleeper"
happy.gif
. Afternoon naps sometimes can be up to 3 hours if he is in the aircon room with no disturbance.
Hahhaha OK, if I go again, will jio you. Will be staying in Pasir Ris till maybe Sept so should have chance. I have ML every lasst week of the month till Oct. Would prefer to go weekdays though, less crowded.

eastgal, errm... she only slps like 10 mins in the car at 8pm on the way hm frm my mil place.. after that, she will be play till her milk time... even she very tired, she also wun slp lo.. hahaha.... mine like super active lo.... she will stand up, throw herself in front etc.. then after that, she will slp by herself after 20 mins... hahaha... but she slp thru till we leave hm at 7.15am...

ayukie, hahaha... shower is her fav lo.. bt when up frm the bathtub is war time lo.. the moment i put her down, she will turn lo.. haiz... so diff to change her pampers n pyjamas...

mbj,
ya i finally start!!
hmm intially she like quite like it.. but now hor like dun like liao. Think its rather tasteless, so i intend to add fruit puree to make it more tasty.
Feed her is a BIG challenge.. she struggle n struggle a lot, cant sit still.
Btw, how many tablespoon then consider 1 feed ah?

mbj, i don't know if considered texture or not? The rice grains 'burst' already and is soft soft. He is willing to take it like that now, so I don't blend it anymore.

helper is feeding the 5:30 solid dinner now. we schedule a milk feed at 7:30/8 after his bathe. I try to be home by then to latch him, also save me the trouble of pumping.

Oh yah, previously he would get another dream feed at about 10/11pm, but since he started to take his porridge well twice a day, I've been testing to drop this feed. So far, after 3 days, he does wake by habit to ee ee eh eh... but willing to go back to sleep with pat pat shh shh without latching.

cljl,
from the books I read, at 7 mths age, the bbs should be fed enough during the day and don't wake up due to hunger at nite. If yours do wake at nite you may wish to try to figure out if it is due to genuine hunger, or just habit? Sometimes, they also don't sleep at nite cos they sleep too much during the day.

I copy paste your schedule here. I got a few questions to ask before I give you my suggestions

7.30am 200ml of milk (she wake up and play?)
8.00am bathe n nap (why must nap just 30mins after waking up? she sleepy already? really sleep 2 hrs till 12pm?)
12pm wake up for porridge
1.30pm nap (wake up at 12pm, 1.5hr later sleep again? how long is this nap? what time wake up?)
4pm 200ml of milk
7.30pm porridge
10.30pm 200ml of milk (after the 1:30 nap, what time wake up? no more nap until sleep at 10:30?)

eastgal, on. but i don't have swim suit for jovin lei. where you bought yours for mikail?
actually when jovin was first born the first few nights was so terrible that i almost gave in and wanted to buy sarong for her to sleep so i can have easier time but in the end, persevere and till now she can sleep cot easily. only thing is at night she likes to wake up to latch.
wa, you let mikail sleep on your shoulders ar, not scared back ache? keke.
weekdays no problem. i like weekdays too, less crowd.

so many of us is fighting the battle of bb wearing pjs and diapers. Me also.. after finally managed to wear her pjs and diaper, i am full of sweat liao even though jus bath!
And i cant do it alone, normally MIL or hub will be around to distract bb.

Do u all still apply ru yi oil for bb?

cljl_hahaha I guess all babies are different lor. My boy is not super active but he gets carried away sometimes on his walker. Will chiong and try to jump forward to chase my cat, who is terrified of him .hehehe. As for bedtime, regardless whether he is sleepy or not I usually put him in his cot or sarong by 9plus after I change him and let him watch his hanging mobile and play him some music to wind him down. Want to make it a habit so he knows its bedtime. I dun want him to have the habit of sleeping pass 11pm or 12am cos really not so good for babies.

starrz, good good. got take picture of first feed or not? keke. i gave jovin 3 tablespoon (before adding water) on her first feed. now she taking about 5 tablespoon (before water) with some fruits or veg added.
so she taking the nestle rice?
when you free? join eastgal and i go wild wild wet lei.

angeline, my girl can't even take grains after they "burst". faintz. must blend till grains disappear then she willing to eat.

starrz, my husband still puts ru yi oil for her after her bath.

cljl,
mine is the si sen brown rice too. I just add it to the rice and cook together. I believe it should be fine, since both are rice. My Sol likes the taste of the brown rice.

personally, I think 2 tablespoon after add veggie sounds little for 7 mths. You've already been weaning for a few weeks right? Yes BB will signal us when they have enough. They will definately stop opening their mouth if they don't want. My Sol even will push my hand away. I suggest you try giving her more if she likes it and is willing to eat it.

Previously my #1 will eat an adults bowl of porridge when she was 7 mths. But didi got smaller appetite than her.

as I batch freeze my food, for brocolli, I steam till soft, blend and freeze in cubes.

Re: wipe down.
I have same problem. Sol refuses to lie still to be wiped. It such a battle and takes so long. But he loves his showers. So now, if he is sticky, I just remove his clothes, plonk him down on his bath seat and shower him, then pat dry and put on clothes again. Definately cleaner and faster than trying to wipe him.

mbj,
haha i oni take pic of the cereal leh.
3 tablespoon.. opps i only try 3 teaspoon. Jus now, MIL feed her with 2 tablespoon but she cant finish it, heard my hub say that she is sick of the cereal coz after the cereal, she can still drink the milk coz she is not full yet.
Ya she is taking the nestle rice..
Maybe too tasteless coz i mixed with water and not milk..

When u all going? bb so young can go wild wild wet liao ah? i suaku..

MBJ_ya i know what you mean. we the "ang mo" pai and our parents the "old school" pai. So sometimes, cant help it will get conflicts lor. But at times, I just keep quiet and walk off..argue too much they say, I took care of so many grandchildren I cant be wrong. ahhahaaha.
Good for you that Jovin will sleep in her cot. My from day 1 till now he 7 months, he hasnt really sleep thru in it for 1 day. hahaaha. His dad wanted to co-sleep then now want to try to break teh habit also a bit problem.
Ya, I back problem resulted from a few causes: The epi I had when I delivered him, failure to get a proper changing table, so I end up bending a lot during my confinement when changing him...and also from carrying him alot whenever I am at home.hahaahah like a sack of rice. :X

I got Mikail's at FOX baby section. Girls got more choice. I was thinking of getting the thermal type for him from Mothercare but wasnt sure if he would like swimming so didnt buy as it was more expensive than the ones at FOX.

talk about ang mo pai and old school pai. Till this day I keep arguing with my mum that bbs can bath at nite after I come home from work. To her, all bbs must bath in morning when the sun high high. I ask her why, at nite water got ghost issit.

how much does thermal wet suit cost in singapore? I just bought a wet suit vest type for sol for HK$80 / S$15, cheap or expensive arh?

Angeline/Starrz/MBJ
My baby take about 6 to 8 tablespoon of cooked porridge for lunch. MJB_ I also mash the porridge till grainless. The other day gave him biscuit, he nearly choke till face turn red...so I now super "kia si" everything also make it finer for him.
So far I have not added any vege to his feed yet..only add ground Ikan bilis powder to the porridge for taste.
Guilty leh...have not intro vege to him. Only fresh fruits like apple, papaya and banana ( mashed to paste)
as for food jars,I have intro pumpkin/sweet potatoes and sweet peas to him. His favourite is sweet potatoes and he can finish 1 jar at 1 go and still cry for more.

alamak starrz, you take pic of the cereal nia?
actually i think babies dun know what is tasteless till they have tried something tasty. maybe can give different brand of cereal also?

eastgal, i have a thermal one from Konfidence. but that one can only wear when 1-2 years old lei. so need to find one for her to wear now.
wild wild wet got baby area or not btw. which part you brought mikail to?

starrz, if not, we jio eastgal go sengkang swimming pool la. wahaha.
last time my boy only went public pool when he turned 9 months or so i think. too early i also worried but i think with proper swim wear not scared cold ba.

Angeline_ hahaha you damm funny la with the bathing thing. My motehr also same same la.. tell me at nite bathe baby will get sick easily or later stomachache la...haiz!!

Thermal suit at mothercare is about $50 to $60 plus
proud.gif

The one I got from FOX only $23 so I thot try first.

angeline, my mil says after 7pm cannot wash hair wor. even adults. wakakaka. say will have wind into head.
post pic of your thermal suit in your fb lei, got sleeve or not?

eastgal, for veg, i also only gave root veg, those leafy ones i haven't give.

i more kiasi, i haven't give any biscuits to baby cos i follow rather strict on the no flour, no eggs kind of rule when it comes to feeding and a lot of biscuits for baby i find contain salt (even if it's little bit) and may have traces of egg, milk powder,etc. so everyone i know say my girl very poor thing, everything cannot eat.

mbj, ask you mil, waaa wind so smart know how to tell the time on the clock. Recognise that it is 7pm liao and time to sneak into our head. Hee hee. I very bad hor.

i gave Sol those star star biscuit to snack on already. He likes them very much. He can practise self feeding, finger dexterity picking up these small stars and most imptly, buys me some time when I am too busy to entertain him.

the thermal suit. i try to see if can post pic not. Rather busy with packing arrangements these days. Actually the street stall selling it got lots of design. long sleeve, long pant, short sleeve, short pants, no sleeves, no pants. plenty. The one I bought is a sleeveless vest. That way, Sol can just wear swim diapers and then cover the body with this vest. Haven't had chance to let him try it on yet.

MJB_Aiyo I didnt know too much about not giving them biscuits and the no egg no flour rules. Me first time mum and i rather laid back type lor...read on label 7 months old can eat I will buy. hahaha maybe tat's y Mikail is big..
happy.gif

So far I have only given him 1 egg white about 4 sundays ago..then no eggs so far since he started on solid. He is quite a kan cheong eater..feed porridge must give fast and continuous spoon feeds..otherwise he will start making a protest till the spoon goes in his mouth. eat biscuit also, ( i got the vege biscuit, crispy type that will melt once in the mouth) he will take very big bites so now I dun allow him to hold his own biscuits after the near choking incident.

angeline,
7.30am 200ml of milk (she wake up and play?) - wake up to drink n bathe
8.00am bathe n nap (why must nap just 30mins after waking up? she sleepy already? really sleep 2 hrs till 12pm?) - shld be 8.30am.. after bathe she will slp till 12pm for lunch (porridge)
12pm wake up for porridge
1.30pm nap (wake up at 12pm, 1.5hr later sleep again? how long is this nap? what time wake up?) - ya after lunch she will play then slp abt 2 hrs
4pm 200ml of milk
7.30pm porridge
10.30pm 200ml of milk (after the 1:30 nap, what time wake up? no more nap until sleep at 10:30?) - after 1.30pm nap she will slp til abt 3.30pm then after that no more nap until slp at 10.30pm.

okok.. i think i will try to feed her more already...

starzz, haha... its exactly the same for mi! my hub will hold her 2 hands then i change pampers for her lo.. then pyjamas, she will sit down n play with tv remote control while i change... super mafan! and yes i still apply ru yi oil for her...

Eastgal, good for u.. can put in the cot... mine e moment i put her in e cot. she will stand up liao lo... likewise for mattress, she also will stand up.. can see frm my fb... like rascal! ahahaha... after her milk at 10.30pm i will off all lights already... she wil noe its slp time lo.. she will stand up n play on her own n slp...

mbj, hur canot wash hair after 7pm??? i everynight wash hair onli at 9pm lo.. hahaha....

biscuit, i also give her those organic puff... she love it lo.. ahhaha

MBJ,
hehe eastgal mind to go sengkang pool or not...

Ya lor, i take pic of the cereal nia, didnt take pic of bb eating.. so gan cheong in feeding her then forget to take pic leh.
regarding tasteless, coz i think her FM milk is sweeter than the rice cereal so she fuss abt her cereal bah... i anyhow say de...

cljl,
ya lor need help in changing pj etc... if alone think i will cry for help ah.

cljl,
haha not only bath.. every time need to change her diaper, she also struggle until duno like wat....

my gal.. today morning woke up.. and call papa..
duno when then she can call me mama...

manunited_yes have to remove the "head, stomach". as for the bones, partially as when you bring to the medical shop to grind, even the bones become powder leh.

Starrz/MBJ_Wild Wild wet also got baby pool. they even build one special play area with some interactive toys and water sprouting out for babies. Plus point is of course we can also shop and eat there after the swim...sound like so gunho, maybe after the swim, baby will want to sleep liao. Hahaha Seng Kang sounds far to me :X but let's see how...may have to bring my mum along if I go but then she probably ask me why go so far when pasir Ris got WWW. ahahahaha

Hi Cljl>> So far, my son is ok with having milk and porridge within same feed lei. I think babies know their own limits, if they are full, they won't eat anymore. That's the case for my son, he will clamp his mouth..and start turning away from the spoon. Actually, I want to try to replace at least 1 or 2 of his milk feeds entirely with solids, but I'm concerned that he doesn't get enough milk..so for the time being, still have porridge and milk in the same feed lor. My son is rather skinny, 7.8kg and he's 7.5 mths old now. As for water, he doesn't confuse between water and milk. I give him water in a cup after he takes solids, and he just drinks from it. I also dun monitor how much water he drinks, as long as he indicates that he has had enough. I guess as long as his diapers are wet and generally colourless (i.e. not yellow) and not smelly, not constipated, he should be taking in enough fluids.

Hi Angeline>> No worries about your comments. I understand each of us have different parenting styles and you're most welcome to voice your comments =)

Actually, I also hope that in time to come, my son can sleep 12hours straight! HOnestly, I also feel very ke lian to wake him in the middle of his sleep. But it's actually my hubbie who bathes him. Hubbie insists on bathing son for bonding purpose..yet hubbie works late lor.

Regarding bathing at night, my in-laws used to be very against the idea of us bathing our son at night. But cos' my hubbie and I are very firm in our parenting style and we do not allow our parents to interfere, so there's nothing much they can do. After time, they accept that we're not going to change this =p

I bought thermal suit for my son from Mothercare. Costs around S$60? So I think you got a good deal!

Hi MBJ>> Yes, I am enjoying motherhood =) And this is my first kid. I have very strong support from my hubbie..he's very hands-on with my kid. And I believe I'm also very blessed to have my son, whom I feel is generally easy to take care of. Perhaps this is God's way of encouraging us to have more kids...let us have easy baby first..haha...

Regarding sleeping through the night, that actually had to be trained. My son started sleeping through around 2.5 mths old. Prior to that, at evening time, we just put him in his cot when he is sleepy but still awake. For the first month, he will cry for us to carry him...but have to resist it...going into room to check on him every 5 or 10 min..but not carry / pat to sleep. Super difficult to resist it, especially for mummy cos heart-wrenching to hear baby cry lah! Luckily hubbie is very "strong-hearted" (haha, or should I say "hard-hearted"), will let baby cry for that 5 or 10 min before going in...After a while, baby gets the idea that we're not going to carry him to sleep, so eventually, he learns to sleep on his own.

I think it's impt for baby to learn to sleep on their own...so when they wake in the middle of the night (which they sometimes do), they know how to fall asleep on their own.

For your case, I think it's cos' baby wants the comfort of latching. Good and bad lah. I stopped latching at about 3 weeks, so I dun get to enjoy such intimacy with my son anymore =( But if you are intending to stop breastfeeding in the near future, you will need to cut down on such middle-of-night comfort latching..otherwise, very xin ku for you...

Hi Starrz>> Regarding changing of pj / diapers, I gave up trying to hold my son down..cos' he either flip here and there, or crawl over, or stand up at the cot. So now, I just let him do what he wants, and try to fit the pj over him. I've learnt to wear his clothes for him when he is standing up, crawling, sitting..haha..As for diapers, what helps for me is to use pull up pants. Easier than using the normal disposable diapers which require baby to stay still for a few seconds..

Back